ImageImageImage

Heat first team in 49 years to reach NBA Finals 5x in a row

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,212

Re: Heat first team in 49 years to reach NBA Finals 5x in a 

Post#41 » by twix2500 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:29 am

narmerguy wrote:I still don't get why everyone here gets butthurt about Lebron. The dude played harder than any player during his four years here, he was instrumental in bringing 4 finals appearances and 2 championships to the franchise, and he did not force his way out but exercised the options available to him in the contract he was offered. He was a mercenary who came here and won some rings, and was an absolute professional during his time here. I have no ill will toward him.

Everyone here knew that any years he gave us were going to be gravy when we signed the big 3. Why are we now acting like some kind of spurned teenage girlfriend? Appreciate the run for what it was, and embrace the new era for what it can become.

Everyone here is not butthurt, there are just few people who are. I am not mad that Lebron left. But there is nothing wrong with anyone being upset that their player decided to leave and play elsewhere. Lakers should know very well, they were butthurt when Shaq left, and when rumors of Kobe leaving fans started to show early signs that they were going to be butthurt by the idea of losing Kobe. And Laker fans have preperation H still on their ass because of Howard leaving, acting as if you never wanted him LMBO.
narmerguy
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,052

Post#42 » by narmerguy » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:29 pm

twix2500 wrote:
narmerguy wrote:I still don't get why everyone here gets butthurt about Lebron. The dude played harder than any player during his four years here, he was instrumental in bringing 4 finals appearances and 2 championships to the franchise, and he did not force his way out but exercised the options available to him in the contract he was offered. He was a mercenary who came here and won some rings, and was an absolute professional during his time here. I have no ill will toward him.

Everyone here knew that any years he gave us were going to be gravy when we signed the big 3. Why are we now acting like some kind of spurned teenage girlfriend? Appreciate the run for what it was, and embrace the new era for what it can become.

Everyone here is not butthurt, there are just few people who are. I am not mad that Lebron left. But there is nothing wrong with anyone being upset that their player decided to leave and play elsewhere. Lakers should know very well, they were butthurt when Shaq left, and when rumors of Kobe leaving fans started to show early signs that they were going to be butthurt by the idea of losing Kobe. And Laker fans have preperation H still on their ass because of Howard leaving, acting as if you never wanted him LMBO.

Yeah, I'm not exactly sure our goal should be to emulate the response of Lakers fans.

And "their player"? Lebron was barely a Heat player, he was only around for four years. He's going back to the team that he spent the majority of his career with. Lebron's 4 years here were as a hired gun to win some rings, which he did and at a price most of us would agree with. Must everything be perfect in order to enjoy nice things?
Tony15
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,849

Post#43 » by Tony15 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:21 pm

A lot of Heat fans' rage comes from perception...not so much LBJ himself. How the guy can do no wrong now since he isn't in Miami anymore is what's maddening at least to me. He could've been a lot more classy to the organization that helped get him through the vitriol people spewed at him (come to know now its Miami the media hated, not LBJ), and when the shoe was on the other foot, it was met with serious poison. Now it's no big deal....Heat fans have every right to be a bit miffed, even now. All you need to remember is that you're supporting the better franchise....

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Amorphous Blob
RealGM
And1: 4,198

Post#44 » by Amorphous Blob » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:14 pm

Lmao this is hilarious.
ReturnofMVP3
RealGM
And1: 11,580

Post#45 » by ReturnofMVP3 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:33 am

I'm so embarrassed as a Heat fan. Move on already lol
Donald Trump is an idiot.
Romerowned
Pro Prospect
And1: 547

Post#46 » by Romerowned » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:10 am

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:The Miami Heat are the first team in 49 years to reach the NBA Finals five years consecutively. First team to do it since the Dynasty of Dynasties, the Bill Russel Boston Celtics.

Oh wait. No we aren't. We aren't going to be the first team in modern NBA history to do it.

Because someone decided to leave a team that was just in the NBA Finals. And yet nobody is lambasting him for being a Coward again. The Spurs lost in 2013, in HEART BREAKING, SOUL CRUSHING fashion. Ray Allen's shot has gone down as the greatest shot in NBA Finals history. And yet, the Spurs came back strong in 2014 and beat us. Can the Heat come back in 2015 for Round 3 - Heat vs Spurs to avenge our loss? Nope. Someone ran away.

The country is not taking him to task for it.

This is correct. The heat will not make it to five straight finals because lebron decided he was homesick and left the team that welcomed him four years ago for the team that talked trash about him and burned his jersey. :banghead:
yungsin1
Junior
And1: 570

Post#47 » by yungsin1 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:50 pm

Romerowned wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:The Miami Heat are the first team in 49 years to reach the NBA Finals five years consecutively. First team to do it since the Dynasty of Dynasties, the Bill Russel Boston Celtics.

Oh wait. No we aren't. We aren't going to be the first team in modern NBA history to do it.

Because someone decided to leave a team that was just in the NBA Finals. And yet nobody is lambasting him for being a Coward again. The Spurs lost in 2013, in HEART BREAKING, SOUL CRUSHING fashion. Ray Allen's shot has gone down as the greatest shot in NBA Finals history. And yet, the Spurs came back strong in 2014 and beat us. Can the Heat come back in 2015 for Round 3 - Heat vs Spurs to avenge our loss? Nope. Someone ran away.

This is correct. The heat will not make it to five straight finals because lebron decided he was homesick and left the team that welcomed him four years ago for the team that talked trash about him and burned his jersey. :banghead:

Why can't they go to 5 straight finals. We have yet to see how a team that will have the focus on the regular season and will care about seeding this time.
Purch
Veteran
And1: 2,053

Post#48 » by Purch » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:50 pm

RJM wrote:

Why does that baby look so much like Kyle Anderson?
thinktellectual
Rookie
And1: 726

Post#49 » by thinktellectual » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:59 pm

BoshtimusPrime wrote:Hey this is the dude that wrote essays on why we should trade Bosh for Omer Asik rofl. How you feel about that now? Must suck that a guy you had such a low opinion of just got a 100+ million dollar contract from your team.

He's one of the worst posters around here.
If you look really close at his posts, you can see the butthurt and ignorance flowing through.

I never keep one of his posts on my monitor for too long for fear the butthurt and ignorance will seep through the monitor and pool on my desk.

Him and Dupas and a few others should form a club: the spurned girlfriends club. They should ask other losers from other fanbases to join them. Those that are mad at a free agent leaving or not signing with their team. Lakers fans mad at Dwight, Celtics fans mad at Ray Allen, Bulls and Knicks fans still mad Lebron didn't sign with their teams in 2010, OKC fans mad at Du .... oh, wait, too soon.
ryanpuge
Senior
And1: 619

Post#50 » by ryanpuge » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:01 pm

The problem with Lebron is that he wanted to be the GOAT/ or even one of the greatest. (#striveforgreatness)

Great players/ leaders live and die with their team.

i.e.
Bad boys Pistons cant get out of the hump over the Celtics- came back in 1988 strong and beat the Celtics
Jordan/ Bulls- cant get over the Pistons- Jordan improved his game and made the whole team better + still get his 30 points
Kobe/ Lakers lost in 2008 finals- they came back and became the champs for the next 2 seasons
Wade/ Miami lost in 2011- he came back and sacrificed so Lebron can be Lebron
Duncan/ Spurs lost in the finals last year- he/Spurs came back determined ever since the start of the season

LBJ:
2010- cant get over the mighty Celtics- leave and join Miami to learn how to become a Winner
2014=- lost in the finals- leave and go back to the Cavs and controls the whole organization

Even if LBJ holds all the record when its all said and done, he cannot be the GOAT!
MJ figured it out!
daoneandonly wrote:
it's not that I'm disrespecting Wade or saying he's not a solid NBA player,I'm saying he never was or never will be a superstar.When it comes right down to it,Wade is just not that good.
Run DLC
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,769

Post#51 » by Run DLC » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:13 am

Just let it go and move on already. We won't be completely irrelevant next season, and if Wade is at 80% of the 09 Wade, we'll pull off some major upsets in the playoffs. LeBron gave us four great years, and once he had the option to leave, he chose to do what he felt was right to him, and we should just be thankful for the good times and bad times that we had him here in Miami. He made some empty promises with the whole "Not 1, not 2......" speech, but we all know it was more of a "in the heat of the moment" type of thing. The show must go on, and we won a title before LeBron came here, and we'll win another one after his departure.

LeBron wanted power, and there was no way he was going to get it here in Miami. He wanted to be treated like the Heat treated Wade, but Wade was always going to be the favorite of the Heat FO and fans, and no matter what LeBron did in a Heat uniform, Wade would still be the more appreciated and loved player in the eyes of the Heat FO and fans. Riley will make some moves in 2016, and we'll be right back to compete for titles in the near future. LeBron took his balls and went to the place he knows he'll be appreciated and where he'll obtain the power that he desperately needed and was denied of in Miami. He's a smart and calculated businessman/player, and he did what he thought was right.
Thanks for all the great memories, LeBron! The show must go on! #Heatnation
thinktellectual
Rookie

Post#52 » by thinktellectual » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:18 am

ryanpuge wrote:The problem with Lebron is that he wanted to be the GOAT/ or even one of the greatest. (#striveforgreatness)

i.e.
Bad boys Pistons cant get out of the hump over the Celtics- came back in 1988 strong and beat the Celtics
Jordan/ Bulls- cant get over the Pistons- Jordan improved his game and made the whole team better + still get his 30 points
Kobe/ Lakers lost in 2008 finals- they came back and became the champs for the next 2 seasons
Duncan/ Spurs lost in the finals last year- he/Spurs came back determined ever since the start of the season

LBJ:
2010- cant get over the mighty Celtics- leave and join Miami to learn how to become a Winner
2014=- lost in the finals- leave and go back to the Cavs and controls the whole organization

Even if LBJ holds all the record when its all said and done, he cannot be the GOAT!
MJ figured it out!

You mean like Kareem ?
Like Wilt ?
Like Shaq ?
Like Barkley ?

Your post is so full of nonsense it's not even funny.

The crap about Lebron "learning how to be a winner" with the Heat is beyond stupid.
Had the Cavs put a better team around him, he'd have been a winner in Cleveland.
It wasn't his fault he had to play with Mo Williams as the second best player and for Mike Brown, a totally inept coach on the offensive side.

I remember 6+ years ago trying to tell people just how terrible Brown was, and a lot (especially Lakers fans trying to bring Lebron down to make Kobe look better) claimed Brown was good, it was Lebron who was uncoachable. Does anybody remember that ? I wonder how do those Lakers fans feel about Mike Brown these days.

From the moment he didn't have a superstar to save his ass, Brown couldn't manage more than 1 season of coaching a team. That's how bad he is. Fired after 1 season with the Lakers, fired after 1 season with the Cavs. And I don't think anyone will fire him anymore, because I don't think anybody is stupid enough to give him a head coaching job again.
Tony15
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,849

Post#53 » by Tony15 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:06 pm

thinktellectual wrote:
ryanpuge wrote:The problem with Lebron is that he wanted to be the GOAT/ or even one of the greatest. (#striveforgreatness)

i.e.

LBJ:

MJ figured it out!

You mean like Kareem ?
Like Wilt ?
Like Shaq ?
Like Barkley ?

The crap about Lebron "learning how to be a winner" with the Heat is beyond stupid.
Had the Cavs put a better team around him, he'd have been a winner in Cleveland.
It wasn't his fault he had to play with Mo Williams as the second best player and for Mike Brown, a totally inept coach on the offensive side.

I remember 6+ years ago trying to tell people just how terrible Brown was, and a lot (especially Lakers fans trying to bring Lebron down to make Kobe look better) claimed Brown was good, it was Lebron who was uncoachable. Does anybody remember that ? I wonder how do those Lakers fans feel about Mike Brown these days.

From the moment he didn't have a superstar to save his ass, Brown couldn't manage more than 1 season of coaching a team. That's how bad he is. Fired after 1 season with the Lakers, fired after 1 season with the Cavs. And I don't think anyone will fire him anymore, because I don't think anybody is stupid enough to give him a head coaching job again.

Maybe "learning how to be a winner" is a bit of a stretch, but fact remains he didn't "win" anything until he had Micky Arison is a team owner, Pat Riley as a team president, and Dwyane Wade as a teammate. LeBron wouldn't even be in the position he's in now if it weren't for the Heat, and I say that because as it turns out, I was "DEAD" wrong about what his influence could end up being in Cleveland now. I had said earlier that LBJ overestimated his ability to recruit vets to take less than market value to play w/ him in "CLEVELAND". Well...

Mike Miller
Shawn Marion
"Ray Allen" likely
ryanpuge
Senior

Post#54 » by ryanpuge » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:15 pm

thinktellectual wrote:

i.e.

LBJ:

MJ figured it out!

You mean like Kareem ?
Like Wilt ?
Like Shaq ?
Like Barkley ?

Let me quote what Lebron said in his letter.

“These past four years helped raise me into who I am. I became a better player and a better man. I learned from a franchise that had been where I wanted to go,” James said. “I will always think of Miami as my second home. Without the experiences I had there, I wouldn’t be able to do what I’m doing today.”
daoneandonly wrote:
it's not that I'm disrespecting Wade or saying he's not a solid NBA player,I'm saying he never was or never will be a superstar.When it comes right down to it,Wade is just not that good.
thinktellectual
Rookie

Post#55 » by thinktellectual » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:50 pm

ryanpuge wrote:
thinktellectual wrote:

i.e.

LBJ:

MJ figured it out!

You mean like Kareem ?
Like Wilt ?
Like Shaq ?
Like Barkley ?

“These past four years helped raise me into who I am. I became a better player and a better man. I learned from a franchise that had been where I wanted to go,” James said. “I will always think of Miami as my second home. Without the experiences I had there, I wouldn’t be able to do what I’m doing today.”

Of course he learned stuff and he became better. He entered his prime while in Miami.
He would have improved anywhere.

But CTRL+F "winner" doesn't find anything in his quote.

You make it sound like he couldn't have won without Miami.
He could have won with a half decent GM and an above average coach.

There's no "winning secret" that he learned in Miami.
He just saw a better way to run an organization.
Wolfy1983
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,299

Post#56 » by Wolfy1983 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:12 pm

thinktellectual wrote:He could have won with a half decent GM and an above average coach.

So does that mean he isn't winning anymore in Cleveland because they have a no-names at those 2 positions?
Sig By: MettaWorldPanda
thinktellectual
Rookie

Post#57 » by thinktellectual » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:31 pm

Tony15 wrote:
thinktellectual wrote:

i.e.

LBJ:

MJ figured it out!

You mean like Kareem ?
Like Wilt ?
Like Shaq ?
Like Barkley ?

Maybe "learning how to be a winner" is a bit of a stretch, but fact remains he didn't "win" anything until he had Micky Arison is a team owner, Pat Riley as a team president, and Dwyane Wade as a teammate. LeBron wouldn't even be in the position he's in now if it weren't for the Heat, and I say that because as it turns out, I was "DEAD" wrong about what his influence could end up being in Cleveland now. I had said earlier that LBJ overestimated his ability to recruit vets to take less than market value to play w/ him in "CLEVELAND". Well...

Mike Miller
Shawn Marion
"Ray Allen" likely

Obviously he won first with Wade, Bosh, Riley and Arison.

But I am pretty sure he'd have won if you put him on the 2009 Magic with Dwight and SVG (instead of Hedo AND Rashard). He'd have won with Pops as coach and a decent cast. He would have surely won with Phil as coach and a decent cast.

I don't want to go through all the possible places and coaches that he could have won with, but there are a few.
ryanpuge
Senior

Post#58 » by ryanpuge » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:41 pm

thinktellectual wrote:
ryanpuge wrote:
thinktellectual wrote:
You mean like Kareem ?
Like Wilt ?
Like Shaq ?
Like Barkley ?

Of course he learned stuff and he became better. He entered his prime while in Miami.

Too much could have would have in your 2 posts + speculations that he could have won in Cleveland if given a better squad. Maybe or maybe not.
However, I stated the history of some of the great players and I am non sense.

YOU ASSUMED that I said that he couldn't win without Miami.
And yes, Lebron have not won anything outside Miami. I did not say he will not, but not yet.

My point was Lebron will not be the GOAT because he didn't figure it out! That is not in the stats or advance stat sheet btw.
daoneandonly wrote:
thinktellectual
Rookie

Post#59 » by thinktellectual » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:09 pm

digg211 wrote:
thinktellectual wrote:He could have won with a half decent GM and an above average coach.

So does that mean he isn't winning anymore in Cleveland because they have a no-names at those 2 positions?

Did I say "well known" or "decent/average/good enough" ??
Them being no-names (meaning not known by american fans, especially Blatt) doesn't mean they're bad.
And he seems to already have a better supporting cast than he ever had before 2010.
thinktellectual
Rookie

Post#60 » by thinktellectual » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:26 pm

ryanpuge wrote:
thinktellectual wrote:
ryanpuge wrote:

Too much could have would have in your 2 posts + speculations that he could have won in Cleveland if given a better squad. Maybe or maybe not.
However, I stated the history of some of the great players and I am non sense.

YOU ASSUMED that I said that he couldn't win without Miami.
And yes, Lebron have not won anything outside Miami. I did not say he will not, but not yet.

My point was Lebron will not be the GOAT because he didn't figure it out! That is not in the stats or advance stat sheet btw.

Well, he better send you a thank you note for explaining it, cause he obviously couldn't "figure it out" (whatever that mysterious "it" is) by himself.

Return to Miami Heat