ImageImageImage

Official Miami Heat 2014-2015 Season - Training Camp Edition

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

Prince Ali
Veteran
And1: 3,507

Re: Official Miami Heat 2014-2015 Season - Training Camp Edi 

Post#681 » by Prince Ali » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:39 am

Mars wrote:
Weight loss has Heat's Shawne Williams in top shape

Shandel Richardson | Sun Sentinel
October 21, 2014

MIAMI - Shawne Williams was thanking and cursing teammate Mario Chalmers at the same time..

Chalmers was responsible for selecting the team dinner menu when the Miami Heat played in Kansas City last week. He chose a meal that included several items Williams has been avoiding.

"I had sweet potato pie and cake, a lot of soul food," Williams said. "We've kind of went away from that. I've been on strict diet … No fried foods. Not a lot of breads. Not a lot of sugars."

It was the first time he cheated on the diet that helped him shed 25 pounds since the summer. At 235, this is the lightest Williams has been since college.

"It's helped me a lot mentally," said Williams, a 6-foot-10 forward. "Right now, I still haven't even tapped into it. You're so big sometimes you forget what you can do. The coaches have been doing a great job of trying to remind me what my body can do."

The Heat are hoping the improved conditioning helps Williams squeeze into the rotation. He is expected to add depth in the frontcourt and gives them another three-point shooting big.

"Keep your eye on him," Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said. "He's an excellent shooter and in much better shape than he's been in before. He just needs to be comfortable with where and when and how he'll get to those shots. He's one of the better shooters we have in our gym."...

Link

this article was a good read, I like this guy's attitude
Mars
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,174

Post#682 » by Mars » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:13 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/EthanJSkolnick/status/524686864700432384[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ByTimReynolds/status/524758024146391040[/tweet]
GUTS™
DWadeno3
RealGM
And1: 2,941

Post#683 » by DWadeno3 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:11 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElRtC_xWknE[/youtube]

"You throw better lobs than Mario Chalmers" :lol:

#HeatLifer
Zombiesonics
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,213

Post#684 » by Zombiesonics » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:18 pm

@DraftExpress: Top NBA Preseason Rookie PERs (minimum 15mpg): Shabazz Napier, Devyn Marble, Andrew Wiggins, Kyle Anderson, P.J. Hairston, K.J. McDaniels.
HEAT111
Veteran
And1: 1,803

Post#685 » by HEAT111 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:13 pm

Is it just me or that was an old pre-2010 Heat Court I saw last night?
ifrosty13
Head Coach
And1: 1,362

Post#686 » by ifrosty13 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:29 pm

HEAT111 wrote:Is it just me or that was an old pre-2010 Heat Court I saw last night?

New court. A little lighter wood. I like it.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,751

Post#687 » by KingDavid » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:58 pm

Zombiesonics wrote:@DraftExpress: Top NBA Preseason Rookie PERs (minimum 15mpg): Shabazz Napier, Devyn Marble, Andrew Wiggins, Kyle Anderson, P.J. Hairston, K.J. McDaniels.

No love for Ennis? Probably because he didn't play last game though.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
Mars
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,174

Post#688 » by Mars » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:11 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/EthanJSkolnick/status/524762382934212608[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/EthanJSkolnick/status/524762892701560832[/tweet]
GUTS™
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#689 » by KingDavid » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:29 pm

Nuggets release Quincy Miller. 6'10" SF.

The Denver Nuggets have informed Quincy Miller of the organization’s plan to waive the forward, a source with knowledge told RealGM on Tuesday night.

Miller, once a promising young prospect in the Denver franchise, had a partially guaranteed contract for the upcoming season. Miller’s release signals another step toward the Nuggets keeping Alonzo Gee for the regular season roster.

Gee posted seven points on three-of-four shooting, four rebounds and four steals while defending Portland star Damian Lillard well in 27 total minutes in the Nuggets’ loss to the Trail Blazers on Tuesday.

In 52 games last season, Miller, 21, averaged 4.9 points and 2.8 rebounds. He was the 38th overall pick by the Nuggets in the 2012 NBA Draft and has a skill set at 6-foot-10 that will warrant another opportunity.
Ummm...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZXmq1xRa4M[/youtube]
#HEATLifer

djkeem
Starter
And1: 641

Post#690 » by djkeem » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:33 pm

KingDavid wrote:Nuggets release Quincy Miller. 6'10" SF.

Ummm...

?
Sign5
Head Coach
And1: 9,644

Post#691 » by Sign5 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:35 pm

Mars wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/EthanJSkolnick/status/524762382934212608[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/EthanJSkolnick/status/524762892701560832[/tweet]

Funny enough was just watching some videos of MJ in his later years and reminded me on how Wade emulated the exact same thing by living in the mid-post shooting mid-range jumpers, some slashing and the occasional 3.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuryGoKXT-Q[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBMpvKwV0cM[/youtube]
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#692 » by KingDavid » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:37 pm

djkeem wrote:

Ummm...

?

I wish we had an open spot for another project. Oh well.

Ohhh I posted it in the wrong thread! Nothing Heat related, sorry
#HEATLifer

Cmon_Son-_-
Head Coach
And1: 8,734

Post#693 » by Cmon_Son-_- » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:57 pm

KingDavid wrote:
djkeem wrote:

Ummm...

?

I wish we had an open spot for another project. Oh well.

Ohhh I posted it in the wrong thread! Nothing Heat related, sorry

I'd take him over every rookie we have other than Ennis and Napier. He's been in the league 2 years and would still be are youngest player.
| ̶G̶̶̶i̶̶̶a̶̶̶n̶̶̶n̶̶̶i̶̶̶s̶̶̶ ̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶2̶̶̶1̶̶̶ ̶̶̶ ̶H̶̶̶a̶̶̶r̶̶̶d̶̶̶e̶̶̶n̶̶̶ ̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶ ̶ ̶B̶e̶a̶l̶/̶L̶a̶v̶i̶n̶e̶/̶L̶i̶l̶l̶a̶r̶d̶/̶I̶r̶v̶i̶n̶g̶/̶M̶i̶t̶c̶h̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶3 ̶L̶i̶l̶l̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶2̶.̶0̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶4̶ Jesus 2024| :pray:|
DWadeno3
RealGM
And1: 2,941

Post#694 » by DWadeno3 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:00 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf03BsGQtDw&feature=youtu.be&t=1m55s[/youtube]

#HeatLifer
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,554

Post#695 » by DefenseWins » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:22 pm

I can't wait til our Center rotation doesn't freakin' suck

Yeah we have Bosh at Center, but it's not his natural position. He plays well next to guys who can rebound and defend.

Birdman is old... he was good for us the last 2 years but something seems strange about him. I won't write him off completely right now, but he isn't our rebounding answer.

Bosh/McBob looks like a good front court OFFENSIVELY. We have yet to see how they'd do together as well. Our start to the season will be a rough ride.

Man our last good center rotation was Shaq/Zo.... we are long overdue. We keep going after OLD centers and not developing guys.We also play UNDERSIZED centers too :banghead: In 2016 we gotta go after Dwight (if he opts out), no matter his attitude... he still balls on the court.

Birch is probably our most positive sign at Center in a long while...
JLop
Analyst
And1: 7,833

Post#696 » by JLop » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:17 pm

DefenseWins wrote:I can't wait til our Center rotation doesn't freakin' suck

Yeah we have Bosh at Center, but it's not his natural position. He plays well next to guys who can rebound and defend.

Birdman is old... he was good for us the last 2 years but something seems strange about him. I won't write him off completely right now, but he isn't our rebounding answer.

Bosh/McBob looks like a good front court OFFENSIVELY. We have yet to see how they'd do together as well. Our start to the season will be a rough ride.

Man our last good center rotation was Shaq/Zo.... we are long overdue. We keep going after OLD centers and not developing guys.We also play UNDERSIZED centers too :banghead: In 2016 we gotta go after Dwight (if he opts out), no matter his attitude... he still balls on the court.

I have been reading this from Ira Winderman's webpage: "But while McRoberts is a facilitator, he is not a point guard, not someone who advances the ball across midcourt. The only way the Heat go big, with McRoberts perhaps alongside both Chris Bosh and Chris Andersen would be if Dwyane Wade operates as the de facto point guard." Then, this idea crossed my mind: if some how Pat Riley, manages to sign Al Horford in a trade, what are our chances against the Spurs, Cavaliers, and Bulls? I mean, if the Miami Heat decides to go big with McRoberts as a facilitator, Dwyane Wade operating as the de facto point guard, Luol Deng (Small forward), Al Horford (Center), and Chris Bosh (Power forward).
insfo
General Manager
And1: 11,055

Post#697 » by insfo » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:21 pm

lol .. here we go again with fantasy trades. So are we getting Horford for Mario Friggin Chalmers?

EDIT: Ok, I take that back, I guess this is a step in the right direction after your earlier attempt at a 2016 plan .. here it is for those haven't read this before

JLop wrote:
heat4life wrote:I personally love Horford as a player. His only issue has been staying healthy.

The two players that I would like to see joining the Miami Heat are Anthony Davis and Kevin Durant. On the year 2016 Anthony Davis will become a restricted free agent. It truly is complicated because he will be offered a maximum contract with the New Orleans Pelicans. To make this acquisition Miami will have to offer in return someone like Greg Monroe (at least). Also, Davis has to demand this in order to get it done. It is complicated. Assuming this pipe dream comes to pass, to have Anthony Davis (age 21), Chris Bosh (age 30) and Kevin Durant (age 26) playing together is almost unreal. Just the size, speed, all around game, youth, experience, muscle force, and the basketball IQ among them will be something to remember for decades to come. And even, at the age of 38, this three players will be among the best of the league. But this is not all. The Miami Heat will be able to keep D. Wade (age 32) as well and probably they will have the salary space to bring a decent Point Guard. All of this without sacrificing the depth of our bench players. By the way, players like Shabazz Napier (age 23) and James Ennis (age 24) will have a more polish game. And I can see Josh Mcroberts (age 27) becoming an even better player. On top of this, lets not forget the draft picks. Yes, starting on the year 2017 (I believe) we will start using our own draft picks. The future ahead of us is very bright.
JLop
Analyst
And1: 7,833

Post#698 » by JLop » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:36 pm

insfo wrote:lol .. here we go again with fantasy trades. So are we getting Horford for Mario Friggin Chalmers?

EDIT: Ok, I take that back, I guess this is a step in the right direction after your earlier attempt at a 2016 plan .. here it is for those haven't read this before

JLop wrote:
heat4life wrote:I personally love Horford as a player. His only issue has been staying healthy.

The two players that I would like to see joining the Miami Heat are Anthony Davis and Kevin Durant. On the year 2016 Anthony Davis will become a restricted free agent. It truly is complicated because he will be offered a maximum contract with the New Orleans Pelicans. To make this acquisition Miami will have to offer in return someone like Greg Monroe (at least). Also, Davis has to demand this in order to get it done. It is complicated. Assuming this pipe dream comes to pass, to have Anthony Davis (age 21), Chris Bosh (age 30) and Kevin Durant (age 26) playing together is almost unreal. Just the size, speed, all around game, youth, experience, muscle force, and the basketball IQ among them will be something to remember for decades to come. And even, at the age of 38, this three players will be among the best of the league. But this is not all. The Miami Heat will be able to keep D. Wade (age 32) as well and probably they will have the salary space to bring a decent Point Guard. All of this without sacrificing the depth of our bench players. By the way, players like Shabazz Napier (age 23) and James Ennis (age 24) will have a more polish game. And I can see Josh Mcroberts (age 27) becoming an even better player. On top of this, lets not forget the draft picks. Yes, starting on the year 2017 (I believe) we will start using our own draft picks. The future ahead of us is very bright.

Are you asking for some attention? Is it there anything wrong with asking a simple question? Do you have a specific list of questions that you like? And here I was talking to DefenseWins, but I guess this is you. Anyway,thank you for reading my posts.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#699 » by KingDavid » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:18 pm

JLop wrote:
DefenseWins wrote:I can't wait til our Center rotation doesn't freakin' suck

I have been reading this from Ira Winderman's webpage: "But while McRoberts is a facilitator, he is not a point guard, not someone who advances the ball across midcourt. The only way the Heat go big, with McRoberts perhaps alongside both Chris Bosh and Chris Andersen would be if Dwyane Wade operates as the de facto point guard." Then, this idea crossed my mind: if some how Pat Riley, manages to sign Al Horford in a trade, what are our chances against the Spurs, Cavaliers, and Bulls? I mean, if the Miami Heat decides to go big with McRoberts as a facilitator, Dwyane Wade operating as the de facto point guard, Luol Deng (Small forward), Al Horford (Center), and Chris Bosh (Power forward).

Surely, you jest.
#HEATLifer

KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#700 » by KingDavid » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:25 pm

insfo wrote:lol .. here we go again with fantasy trades. So are we getting Horford for Mario Friggin Chalmers?

JLop wrote:

So basically, JLop, you're telling us that you've invented a time machine that will allow us to keep these aforementioned players at their current year-to-date age in 2017? Or a time capsule? A reverse hyperbolic time chamber?

Oh and that Anthony Davis is worth Greg Monroe in a trade! I missed that.

I envy you. To have such a vivid imagination.
#HEATLifer

Return to Miami Heat