ImageImageImage

Off Season Goodies

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

radikalBaller
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,324

Off Season Goodies 

Post#1 » by radikalBaller » Sat Aug 9, 2014 4:26 pm

Hello Heatlifers,

Since the off season is pretty boring I thought I'd create a thread to post articles stats, and videos about the new guys on the roster that we do not know well in terms of game and personality. We could post video, stats, or stories about their game against real NBA competition specialy if they played significant minute and had to guard elite players. This will give us an idea of how this roster is shapping up.

I'll will start with Shawne Williams our new SF/Stretch PF backup. Here I share with you his last game played against OKC in which he had to guard Durant :

SHAWN WILLIAMS

Strengths: Has tremendous versatility, at 6-9 Shawne can play from the 1-thru-4 positions ... Extremely long with a 7-3 wingspan ... Advanced offensive game, really understands how to play ... Great one on one skills offensively ... Great vision, passing skills ... Good ball handler, almost second nature ... Can create for himself or others off the dribble drive ... Consistent jump shot, with range out to three point ... A highlight reel waiting to happen ... Extremely long wingspan makes him a terrific rebounder and shot blocker ... Good competitor, doesn't back down from a challenge, as he showed squaring off with Adam Morrison after being pushed ... His body is not far from being NBA ready ...

Weaknesses:
Low-release point on his jumper could cause problems at the next level ... Will need to develop better defensive technique, more intensity ... Quickness is very good, but won't stand out on the next level ... Still must add strength and conditioning ...

Los Angeles Lakers vs Oklahoma City Thunder - 02/13/2014 :

http://bt.davka.info/forum/viewtopic.php?id=18146

Enjoy !
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Re: Off Season Goodies 

Post#2 » by goodboy » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:08 am

Good back up for Deng, really liking our 2nd unit so far, just need a back up SG(shump?) and some other pieces.
Bright
MuggsyBogues
Sophomore
And1: 40

Post#3 » by MuggsyBogues » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:09 pm

He's not a good ball handler at all, he doesn't have a consistent jump shot and he can't play 4 positions. But he plays decent defense and plays with effort. Hopefully he can hit enough 3s to be useful. Also, hopefully Granger is healthy and we don't need Williams to be an important backup.
dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,176

Post#4 » by dolphinatik » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:23 pm

Sean Williams is an undersized 5 cast into the 4 spot because he is too small. He is a defensive shot blocker that moves well and also shoots 3s. His best season in the NBA was his first season in New Jersey where he played in 73 games, started 29 of those and averages 5.6 points 1.5 blocks and 4.4 rebounds in 17 minutes. After 3 years he was cut by Jersey and bounced around to different NBA, D league and International teams. Williams was kicked out of college at Boston College for violating multiple rules and never really caught on with an NBA team. Williams first lined up at small forward in 2009 during a D-league stint while attempting to try something new. So what is he?

He has some off the court and maturity issues. Nobody knows why he keeps getting discarded from teams but he is a fighter thats been fighting to stay in this league and is apparently doing do. Naturally he is an undersized 5 that can be sparingly used as a 4 at the NBA level. A defender that plays with energy. I see him as insurance for Birdman.
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
MuggsyBogues
Sophomore

Post#5 » by MuggsyBogues » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:42 pm

From what I've seen, he gets owned defensively by decent sized skilled 4s, but he's not a smart perimeter helper either. Tough to say what's his position. Maybe he's indeed a 5, against teams where the center isn't a scoring threat.

But that thought of Williams at 5 is hard for me to swallow, I think he's too physically weak, small, I think there's a chance that he would make Ian Mahinmi look like Alonzo Mourning. I don't know, we'll see.

It's a bit surprising that Riley gave him guaranteed money, it will be interesting to see where Riley/Spoelstra see him.
HeatNation88
Veteran
And1: 2,109

Post#6 » by HeatNation88 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:00 pm

Hope he gets cut from the squad

Pay Back is a B*tch

"Shine from the Darkness"

Formally known as "MiamiHeatFan6"
MartyConlonJr
General Manager
And1: 2,434

Post#7 » by MartyConlonJr » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:49 pm

I think we're talking about two different shawne/sean Williams above. The nets shot blocker is a different dude right?
MuggsyBogues
Sophomore

Post#8 » by MuggsyBogues » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:54 pm

MartyConlonJr wrote:I think we're talking about two different shawne/sean Williams above. The nets shot blocker is a different dude right?

Yeah, that would explain it.
Altered_Beast
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,634

Post#9 » by Altered_Beast » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:21 pm

sorry to rain on this parade but that breakdown of shawn was really too nice man. the guy is not that good, what you posted makes it seem like he is a great nba player which he is not. he actually sucks

"A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
MuggsyBogues
Sophomore

Post#10 » by MuggsyBogues » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:24 pm

Altered_Beast wrote:sorry to rain on this parade but that breakdown of shawn was really too nice man. the guy is not that good, what you posted makes it seem like he is a great nba player which he is not. he actually sucks

I believe that breakdown is a pre-draft report from back when he was in college, hence the talk about "next level."
Rapaz
RealGM
And1: 39,361

Post#11 » by Rapaz » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:38 pm

STAND UP AND MAKE SOME NOISEEEEEEEEEEEE.
FOR YOUR!
MIAMI!
PACERS!!!!!!!

MuggsyBogues
Sophomore

Post#12 » by MuggsyBogues » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:18 pm

Haha! A few years ago I was joking that the Lakers were a Pacers' retirement plan, because they had a washed up Ron Artest, a washed up Troy Murphy, Josh McRoberts who also looked washed up back then, and I don't remember who else. The Pacers should've used it in their recruitment. "Besides salary and bonuses, we also offer a retirement plan near the Pacific beach, we call it the Los Angeles Lakers."

Now it looks like they've switched to Miami.
dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,176

Post#13 » by dolphinatik » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:20 am

MartyConlonJr wrote:I think we're talking about two different shawne/sean Williams above. The nets shot blocker is a different dude right?

geez thanks. you are totally right. I was thinking about the other Sean Williams and to be honest I wish it were the other one. Nothing about this guys game excites me. These Chris Quinn type signings are why im not convinced we learned our lesson. Hopefully Jham gets extended minutes. I would rather see J Ham make mistakes and learn than waste time with this guy.
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
G.cracker
Head Coach
And1: 958

Post#14 » by G.cracker » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:46 am

I'd prefer we sign this Sean William s.

I'm like Global Warming, you can't ignore me.
dancing2thabeet
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,681

Post#15 » by dancing2thabeet » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:33 pm

MuggsyBogues wrote:Haha! A few years ago I was joking that the Lakers were a Pacers' retirement plan, because they had a washed up Ron Artest, a washed up Troy Murphy, Josh McRoberts who also looked washed up back then, and I don't remember who else. The Pacers should've used it in their recruitment. "Besides salary and bonuses, we also offer a retirement plan near the Pacific beach, we call it the Los Angeles Lakers."

Now it looks like they've switched to Miami.

Well there's beaches in Miami too...
orphicwhip wrote:
goodboy wrote:Man I got the flu, still will watch my team play though.

McBob shares the same mentality.
radikalBaller
Lead Assistant

Post#16 » by radikalBaller » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:10 am

Josh McRoberts

Position: Power Forward and Center ▪ Shoots: Left
Height: 6-10 ▪ Weight: 240 lbs.
Born: February 28, 1987 (Age 27.169) in Indianapolis, Indiana

Strengths: McRoberts[url] plays the game with great intensity and rarely backs down from a challenge[/url] on the court For his size he is extremely mobile, he's capable of running the court with ease and possesses solid quickness for a pf Good finisher around the basket and because of his mobility is excellent finishing in transition Court vision is refined, does a great job recognizing the open man Because of this double teams rarely effect him Decent shot blocker with good timing and excels as a help defender in this capacity due to his great lateral movement Plays passing lanes well thanks to his quick hands Gets a number of steals by reaching over his man in the post and then poking the ball out as it is passed into his assignment Tremendous ball handling ability enables him to play the high post and occasionally dribble drive to the basket Does a good job rebounding out of position Back to basket skills have shown some improvement thanks in part to his post footwork Shows the ability to make the jumper from mid-range, decent touch on his shot Plays with a mean streak when challenged Displays a good feel for the game Does a decent job of drawling fouls from his defender Versatile in that he can score in numerous ways depending how the defense is playing him

Weaknesses: For all his versatility, much of it is lost on the next level due to his inability to play sf, and his lack of a real post game ... Has excellent ball handling ability, but his lack of foot speed maeans he is stuck solely at the pf position ... Does not own a great feel for playing post offense, no real post moves ... May struggle with mobility should he add more weight, so playing weight could be a dilemna ... Gets easily frustrated with teammates and opponents when things arent going his way Defensively he has a habit of being overaggressive if he has to guard a physical post player Rebounding is improved but needs to work on boxing out better as he relies to much on his athleticism May need to work on his leg strength as he doesnt deny post position very well Still prone to playing inconsistent, something that plagued him last year Has struggled this year to be a leader as his emotions can get the best of him Not a big fan of physical contact, will often spend too much time complaining to the referees about contact instead of staying focused on the game Possesses perimeter shooting ability but lacks consistency to convert with regularity Truly excels facing the basket as his back to the basket moves are improved but are still unrefined

Here is McBob going against the Brooklyn Nets, you can also see Douglas Roberts enjoy :

http://vk.com/video_ext.php?oid=-449591 ... 0777c0821e
radikalBaller
Lead Assistant

Post#17 » by radikalBaller » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:00 pm

I can't believe the Al Jefferson never made the Allstars Team. He is such a great offensive PF-C.
dancing2thabeet
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,681

Post#18 » by dancing2thabeet » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:56 pm

radikalBaller wrote:I can't believe the Al Jefferson never made the Allstars Team. He is such a great offensive PF-C.

Yeah, it's weird.
orphicwhip wrote:
goodboy wrote:Man I got the flu, still will watch my team play though.

McBob shares the same mentality.
radikalBaller
Lead Assistant

Post#19 » by radikalBaller » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:13 pm

Here is McBob going against Faried, enjoy :

http://bt.davka.info/forum/viewtopic.php?id=18724
radikalBaller
Lead Assistant

Post#20 » by radikalBaller » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:42 pm

Danny Granger Jr. (Batman, The Gift) ▪ Twitter: @dgranger33

Position: Small Forward ▪ Shoots: Right
Height: 6-8.5 ▪ Weight: 225 lbs.
Born: April 20, 1983 (Age 31.118)

Overview: A good second option at either forward spot who has been one of Indiana’s best players since he was drafted. Has great size for the perimeter. Shows good strength and explosiveness as well. Very versatile. Can play a little bit of power forward. Does it all on the floor. Can shoot from the outside, or use his size and touch in close. Cleans the glass on both ends. Shows good versatility and effort on the defensive end. Was an impact player as a junior and senior at New Mexico after spending the beginning of his collegiate career at Bradley. Decision to remain in school for his senior year may have helped him translate his game to the NBA as seamlessly as he did. Plays smart, which makes him a valuable asset to any team. Very high character player with an outstanding work ethic.

Here is granger going against the Suns in 2014, enjoy :

http://bt.davka.info/forum/viewtopic.php?id=18722

Return to Miami Heat