ImageImageImage

Bosh Excited to be Back in the Post

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

WinisKing
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,988

Re: Bosh Excited to be Back in the Post 

Post#21 » by WinisKing » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:53 am

DefenseWins wrote:I would really like Bosh to be an MVP candidate this year. In a documentary when he was with the Raps, he said he wanted to be MVP. This is probably his biggest chance. LeBron is a lock every year at the beginning, but if we do make it to a top 2 seed and he puts up monstrous numbers, it can happen.

Bosh can definitely win if we take the 2nd seed @ around 50 wins ballpark and if we split with CLE. But that is highly unlikely due to Wade needing to play a large role for that to happen which could diminish Bosh/ (Or Wade's) chance at MVP.
Dupas
Analyst
And1: 1,860

Post#22 » by Dupas » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:13 pm

Im going for wade mvp's. Dude never won one , its the only thing that his lacking and a true hit on his legacy. He got the narrative but he wont be able to fail many games. I can see his ppg rise aswell as assists . Rebounds i dont know if this is possible with this kind of defense. If we got in the first 3 positions and they have stats for that i dont see how they cant win the mvp. Theres alot of narrative around us this year. either way i would trade that **** for a fmvp again
Zasterror
RealGM
And1: 10,019

Post#23 » by Zasterror » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:57 pm

Dupas wrote:Im going for wade mvp's. Dude never won one , its the only thing that his lacking and a true hit on his legacy. He got the narrative but he wont be able to fail many games. I can see his ppg rise aswell as assists . Rebounds i dont know if this is possible with this kind of defense. If we got in the first 3 positions and they have stats for that i dont see how they cant win the mvp. Theres alot of narrative around us this year. either way i would trade that **** for a fmvp again

As much as I CRAVE for this to happen, it is highly unlikely. He may have good-great numbers but he will be competing against the likes of Durant/LeBron/Rose(possibly) and their team have a likely shot of having better records.
I can still find solace that Wade will probably be the best player to have never won a regular season MVP.
shanedude
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,694

Post#24 » by shanedude » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:32 pm

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2195 ... the-making

Great article on Bosh's offseason training.
Tyler Gang or Die
Maroko
Lead Assistant
And1: 11,432

Post#25 » by Maroko » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:43 pm

shanedude wrote:http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2195601-chris-boshs-new-role-as-heats-go-to-man-has-been-months-in-the-making

Great article on Bosh's offseason training.

Great article, thank you ! :wink:

PS : WTF with your new avy? Are you a Husky in real life ? :lol: Nice 1 :wink:
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#26 » by goodboy » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:01 pm

Superhuman wrote:Hey guys, I just picked up Bosh on my fantasy team and I was wondering what you guys think his stat line will be this year. What I'm worried about is his rebounds, but if he'll be banging in the post more, safe to assume he'll average more than 6 like he has the past few years right?

Everything should be a bigger boast on his stat line, maybe his efficiency might drop a little because of more shots.

But I'd say 23-24/9/3
Bright
Shewasfly
Head Coach
And1: 11,748

Post#27 » by Shewasfly » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:29 am

Zasterror wrote:
Dupas wrote:Im going for wade mvp's. Dude never won one , its the only thing that his lacking and a true hit on his legacy. He got the narrative but he wont be able to fail many games. I can see his ppg rise aswell as assists . Rebounds i dont know if this is possible with this kind of defense. If we got in the first 3 positions and they have stats for that i dont see how they cant win the mvp. Theres alot of narrative around us this year. either way i would trade that **** for a fmvp again

As much as I CRAVE for this to happen, it is highly unlikely. He may have good-great numbers but he will be competing against the likes of Durant/LeBron/Rose(possibly) and their team have a likely shot of having better records.
I can still find solace that Wade will probably be the best player to have never won a regular season MVP.

Gosh I wish I was like you because I don't find solace in that at all, it makes me feel sad for Wade.

I'm hoping he proves everyone wrong and gets it. I think if we finish with the 2nd seed in the east and not that many less wins than the 1st seed, likely the Cavs, they have no reason to not give it to him. We are complete under dogs in every way, and everyone thinks he is done, so for him to turn the team into legit title contenders and do it with superior individual play, that would be more than worthy of an MVP. More so than of any of the guys you mentioned who are working with much more talent. All that said its the getting to the 1st or 2nd seed part that is the long shot unfortunately.

And I would root for Bosh to win a MVP too, but I think his chances are even lower. If Wade's star power hasn't even been enough to get him any recognition for an MVP, Bosh's certainly is not going to be enough
:tiredJB:
HeatLifer14
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#28 » by HeatLifer14 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:04 pm

HEAT111 wrote:Chris Bosh MVP 2015

:lol: :lol:
EscapoTHB
Suspended
And1: 1,249

Post#29 » by EscapoTHB » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:27 pm

Can't wait. I think if he stays healthy, he's going to be huge this year. Dark Horse MVP candidate.
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,031

Post#30 » by Flash4thewin » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:18 pm

If we play the same defense what difference does it make?
kyphi
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,612

Post#31 » by kyphi » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:33 pm

Flash4thewin wrote:If we play the same defense what difference does it make?

Everything the Heat did during the LeBron years was to play to his strengths, both on offense and defense. The other players were secondary.
This is a brand new season without him and frankly, I am looking forward to different offensive sets and defensive strategies.
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,554

Post#32 » by DefenseWins » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:11 pm

Flash4thewin wrote:If we play the same defense what difference does it make?

According to multiple reports, the Heat will tweak the defense. They cited that they knew wide open 3's were an issue.

They know they can't fly around like they did before, not with the personnel we have. Also, it didn't work when we tried to get guys who couldn't fly around, TO fly around. Them old legs couldn't do it or handle it.
RSCD3_
RealGM
And1: 7,276

Bosh Excited to be Back in the Post 

Post#33 » by RSCD3_ » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:12 am

He has no reason to average less than 8 rebounds, this year.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
I came here to do two things: get lost and slice **** up & I'm all out of directions.

Butler removing rearview mirror in his car as a symbol to never look back

Peja Stojakovic wrote:Jimmy butler, with no regard for human life
cyclix
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,636

Post#34 » by cyclix » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:31 pm

I fear Bosh will become alot inconsistent this season. Hopes he proves me wrong.
heat4life
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 6,258

Post#35 » by heat4life » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:31 pm

Zasterror wrote:

MVP is mostly a popularity vote from the media and for some reason Wade - compared to other superstars - has always been the player that had to prove himself over and over to get accolades. I mean, Rose won during the one season everyone hated Lebron for leaving Cleveland. Not that Rose did not deserve considerations but if Lebron was still the "darling", I doubt Rose wins.

I prefer Finals MVP. Wade dominated in 2006 like noone else and if Lebron didn't choke against the Mavs, I think Wade takes that Finals MVP also.

Unfortunately Wade played during the Kobe, Lebron and now the Durant era. Not that these players aren't great or deserving but IMO, they just happen to be more popular to the media and the common fan than Wade will ever be.

Don't have a doubt, we still witness greatness like we never experienced before Wade arrived in Miami. It is going to be sad the day he is no longer playing. All we can do is hope that we don't stink it up like the Dolphins since Marino retired.
ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP
cyclix
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,636

Post#36 » by cyclix » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:06 am

I can't understand for the life of me why Wade isn't as popular as LeBron or Durant. Usually, I would think he had the aesthetics to pull it off (Wade is more aesthetically pleasing to watch then LeBron and Durant IMO). I thought the Popularity of Iverson and Kobe had to do with that.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,855

Post#37 » by KingDavid » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:49 am

cyclix wrote:I can't understand for the life of me why Wade isn't as popular as LeBron or Durant. Usually, I would think he had the aesthetics to pull it off (Wade is more aesthetically pleasing to watch then LeBron and Durant IMO). I thought the Popularity of Iverson and Kobe had to do with that.
Biggest thing is health. Next is a lack of hype coming out of college. Then it's because he was drafted the same year as LBJ. Nothing you can do about that. If most of his career years were like his 08-09 season and healthy....different story.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
DWadeno3
RealGM
And1: 2,941

Post#38 » by DWadeno3 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:00 pm

cyclix wrote:I fear Bosh will become alot inconsistent this season. Hopes he proves me wrong.

Him having a larger role will erase inconsistencies. It is easy to have an off night when you're only the third option on a team.

#HeatLifer
RealGM
And1: 66,480

Post#39 » by 720 » Thu Oct 2, 2014 7:03 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XyUD5Fa0M4[/youtube]

Just wanted you guys to have some insight and how he might play.
Slot Machine
Head Coach
And1: 4,558

Post#40 » by Slot Machine » Thu Oct 2, 2014 7:57 pm

I'm really excited to see what Bosh can do as a primary option. It's almost like we got a whole new player. I'm hoping for 22-9.
The Bunk wrote:God I hate this fraudulent clown.

I've never wanted to punch someone in the face so badly. Really hoping to run into him at a game one day. I won't hesitate.

Return to Miami Heat