ImageImageImage

Chalmers: We All Took To A Back-Seat To LeBron In Finals

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,941

Re: Chalmers: We All Took To A Back-Seat To LeBron In Finals 

Post#21 » by DayofMourning » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:41 pm

DefenseWins wrote:I feel like it's an excuse at this point

And it's true the whole team took a backseat to Lebron. But whole of last season seemed like a chore for them. Besides some great moments, they looked miserable. Finals came and there was no motivation.

Lol I am surprised Rio is back too. I don't know anyone who was happy to have Rio back. But it happened and he seems motivated, but that doesn't mean much these days.

It seemed to me that they were just ready for it to be over. I guess the thrill of winning a championship wanes once you've done it a few times. Not for fans, but for players. They really do run themselves into the ground when you consider how many games they've played cumulative over a span of four years.
dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,176

Post#22 » by dolphinatik » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:25 pm

he seems like a broken guy now. I want confident players. I do believe there is some truth to what he says that he wasnt put in the best position to succeed. Bigs are not going to look good, point guards are not going to look good when we ask them to play the way we have been the last few seasons. Hopefully this year we get back to pg's controlling and Bigs playing down low, wings and guards defending the perimeter. Plays and options should have ended with Wade and Lebron not started with them.
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
ifrosty13
Head Coach
And1: 1,362

Post#23 » by ifrosty13 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:32 pm

Really hope Nappier turns out to be a better starting PG than what Chalmers is. I cringe every time Chalmers touches the ball.
heat4life
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 6,258

Post#24 » by heat4life » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:35 pm

I think Napier needs to get stronger in order to better penetrate and create for others. Until he does that, he is a small PG relegated to bringing the ball up court and shooting 3's. Norris Cole was a bit stronger as a rookie and still struggled driving to the basket although he possessed the speed to get to the paint.
ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP
Cmon_Son-_-
Head Coach
And1: 8,734

Post#25 » by Cmon_Son-_- » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:49 pm

Chalmers was on his way on developing into a solid PG before Lebron lets see what he does without him.
| ̶G̶̶̶i̶̶̶a̶̶̶n̶̶̶n̶̶̶i̶̶̶s̶̶̶ ̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶2̶̶̶1̶̶̶ ̶̶̶ ̶H̶̶̶a̶̶̶r̶̶̶d̶̶̶e̶̶̶n̶̶̶ ̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶ ̶ ̶B̶e̶a̶l̶/̶L̶a̶v̶i̶n̶e̶/̶L̶i̶l̶l̶a̶r̶d̶/̶I̶r̶v̶i̶n̶g̶/̶M̶i̶t̶c̶h̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶3 ̶L̶i̶l̶l̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶2̶.̶0̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶4̶ Jesus 2024| :pray:|
Heat_team02
RealGM
And1: 2,895

Post#26 » by Heat_team02 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:13 pm

I'm starting to read reports that Lebron was Very upset when Joel Anthony got traded.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
mab2039
Sophomore
And1: 75

Post#27 » by mab2039 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:31 pm

I dont know why they took back seat to Lebron James. Its not like Lebron was doing anything special, he was only leading the heat in scoring,assists and rebounding. Man this is just such a disappointing news to me. If only Lebron had stepped aside and had been incostinent and not been run into the ground with enormous responsibilities, this team would sure have reached greater heights.
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,432

Post#28 » by RexBoyWonder » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:19 pm

Heat_team02 wrote:I'm starting to read reports that Lebron was Very upset when Joel Anthony got traded.

LINK?
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,176

Post#29 » by dolphinatik » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:46 pm

Heat_team02 wrote:I'm starting to read reports that Lebron was Very upset when Joel Anthony got traded.

I could believe it, I think he imagined he could use him like JJ Hickson. Rim protector also means Lebron doesnt have to muscle up pf's and centers. I dont think Lebron liked us playing so much small ball but he went with it. Either way I thought this was a Heat thread. Lebron is long gone
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
WinisKing
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,988

Post#30 » by WinisKing » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:09 am

We wouldn't have lost by 20 pts in the last 4 games if Chalmers could actually play NBA level defense
heatlespeatles
Head Coach
And1: 2,611

Post#31 » by heatlespeatles » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:32 am

yungsin1 wrote:“Yeah, that’s the worst thing, because you never know,” Chalmers said. “Everybody in my ear, talking about ‘We need you, we need you to do this, we need you to do that.’ And then when it comes to the game, I didn’t feel involved. Like, you all talk about how y’all need me, but y’all didn’t put me in position to do anything. In previous years, if I was in that position, I would make sure I would go get the ball, I would put myself in position to score. I felt like this year, we all just took too much of a back seat in the Finals.”

“I didn’t think I’d be back,” Chalmers said. “I didn’t think that at all. I didn’t even think the Heat would want me back, to be honest. That’s how I felt like my playoff performance was, that they didn’t want me back, they wanted to go another direction. So that was in my mind, too, but I was, like, if it happens, it happens.”

he sucks, he shouldn't be on the team, period
SweetTouch
RealGM
And1: 2,961

Post#32 » by SweetTouch » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:04 am

scrubs going to talk
Stop being so disrespectful.
SweetTouch
RealGM
And1: 2,961

Post#33 » by SweetTouch » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:06 am

lol yall youngstas still don't understand how it works

literally every decision by the heatles will turn to "lbj didn't like it"

let's be smart
Stop being so disrespectful.
Heat_team02
RealGM
And1: 2,895

Post#34 » by Heat_team02 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:20 am

RexBoyWonder wrote:

LINK?

http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2014/09/1 ... nsive-gem/

When the Heat were lacking at center — around 2007 — Anthony stepped in as an integral cog to the team’s defensive backline as the only true shot blocker around. And although the Canadian’s skills would often become the butt of jokes, his activity on the glass and nearly two blocks per game were of great help in spot-duty.
Perhaps this is why LeBron James was reportedly angry when Anthony was traded to Boston last year.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2014-0 ... nis-haslem

“It’s part of the business that you don’t like,” Wade said. “Someone who’s been there and has done nothing wrong in the sense of Joel coming in and putting in the work every day. It’s a part of it but the human part, it sucks. It was hard for us earlier in the day, being with him and finding out.”

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/ ... t-to-heat/

The Heat paid the luxury tax the previous two years, and they’ll pay it again this season. But in the last year, they’ve really dialed back their spending.

They amnestied Mike Miller.

Instead of using a draft pick to upgrade their roster, they used it as a sweetener to unload Joel Anthony’s contract.

They didn’t use the mid-level exception, their primary tool for adding another rotation-caliber player.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#35 » by HIF » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:08 am

I think some people have very short memories.

Rio is a decent player and can do some things well. He's not a star, he's not perfect, but he's better than you are making out. $4m is nothing these days either. Some of you seem to think we'd be okay letting him walk and having Cole and a rook and then still be sifting the gutter for a vet min PG.

He's a heater, move on.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
Dupas
Analyst
And1: 1,860

Post#36 » by Dupas » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:42 am

SweetTouch wrote:scrubs going to talk

So..following your logic only 1% of the nba players arent scrubs.

Chalmers had career year but was on a funk in the po's. Who do you want? Collinson? Jameer? Please..
DWadeno3
RealGM
And1: 2,941

Post#37 » by DWadeno3 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:39 pm

If I remember correctly, Wade liked playing with Joel as well. On one end, he's a great pick and roll defender while being a shot blocker at the same time, allowing the wings to gamble more since they have a security blanket back there.
On the other end, he's a great screen-setter. People may underestimate this, but for pick-and-roll heavy players like LeBron and D-Wade, that's a huge contribution. How many good screen-setters did we really have? The same goes for freeing up shooters on the wings by setting a good, solid screen.

#HeatLifer
MisterHibachi
RealGM
And1: 19,073

Post#38 » by MisterHibachi » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:59 pm

Our screen setting was horrible last year outside of Oden. Even Bird usually just brushed the guy. So many of our offensive sets didn't work because guys set lazy screens.
"He looked like Batman coming out of nowhere"
PaulieWal
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,148

Post#39 » by PaulieWal » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:24 pm

Chalmers needs to come in, play, and keep his mouth shut. He has had big moments for us but last year he was exposed, plain and simple. He didn't struggle because the team didn't put him in a position to succeed or because he took a backseat to LeBron. That's a joke. Remember the game threads with no Wade and Chalmers running the offense? All of us lost god knows how many hair watching him make boneheaded plays and trying to do things he's not capable of. He got worse and worse in the ECF and the Finals. Remember his comments during the Finals when he said he was being made the scapegoat? Yeah, the scapegoat of sucking so hard that Allen started over him in game 5.
JordansBulls wrote:The Warriors are basically a good college team until they meet a team with bigs in the NBA.
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,554

Post#40 » by DefenseWins » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:24 pm

Very true about Joel. He would get caught tho and always get an offensive foul, but he set the best screens. Cue the "he does all the things that don't show up in the stat sheet". But it's what was best for the team. If we didn't trade Joel, he would have been still on the books for this offseason and be paid 3 mil. We wouldn't have gotten Deng or Birdman back even if Joel stayed.

Same with Miller, if he stayed and had 6mil on the books, we would not have recovered the way we did after Lebron leaving.

Return to Miami Heat