ImageImageImage

Thoughts on a post Dec 15 deal

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,554

Re: Thoughts on a post Dec 15 deal 

Post#481 » by DefenseWins » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:16 pm

I think we should trade whatever we can for Cousins, who is unhappy in Sacramento

I was opposed to trading Deng but with the Granger healthy he can be our starter now

Trade Deng and whoever else for Boogie
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,724

Post#482 » by MettaWorldPanda » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:49 pm

HIF wrote:I'd take Waiters for Bird.

They need a big, we need a SG.

Kamen is a backup big in a team that needs a backup PG/SG.

After seeing your reply about my trades being laughable, I could not help myself in picking out one of your bright ideas. Only in the eyes of an immense one sided homer world would the Cavs even be remotely interested in trading a young asset at SG for a 36 year old center. You also mentioned Kaman but failed to realize they are missing there starting center for almost two months (Lopez). Your strong hold value on Deng is what is laughable at this point. I love what Deng brings as a player but I also love the Miami Heat more. The way this team is built, we are not going to make it very far. Cmon man I know you watch the games. You really think we are making a viable run with Colemers as our PG duo? Do you really think we are going to bring in anything of value with the thought of trading our 36 year old center and two bum PG's? Cmon man lets be somewhat realistic here.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#483 » by MettaWorldPanda » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:19 pm

HIF wrote:
Panda Friend 51 wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:
You really are clueless, aren't you?

We can't even draft in the "10-15" range, we lose the pick if it's below 10.

And what does Waiters being a bad pick have to do with our drafting?

I really have no desire to ever reply to you again, just wasting my time.

Hey Rex what do you think about the proposed deal I have above with the Bulls? I was doing some research and they have two 1st round picks coming up they might be willing to part with for Deng and Birdman.

A first and second round pick from the Bulls are worth very little no matter what Rexboywonder tries to tell you.

I wouldn't give Deng for that and I'd only trade Bird for a worthwhile player. Picks are so overrated and longterm.

Based off post quality I certainly value Rexboy's opinion over yours at this current juncture. Every time you see Deng included into a deal it's a bad deal. Deng is 29 with a player option that you deem him to have this imaginary value that he would bring in a Dion Jordan or something. Do you think the Heat really want to invest in a 31 year old SF with all his miles come 2016? He needs to be dealt for some young assets plain and simple. Deng is not willing us to anything this year and his window is closing fast. We would be doing Deng a solid by trading him to a contender instead of having to deal with Colemers killing his value going into his player option year.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#484 » by MettaWorldPanda » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:25 pm

DefenseWins wrote:I think we should trade whatever we can for Cousins, who is unhappy in Sacramento

I was opposed to trading Deng but with the Granger healthy he can be our starter now

Would love to get Cousins but the Kings would be able to get a haul for him. Probably multiple picks and young NBA ready talent. Bosh would be the only thing that would move the meter for Cousins but Riles is not moving Bosh for nothing. Bosh showed true loyalty when the shhhh hit the fan.
Rich2Hassan
RealGM
And1: 5,800

Post#485 » by Rich2Hassan » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:01 pm

Panda Friend 51 wrote:
DefenseWins wrote:I think we should trade whatever we can for Cousins, who is unhappy in Sacramento

Would love to get Cousins but the Kings would be able to get a haul for him. Probably multiple picks and young NBA ready talent. Bosh would be the only thing that would move the meter for Cousins but Riles is not moving Bosh for nothing. Bosh showed true loyalty when the shhhh hit the fan.

Bosh did not show loyalty, Bosh showed loyalty to that CHECK.
Heat President of TANK operations.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#486 » by HIF » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:57 pm

Panda Friend 51 wrote:
HIF wrote:
Panda Friend 51 wrote:Hey Rex what do you think about the proposed deal I have above with the Bulls? I was doing some research and they have two 1st round picks coming up they might be willing to part with for Deng and Birdman.

A first and second round pick from the Bulls are worth very little no matter what Rexboywonder tries to tell you.

I wouldn't give Deng for that and I'd only trade Bird for a worthwhile player. Picks are so overrated and longterm.

Based off post quality I certainly value Rexboy's opinion over yours at this current juncture. Every time you see Deng included into a deal it's a bad deal. Deng is 29 with a player option that you deem him to have this imaginary value that he would bring in a Dion Jordan or something. Do you think the Heat really want to invest in a 31 year old SF with all his miles come 2016? He needs to be dealt for some young assets plain and simple. Deng is not willing us to anything this year and his window is closing fast. We would be doing Deng a solid by trading him to a contender instead of having to deal with Colemers killing his value going into his player option year.

You are allowed your opinion as much as I am. Don't get so defensive.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#487 » by HIF » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:58 pm

Panda Friend 51 wrote:

We view the Heat in vastly different ways.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
UD4MVP
Veteran
And1: 3,091

Post#488 » by UD4MVP » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:12 pm

I like how Deng has played for us, but it might be beneficial if we trade him or let him walk. We need an actual starting pg and center, Whiteside has emerged as a solid backup center but Spo is being Spo destroying Napiers career. We spent a first round pick on the guy, and if we actually invested in him as our starter then it'd be one less need off the team needs in free agency. We are still in very dangerous territories playing all these veteran mercenaries and not playing young guys while not actually winning. We are officially the 8th seed in the freaking East, one of the worst places to be in. Looking at our January schedule we may not even an actual tank..
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#489 » by MettaWorldPanda » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:21 pm

HIF wrote:
Panda Friend 51 wrote:
HIF wrote:

You are allowed your opinion as much as I am. Don't get so defensive.

Fair enough. Just a tough time for us right now. Trust in riley
dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,177

Post#490 » by dolphinatik » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:35 pm

I dont even think trading Bosh could land you Cousins. its like that
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,444

Post#491 » by RexBoyWonder » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:46 pm

dolphinatik wrote:I dont even think trading Bosh could land you Cousins. its like that

This is correct.

90% of the ideas floating around here are heavily biased towards us. A realistic deal is a deal that won't get hated on by the other team's fans.

If we had Cousins, would you have traded him for Deng + Cole?

They wouldn't consider it neither.

Considering age, salary, position and upside, Cousins has more trade value then Bosh himself. Let alone Deng + whatever.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
Heat_team02
RealGM
And1: 2,895

Post#492 » by Heat_team02 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:04 am

3rd String PG in Atlanta.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gleJ0SCdfXY[/youtube]
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#493 » by MettaWorldPanda » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:00 pm

Lets look at a possible deal with the Lakers

Miami deals

C Chris Anderson
PG Norris Cole
SF Luol Deng

To Lakers for

C/PF Jordan Hill
PG Jeremy Linn
SG Wayne Ellington

This deal solves plenty of issues for us. We get a viable big in Jordan Hill to put along side Bosh. Linn is certainly an upgrade over Cole any which way you slice it. Best of all it's low risk taking him on with his expiring deal. Ellington gives us a much needed backup SG. All these players do not mess with our cap space. For the Lakers getting Deng to put along side Kobe for his final hurrah shows they are at least trying. Deng is also reunited with former team mate Carlos Boozer. Bird man gives them a Center to hold the fort down until young bigs Sacre and Black are ready.

Lineup after deal

C Jordan Hill-Hassan Whiteside-Justin Hamilton
PF Chris Bosh-Shawne Williams-Udonis Haslem (Josh McRoberts)
SF Danny Granger-James Ennis- (DPE Player?)
SG Dwyane Wade-Wayne Ellington
PG Jeremy Linn-Mario Chalmers-Shabazz Napier
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#494 » by gom » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:26 am

Working from your idea and Clippers' current problem:

Clippers receive Austin Rivers (2 yr) from Boston
Clippers deal Reggie Bullock (3 yr) and Ekpe Udoh (1 yr) to the Lakers

Lakers receive Reggie Bullock (3 yr) & Ekpe Udoh (1 yr) from Clippers
Lakers deal Ed Davis (2 yr) and Wayne Ellington (1 yr) to Miami

Miami sends 2nd round pick 2015 to Boston
Miami sends Norris Cole (1 yr) to Boston
Miami receives Ed Davis (2 yr) and Wayne Ellington (1 yr) from Lakers

Boston sends Austin Rivers to Clippers
Boston receives 2nd round pick 2015 from Miami and Norris Cole (1 yr)

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mqxyb28

Why for Clippers:

Bullock is in his second year in the NBA. He is not a game changer for the Clippers, but he is on a rookie contract. He is averaging 10 minutes per game when he plays. Ekpe Udoh is added for salary considerations. He has played 3 minutes per game in the 18 games he has played. In short, Clippers are giving up very little here for Rivers.

Why for Lakers:

Bullock is on a 3 year contract which helps build for the future. Lakers are a long way from win-now mode. Ellington is only on a contract for this year. Ed Davis has a player option for 2015-6, so he can essentially go where he wants anyhow in the off season. Udoh is a non-factor, although he will have more time playing for the Lakers than the Clippers so it’s better for him. In short Lakers get rights to Bullock’s rookie contract for nothing. Note that Ed Davis most likely won't be playing PF for Lakers next year because Julius Randle will be back and he was drafted to be a franchise player.

Why for Miami:

Cole out of the PG rotation - despite his recent efforts which have been an improvement - gives Napier more time in the court, so it can be argued that Miami gives up little trading him. Wayne Ellington is a decent backup SG. Ed Davis would fit like a glove backing up Bosh. Miami gives up a second rounder which is their only 2015 draft pick but it’s a fair price for a chance to improve their roster temporarily.

Why for Boston:

Boston takes back Cole, an expiring contract, and gets a 2nd rounder which is what they want for Rivers.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^

Return to Miami Heat