ImageImageImage

McRoberts Out Indefinitely With Meniscus Tear; Surgery

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

Heat_Fan_87
RealGM
And1: 22,412

Re: McRoberts Out Indefinitely With Meniscus Tear; Surgery 

Post#61 » by Heat_Fan_87 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:28 pm

MartyConlonJr wrote:
Heat_Fan_87 wrote:last time we tanked we got beasley. Not sure how riley and arison feel about a tank. Tho, we don't have many other options.

Last time we tanked we were in position to draft Kevin Love or Russell Westbrook.

Not advocating a tank - but it's based on how you look at it.

Guess I'd feel better about it if our draft history was better.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,616

Post#62 » by DayofMourning » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:32 pm

UD4MVP wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:
UD4MVP wrote:You know what also is really bothering me? That Bosh called his injury, (that may sideline him for a month) a wear and tear injury.. He has been our only big guy, the miles from 4 finals and him running around in our headless chicken defense.. We are in very dangerous territory. Hopefully he recovers quick, but at this point I think we have to trade Deng for a young asset or reliable big. Even if Bosh does come back soon, I think hes in danger of getting even more hurt from the lack of size and depth in our frontcourt.

He surprised me with his openness about it. He said it in an almost matter of fact tone. Your calf muscle coming free of the bone is a big deal. If he manages to not injure it further, he will still be tentative. It will not be a good look for him. He should take it easy.

I think it's the front offices fault tbh, theres just no help for him on the boards and at the rim. He's like dirk, he's not great in those areas but is still pretty good. We need to put much less pressure on him and get some bigs.

This draft is the best opportunity to do that. We haven't had a center since our first championship. With these random injuries its almost like the basketball gods are telling us something. There are a plethora of big men just waiting to be drafted:

Karl Towns
Jahlil Okafor
Willie Cauley-Stein
Dakari Johnson
Trey Lyles
Frank Kaminsky

It's a great opportunity to create some separation from small ball and embrace post mismatches once again.
SweetTouch
RealGM
And1: 2,956

Post#63 » by SweetTouch » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:50 pm

Did he return too early

Damaged goods?
Stop being so disrespectful.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,526

Post#64 » by MettaWorldPanda » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:09 pm

Heat org saying out for the year in order to secure injured player exemption.
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,554

Post#65 » by DefenseWins » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:23 pm

If we do make a playoff run McBob could be back

UD style 2011 tho we ain't getting that far
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,554

Post#66 » by DefenseWins » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:26 pm

SweetTouch wrote:Did he return too early

Damaged goods?

He really slammed his knee in Phoenix and he looked like he couldn't walk. They said he had a right knee contusion, McBob then said it was nothing. 3 games later and no sign of him, and BOOM! Out for season. They really downplay a lot of injuries and I think they are downplaying Bosh's. I mean they said they want him to rest so the calf muscle doesn't tear from the bone... Sounds like he will be out for a few weeks...

McBob I don't think even had issues besides that one year with the hornets. It's just our luck...
Tony15
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,839

Post#67 » by Tony15 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:28 pm

Pat needs to continue to see the big picture, and not get too impatient. It's not like this was a contending year anyway, so I say get the best out of what we have and swing big in 2016.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,129

Post#68 » by twix2500 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:29 pm

DefenseWins wrote:If we do make a playoff run McBob could be back

UD style 2011 tho we ain't getting that far

Sorry Im very disappointed he out for the season and we never got to see if he could find a niche with this team and system this year (even thou i never felt he fit this team at all). But to expect him to do what Haslem did is unrealistic. McBob has never made that much of impact with the Heat to expect him to do so after tearing his knee. And im really annoyed now that his trade value is zilch...
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,129

Post#69 » by twix2500 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:39 pm

DefenseWins wrote:
SweetTouch wrote:Did he return too early

Damaged goods?

He really slammed his knee in Phoenix and he looked like he couldn't walk. They said he had a right knee contusion, McBob then said it was nothing. 3 games later and no sign of him, and BOOM! Out for season. They really downplay a lot of injuries and I think they are downplaying Bosh's. I mean they said they want him to rest so the calf muscle doesn't tear from the bone... Sounds like he will be out for a few weeks...

McBob I don't think even had issues besides that one year with the hornets. It's just our luck...

Honestly it takes time for them after the swelling goes down to see the injury, unless it very noticeable.
I tore something in my knee and he ortho pedics could not see it, because everything was lined up as if everything was attached in the MRI. It wasnt till he actually went in side to see from a different angle.

I was having a feeling McBob was going to get hurt, because he was noticably getting frustrated and anxious to make plays. And thats what exactly what happened when you jump on the floor and hurt his knee. Going after a ball he knew dam well had no business going after.
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,450

Post#70 » by gom » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:55 pm

Heat_Fan_87 wrote:
MartyConlonJr wrote:
Heat_Fan_87 wrote:last time we tanked we got beasley. Not sure how riley and arison feel about a tank. Tho, we don't have many other options.

Last time we tanked we were in position to draft Kevin Love or Russell Westbrook.

Not advocating a tank - but it's based on how you look at it.

Guess I'd feel better about it if our draft history was better.

Over the long term it's *everybody's* draft history that sucks. There are just too many variables in the development of a basketball player.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
BIRDMAN BIRDMAN
Head Coach
And1: 2,350

Post#71 » by BIRDMAN BIRDMAN » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:36 am

I wake up to news like these. Ugh.
:hug:
PaulieWal
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,148

Post#72 » by PaulieWal » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:42 am

I have been in a meh mood the last couple of days and now this s***. :nonono: :nonono:
JordansBulls wrote:The Warriors are basically a good college team until they meet a team with bigs in the NBA.
dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,126

Post#73 » by dolphinatik » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:50 am

I dont really know if our draft history is bad. Riley is notorious for not developing young talent. He prefers veterans and does not have the patience to watch young players go through growing pains. Who knows what it would be like if Heat had more patience in integrating youth.
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
ndnow
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,010

Post#74 » by ndnow » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:11 am

Heat are tanking it's pretty obvious.
PaulieWal
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,148

Post#75 » by PaulieWal » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:25 am

ndnow wrote:Heat are tanking it's pretty obvious.

I don't even know what you do now. With all these injuries it makes sense to tank but the East is so bad. You could make the playoffs with a below .500 record.

McBob out
Bosh out for a while
Wade is on and off

Not sure where you even go from here.
JordansBulls wrote:The Warriors are basically a good college team until they meet a team with bigs in the NBA.
ndnow
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,010

Post#76 » by ndnow » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:40 am

PaulieWal wrote:

I don't even know what you do now. With all these injuries it makes sense to tank but the East is so bad. You could make the playoffs with a below .500 record.

McBob out
Bosh out for a while
Wade is on and off

They sent whiteside and napier down to dleague, I think they made the decision awhile ago.
twozeroMM
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,715

Post#77 » by twozeroMM » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:43 am

ndnow wrote:
PaulieWal wrote:

McBob out
Bosh out for a while
Wade is on and off

They sent whiteside and napier down to dleague, I think they made the decision awhile ago.

They just got recalled, so I think they'll just let the youngins get some serious pt.
Aussie Heat Fan
Senior
And1: 545

Post#78 » by Aussie Heat Fan » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:55 am

PaulieWal wrote:

McBob out
Bosh out for a while
Wade is on and off

Wade will be playing by himself for the foreseeable future. We will barely win a game with him copping double teams all game.
RJM
General Manager
And1: 2,266

Post#79 » by RJM » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:32 am

I think you meant to say the #2 pick, which is always a huge asset in any year.

DayofMourning wrote:
UD4MVP wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:
He surprised me with his openness about it. He said it in an almost matter of fact tone. Your calf muscle coming free of the bone is a big deal. If he manages to not injure it further, he will still be tentative. It will not be a good look for him. He should take it easy.

I think it's the front offices fault tbh, theres just no help for him on the boards and at the rim. He's like dirk, he's not great in those areas but is still pretty good. We need to put much less pressure on him and get some bigs.

This draft is the best opportunity to do that. We haven't had a center since our first championship. With these random injuries its almost like the basketball gods are telling us something. There are a plethora of big men just waiting to be drafted:

Karl Towns
Jahlil Okafor
Willie Cauley-Stein
Dakari Johnson
Trey Lyles
Frank Kaminsky

It's a great opportunity to create some separation from small ball and embrace post mismatches once again.

Case in point. Now, I don't advocate something as disrespectful to the game as what the Sixers are doing, but if losing is inevitable this season, let's go down as a team that competed but just wasn't good enough. Jahlil Okafor would be a godsend to this franchise after LeBron's departure. Having an aging Wade, still-effective Bosh and a young franchise center like Okafor would make it even easier to bring in a talented guard-forward combo.

Disclaimer: For all of you watching from elsewhere, this is merely a silly hypo based off of what could happen if Miami's season bottoms out in the best way possible, so don't go thinking Miami's planning to tank.

Thinking from a long-term perspective, Miami would (if successful in winning the Okafor sweepstakes) only really need more wings and added size/defense on the bench.

PG: Shabazz Napier - FA - FA
SG: Dwyane Wade - Mario Chalmers - Andre Dawkins
SF: Luol Deng - James Ennis - FA
PF: Chris Bosh - FA - Justin Hamilton
C: Jahlil Okafor - Hassan Whiteside - FA

I trust Riley's abilities to build a team, especially with a power rotation secured. Guards will inevitably free up as we get closer to 2016, and with Wade aging, guys will be intrigued by the idea of joining a serious contender with the chance to build on a legacy of great guard play in Miami. It will assist the pitch.

Nicolas Batum, Joe Johnson, Wilson Chandler, George Hill, Courtney Lee, O.J. Mayo, Ryan Anderson, James Johnson, Nene, Eric Gordon, and yes, LeBron James are all scheduled to be free agents that summer. All of them could help this team return to the NBA Finals with a Wade-Bosh-Okafor core.
Amorphous Blob
RealGM
And1: 4,198

Post#80 » by Amorphous Blob » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:35 am

This season is depressing.

Return to Miami Heat