ImageImageImage

Mid-Season Trade dealine

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

JLop
Analyst
And1: 7,833

Re: Mid-Season Trade dealine 

Post#21 » by JLop » Fri Aug 8, 2014 4:32 pm

HIF wrote:
ifrosty13 wrote:I honestly pray Nappier becomes a solid starter and we can get rid of Chalmers. That would be my ideal scenario.

Napier

"Miami Heat rumors: Indiana Pacers’ David West a trade target?

While the Pacers will still likely be a solid team without George, their chances to compete for an NBA title drop significantly and some have speculated that a quick re-build/re-tool may be in order.

If such is to happen, one of the first players likely to be shipped out due to age and salary is that of David West. Might the Miami Heat have interest in the veteran power forward if he’s put on the block?

His 2 year contract fits their timeline of trying to reload again in 2016. And with the 150% salary matching rule they could easily assemble salary to trade for him. But really the only asset they could send in return would be Shabazz Napier or a future first-rounder. Is that return worth giving up for the Pacers? Perhaps so. West’s is probably a little overpaid this year, and likely quite overpaid next year, but he can still help a team especially if he decides he wants to shoot some threes.

West is due $12 million this year and owns a $12 million dollar option for the 2015-16 season which he’s likely to exercise."

Here is my question:
If this comes to pass, could the Miami Heat negotiate with David's West contract in exchange for a true Center, or maybe Eric Bledsoe if he decides not to re-sign with the Phoenix Suns? On the other hand, would it be better to keep David West for two years, or is it there a smartest choice?
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#22 » by HIF » Fri Aug 8, 2014 6:13 pm

West is finished.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
Wolfy1983
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,299

Post#23 » by Wolfy1983 » Fri Aug 8, 2014 8:23 pm

HIF wrote:West is finished.

I don't know if i'd go that far.
Sig By: MettaWorldPanda
Riled Up
Senior
And1: 47

Post#24 » by Riled Up » Sat Aug 9, 2014 12:25 pm

I agree with the comments that we will be interested in a PG or Center at all times, regardless of the 2016 plan. Cleveland is the biggest obstacle for the Heat moving forward and we are not going to be able to beat them on the wings. We need to attack them at the 1 and the 5. A PG who can penetrate and dish and a strong front line.
dancing2thabeet
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,681

Post#25 » by dancing2thabeet » Sat Aug 9, 2014 12:50 pm

So Dragić and Drummond in 2016! :D
orphicwhip wrote:
goodboy wrote:Man I got the flu, still will watch my team play though.

McBob shares the same mentality.
puppa bear
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,500

Post#26 » by puppa bear » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:38 am

Detroit fans looking to get rid of Monroe - suggested a Monroe for McBob trade on the trade board. I know we don't get his bird rights, but that's gotta be an automatic yes.
MuggsyBogues
Sophomore
And1: 40

Post#27 » by MuggsyBogues » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:19 pm

puppa bear wrote:Detroit fans looking to get rid of Monroe - suggested a Monroe for McBob trade on the trade board. I know we don't get his bird rights, but that's gotta be an automatic yes.

They are probably trolling, or it's one of those fans who go "I'm a really big fan of player X... but he sucks."

But yes, it would be an automatic yes.
UD4MVP
Veteran
And1: 3,091

Post#28 » by UD4MVP » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:57 pm

Think mozgov would be available? Went on the trade machine and this was the only trade that worked http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=o4fxf5b. They got nurkic through the draft and javale looks too expensive to be traded
UD4MVP
Veteran

Post#29 » by UD4MVP » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:14 pm

mozgov has a 2 year contract with a team opt after the first, and his salary would keep us below the tax line as well
MuggsyBogues
Sophomore

Post#30 » by MuggsyBogues » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:36 pm

Supposedly the Cavs offered a 1st round pick for Mozgov. So even if he is available, he will be too expensive.

I think it would be more realistic to look at players who are overpaid and might be available for next to nothing.
UD4MVP
Veteran

Post#31 » by UD4MVP » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:55 pm

MuggsyBogues wrote:Supposedly the Cavs offered a 1st round pick for Mozgov. So even if he is available, he will be too expensive.

I think it would be more realistic to look at players who are overpaid and might be available for next to nothing.

That pick would be a very late 1st rounder though. Denver has an abundance of solid role players I feel like we can steal one!
SA37
RealGM
And1: 7,138

Post#32 » by SA37 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:29 pm

My guess is Miami will look to add a wing player on a short and/or cheap contract.

I think Philadelphia would make a good trading partner. Tony Wroten (preferably), Hollis Thompson, and Jason Richardson (most realistic option) would all be interesting options for Miami.

Similarly, the Kings could be a good trading partner with Wayne Ellington and Jason Terry on the roster.

Charlotte has a lot of shooting guards. I think Gary Neal could be available.

I don't see Miami moving Deng. He would seem to draw the most interest from contenders who probably don't have enough to offer to make it worth Miami's time. Team's with an all-star type player generally are looking for draft picks and young talent, which Miami doesn't really have.
MuggsyBogues
Sophomore

Post#33 » by MuggsyBogues » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:05 pm

UD4MVP wrote:
MuggsyBogues wrote:Supposedly the Cavs offered a 1st round pick for Mozgov. So even if he is available, he will be too expensive.

That pick would be a very late 1st rounder though. Denver has an abundance of solid role players I feel like we can steal one!

It depends, I don't know if they offered their own pick or Miami's or Memphis', they have a lot of picks.

Either way, to beat their offer Miami would at least have to offer a pick. And I really wouldn't want to start trading picks for players who won't push Miami into title contention. To make it worse, Miami has no pick in 2015, they also can't trade a pick in 2016, so that would have to be the 2017 pick or a later pick, and who knows what will happen by that time.
puppa bear
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,500

Post#34 » by puppa bear » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:21 am

MuggsyBogues wrote:
UD4MVP wrote:

It depends, I don't know if they offered their own pick or Miami's or Memphis', they have a lot of picks.

Either way, to beat their offer Miami would at least have to offer a pick. And I really wouldn't want to start trading picks for players who won't push Miami into title contention. To make it worse, Miami has no pick in 2015, they also can't trade a pick in 2016, so that would have to be the 2017 pick or a later pick, and who knows what will happen by that time.

Mozgov would be nice, but he really doesn't move the needle much for us. We need a C who can play 25+ mpg, allowing Bosh to move back to PF & be offense first.

I still feel that Cole is on the move before deadline, and McBob might be trade bait as well - especially if he continues to improve this year.

Return to Miami Heat