ImageImageImage

Will you join the Tank ride of 2014-2015? **POLL**

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

Should we tank this year, try to lose as much as possible and get the highest pick possible?

Yes, the timing is right, it's the smart logical move.
44%
No, We can still be a good team this year, try trading for somebody.
22%
No, we won't be good this year but tanking is beneath us as a franchise.
34%

Total votes: 96

G.cracker
Head Coach
And1: 958

Re: Will you join the Tank ride of 2014-2015? **POLL** 

Post#301 » by G.cracker » Sat Feb 7, 2015 4:06 pm

Can we drop the dead weight now? If after the trade deadline, Riley hasn't pulled off any 2 for 1 type deals, why would we keep J Ham or Shawne? I'd much prefer we try out Birch and Drew.
I'm like Global Warming, you can't ignore me.
Mars
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,174

Post#302 » by Mars » Sat Feb 7, 2015 4:16 pm

Spoelstra committed to dual Heat realities: playoffs, player development

Ira Winderman | Sun Sentinel
February 7, 2015

MIAMI — The debate to this point of this most uneven of Miami Heat seasons has been an either/or proposition: lottery or playoffs.

But in recent days, even as the Heat have tumbled to 21-29, coach Erik Spoelstra sees an opportunity for his team to live a different dual reality: player development and a playoff push.

"I think Heat fans see some of the optimism we have," he said before giving his players Saturday off in advance of Monday's game against the New York Knicks at AmericanAirlines Arena. "We have a very talented, ambitious, young group of players, and when we get fully healthy with our veterans, it's a very nice balance between youth and veteran. We just need to put it together. Hopefully we'll get healthy and we'll get back to work on Monday.

"I still see great hope and optimism with this team. But we do need to put together a better result and the next focus will be New York."

"I am invigorated by this challenge," he said. "I like this team. I like the potential of the team. And I really do enjoy coming to work every day and trying to figure it out. I think the guys feel the same way.

"I mean, once you get past the emotion and frustration of some of these losses, guys, they have a great worth ethic and mindset about it, and our young guys are getting better."

"I like the veteran leadership our guys have provided," he said. "And this is about as exciting a young group we've had in the Miami Heat for a long time.

"Now, that isn't translating into results right now. But everybody can see the potential of our young group, and they're getting great opportunities to play, for something, for the playoffs, with our veteran core."

What Spoelstra won't accept is a woe-is-we approach, that injuries, adjustments, alterations have robbed his team's season of hope.

"If you've been around this league long enough, you see how quickly things can change in a month," Spoelstra said. "You don't have to look any further than the Eastern Conference, how the standings have changed in a month, how the momentum has changed, and it only took less than three weeks, from bottom to top. Some of the teams that were down in the bottom, now, all of a sudden, are in the playoff picture and some of the guys at the top, that has changed in a month."

"Don't feel sorry for me, come on. And don't feel sorry for us," he said. "We are in an unbelievable profession where we have a chance to fight for a playoff spot. And against all the different rotations and injuries, we still have an opportunity. Things can change very quickly."

Link
GUTS™
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Re: 

Post#303 » by gom » Sat Feb 7, 2015 4:21 pm

laploutocratie wrote:How are you guys adding a stud if you're picking so late though? The Heat won't be nearly bad enough for a bottom feeder record.

Sent from my SM-G900V using RealGM Forums mobile app

Please don't blind us with logic.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,432

Post#304 » by RexBoyWonder » Sat Feb 7, 2015 4:28 pm

Philly, Knicks, Lakers, Wolves. Those 4 are the only teams that we can't get below of.

A couple of bad Wade-less weeks and we're right there at #5-6.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#305 » by HIF » Sat Feb 7, 2015 5:18 pm

We couldn't add a stud with a second pick. People are far too optimistic with our potential pick.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,554

Post#306 » by DefenseWins » Sat Feb 7, 2015 5:31 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:Philly, Knicks, Lakers, Wolves. Those 4 are the only teams that we can't get below of.

A couple of bad Wade-less weeks and we're right there at #5-6.

Even getting Wade doesn't guarantee anything

We have to have Deng, Wade, Whiteside, Bosh together to all win games. Or try to...
Sign5
Head Coach
And1: 9,664

Post#307 » by Sign5 » Sat Feb 7, 2015 5:31 pm

Pressed the lottery game just for the lulz, and this was the result (first try)

DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,554

Post#308 » by DefenseWins » Sat Feb 7, 2015 5:34 pm

UD4MVP wrote:so we're the 12th worst team ATM, and 2.5 games away from guaranteeing the pick (being 8th worst keeps it.) Riley may have too much pride to tank, and I would probably not go for it either, but we have to do a **** move unless we wanna end up with the same damn team next year.

Too much pride to tank yet the team tanks without really tanking. If pat doesn't make a move, even if it's straight up cutting the dead weight, he is basically tanking
JLop
Analyst
And1: 7,833

Post#309 » by JLop » Sat Feb 7, 2015 6:37 pm

UD4MVP
Veteran
And1: 3,091

Post#310 » by UD4MVP » Sat Feb 7, 2015 7:03 pm

I'm watching stuff on this D'angelo Russell kid and man he is very impressive. Hard to believe he's 19, he has an elite stroke and his passing is just insane, and he's 6'5.. The two kids I really like are Stanley Johnson and Russell
JLop
Analyst

Post#311 » by JLop » Sat Feb 7, 2015 7:44 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wat1AxP0BhY[/youtube]

Emmanuel Mudiay 2014-15 International Preseason Scouting Video

I would like to see Emmanuel Mudiay in a Heat uniform. A 6' 5" point guard (Weight: 200 lbs, Wingspan: 6' 8.5") and future candidate for MVP in this league. Going back to December, Emmanuel was my first pick.
RexBoyWonder
RealGM

Post#312 » by RexBoyWonder » Sat Feb 7, 2015 7:58 pm

Like I said way back, Mudiay is a slightly smaller and a less talented Wade, If Wade was developed into a pure PG.
JLop
Analyst

Post#313 » by JLop » Sat Feb 7, 2015 8:06 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:Like I said way back, Mudiay is a slightly smaller and a less talented Wade, If Wade was developed into a pure PG.

Who will be your pick?
RexBoyWonder
RealGM

Post#314 » by RexBoyWonder » Sat Feb 7, 2015 8:19 pm

JLop wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:Like I said way back, Mudiay is a slightly smaller and a less talented Wade, If Wade was developed into a pure PG.

Who will be your pick?

Not an easy pick, but considering our roster needs it will have to be Mudiay or D'angelo Russell.

Since we got Whiteside on board, I think we should go into "win now" mode next year when everyone is healthy, and after we'll fix the roster issues. So I give the edge to Russell. He's more developed, more ready to be a starting NBA PG. High IQ, outside shot is ready, his game is balanced. he'll be good day from 1. Mudiay might become the better player down the road, but he's the bigger risk at this point and he'll need some patience. Russell will be rookie of the year, that's what we need now.
UD4MVP
Veteran

Post#315 » by UD4MVP » Sat Feb 7, 2015 8:25 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:
JLop wrote:

Who will be your pick?

Not an easy pick, but considering our roster needs it will have to be Mudiay or D'angelo Russell.

Since we got Whiteside on board, I think we should go into "win now" mode next year when everyone is healthy, and after we'll fix the roster issues. So I give the edge to Russell. He's more developed, more ready to be a starting NBA PG. High IQ, outside shot is ready, his game is balanced. he'll be good day from 1. Mudiay might become the better player down the road, but he's the bigger risk at this point and he'll need some patience. Russell will be rookie of the year, that's what we need now.

D'angelo would find Whiteside and and drive and dish to Bosh literally all the time..and his sweet J and good size makes him a good complement to Wade. He's projected really high though, we're gonna need some post Lebron sympathy with the lotto balls if we do indeed end up keeping the pick
UD4MVP
Veteran

Post#316 » by UD4MVP » Sat Feb 7, 2015 8:34 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsPjli0YMsY[/youtube]
There's a bunch of times this season where he would make insanely great passes but his teammates either blew the easy shot or had bad awareness
Sign5
Head Coach
And1: 9,664

Post#317 » by Sign5 » Sat Feb 7, 2015 8:34 pm

Yea, assuming Heat continue to fall with Wade out then, the most I can see them falling is to 5-7th. We would really need that Chicago hometown/LeBron gone sympathy 'luck' to land a top 2-3 pick.

There's now reports that Russell could go first overall so we definitely need need a top 3 pick to nab one of the stud PGs.
JLop
Analyst

Post#318 » by JLop » Sat Feb 7, 2015 8:40 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:
JLop wrote:

Who will be your pick?

D'angelo Russell is very smart and the kid can really shoot [.446 on 3P% (66-148 on 3PM-3PA) and .787 on FT%]. He is a 6' 5" combo guard (good choice to pair next to Wade). I would like to see him adding a few pounds of muscles to his body. On the other hand, Emmanuel Mudiay has more potential to become a star in this league. There isn't much to say. I am really sold on those two kids (Russell and Mudiay).
RexBoyWonder
RealGM

Post#319 » by RexBoyWonder » Sat Feb 7, 2015 8:44 pm

UD4MVP wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:
JLop wrote:
Who will be your pick?

D'angelo would find Whiteside and and drive and dish to Bosh literally all the time..and his sweet J and good size makes him a good complement to Wade. He's projected really high though, we're gonna need some post Lebron sympathy with the lotto balls if we do indeed end up keeping the pick

Hoping him and Mudiay drop a little, the league is loaded with good PG's, deepest position by far. This draft has a lot of Centers/PF's, teams like the Wolves (loaded at the guard positions) and Lakers (thinking it's easier to find a PG in free agency) might go big. Also a little luck never hurt..
smartcane
Junior
And1: 259

Post#320 » by smartcane » Sat Feb 7, 2015 8:59 pm

I don't think we own our pick this year and Beasley should have thought us a high pick doesn't mean good talent !

Return to Miami Heat