ImageImageImage

The Josh McRoberts Thread

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

Slot Machine
Head Coach
And1: 4,558

The Josh McRoberts Thread 

Post#1 » by Slot Machine » Fri Nov 7, 2014 6:16 am

Felt like it'd be a good idea to get a thread going about McBob. He's barely played thus far and has been trying to find his groove recovering from toe surgery that made him miss all of the preseason.

He's been fairly nondescript so far in his (very) limited action. When do you think he takes over the starting job from Shawne Williams? What do you think his statline will look like? What do you expect from him?

Obligatory: Image
The Bunk wrote:God I hate this fraudulent clown.

I've never wanted to punch someone in the face so badly. Really hoping to run into him at a game one day. I won't hesitate.
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Re: The Josh McRoberts Thread 

Post#2 » by gom » Fri Nov 7, 2014 7:55 am

The PF position will be shared on this team with Bosh, McRoberts, Haslem, and Williams all getting time there. I see Josh getting about 20-25 minutes a game. I'd like to see 4 rebounds, 4 assists, and 8 points. Note that at Charlotte he played 30 minutes per game last year and got 4.8 rebounds, 4.8 assists, and 8.5 points. I think Williams will improve as the season goes on and he becomes better meshed with the team. Williams has potential to pick up a lot more points than Josh does on his own, but McRoberts will create more baskets for his teammates.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,432

Post#3 » by RexBoyWonder » Fri Nov 7, 2014 9:46 am

I too am really happy about S.Williams and his play. really nice surprise so far. Takes the pressure off Mcbob, he can ease back into the groove.

I don't see Bosh playing at PF much, the only lineup he should is if we play him and Hamilton together. I also don't want to see Haslem getting real minutes at PF, his role is more of bench leadership right now.

So Williams and Mcbob should share the minutes at PF, whoever gets hot in a certain day taking most of the minutes but both playing at least 20 a night.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
dancing2thabeet
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,681

Post#4 » by dancing2thabeet » Fri Nov 7, 2014 2:07 pm

I think he averages at least 10 points, if not a little more. Considering his passing skills and the lack of playmaking from our back court, he will probably get more minutes than Williams and thus, more shots. I just hope McBob shoots the three ball as well as Shawne does.

As for the other stats, 4 assists and 5 or 6 rebounds sounds plausible. If he squeezes half a block and half a steal per game in there, it would be quite good. No idea about his percentages though.
orphicwhip wrote:
goodboy wrote:Man I got the flu, still will watch my team play though.

McBob shares the same mentality.
RJM
General Manager
And1: 2,266

Post#5 » by RJM » Fri Nov 7, 2014 2:41 pm

Is a Napier-Wade-Williams-McRoberts-Bosh lineup all that farfetched? Shooting and slashing still exist in this lineup. I'm not saying it's the starting lineup, but I can't help but think Spo might consider this from time to time.
Cmon_Son-_-
Head Coach
And1: 8,734

Post#6 » by Cmon_Son-_- » Fri Nov 7, 2014 2:55 pm

RJM wrote:Is a Napier-Wade-Williams-McRoberts-Bosh lineup all that farfetched? Shooting and slashing still exist in this lineup. I'm not saying it's the starting lineup, but I can't help but think Spo might consider this from time to time.

Our best lineup when he's healthy would be Chalmers-Wade-Deng-Mcbob-Bosh. Its wouldn't be our best shooting lineup but I'd like to see this line up close games.
| ̶G̶̶̶i̶̶̶a̶̶̶n̶̶̶n̶̶̶i̶̶̶s̶̶̶ ̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶2̶̶̶1̶̶̶ ̶̶̶ ̶H̶̶̶a̶̶̶r̶̶̶d̶̶̶e̶̶̶n̶̶̶ ̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶ ̶ ̶B̶e̶a̶l̶/̶L̶a̶v̶i̶n̶e̶/̶L̶i̶l̶l̶a̶r̶d̶/̶I̶r̶v̶i̶n̶g̶/̶M̶i̶t̶c̶h̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶3 ̶L̶i̶l̶l̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶2̶.̶0̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶4̶ Jesus 2024| :pray:|
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#7 » by IggieCC » Fri Nov 7, 2014 3:48 pm

I don't mind him taking his sweet time. Toe injuries can linger. Almost always worse than they sound.

At full strength, McRob will be much better defensive/hustle presence than Williams... that's what we are missing out right now otherwise Williams is doing just fine filling in offensively.
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,173

Post#8 » by dolphinatik » Fri Nov 7, 2014 3:53 pm

I dont see why we cant have MCR on the floor with Bosh and Shawn in some type of zone but he moves fast enough to cover the 3. We have alot of options with this team.
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
dancing2thabeet
Lead Assistant

Post#9 » by dancing2thabeet » Fri Nov 7, 2014 4:41 pm

Williams getting some burn as a backup SF might not be that far fetched when McBob returns full time, especially if Ennis continues with his rookie struggles and Granger isn't ready to go yet.
orphicwhip wrote:

DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,554

Post#10 » by DefenseWins » Fri Nov 7, 2014 4:48 pm

McBob provides ball movement. Every game he has dished out a nice pass to a cutter or something. Last time I remember it was Deng, who is good at slashing in these days. McBob is also athletic. Only botched fast break we didn't have was Wade lobbing it to McBob. He can dunk on dudes too. I like his activity and he tries to get rebounds. Don't forget McBob can shoot 3's too, but he needs his legs under him.

Williams is our best 3 point shooter... his stats are skewed because of the 1st game, but if you don't count that game he has great numbers for us.

He would be amazing off the bench when McBob comes back.

Our bench of Napier-Rio-Granger/Ennis-Williams-Birdman/Ham is pretty good imo
yungsin1
Junior
And1: 570

Post#11 » by yungsin1 » Fri Nov 7, 2014 7:32 pm

Cmon_Son-_- wrote:
RJM wrote:Is a Napier-Wade-Williams-McRoberts-Bosh lineup all that farfetched? Shooting and slashing still exist in this lineup. I'm not saying it's the starting lineup, but I can't help but think Spo might consider this from time to time.

Our best lineup when he's healthy would be Chalmers-Wade-Deng-Mcbob-Bosh. Its wouldn't be our best shooting lineup but I'd like to see this line up close games.

Shabazz-Wade-Deng-Mcbob-Bosh would be our best line up
Cmon_Son-_-
Head Coach
And1: 8,734

Post#12 » by Cmon_Son-_- » Fri Nov 7, 2014 9:09 pm

yungsin1 wrote:
Cmon_Son-_- wrote:

Shabazz-Wade-Deng-Mcbob-Bosh would be our best line up

Shabazz eventually but until he gets his 3 point shot and defense together I'd rather have rio on the court.
| ̶G̶̶̶i̶̶̶a̶̶̶n̶̶̶n̶̶̶i̶̶̶s̶̶̶ ̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶2̶̶̶1̶̶̶ ̶̶̶ ̶H̶̶̶a̶̶̶r̶̶̶d̶̶̶e̶̶̶n̶̶̶ ̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶ ̶ ̶B̶e̶a̶l̶/̶L̶a̶v̶i̶n̶e̶/̶L̶i̶l̶l̶a̶r̶d̶/̶I̶r̶v̶i̶n̶g̶/̶M̶i̶t̶c̶h̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶3 ̶L̶i̶l̶l̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶2̶.̶0̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶4̶ Jesus 2024| :pray:|
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,982

Post#13 » by eddieheatfan » Fri Nov 7, 2014 9:44 pm

i'm giving him the benefit of the doubt right now because he was injured since he came to miami. i think that he is going thru some acclimation to the heat's style of play
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#14 » by gom » Fri Nov 7, 2014 10:18 pm

dancing2thabeet wrote:I think he averages at least 10 points, if not a little more. Considering his passing skills and the lack of playmaking from our back court, he will probably get more minutes than Williams and thus, more shots. I just hope McBob shoots the three ball as well as Shawne does.

As for the other stats, 4 assists and 5 or 6 rebounds sounds plausible. If he squeezes half a block and half a steal per game in there, it would be quite good. No idea about his percentages though.

Josh has never averaged 10 ppg. He looks to get 10 points every 36 minutes or so, but he likely won't play that often.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... bjo01.html
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
dancing2thabeet
Lead Assistant

Post#15 » by dancing2thabeet » Fri Nov 7, 2014 10:28 pm

gom wrote:
dancing2thabeet wrote:I think he averages at least 10 points, if not a little more. Considering his passing skills and the lack of playmaking from our back court, he will probably get more minutes than Williams and thus, more shots. I just hope McBob shoots the three ball as well as Shawne does.

Josh has never averaged 10 ppg. He looks to get 10 points every 36 minutes or so, but he likely won't play that often.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... bjo01.html

I know he didn't, but he will be getting more open looks this time around. I think hitting 2 threes and getting two buckets from Wade/Bosh/PG assists isn't such a stretch. Somebody will have to score for us besides Wade and Bosh. I think Deng and McBob fill that gap.
orphicwhip wrote:

Paz
Analyst
And1: 3,864

Post#16 » by Paz » Sat Nov 8, 2014 7:36 am

I see the ball going through McBob plenty. He has great a passing ability for a big man and I've often seen him find the open at the right time on Charlotte last year. So far I've seen some questionable play from him but his passion is undeniable. All I know is, if he rips through the HEAT on his jersey again, I'm going to find him and kill him. I have special skills and whatnot.
Mars
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,174

Post#17 » by Mars » Sat Nov 8, 2014 3:54 pm

Josh's numbers as a starter the last two seasons…

2013-14:

8.5 PTS, 4.8 REB, 3.9 AST, .436 FG, .729 FT, .361 FG3, 30.3 MIN, 78 GAMES

2012-13:

9.9 PTS, 7.7 REB, 3.0 AST, .489 FG, .813 FT, .250 FG3, 33.9 MIN, 22 GAMES

If he averages 30+ minutes per game, with the luxury of now getting to play off Bosh, Wade, and Deng while he's on the floor, he’ll average 10+ points per game with ease this season.
GUTSâ„¢
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,982

Post#18 » by eddieheatfan » Sun Nov 9, 2014 3:03 am

Mars wrote:Josh's numbers as a starter the last two seasons…

2013-14:

8.5 PTS, 4.8 REB, 3.9 AST, .436 FG, .729 FT, .361 FG3, 30.3 MIN, 78 GAMES

2012-13:

9.9 PTS, 7.7 REB, 3.0 AST, .489 FG, .813 FT, .250 FG3, 33.9 MIN, 22 GAMES

If he averages 30+ minutes per game, with the luxury of now getting to play off Bosh, Wade, and Deng while he's on the floor, he’ll average 10+ points per game with ease this season.
i'm kind of hoping that he get his game sorted out and do better numbers than what you are projecting there
puppa bear
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,500

Post#19 » by puppa bear » Sun Nov 9, 2014 8:30 am

I must admit that I was bullish on McBob before LBJ left, but now: not so much. I hope he can get somewhere around 10/7/4, so that his contract is seen as really good value - for trade purposes.

He is a bit symbolic of what the next couple years are bout: staying relevant. We won't win a ring with him as our starting PF (unless he's the 4th option), but he (& Deng) will help us be a top-4 team in the East. Management is obviously planning something around either the 2016 FA class, and/or the imminent cap raise. If the raise is sudden & big, then McBob's contract will be a steal.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums mobile app
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,243

Post#20 » by twix2500 » Sun Nov 9, 2014 3:43 pm

Its still too early, Im sure the offensive scheme that spo has implemented is suppose to highlight McBob passing and shooting. Im curious how that will look when everything is worked out. He is a poor defender, but hopefully he can be a least 7 rebound guy in order for his poor defense to be worth it. Still early, and will wait to see if there more to his game than what i have previously thought.

Return to Miami Heat