ImageImageImage

Heat first team in 49 years to reach NBA Finals 5x in a row

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

ryanpuge
Senior
And1: 619

Re: Heat first team in 49 years to reach NBA Finals 5x in a 

Post#61 » by ryanpuge » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:28 pm

Too much could have would have in your 2 posts + speculations that he could have won in Cleveland if given a better squad. Maybe or maybe not.
However, I stated the history of some of the great players and I am non sense.

YOU ASSUMED that I said that he couldn't win without Miami.
And yes, Lebron have not won anything outside Miami. I did not say he will not, but not yet.

My point was Lebron will not be the GOAT because he didn't figure it out! That is not in the stats or advance stat sheet btw.[/quote]

Well, he better send you a thank you note for explaining it, cause he obviously couldn't "figure it out" (whatever that mysterious "it" is) by himself.[/quote]

That response makes sense.
daoneandonly wrote:
it's not that I'm disrespecting Wade or saying he's not a solid NBA player,I'm saying he never was or never will be a superstar.When it comes right down to it,Wade is just not that good.
Enso
Head Coach
And1: 23,500

Post#62 » by Enso » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:55 am

They could very well still be the first team if things go right next year
jehosafats
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,616

Post#63 » by jehosafats » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:13 am

The Heatles still have a shot at making it to the Finals again. They have sufficient personnel and the maturity for the task. The problem is the youth and 'talent' over there in Cleveland is considerable. The Knicks could be another stumbling block. Just when you thought they were fumbling something awful, they've managed to cobble together a decent a playoff team with genuine depth. We'll see. It will take Bosh stepping back inside the arch and bodying up 4's like he used to. And Wade will have to keep in shape because there is no Bern to pick up the slack.

It isn't difficult to see why Lebron left. Looking at the moves the front office made at the All Star Break - which was none - confirmed his suspicions. They were more worried about "trademarking '3-peat' than getting the man some help.
Mr Loggins
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,408

Post#64 » by Mr Loggins » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:03 pm

Tony15 wrote:
thinktellectual wrote:
ryanpuge wrote:The problem with Lebron is that he wanted to be the GOAT/ or even one of the greatest. (#striveforgreatness)

Great players/ leaders live and die with their team.

i.e.
Bad boys Pistons cant get out of the hump over the Celtics- came back in 1988 strong and beat the Celtics
Jordan/ Bulls- cant get over the Pistons- Jordan improved his game and made the whole team better + still get his 30 points
Kobe/ Lakers lost in 2008 finals- they came back and became the champs for the next 2 seasons
Wade/ Miami lost in 2011- he came back and sacrificed so Lebron can be Lebron
Duncan/ Spurs lost in the finals last year- he/Spurs came back determined ever since the start of the season

LBJ:
2010- cant get over the mighty Celtics- leave and join Miami to learn how to become a Winner
2014=- lost in the finals- leave and go back to the Cavs and controls the whole organization

Even if LBJ holds all the record when its all said and done, he cannot be the GOAT!
MJ figured it out!

You mean like Kareem ?
Like Wilt ?
Like Shaq ?
Like Barkley ?

Your post is so full of nonsense it's not even funny.

The crap about Lebron "learning how to be a winner" with the Heat is beyond stupid.
Had the Cavs put a better team around him, he'd have been a winner in Cleveland.
It wasn't his fault he had to play with Mo Williams as the second best player and for Mike Brown, a totally inept coach on the offensive side.

I remember 6+ years ago trying to tell people just how terrible Brown was, and a lot (especially Lakers fans trying to bring Lebron down to make Kobe look better) claimed Brown was good, it was Lebron who was uncoachable. Does anybody remember that ? I wonder how do those Lakers fans feel about Mike Brown these days.

From the moment he didn't have a superstar to save his ass, Brown couldn't manage more than 1 season of coaching a team. That's how bad he is. Fired after 1 season with the Lakers, fired after 1 season with the Cavs. And I don't think anyone will fire him anymore, because I don't think anybody is stupid enough to give him a head coaching job again.

Maybe "learning how to be a winner" is a bit of a stretch, but fact remains he didn't "win" anything until he had Micky Arison is a team owner, Pat Riley as a team president, and Dwyane Wade as a teammate. LeBron wouldn't even be in the position he's in now if it weren't for the Heat, and I say that because as it turns out, I was "DEAD" wrong about what his influence could end up being in Cleveland now. I had said earlier that LBJ overestimated his ability to recruit vets to take less than market value to play w/ him in "CLEVELAND". Well...

Mike Miller
Shawn Marion
"Ray Allen" likely

Agree - without Arison owning the team no way LeBron wins a ring
TrueStoryGSW
Banned User
And1: 226

Post#65 » by TrueStoryGSW » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:38 pm

Don't worry, LeBron will get hurt (karma is a biiiaytch!) and Luolzz gonna carry this team to the finals.
PaulieWal
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,148

Post#66 » by PaulieWal » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:12 pm

TrueStoryGSW wrote:Don't worry, LeBron will get hurt (karma is a biiiaytch!) and Luolzz gonna carry this team to the finals.

Take this troll post outta here, not needed on the Heat board.
JordansBulls wrote:The Warriors are basically a good college team until they meet a team with bigs in the NBA.
dr3am
RealGM
And1: 10,485

Post#67 » by dr3am » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:42 pm

PaulieWal wrote:
TrueStoryGSW wrote:Don't worry, LeBron will get hurt (karma is a biiiaytch!) and Luolzz gonna carry this team to the finals.

Take this troll post outta here, not needed on the Heat board.

Yea foreal. I don't like LeBron at all anymore but as a fan of the game & most importantly a HEATLifer we don't roll like that over here. Leave all that wishing for player injuries on the Bulls & Knicks boards. Nothing would be more sweet then beating a fully *HEALTHY* LeBron Cavs squad for the next few years in the playoffs
Wolfy1983
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,299

Post#68 » by Wolfy1983 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:53 pm

Unlike other fanbases, we don't wish ill will towards other teams players out of fear of them knocking us out of the playoffs.
Sig By: MettaWorldPanda
thinktellectual
Rookie
And1: 726

Post#69 » by thinktellectual » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:22 pm

As others have already said, GTFO with this classless crap.
number1joker
Banned User
And1: 218

Post#70 » by number1joker » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:35 pm

dont worry mate i got yer back.

i agree with you. **** that ****
Tony15
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,839

Post#71 » by Tony15 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:30 pm

It's sad that there are people who'd rather guys get hurt....it's waayyyy more satisfying to kick their teams' *** in the playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
ifrosty13
Head Coach
And1: 1,362

Post#72 » by ifrosty13 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:21 pm

someone please lock this thread.
PaulieWal
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,148

Post#73 » by PaulieWal » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:56 pm

Tony15 wrote:It's sad that there are people who'd rather guys get hurt....it's waayyyy more satisfying to kick their teams' *** in the playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Not only that, if you are a fan of the game how can you wish injuries on other players? :-?

No matter what they do to your team you wanna see great players. Plus it will be fun to see the Heat compete without him and see what Bosh/Wade got left in them. I am excited.
JordansBulls wrote:The Warriors are basically a good college team until they meet a team with bigs in the NBA.
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#74 » by goodboy » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:20 pm

Lol @ some posters wishing injuries on James, Grow up.

Like Paulie/Tony and wm3 said, it will be really interesting and a lot more satisfying to see this Heat team beating cavs in the playoffs and also seeing how this Heat team will do without James.
Bright
MaxPayne
Junior
And1: 163

Post#75 » by MaxPayne » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:54 pm

How immature can you get? What are you, 12 years old? If you're gonna insult someone, do it right. Not this "karma is a biaattchhhh! BS.
TrueStoryGSW
Banned User
And1: 226

Post#76 » by TrueStoryGSW » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:41 am

HeatWillRise wrote:Lol @ some posters wishing injuries on James, Grow up.

Like Paulie/Tony and wm3 said, it will be really interesting and a lot more satisfying to see this Heat team beating cavs in the playoffs and also seeing how this Heat team will do without James.

Let me get this straight.... I'm not wishing injuries to anyone.

I just don't think it's possible that he'll (LeBron) never get hurt. You guys are just lucky that it didn't happen in your uniform. Peace.

Quote this after 3 years. I guarantee that he's not gonna play 95% of his games. Doubt me now and look stupid later.
narmerguy
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,052

Post#77 » by narmerguy » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:39 pm

TrueStoryGSW wrote:
HeatWillRise wrote:Lol @ some posters wishing injuries on James, Grow up.

Let me get this straight.... I'm not wishing injuries to anyone.

I just don't think it's possible that he'll (LeBron) never get hurt. You guys are just lucky that it didn't happen in your uniform. Peace.

Quote this after 3 years. I guarantee that he's not gonna play 95% of his games. Doubt me now and look stupid later.

Or you just look stupid now.

Return to Miami Heat