ImageImageImage

Rumor: Rajon Rondo wants out of Boston

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

Sagev
Sophomore
And1: 23

Re: Rumor: Rajon Rondo wants out of Boston 

Post#41 » by Sagev » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:39 am

Yeah, a Rondo/Wade backcourt would be terrible spacing. However, what if one of them comes off the bench? That's a possibility.
JLop
Analyst
And1: 7,833

Post#42 » by JLop » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:16 am

Report: Celtics Engaged In ‘Serious’ Trade Talks Involving Rajon Rondo

It appears the Boston Celtics’ trade machine has kicked into high gear.

The Celtics are “exhibiting a renewed willingness” to trade point guard Rajon Rondo, sources told Yahoo! Sports on Wednesday.

“As much as ever in his nine seasons in Boston, the Celtics have left strong impressions with rival organizations that they’re prepared to make a deal that includes Rondo, sources said,” Adrain Wojnarowski and Marc Spears wrote. “Boston has been engaged in discussions described as ‘serious’ in recent days, but no trade agreement is imminent.

” Wojnarowski and Spears also reported, citing sources, that the Celtics’ asking price for Rondo is “pretty high, probably higher than most want to pay” and negotiations involving the four-time All-Star “have been focused more in the Western Conference than Eastern.

” Moving Rondo obviously would be a franchise-shaking decision for Danny Ainge & Co. Although rookie Marcus Smart might be Boston’s point guard of the future, Rondo unquestionably is the team’s most valuable player right now.

Rondo’s scoring production has slipped of late — his 8.0 point-per-game average this season would be the lowest since his rookie year — but he remains one of the game’s elite facilitators. He entered Wednesday night tied with Washington Wizards point guard John Wall for the NBA lead in assists per game (10.6).

Also included in the report is that the Celtics are, per Yahoo! Sports’ sources, shopping forward Jeff Green with the hopes of netting a first-round draft pick in return. Green has played some of the best — and most consistent — basketball of his career this season, averaging a team-best 19.7 points through 22 games.

Full article:
http://nesn.com/2014/12/report-celtics-engaged-in-serious-trade-talks-involving-rajon-rondo/

Note:
Before any move, I would take a good look on what Boston is asking in return for Rajon (is not a secret that he is going to be traded). Deng, Cole and Granger may be used in a three way trade to acquire Rondo. Monroe, Bosh, Wade and Rondo will take us to the finals for one or even two more championships. We already have the location and there's no better way to enter the year 2016 than as the champions.
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,554

Post#43 » by DefenseWins » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:19 am

Ainge aint gonna trade him to the East

Mavs, Houston and Pelicans already in those talks

Man if Mavs get him thats something else... they might as well be champs. After Dallas won in 2011 they didnt really do anything and now are retooling and getting great guys to be contenders again.
JLop
Analyst

Post#44 » by JLop » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:27 am

DefenseWins wrote:Ainge aint gonna trade him to the East

Mavs, Houston and Pelicans already in those talks

Man if Mavs get him thats something else... they might as well be champs. After Dallas won in 2011 they didnt really do anything and now are retooling and getting great guys to be contenders again.

Pat and Ainge share a special connection. Also, Boston is in rebuilding mode.
UD4MVP
Veteran
And1: 3,091

Post#45 » by UD4MVP » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:42 am

The centerpiece of the Mavs offer is Brandan Wright? I think that dude would help us but as a centerpiece in a Rondo deal? I feel like we could definitely top that with Shabazz, Ennis, and Deng lol
ReturnofMVP3
RealGM
And1: 11,580

Post#46 » by ReturnofMVP3 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:45 am

I raise your Brandon Wright and offer you anyone outside Wade/Bosh
Donald Trump is an idiot.
Prince Ali
Veteran
And1: 3,507

Post#47 » by Prince Ali » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:48 pm

JLop wrote:[size=200]
Before any move, I would take a good look on what Boston is asking in return for Rajon (is not a secret that he is going to be traded). Deng, Cole and Granger may be used in a three way trade to acquire Rondo. Monroe, Bosh, Wade and Rondo will take us to the finals for one or even two more championships. We already have the location and there's no better way to enter the year 2016 than as the champions.

Rondo AND Monroe? This is not 2k15 alright
Bourne85
General Manager
And1: 9,066

Post#48 » by Bourne85 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:49 pm

Lol I'm going back to sleep.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,859

Post#49 » by KingDavid » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:18 pm

Rondo/Wade would be the anti-Curry/Klay.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
JLop
Analyst

Post#50 » by JLop » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:36 pm

Prince Ali wrote:

"If a trade comes to fruition, Rondo would join Dirk Nowitzki, Monta Ellis, Tyson Chandler and Chandler Parsons in a high-octane starting five.

Sources told ESPN.com that the Celtics and Mavericks have been discussing a swap that would furnish Boston with multiple draft picks -- including at least one first-rounder -- as well as blossoming Mavericks center Brandan Wright and other players needed to make the salary-cap math work."

Let's see what the Mavericks have to offer in exchange for Rondo:
Multiple draft picks (one first-rounder and maybe two second-rounder)
Brandan Wright and other veteran players just to fill the difference in salary (Rondo salary: $12,909,090)

According to you the Miami Heat can't do a better offer than Dallas.

Now let's see what Detroit wants in exchange for Monroe:
PG Mario Chalmers, SF James Ennis and a first-round draft pick.

. Miami Heat receive: Greg Monroe

. Detroit Pistons receive: PG Mario Chalmers, SF James Ennis and New Orleans' 2015 first-round draft pick (via Houston)

. Houston Rockets receive: PG Brandon Jennings and Miami's 2017 first-round draft pick

But wait: we don't have any of those assets, because this is 2k15.

Learn your numbers before you post. At least I am trying to present different solutions to improve our team rather than criticize or mock the ideas that the members in this forum are presenting.
Prince Ali
Veteran
And1: 3,507

Post#51 » by Prince Ali » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:18 pm

JLop wrote:
Prince Ali wrote:

"If a trade comes to fruition, Rondo would join Dirk Nowitzki, Monta Ellis, Tyson Chandler and Chandler Parsons in a high-octane starting five.

Sources told ESPN.com that the Celtics and Mavericks have been discussing a swap that would furnish Boston with multiple draft picks -- including at least one first-rounder -- as well as blossoming Mavericks center Brandan Wright and other players needed to make the salary-cap math work."

Brandan Wright and other veteran players just to fill the difference in salary (Rondo salary: $12,909,090)

. Detroit Pistons receive: PG Mario Chalmers, SF James Ennis and New Orleans' 2015 first-round draft pick (via Houston)

. Houston Rockets receive: PG Brandon Jennings and Miami's 2017 first-round draft pick

Learn your numbers before you post. At least I am trying to present different solutions to improve our team rather than criticize or mock the ideas that the members in this forum are presenting.

just stop it, ok. the xbox is that way >>>
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,712

Post#52 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:30 pm

Any deal involving E.T. coming to Miami is laughable. How does anyone even think about posting a deal knowing the back drop history between Riley and Ainge.
JLop
Analyst

Post#53 » by JLop » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:45 pm

Prince Ali wrote:
JLop wrote:
Prince Ali wrote:

Are you looking for some attention? Xbox? 2k15? How old are you? I have not see one logic answer coming from you.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#54 » by KingDavid » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:00 pm

JLop wrote:
Prince Ali wrote:
JLop wrote:

Are you looking for some attention? Xbox? 2k15? How old are you? I have not see one logic answer coming from you.

Propose that trade in this section. viewforum.php?f=2

Let us know what they think.
#HEATLifer

JLop
Analyst

Post#55 » by JLop » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:04 pm

KingDavid wrote:
JLop wrote:
Prince Ali wrote:just stop it, ok. the xbox is that way >>>

I have a better idea: you propose this trade. Let me know how it went.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#56 » by KingDavid » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:09 pm

JLop wrote:
KingDavid wrote:
JLop wrote:

It's not my trade. It's yours. You want a serious reply on your trade idea instead of vague, sarcastic, and facetious replies, that's where you take it.

And if it were my trade, I wouldn't include the 2017 first round pick that we don't own the rights to this year.
#HEATLifer

DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,554

Post#57 » by DefenseWins » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:21 pm

Rondo is a complex dude, all these teams taking a gamble with offering picks cause he will probably not even re-sign with them
JLop
Analyst

Post#58 » by JLop » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:23 pm

KingDavid wrote:
JLop wrote:
KingDavid wrote:Propose that trade in this section. viewforum.php?f=2

It's not my trade. It's yours. You want a serious reply on your trade idea instead of vague, sarcastic, and facetious replies, that's where you take it.

And if it were my trade, I wouldn't include the 2017 first round pick that we don't own the rights to this year.

You don't have to agree to any idea and I am ok with that. At least we are having a discussion. Nevertheless, I don't have to do what anybody tells me. This is where I am posting. If for different reasons you don't like this trade or you don't see it as something that can be achieve, I respect what you think. Of course, I would prefer for you to explain in numbers (something that make sense) why you disagree with this idea. Don't try say something like: this will never happen, we have nothing to offer, or they wont make any trade with us. Negativity leads nowhere.
JLop
Analyst

Post#59 » by JLop » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:27 pm

DefenseWins wrote:Rondo is a complex dude, all these teams taking a gamble with offering picks cause he will probably not even re-sign with them

Rondo is a complex dude (at least that's what I heard) all these teams taking a gamble with offering picks cause he will probably not even re-sign with them. This is a good answer that make sense. Another outcome: Rajon can be damaged goods. I am not the biggest fan of Rondo, but I respect his talent. I think that we should look for more than one way to improve our team, because leaving aside all the differences, at the end of the day this is our team.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#60 » by KingDavid » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:35 pm

JLop wrote:
KingDavid wrote:
JLop wrote:

You don't have to agree to any idea and I am ok with that. At least we are having a discussion. Nevertheless, I don't have to do what anybody tells me. This is where I am posting. If for different reasons you don't like this trade or you don't see it as something that can be achieve, I respect what you think. Of course, I would prefer for you to explain in numbers (something that make sense) why you disagree with this idea. Don't try say something like: this will never happen, we have nothing to offer, or they wont make any trade with us. Negativity leads nowhere.
Feel free to post wherever you please. Don't let me stop you...but you have a problem with posters insulting your trade ideas. I simply offered a solution to your problem.

Not very many of us are well-versed in trades and transactions. I didn't check salaries, I didn't check contract years, I didn't check anything. But I do know that you hit a massive wall with the 2017 pick that we don't own this year at the very least; and will not own until Philadelphia uses it. If we finish better than bottom-10 this season, Philly gets our pick and we own/trade 2016 and 2017 1st rounders, iirc. But that can't happen until after the 2015 draft. You have to revise your trade. If/When you do, think carefully about the history between Riley & Ainge, even Riley & SVG. NBA is a business but personal matters play a heavy hand in decisions as well. How would trading with us benefit Detroit/Boston? Rio & Ennis are best used as fillers in a trade. You showcase someone like Deng, McRoberts, Wade, and Bosh (not implying that I want them to be traded). Not our scrubs. If you think we can get an allstar, championship level PG in Rondo for Mario Chalmers and James Ennis, you're dreaming.
#HEATLifer

Return to Miami Heat