ImageImageImage

2011 Finals:Revisted

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

Wolfy1983
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,299

2011 Finals:Revisted 

Post#1 » by Wolfy1983 » Sat Aug 9, 2014 1:35 pm

I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but with all that's transpired over the last 30+ days, it's hard not to look back at that series and not be pissed off at a certain player not showing up and costing the face of the franchise his 2nd FMVP, especially now that the departure of that player is now being praised and is getting all the credit for Miami's 2 most recent championships and it's being thrown in our faces anytime he is brought up. The GB acts like that series never occurred.
Sig By: MettaWorldPanda
Tony15
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,849

Re: 2011 Finals:Revisted 

Post#2 » by Tony15 » Sat Aug 9, 2014 1:41 pm

The GB is full of ignoramuses that downplay all things Heat out of simple jealousy and hate. We all know the truth, so no need to revisit this.....

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
DWadeno3
RealGM
And1: 2,941

Post#3 » by DWadeno3 » Sat Aug 9, 2014 1:49 pm

It didn't really need a new thread. It shows that Miami and the Heat are really the hated ones, not LeBron himself. It just fit perfectly to hate on LeBron when he joined us, but in reality he's far more loved than hated. You'll rarely ever have a rational discussion with anybody regarding the Heat, which is why I barely post in the GB. If they want quality posting at that place, they'd have to be a lot stricter.

#HeatLifer
dancing2thabeet
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,681

Post#4 » by dancing2thabeet » Sat Aug 9, 2014 1:58 pm

Why are we hated anyway? I get the hate we got because of LeBron, the decision, making a superteam and whatnot. But he left, so why do people still hate on us?
orphicwhip wrote:
goodboy wrote:Man I got the flu, still will watch my team play though.

McBob shares the same mentality.
Tony15
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,849

Post#5 » by Tony15 » Sat Aug 9, 2014 2:43 pm

dancing2thabeet wrote:Why are we hated anyway? I get the hate we got because of LeBron, the decision, making a superteam and whatnot. But he left, so why do people still hate on us?

Maybe it's because the city is chill when it comes to their sports teams....people call us a bandwagon sports town, which to a degree is the truth, but there's way more to it than that. Because the demand here is so high, it allows the Heat to charge higher prices for tickets and such, hence you saw more corporate people in the lower level seats at Heat games than the "real" Heat fans. It's just an unfair label we get placed on us, and it's not going away anytime soon...it's easier to embrace the hate & stick a middle finger in front of their face. Let them nut-ride the Cavs, in the end we have the winning tradition. The Cavs are nothing, so if that's what the national media wants to support then so be it; I'll enjoy watching the Heat bounce back and rise to the mountain tops once again.
Cmon_Son-_-
Head Coach
And1: 8,734

Post#6 » by Cmon_Son-_- » Sat Aug 9, 2014 2:47 pm

2011 finals was the reason I was always tough on Lebron.
| ̶G̶̶̶i̶̶̶a̶̶̶n̶̶̶n̶̶̶i̶̶̶s̶̶̶ ̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶2̶̶̶1̶̶̶ ̶̶̶ ̶H̶̶̶a̶̶̶r̶̶̶d̶̶̶e̶̶̶n̶̶̶ ̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶ ̶ ̶B̶e̶a̶l̶/̶L̶a̶v̶i̶n̶e̶/̶L̶i̶l̶l̶a̶r̶d̶/̶I̶r̶v̶i̶n̶g̶/̶M̶i̶t̶c̶h̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶3 ̶L̶i̶l̶l̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶2̶.̶0̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶4̶ Jesus 2024| :pray:|
dancing2thabeet
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,681

Post#7 » by dancing2thabeet » Sat Aug 9, 2014 3:00 pm

Tony15 wrote:
dancing2thabeet wrote:Why are we hated anyway? I get the hate we got because of LeBron, the decision, making a superteam and whatnot. But he left, so why do people still hate on us?

Maybe it's because the city is chill when it comes to their sports teams....people call us a bandwagon sports town, which to a degree is the truth, but there's way more to it than that. Because the demand here is so high, it allows the Heat to charge higher prices for tickets and such, hence you saw more corporate people in the lower level seats at Heat games than the "real" Heat fans. It's just an unfair label we get placed on us, and it's not going away anytime soon...it's easier to embrace the hate & stick a middle finger in front of their face. Let them nut-ride the Cavs, in the end we have the winning tradition. The Cavs are nothing, so if that's what the national media wants to support then so be it; I'll enjoy watching the Heat bounce back and rise to the mountain tops once again.

Ah, didn't know that since I'm from Europe.
orphicwhip wrote:
goodboy wrote:Man I got the flu, still will watch my team play though.

McBob shares the same mentality.
MuggsyBogues
Sophomore
And1: 40

Post#8 » by MuggsyBogues » Sat Aug 9, 2014 3:02 pm

Because he only just left. The Heat have been winning for 4 years. There are a lot of upset people, some of it is because of that ridiculous Decision on espn and parade, but mostly because these people are fans of teams that didn't win over the last 4 years.

If you got bullied by a group of school bullies for 4 years, and then their leader switched schools, how would you feel about the rest of them?

People will want for this team to fail for years, and they will enjoy every such failure.

If this team didn't re-sign Bosh and Wade and started a tank, the amount of schadenfreude next year would have been unbearable.
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,178

Post#9 » by Heat3 » Sat Aug 9, 2014 4:10 pm

Because we aren't real fans or even real Americans. Just a bunch of lying stealing fair weather immigrants that live on welfare and don't even speak English. Unlike the good people of Ohio that work hard and earn everything they have. The salt of the earth.
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

SweetTouch
RealGM
And1: 2,961

Post#10 » by SweetTouch » Sat Aug 9, 2014 4:33 pm

2011 finals
More like the 2011 season against the mavs

He played the same way in the finals that he did against the mavs defense in the regular season

Providing knowledge for youngstas
Stop being so disrespectful.
daniel3
Lead Assistant
And1: 481

Post#11 » by daniel3 » Sat Aug 9, 2014 5:28 pm

Heat3 wrote:Because we aren't real fans or even real Americans. Just a bunch of lying stealing fair weather immigrants that live on welfare and don't even speak English. Unlike the good people of Ohio that work hard and earn everything they have. The salt of the earth.

Sad that this is probably the view they have, lol. So salty our teams have won so much down here too.
KobeBryant24
Veteran
And1: 2,167

Post#12 » by KobeBryant24 » Sat Aug 9, 2014 7:03 pm

Usually a team gets hate from their fans not only the team ( just saying ) ... For some reason we only remember the "bad" fans lol , and yes most teams have those.
Sonny Carson
Head Coach
And1: 3,726

Post#13 » by Sonny Carson » Sat Aug 9, 2014 9:07 pm

Things I've been consistent on.

1. Without LeBron taking over, I'm not sure we beat the Bulls. He willed us that series.
2. He was drained/fatigued/whatever the hell it was. And SPo continued to run him into the ground.
3. This doesnt deny the fact that LeBron was flawed and still choked that series away.
4. Spo did just as poorly of a job that series as LeBron. Sticking him at PG and chasing Jason Terry on defense was just bad bad coaching. Not to mention sticking with Bibby for so long.
Sonny Carson
Head Coach

Post#14 » by Sonny Carson » Sat Aug 9, 2014 9:13 pm

Cmon_Son-_- wrote:2011 finals was the reason I was always tough on Lebron.

Same here.

You always had a "Fear" that LeBron could go passive. Thats why any form of disinterest from LeBron would send me and a few others in panic mode.

Seeing LeBron pound away the shotclock only to pass it away in the NBA finals of 2011 gave some of us some basketball PTSD. Caused you to overreact any time you *thought* you were seeing a sign.

However, something happened to LeBron after game 2 of that series. He was clutch as hell all playoffs (most of it at least) and then after losing game 2....he became extremely passive. It worked in game (letting Dwade carry us for the most part) and it was like it was decided thats the way they should play the next 3 games.

Its so disappointing to see such a great player just have no answers. Whats even worse.......I was yelling at the TV for SPo to CHALLENGE him to shoot the darn ball. Spo was far too passive in helping LeBron or at least challenging him to play better.

Spo was young though. He got better as the years passed.
DWadeno3
RealGM

Post#15 » by DWadeno3 » Sat Aug 9, 2014 10:19 pm

Heat3 wrote:

Because we aren't real fans or even real Americans. Just a bunch of lying stealing fair weather immigrants that live on welfare and don't even speak English. Unlike the good people of Ohio that work hard and earn everything they have. The salt of the earth.

And the real thought process is: If our team sucks, we can still hit the beach, enjoy great weather, fine a** women, plenty of nightclubs and a great variety of food while people in a city like Cleveland only have their grey reality to return to. Deep down a lot of people love Miami and what it's about, but it's the fact that they don't live in Miami which pisses them off more than anything.

#HeatLifer
DWadeno3
RealGM

Post#16 » by DWadeno3 » Sat Aug 9, 2014 10:22 pm

Sonny Carson wrote:

Same here.

You always had a "Fear" that LeBron could go passive. Thats why any form of disinterest from LeBron would send me and a few others in panic mode.

Seeing LeBron pound away the shotclock only to pass it away in the NBA finals of 2011 gave some of us some basketball PTSD. Caused you to overreact any time you *thought* you were seeing a sign.

However, something happened to LeBron after game 2 of that series. He was clutch as hell all playoffs (most of it at least) and then after losing game 2....he became extremely passive. It worked in game (letting Dwade carry us for the most part) and it was like it was decided thats the way they should play the next 3 games.

Its so disappointing to see such a great player just have no answers. Whats even worse.......I was yelling at the TV for SPo to CHALLENGE him to shoot the darn ball. Spo was far too passive in helping LeBron or at least challenging him to play better.

Carlisle deserves a lot of credit for his great game plan. He simply f***ed LeBron's mind with his variety of zone defense schemes and our coaching staff was most likely too inexperienced in that regard sine zone defense hasn't been legal in the NBA for that long. With that being said, I don't understand the people (not you) who blame the emergence of Wade for LeBron's struggles. As if Wade was preventing LeBron from playing better on both ends of the floor.

The most frustrating part about those Finals was how close we were in most games. We had so many players failing, including Bosh, that we simply didn't have enough weapons to beat them. What gave us an advantage in 2012 and 2013 was the likes of Miller, Allen, Battier etc. stepping up outside of the Big Three. You need that to win, no matter how good your stars are.

#HeatLifer
Sonny Carson
Head Coach

Post#17 » by Sonny Carson » Sat Aug 9, 2014 10:48 pm

DWadeno3 wrote:
Sonny Carson wrote:

Same here.

Carlisle deserves a lot of credit for his great game plan. He simply f***ed LeBron's mind with his variety of zone defense schemes and our coaching staff was most likely too inexperienced in that regard sine zone defense hasn't been legal in the NBA for that long. With that being said, I don't understand the people (not you) who blame the emergence of Wade for LeBron's struggles. As if Wade was preventing LeBron from playing better on both ends of the floor.

The most frustrating part about those Finals was how close we were in most games. We had so many players failing, including Bosh, that we simply didn't have enough weapons to beat them. What gave us an advantage in 2012 and 2013 was the likes of Miller, Allen, Battier etc. stepping up outside of the Big Three. You need that to win, no matter how good your stars are.

I cant speak for others...

what I will say is that the "presence of Wade" was too much for LeBron that first year. Meaning that LeBron respected Wade so much as a champion, friend, teammate......he was sacred to really play his game at times. It was like once the finals hit (despite all those great moments in the playoffs) he decided "ok this is Wade's time to close this deal for us. I'm just going to do the little things to help us win" Which would basically be the opposite of the series against the Bulls.

Carlisle did a helluva job and really outcoached Spo. No denying that. But LeBron was shook as well. Scared to fail, scared of the moment, shook by zone, and far too passive to Wade.

This is why I always say Pat Riley deserved more respect from LeBron. After the fallout from that series Pat did a great job repairing his psyche and trying to get him help. That moment really could have "broke him".

But no one talks about that.
DWadeno3
RealGM

Post#18 » by DWadeno3 » Sat Aug 9, 2014 10:56 pm

Sonny Carson wrote:
DWadeno3 wrote:
Sonny Carson wrote:
Same here.

what I will say is that the "presence of Wade" was too much for LeBron that first year. Meaning that LeBron respected Wade so much as a champion, friend, teammate......he was sacred to really play his game at times. It was like once the finals hit (despite all those great moments in the playoffs) he decided "ok this is Wade's time to close this deal for us. I'm just going to do the little things to help us win" Which would basically be the opposite of the series against the Bulls.

Carlisle did a helluva job and really outcoached Spo. No denying that. But LeBron was shook as well. Scared to fail, scared of the moment, shook by zone, and far too passive to Wade.

This is why I always say Pat Riley deserved more respect from LeBron. After the fallout from that series Pat did a great job repairing his psyche and trying to get him help. That moment really could have "broke him".

Of course, but it still had nothing to do with Wade being Wade and that was my point. People blaming Wade for just playing his game (which he did the entire playoffs) are just searching for an easy excuse while trashing Wade along the way. Mentally, LeBron is just the complete opposite of Kobe. Both are extremes in their own ways and both can lead to great and bad results, as shown in Kobe's '04 Finals. Kobe would never need Wade to step aside so he could play his game, he'd just do it. At the same time, if Kobe is pissed, he'll throw you under the bus and take 30+ shots if he considers it necessary. LeBron needed those reassurances from within the organization, but mainly from Wade. But LeBron is also the guy who will motivate you and help you when things aren't going well.

#HeatLifer
Sonny Carson
Head Coach

Post#19 » by Sonny Carson » Sat Aug 9, 2014 11:44 pm

DWadeno3 wrote:
Sonny Carson wrote:
DWadeno3 wrote:

Of course, but it still had nothing to do with Wade being Wade and that was my point. People blaming Wade for just playing his game (which he did the entire playoffs) are just searching for an easy excuse while trashing Wade along the way. Mentally, LeBron is just the complete opposite of Kobe. Both are extremes in their own ways and both can lead to great and bad results, as shown in Kobe's '04 Finals. Kobe would never need Wade to step aside so he could play his game, he'd just do it. At the same time, if Kobe is pissed, he'll throw you under the bus and take 30+ shots if he considers it necessary. LeBron needed those reassurances from within the organization, but mainly from Wade. But LeBron is also the guy who will motivate you and help you when things aren't going well.

Yea I agree. There is no excuse to blame Wade for that whatsoever.

Agree with the rest of your post as well.
number1joker
Banned User
And1: 218

Post#20 » by number1joker » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:27 am

who cares. it was during the "lefag era" the year was a complete waste of time.

Return to Miami Heat