ImageImageImage

LeBatard: Pau was set to sign with Heat til Lebron text him

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,642

Re: LeBatard: Pau was set to sign with Heat til Lebron text  

Post#41 » by DayofMourning » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:33 pm

It would satisfy me to no end if the Heat came out with a fully healthy Wade and set the world on fire. I realize that Wade is on his last legs, and that's unfortunate, but if he could put together one final great regular season and playoffs, then we have enough talent to win the East. It would be a fantastic storyline to add to Wade's resume.
musiqsoulchild
RealGM
And1: 6,354

Post#42 » by musiqsoulchild » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:55 pm

ifrosty13 wrote:
musiqsoulchild wrote:Quick question:

Is LeBatard reliable? In that, if Pau wanted to play with LeBron why not just join him in Cleveland?

Probably because Love was more interesting to Lebron than Gasol.

I am pretty sure Cleveland could have acquired both.
For love, not money.
musiqsoulchild
RealGM
And1: 6,354

Post#43 » by musiqsoulchild » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:56 pm

Flash4thewin wrote:
ifrosty13 wrote:
musiqsoulchild wrote:Quick question:

Is LeBatard reliable? In that, if Pau wanted to play with LeBron why not just join him in Cleveland?

Well part of it is location. Pau would take a pay cut to play in Miami but not in Cle. Then when the Bulls offered him a 22 million contract it was a no brainer and he took it.

The one thing i dont understand, Lebron and his agent made it crystal clear he would not a take a pay cut after what happened with Miller. So why was Pat plan predicated on the big three taking another pay cut contract?

Thanks for the responses ( you and other posters as well).

That makes sense....its after all Cleveland. I just cannot see them as a Veteran/ring chaser destination.
For love, not money.
toeybox
Freshman
And1: 46

Post#44 » by toeybox » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:08 pm

musiqsoulchild wrote:
Flash4thewin wrote:
ifrosty13 wrote:

Well part of it is location. Pau would take a pay cut to play in Miami but not in Cle. Then when the Bulls offered him a 22 million contract it was a no brainer and he took it.

The one thing i dont understand, Lebron and his agent made it crystal clear he would not a take a pay cut after what happened with Miller. So why was Pat plan predicated on the big three taking another pay cut contract?

Thanks for the responses ( you and other posters as well).

That makes sense....its after all Cleveland. I just cannot see them as a Veteran/ring chaser destination.

Problem with that is, that just isn't true as we've seen this off season. People are willing to go to Cleveland.
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager
And1: 8,305

Post#45 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:34 pm

DefenseWins wrote:
If Wade looked healthier, Lebron got more help in the finals, and if we won last year, we would have a front line of Pau, bosh and Lebron.

I am convinced that he was leaving -no matter what-.

in fact, I'm pretty sure his public relations and marketing guys already planned a "Look at how much I am sacrificing to go home. I am leaving a 3peat championship team. but I just want to go home"

I'm convinced that was his plan. He wasn't coming back, no matter what.
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager
And1: 8,305

Post#46 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:37 pm

toeybox wrote:Problem with that is, that just isn't true as we've seen this off season. People are willing to go to Cleveland.

No, they aren't.

Kevin Love was in an even WORSE city than Cleveland. He was stuck in Minnesota, freezing his butt off. He went from a worse team, in a worse city, to a contending team in a better city than Minny but it's still Cleveland.

Mike Miller came to Miami. He made close friends in Miami, and that is why Mike is in Cleveland right now. Mike would have gone to Mars if it meant playing with his homies again.
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
toeybox
Freshman
And1: 46

Post#47 » by toeybox » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:04 pm

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
toeybox wrote:Problem with that is, that just isn't true as we've seen this off season. People are willing to go to Cleveland.

No, they aren't.

Kevin Love was in an even WORSE city than Cleveland. He was stuck in Minnesota, freezing his butt off. He went from a worse team, in a worse city, to a contending team in a better city than Minny but it's still Cleveland.

Mike Miller came to Miami. He made close friends in Miami, and that is why Mike is in Cleveland right now. Mike would have gone to Mars if it meant playing with his homies again.

Marion? James Jones? Possibly Ray Allen? Miller took less money too.
heat4life
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 6,258

Post#48 » by heat4life » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:26 pm

toeybox wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:

No, they aren't.

Nobody - not named Lebron - goes to Cleveland because of Cleveland. Every single signing the Cavs have done this season is because of Lebron. Prior to Lebron being there or during his four years in Miami, who went to Cleveland because of the city?

Again, Lebron is the lone exception because of his Akron roots, and Cleveland should thank the lord that Lebron was born in Northeast Ohio.
ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP
dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,130

Post#49 » by dolphinatik » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:28 pm

people are willing to win and be a part of an exciting team. I think especially vets that have done their partying are more ready to settle down and work for a championship regardless of the city its in.
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 7,999

Post#50 » by Flash4thewin » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:14 pm

toeybox wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:

No, they aren't.

To be fair JJ, Ray and Miller all have a personal relationship with Lebron which played a huge role. Marion is the only player who signed for the Cavs without a prior relationship with Lebron and thats when all other avenues closed for him. If everyone is offering you a min contract why not sign on a contender?
Tony15
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,839

Post#51 » by Tony15 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:40 pm

Whatever...it is what it is. No doubt I've lost a good deal of respect for LeBron the person, but as far as I'm concerned LeBron the basketball player is still gonna be a joy to watch. Won't be rooting for him to win though.
WinisKing
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,988

Post#52 » by WinisKing » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:07 am

Gasol is borderline irrelevant at this point
heatlespeatles
Head Coach
And1: 2,611

Post#53 » by heatlespeatles » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:36 am

wm3 wrote:LeBitch obviously had a problem with the coaching staff & most notably Arison for letting go of Mike Miller...He could rot in Cleveland for all I care but telling everybody else instead of the man (Riley) who sat back and defended you when Cleveland fans were burning your jersey and the owner of the Cavs basically called you a quitter is some real stank ish

and you do the same thing by turning around and calling him LeBitch lol its the same f8ckin exact thing Cleveland fans did, none of you are better, you're all bitter

lets move on, we have a new team, he is gone.
Tony15
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,839

Post#54 » by Tony15 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:00 am

heatlespeatles wrote:
wm3 wrote:LeBitch obviously had a problem with the coaching staff & most notably Arison for letting go of Mike Miller...He could rot in Cleveland for all I care but telling everybody else instead of the man (Riley) who sat back and defended you when Cleveland fans were burning your jersey and the owner of the Cavs basically called you a quitter is some real stank ish

and you do the same thing by turning around and calling him LeBitch lol its the same f8ckin exact thing Cleveland fans did, none of you are better, you're all bitter

Wait another 4 years before making this accusation....believe it or not it's still pretty fresh. But yeah, it's time to move on. I've said it before, LBJ ain't worth rattling your brain. Miami's gonna work their way back up to the top w/ out him. We have the people in place to do it.
dr3am
RealGM
And1: 10,485

Post#55 » by dr3am » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:00 pm

heatlespeatles wrote:

Nah ion waste my $ on jerseys & record videos on social networks/TV of me burning them...I'll move on by saying LeBron James will forever be a bitch

So yea, deuces LeBitch. only skanks turn their backs on people who helped them the most, especially when everybody considered you the biggest choker in sports history after your 2011 performance in the Finals
GreenHat
Assistant Coach
And1: 340

Post#56 » by GreenHat » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:48 pm

wm3 wrote:
heatlespeatles wrote:

Nah ion waste my $ on jerseys & record videos on social networks/TV of me burning them...I'll move on by saying LeBron James will forever be a bitch

So yea, deuces LeBitch. only skanks turn their backs on people who helped them the most, especially when everybody considered you the biggest choker in sports history after your 2011 performance in the Finals

Only "skanks" whine like this when their man leaves.
Your emotions fuel the narratives that you create. You see what you want to see. You believe what you want to believe. You ascribe meaning when it is not there. You create significance when it is not present.
dr3am
RealGM
And1: 10,485

Post#57 » by dr3am » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:14 pm

GreenHat wrote:
wm3 wrote:
heatlespeatles wrote:and you do the same thing by turning around and calling him LeBitch lol its the same f8ckin exact thing Cleveland fans did, none of you are better, you're all bitter

*yawns* do better
SweetTouch
RealGM
And1: 2,956

Post#58 » by SweetTouch » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:46 pm

I'm seeing a lot of my fellow heatles showing tons of female emotions on here

let's get a grip (No Pat Riley)
Stop being so disrespectful.
GreenHat
Assistant Coach
And1: 340

Post#59 » by GreenHat » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:02 pm

wm3 wrote:
GreenHat wrote:
wm3 wrote:Nah ion waste my $ on jerseys & record videos on social networks/TV of me burning them...I'll move on by saying LeBron James will forever be a bitch

*yawns* do better

Sorry I can't beat the exceptional wit of LeBitch. Take your own advice in regards to your whining.
Your emotions fuel the narratives that you create. You see what you want to see. You believe what you want to believe. You ascribe meaning when it is not there. You create significance when it is not present.
thinktellectual
Rookie
And1: 726

Post#60 » by thinktellectual » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:00 am

WinisKing wrote:Gasol is borderline irrelevant at this point

And the grapes are sour.

I was convinced Pau would have signed with Miami if Lebron stayed.
I think the Heat could have rebuilt nicely.

It's a shame.
I still think there should have been 4 straight titles, but Spoelstra's idiocy lost the 2011 title and Wade's knees the 2014 title. Still, we witnessed 4 straight finals, a repeat, a 27 games win streak and a ton of great games and highlights.
But at least it was a great ride.
A lot of fans wish they would see just a bit of the success the Heat has had over the last 10 years.
We should put things into perspective and appreciate what we just had.

Return to Miami Heat