ImageImageImage

**Predict the Heat 2014-2015 Regular season**

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,399

**Predict the Heat 2014-2015 Regular season** 

Post#1 » by RexBoyWonder » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:04 pm

All answers should address the regular season:

1) How many wins will the Heat have in the 2014-2015 season?
2) What seed will the Heat be to start the Eastern playoffs?
3) Who will be our leading scorer, and what will his PPG be?
4) Who will be our best overall new addition?
5) Who will be our best rookie/young player?
6) Who will be the biggest disappointment?
7) What trades will we end up doing during the year?
8) What will be the biggest surprise of the season? (positive or negative or both)
9) What will our board posters write about Spo once this season is over?
10) What will be the biggest factor to impact our success or failure this year?
11) What will you consider a success/failure this year?

12) Bonus playoff question - How far will we get in the playoffs and how will our season end?
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
RexBoyWonder
RealGM

Re: **Predict the Heat 2014-2015 Regular season** 

Post#2 » by RexBoyWonder » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:26 pm

1) feeling optimistic, I'll go with 48 wins.
2) feeling optimistic, I'll go with the # 4 seed.
3) Bosh - 23 PPG.
4) Deng
5) Napier
6) Granger, Rio
7) Not sure yet, maybe Cole + someone for a short term veteran.
8) Napier being a solid starting NBA PG + Bosh being capable of being the #1 option
9) I think we'll be a solid team and he'll get credit for keeping us a top eastern team.
10) Wade's health. I think he continues to slide and by that we lose the chance to be really dangerous.
11) getting to the Eastern finals will be a huge success, but even if we fall short of that - I'll consider our season a success if we give the rookies enough playing time and develop at least 3 or 4 of : Napier, Ennis, Hamilton, Birch, Dawkins into solid rotation players.

12) fall short to the Cavs/Bulls/Wizards, whoever we meet in the Eastern Conference Semifinals.
Sgt P
Sixth Man
And1: 2,551

Post#3 » by Sgt P » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:39 pm

1) How many wins will the Heat have in the 2014-2015 season? -- 47 wins

2) What seed will the Heat be to start the Eastern playoffs? -- 5th seed

3) Who will be our leading scorer, and what will his PPG be? -- Bosh 25 PPG
4) Who will be our best overall new addition? -- Deng

5) Who will be our best rookie/young player? -- Nazz

6) Who will be the biggest disappointment? -- Granger

7) What trades will we end up doing during the year? -- Cole traded for a rebound or defensive Center

8) What will be the biggest surprise of the season? -- Wade's performance: "Reports of my decline are greatly exaggerated"
9) What will our board posters write about Spo once this season is over? -- Overall negative, he should play the youngsters more.

10) What will be the biggest factor to impact our success or failure this year? -- Shazz and Pepper your Ennis play

11) What will you consider a success/failure this year? --
success: Beat Cavs in PO.
failure: not incorporating more talent.

12) How far will we get in the playoffs and how will our season end? -- 2nd Round or EFC
" Excellence is not an exception, it is a prevailing attitude." said C.P.
xMADEinDADEx
Head Coach
And1: 3,427

Post#4 » by xMADEinDADEx » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:40 pm

1) 45-50 Range.
2) If everyone's healthy, I say a 2nd seed. Realistically, probably a 3rd.
3) It should probably be Bosh, but has to be Wade. 25ppg.
4) I would probably say Ennis if he got any meaningful mins, but with the history of our franchise, I'm not banking my money on that.. So I will go with a safer bet in Deng. He will be a solid replacement to LeBron.
5) Either Napier or Ennis..
6) Depends on what you mean by that.. in terms of scoring, I feel Deng will leave us disappointed scoring-wise. As for overall, without question Granger.
7) No idea. For the better part of 4 years now, We've been terrible at rebounding and excuses have been plenty. I would love to trade for someone that could help in this department.
8) Biggest surprise (positive) has to be Wade. I feel he will prove he is a top 10 player in the NBA still.
9) Spo is a genius! (sike)
10) This year, just like the last 2, and well if you really think about it.. any team really.. its Health. simple as that.
11) Failure if we do not make the playoffs. Success if we make it to the ECF or beyond.

12) I feel the bulls are heavily overrated, and I see us in the ECF against the Cleveland Cavaliers and I do not want to predict who will win that.. :(
Formerly known as G-Menn..
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,554

Post#5 » by DefenseWins » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:44 pm

Dang we bout to eat crow if this doesn't go as planned lmao. Oh well

Brain says 45, Heart says 50
4 or 5
Bosh 22ppg
Deng
To be realistic, I love Ennis but he backs up Deng and Deng is going to play A LOT. It's going to hard to get him minutes. Napier on the other hand, Cole and Rio, mostly Cole, will fudge up a lot and Napier can have more of an impact. Ennis gotta fight for his spot more I would think, if Granger and Brown do well. I want them to both succeed though.
Granger
edit : changed my answer from Cole or Granger to just Granger. I think Cole is getting traded anyway so I just removed him from my answer

Trading Cole for something.
8) What will be the biggest surprise of the season? (positive or negative or both)
If we could get 50 wins that would be amazing. Also, if we can defend the 3 point line well or are respectable rebounding wise...
If he doesn't play the rookies as much as many of us expect, many of us will be cursing our heads off saying he's stubborn. Also if we give up a lot of 3's this year, they'll say he never tweaked the defense and that he sucks. There will be that one person who hopes he gets fired as well
Success : Defense. We have to get back to being a top 5 defensive team. Also, our 3 point shooting needs to get better. We have the guys, they just aren't as efficient as the other guys in the last 4 years.
Failure : Kind of the same thing. If we suck at defense, suck at rebounding, we'll fail miserably. We already have 1 out of 2 before the season even starts.
Success : 45-50 wins, 2nd round exit
Failure : under 45 wins, 1st round exit.

12) Bonus playoff question - How far will we get in the playoffs and how will our season end?

2nd round exit

I'd rather lose to the Wizards or something. It's like a low profile loss lol, as opposed to Bulls and Cavs.
Sign5
Head Coach
And1: 9,641

Post#6 » by Sign5 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:45 pm

1) How many wins will the Heat have in the 2014-2015 season? 48

2) What seed will the Heat be to start the Eastern playoffs? 4th

3) Who will be our leading scorer, and what will his PPG be? Tough, I'd say Wade and Bosh will BOTH average around 22-24ppg

4) Who will be our best overall new addition? Luol Deng

5) Who will be our best rookie/young player? Ennis

6) Who will be the biggest disappointment? Chalmers

7) What trades will we end up doing during the year? No idea, seeing as how Riley is looking towards 2016

8) What will be the biggest surprise of the season? (positive or negative or both)- Wade playing more than 60 games like the whole sports nation is betting against(hopefully).

9) What will our board posters write about Spo once this season is over? Same ol' same ol', not playing such and such more minutes, late game executions and rotations.

10) What will be the biggest factor to impact our success or failure this year? Wade's health, Bosh's aggressiveness.

11) What will you consider a success/failure this year? Success getting past the first round, failure- not making the playoffs.

12) Bonus playoff question - How far will we get in the playoffs and how will our season end?[/quote]
For now I'd say they're a 2nd round exit.
JLop
Analyst
And1: 7,833

Post#7 » by JLop » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:47 pm

Around 50.

Between the third and the fourth (all depends on who has the number one and number two seed).

Chris Bosh with 23 PPG.

Shabazz Napier.

Shabazz Napier.

Rio. And that's because we love to hate the guy. But he might be send to another team before the playoffs.

Norris Cole (Mario Chalmers could be traded as well)

A big trade that will happen to improve our starters. D. Granger will do better than expected. Shabazz Napier and James Ennis will be making a lot of noise in the NBA as well.

The usual: Spo knows nothing about basketball. But we all know better than that.

Pat Riley.

Success: putting together the roster of players that we already have.
Failure: if we don't develop the full potential of Shabazz Napier and James Ennis.

If after December 15 we make a big trade (which I am expecting) we are on the Eastern finals. Otherwise, we will be among the top four remaining teams of the East.
Slot Machine
Head Coach
And1: 4,554

Post#8 » by Slot Machine » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:08 pm

1) How many wins will the Heat have in the 2014-2015 season? 46 wins
2) What seed will the Heat be to start the Eastern playoffs? 5th seed
3) Who will be our leading scorer, and what will his PPG be? Chris Bosh 23 PPG
5) Who will be our best rookie/young player? Shabazz Napier
6) Who will be the biggest disappointment? Danny Granger
7) What trades will we end up doing during the year? Chalmers traded for a reserve big or Cole for a 2nd rounder, possibly both
8) What will be the biggest surprise of the season? (positive or negative or both) Bosh will average between 9 and 10 boards a game
9) What will our board posters write about Spo once this season is over? Takes too long to make adjustments but proved he could win without a Top 3 player
10) What will be the biggest factor to impact our success or failure this year? Health
11) What will you consider a success/failure this year? Making the playoffs as a 6 seed or above

12) Bonus playoff question - How far will we get in the playoffs and how will our season end? Lose in 7 games in the 1st round
The Bunk wrote:God I hate this fraudulent clown.

I've never wanted to punch someone in the face so badly. Really hoping to run into him at a game one day. I won't hesitate.
Zasterror
RealGM
And1: 10,019

Post#9 » by Zasterror » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:15 pm

45-50 wins. If I had to pick a number, 48 wins.

4th seed.

This is where it gets tough. Bosh will probably be our most consistent scorer but if Wade will have his resurgent year, I can see him scoring more per game.
Wade will be around 22 PPG and Bosh will hover over a little above 20 PPG.

Deng mainly due to the consistency, all-around factor. I would had picked McBob but I don't have enough evidence yet since he hasn't played.

Shabazz will have the best opportunity to showcase this season due our weak PG rotation and lack of definite back-up SGs. But I think Ennis will have the higher ceiling in the end, but that probably won't come about till a couple of seasons from now. I really hope Spo let these dudes play consistently.

Danny Granger and I've said it from the beginning. He has no knees, no lateral quickness, can't jump. But he has experience and good shooting touch and locker room presence. He will get by with his IQ alone. If he hits the 3-ball well, thats all I will ask of him. But I can definitely see him as the 2014 Battier unfortunately.

Anything dealing with Cole. If Shabazz turns out to be the player we've seen this preseason, Cole's job is in jeopardy; as much as I want Rio to be gone, he's not going anywhere and he has the shooting and size to be the incumbent backup SG in case Cole starts. Another veteran PG or a Center would probably be dealt for him.

POSITIVE:
Biggest surprise will be the emergence of Ennis. He has nearly all the tools to be successful in the league, we just need to put him out there.

NEGATIVE:
If Spo runs the same damn defensive schemes.

Good question.
Realistically: "We could have done much better if Spo didn't hold back our young guys so much"
Hopefully: "Say what you want, but Spo has proven to be a great coach that can adapt and plan for any situation"

Health and it's not even friggin close. We ain't going no where if key guys like Wade and Bosh go down. Although, I would had put Deng on that list but Ennis would do just fine that role IMHO.

Success:
Deep playoff run. To go even farther, beating an elite East team in the Playoffs to get there (Cleveland or Chicago). Also, Wade being able to play 70+ games this season.

Failure:
Not making the postseason or 8th seed, especially if the team were relatively healthy all season. We have a good squad, no excuse to underachieve this year.

If things goes well, I truly believe we can reach the ECF if the seedings/matchings are in our favor. We will lose but we will do a lot better than others expected.
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#10 » by goodboy » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:31 pm

Sign5 wrote:1) How many wins will the Heat have in the 2014-2015 season? 48

2) What seed will the Heat be to start the Eastern playoffs? 4th

3) Who will be our leading scorer, and what will his PPG be? Tough, I'd say Wade and Bosh will BOTH average around 22-24ppg

5) Who will be our best rookie/young player? Ennis

6) Who will be the biggest disappointment? Chalmers

7) What trades will we end up doing during the year? No idea, seeing as how Riley is looking towards 2016

8) What will be the biggest surprise of the season? (positive or negative or both)- Wade playing more than 60 games like the whole sports nation is betting against(hopefully).

9) What will our board posters write about Spo once this season is over? Same ol' same ol', not playing such and such more minutes, late game executions and rotations.

10) What will be the biggest factor to impact our success or failure this year? Wade's health, Bosh's aggressiveness.

11) What will you consider a success/failure this year? Success getting past the first round, failure- not making the playoffs.

For now I'd say they're a 2nd round exit.[/quote]

Pretty much this head to toe.
Bright
dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,123

Post#11 » by dolphinatik » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:41 pm

1) 43 wins
2) 5th seed
3) Bosh leads the team at 22 per
4) Deng will be the best addition vet
5) Ennis will be the best young
6) Wade will be the biggest disappointment
7) Chalmers will be dealt toward the tail end of the season
8) JHam will come out of nowhere and crack the rotation
9) Spo will recieve the same criticisms as before, not much will change, poor rotations sticking with small ball
10) Interior defense, rim protection and guards protecting the perimeter on d, rebounding on d and o
11) Win or lose development and playing time for the rookies so we know what we can or cannot build on
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
SA37
RealGM
And1: 7,121

Post#12 » by SA37 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:57 pm

50-32
3rd
Dwyane Wade 23.3
McRoberts
Norris Cole
Chris Bosh
Any trade would likely be minor. Maybe a trade for a backup SG/SF
Dwyane Wade will play in 75+ games
Everyone will hate his offense
Dwyane Wade's health/Chris Bosh proving he's more than a second or third option.
Success: seeing Wade has another 2-3 years as an All-star caliber player, Bosh proving me wrong, and at least two of McRoberts, Ennis, Napier, Chalmers, or Cole showing they're legit NBA starters and/or can influence the outcome of a game.

Failure: McRoberts, Ennis, Napier, Chalmers and Cole showing minimal or no progression aka showing they're journeymen types. Bosh looking incapable of being the number 1 option.

Lose in the 2nd rd to Cleveland 4-1.
TDotsfinest97
Banned User
And1: 5,953

Post#13 » by TDotsfinest97 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:21 am

1. 45
2. 6th
3. DWade 21.4 PPG
4. Napier, Heat should start him
5. Napier
6. Deng
7. Look out for a backup SF
8. Chris Bosh 18/9
9. No idea
10. Dwyane Wade's health
11. Success: Upset a Wizards/Raptors team and go into the second round
Failure: Finish 7th seed and get swept by a Bulls team
12. First round exit in 6 to a Wizards team, if they face a Raptors team an upset could be possible considering Miami's experience
RexBoyWonder
RealGM

Post#14 » by RexBoyWonder » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:52 pm

I'm changing my answer to question # 6 :

Biggest disappointment will be never seeing Ennis on the court enough to really get a read on his full potential. Adding Granger will turn out to be the most destructive move of the season.
heat4life
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 6,258

Post#15 » by heat4life » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:23 pm

50 Wins

3rd

D. Wade 22ppg

Josh McRoberts who will quietly make the offense run smooth by just facilitating.

Shabazz Napier if only because he can run the offense and create for others.

Chris Andersen who I can see struggling with health issues due to his style of play.

Getting some front court help if only because of the reason stated above.

Chris Bosh averaging 20ppg and 9rpg

The board posters will remain with the same uneducated consensus that Spo sucks and the grass is greener elsewhere

Health

2nd round of the playoffs = success. Not making the playoffs = failure.

I think Miami will go toe to toe with their 2nd round opponent (Washington, Chicago or Cleveland) and might make it interesting in 6 games (7 against Washington) with the opportunity to win the series if the health gods shine on their side.
ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP
ifrosty13
Head Coach
And1: 1,362

Post#16 » by ifrosty13 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:32 pm

3rd
Wade / 23ppg
Statistically, probably Deng, overall, Mcroberts. He spaces the floor extremely well and can really pass the ball, will be key in the Heat offense
Shabazz, no brainer. Ennis will be good once he breaks rotation, but that might take a while
Chalmers, if that's even possible
I don't have the slightest idea, I don't think there will be much done this season, Pat is really locked in on 2016
Dwyane Wade still got it, and him playing 72 games
He will still get the spobot forever and ever here.
Dwyane Wade's health
Eliminating the Cavs would be my championship, Failure would be being anything lower than a 4th seed in the playoffs. Success would be a championship, but that's far fetched, no reason to call the season a failure if we can make noise in the playoffs though
Call me optimistic but I say we make it to the ECF and maybeeeeeeeeeee just maybeeeeeee the finals if we can somehow eliminate cleveland. I say ECF, if we dont bump into cleveland before, because I think we can take on the Wizards and Bulls with all of their health issues
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,554

Post#17 » by DefenseWins » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:27 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:I'm changing my answer to question # 6 :

Biggest disappointment will be never seeing Ennis on the court enough to really get a read on his full potential. Adding Granger will turn out to be the most destructive move of the season.

Lmao it's a bit early to say that but I too have that feeling, I said it in number 5

To be realistic, I love Ennis but he backs up Deng and Deng is going to play A LOT. It's going to hard to get him minutes. Napier on the other hand, Cole and Rio, mostly Cole, will fudge up a lot and Napier can have more of an impact. Ennis gotta fight for his spot more I would think, if Granger and Brown do well. I want them to both succeed though.
RSCD3_
RealGM
And1: 7,276

Post#18 » by RSCD3_ » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:42 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:All answers should address the regular season:

1) How many wins will the Heat have in the 2014-2015 season? 49-33
2) What seed will the Heat be to start the Eastern playoffs? 3rd seed
3) Who will be our leading scorer, and what will his PPG be? wade 22.1
4) Who will be our best overall new addition? Deng
5) Who will be our best rookie/young player? James Ennis
6) Who will be the biggest disappointment? Shabazz Napier
7) What trades will we end up doing during the year? Cole + filler for a back-up 5.
8) What will be the biggest surprise of the season? (positive or negative or both) positive: wade in health plays 72 games or more, negative: Shabazz Napier gets less than 15 mpg
9) What will our board posters write about Spo once this season is over? He's a slightly above average coach and he should be kept.
10) What will be the biggest factor to impact our success or failure this year? How our offense is designed, ball movement is always preached but spo has got to get the players to walk the walk.
11) What will you consider a success/failure this year? Second round of the playoffs, must win two games.

12) Bonus playoff question - How far will we get in the playoffs and how will our season end? Lose in the semi's to Chicago.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
I came here to do two things: get lost and slice **** up & I'm all out of directions.

Butler removing rearview mirror in his car as a symbol to never look back

Peja Stojakovic wrote:Jimmy butler, with no regard for human life
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,161

Post#19 » by Heat3 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:00 pm

3rd

Wade, 25ppg (i'm rounding up or down)

Napier

Napier

Deng

Cole for someone, anyone, Napier starts after that.

We still won't be able to guard the long ball.

Spo must go.

Wade's health

Minimum 3rd seed and east conf finals appearance. Anything less is a failure.

It will end with a party on Biscayne Blvd after we defeat the Spurs in the NBA Finals to cap off the trilogy.
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

Mugiwara
Starter
And1: 2,692

Post#20 » by Mugiwara » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:47 pm

1) How many wins will the Heat have in the 2014-2015 season? 44 wins.
2) What seed will the Heat be to start the Eastern playoffs? 5th seed.
3) Who will be our leading scorer, and what will his PPG be? Bosh, 22 PPG.
4) Who will be our best overall new addition? Josh McRoberts.
5) Who will be our best rookie/young player? James Ennis.
6) Who will be the biggest disappointment? Wade, because of his injury record.
7) What trades will we end up doing during the year? Cole.
8) What will be the biggest surprise of the season? No clue.
9) What will our board posters write about Spo once this season is over? He's an average coach.
10) What will be the biggest factor to impact our success or failure this year? Spo.
11) What will you consider a success/failure this year? Not making playoffs/Lose in 1st Round/Get swept.

2nd Round. We'll lose 4-1 against Bulls/Cavs.

Return to Miami Heat