ImageImageImage

Would you?

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager
And1: 8,302

Re: Would you? 

Post#21 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:05 am

GreenHat wrote:Don't worry the Cavs fans said similar when he left. Funnily enough all the ones I know have found an excuse to forgive him now that there team is good again.

Sadly, there are people like that. I'm sure some Heat fans would be OK with him being a mercenary and just view him that way. I'd stay away though. My grudges are real.
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
Aussie Heat Fan
Senior
And1: 545

Post#22 » by Aussie Heat Fan » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:10 am

Of course.
dflash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 157

Post#23 » by dflash3 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:11 am

Absolutely, but I can already imagine how brutal the backlash towards him would be if he wasn't able to win a championship in Cleveland and then abandoned them again for Miami so soon. I don't think he'd want to stomach a situation like that again, and he'd be concerned about how it'd affect the public's perception of his brand. I'd be delighted to have such a great player on my team, but Lebron will never come back even if it gets bad in Cleveland. Don't think he can afford to after the new narrative that has been set.
GreenHat
Assistant Coach
And1: 340

Post#24 » by GreenHat » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:11 am

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
GreenHat wrote:Don't worry the Cavs fans said similar when he left. Funnily enough all the ones I know have found an excuse to forgive him now that there team is good again.

Sadly, there are people like that. I'm sure some Heat fans would be OK with him being a mercenary and just view him that way. I'd stay away though. My grudges are real.

That's pretty sad that you view someone taking a job they prefer in that light. Do you still hate your mailman for changing his route 5 years ago?
Your emotions fuel the narratives that you create. You see what you want to see. You believe what you want to believe. You ascribe meaning when it is not there. You create significance when it is not present.
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager
And1: 8,302

Post#25 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:21 am

GreenHat wrote:That's pretty sad that you view someone taking a job they prefer in that light. Do you still hate your mailman for changing his route 5 years ago?

Are we fanatical about our mailmen now?

Athletes have responsibilities to the fans. We pay them their money. We watch. We buy.

It is not the same as an everyday man switching jobs.
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
kyphi
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,607

Post#26 » by kyphi » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:36 am

Funnily enough all the ones I know have found an excuse to forgive him now that there team is good again.

the season hasn't even started yet and the Bulls or Pacers may very well win that division. So it is premature to say their team is good.
GreenHat
Assistant Coach
And1: 340

Post#27 » by GreenHat » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:50 am

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
GreenHat wrote:That's pretty sad that you view someone taking a job they prefer in that light. Do you still hate your mailman for changing his route 5 years ago?

Are we fanatical about our mailmen now?

Athletes have responsibilities to the fans. We pay them their money. We watch. We buy.

It is not the same as an everyday man switching jobs.

Who do you think pays the mailman their money?

What do you do for a living? Do you have a responsibility to your customers who pay you your money to not take a better job offer?
Your emotions fuel the narratives that you create. You see what you want to see. You believe what you want to believe. You ascribe meaning when it is not there. You create significance when it is not present.
HeatDaChamps
Pro Prospect
And1: 366

Post#28 » by HeatDaChamps » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:05 am

Going back and forth with this. But ultimately, yes. However, my support for him will forever be limited. If he plays poorly, the criticism will be harsh. And deservingly so. He is not afforded the leniency that Wade will have.
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,150

Post#29 » by Heat3 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:54 am

no.
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

RJM
General Manager
And1: 2,266

Post#30 » by RJM » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:21 am

HeatDaChamps wrote:Going back and forth with this. But ultimately, yes. However, my support for him will forever be limited. If he plays poorly, the criticism will be harsh. And deservingly so. He is not afforded the leniency that Wade will have.

Wait, so because Wade chose to stay here longer, he's not subject to the sort of reasonable objective criticism that must be heaped on anyone that doesn't play to the standards expected of them? How about we call a spade a spade and criticize Wade when he merits that criticism, instead of conforming to this notion that because he did something we like, he shouldn't be exempt from the minimum standards by which all NBA players are held to.
Myam333
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,909

Post#31 » by Myam333 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:27 am

Who?
Altered_Beast
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,634

Post#32 » by Altered_Beast » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:34 am

id take him back yes but only if its not detrimental to rileys plans i.e. he wants too much damn money/control

im still bitter he bolted and my opinion on him has soured slightly, although i still like him but im a heat fan first and foremost. i dont get caught up in media hype and narratives. if i guy can play he can play and if he wants to play here and not be a screw up then bring him on.

at the end of the day its just basketball life goes on man, some people really need to let go......

"A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,051

Post#33 » by GameTime_3 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:20 am

Yes. Yes. Yes.

LeBron gave us the best 4year run in Miami Sports history. The dude will go down as one of the top players to ever play this game and he played for us. When the highlights start playing of his career, they will always show "Miami" as the place that got him there.

I hold nothing against LeBron. If Duran in 2 years wants to sign here and leave 4 years later, come on down! In the end, its about winning titles and getting go see your team on the biggest stage. LeBron gave us that and we should all appercaite him for it.

When LeBron returns, I will be standing up screaming and applauding him. Thanking him for coming to Miami and helping us put 2 more rins on Wade and UD fingers and 2 more banner at the AAA. Once the ball tips, I'll boo him like any other player,.
number1joker
Banned User
And1: 218

Post#34 » by number1joker » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:31 am

twix2500 wrote:Yes, many on here do hold grudges but he never bashed Miami on his way out. He had his own agenda and that his decision. Many on here held grudges for Zo leaving to New Jersey and said they wouldnt want his return because of so. But Riley accepted him back and now he is our beloved Zo again.

i dont think anybody said that when zo left..........
TRG
Head Coach
And1: 866

Post#35 » by TRG » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:51 am

People who are saying "no" just because they're mad he left aren't thinking rationally.

Give em a little while to cool off and they'll come around... Just like the Cleveland fans.

Regardless I don't see LBJ coming back to Miami. He'd receive more backlash than ever if he bolts w/o delivering the trophy to Cleveland.
Slot Machine
Head Coach
And1: 4,550

Post#36 » by Slot Machine » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:57 am

He essentially can't ever leave Cleveland again and I'm sure him and his PR people know that.
The Bunk wrote:God I hate this fraudulent clown.

I've never wanted to punch someone in the face so badly. Really hoping to run into him at a game one day. I won't hesitate.
carbine23
Veteran
And1: 84

Post#37 » by carbine23 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:42 am

Nope. Done with him.
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#38 » by spearsy23 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:30 am

Are there really this many people p*ssed off about him doing the same thing they've been defending him for over the last few years? That's a very 'have my cake and eat it too' world view. If you aren't a fan of him because of the way he left how could you have been a fan of him to begin with?
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
vanhowell
Senior
And1: 687

Post#39 » by vanhowell » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:32 am

Sign and trade him right after he sign his contract with the Heat :)

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
To succeed, attitude is equally as important as ability.
ReturnofMVP3
RealGM
And1: 11,580

Post#40 » by ReturnofMVP3 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:35 am

Sure if he wants to come back I will take him. I don't hate him for leaving, it's a game and his life in the end. He honored his contract that had a provision to leave and he took it. It's not like he forced us to trade him to the Cavs mid season.
Donald Trump is an idiot.

Return to Miami Heat