ImageImageImage

Shabazz Napier?

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

Paz
Analyst
And1: 3,862

Shabazz Napier? 

Post#1 » by Paz » Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:34 am

What is going on with Spo not playing the guy? I was under the impression that he was supposed to get minutes but he is rotting on the bench... I'm completely clueless as to the reason he has been iced. Does anyone have any insights on his situation?
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,178

Re: Shabazz Napier? 

Post#2 » by Heat3 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:39 am

just spo trying to break his spirit.
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,812

Post#3 » by KingDavid » Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:42 am

Probably from bad man defense. Or not used to our defensive system (we're trapping less btw).

Not like our point guards are that much better at it...But that's the only feasible reason I could come up with.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
Paz
Analyst

Post#4 » by Paz » Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:43 am

Heat3 wrote:just spo trying to break his spirit.

What? That makes 0 sense. Why would you want to break the spirit of your future PG. Spoelstra needs to be stopped! So there isn't any injury or suspension? He is not playing him, just because? Good lord... what kind of logic is that? Our Pg's put up 5 of 20 tonight and Connley did literally whatever he wanted to do. I'm so over Spo and his shenanigans.
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,554

Post#5 » by DefenseWins » Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:45 am

KingDavid wrote:Probably from bad man defense. Or not used to our defensive system (we're trapping less btw).

Not like our point guards are that much better at it...But that's the only feasible reason I could come up with.

he was apart of the rotation though... seriously its not like he never played, he was even playing in the 4th quarter at one point.

this dude was doing fine, we finally had someone who was scoring off the bench, knocking down 3's just like how other back up PGs do against us...

as soon as he gets into a rut, he is banished. yet Cole and Wario has so much free reign and they are shooting worse than Napier...

bad defense? man Cole and Rio got owned today. One thing about Cole and Rio, they CANNOT make up the difference. If they cant guard someone, they cant atleast match point for point... they are just a net negative.

Rio is getting 40 minutes a night now, Spo is trying so hard not to play Napier lol. Napier can also run the point, Rio and Cole CANT. AT ALL...
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#6 » by KingDavid » Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:49 am

I guess someone is going to have to ask Ira and CLEthan Skolnik lols.
#HEATLifer

Paz
Analyst

Post#7 » by Paz » Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:50 am

KingDavid wrote:Probably from bad man defense. Or not used to our defensive system (we're trapping less btw).

He needs to play in order to get better. He isn't doing jack **** in terms of upping his defensive skills from the bench. I hope that he gets reinserted into the lineup becuase as of now, the only guards we are playing are 3/15/30. That's it. 3 guards for 2 positions... the entire game. It's ludicrous.
Paz
Analyst

Post#8 » by Paz » Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:51 am

DefenseWins wrote:

he was apart of the rotation though... seriously its not like he never played, he was even playing in the 4th quarter at one point.

this dude was doing fine, we finally had someone who was scoring off the bench, knocking down 3's just like how other back up PGs do against us...

as soon as he gets into a rut, he is banished. yet Cole and Wario has so much free reign and they are shooting worse than Napier...

bad defense? man Cole and Rio got owned today. One thing about Cole and Rio, they CANNOT make up the difference. If they cant guard someone, they cant atleast match point for point... they are just a net negative.

Rio is getting 40 minutes a night now, Spo is trying so hard not to play Napier lol. Napier can also run the point, Rio and Cole CANT. AT ALL...

Spot on. I agree 100%.
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by DefenseWins » Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:58 am

KingDavid wrote:I guess someone is going to have to ask Ira and CLEthan Skolnik lols.

Ira actually mentions it like everytime Napier doesn't play

he asked Spo and Spo just said he isn't banished and that he will get his opportunity again

cited how the same thing happened with Ennis, like how Ennis got minimal minutes, then had that break out game against Boston

in other words, Napier is out of the rotation and when the opportunity comes, he'll play...

Rio-Cole will basically have to get lost in the Sahara desert for Napier to play.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#10 » by KingDavid » Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:05 am

DefenseWins wrote:
KingDavid wrote:I guess someone is going to have to ask Ira and CLEthan Skolnik lols.

he asked Spo and Spo just said he isn't banished and that he will get his opportunity again

cited how the same thing happened with Ennis, like how Ennis got minimal minutes, then had that break out game against Boston

in other words, Napier is out of the rotation and when the opportunity comes, he'll play...

Rio-Cole will basically have to get lost in the Sahara desert for Napier to play.

He has to divide those minutes and stick with whatever hot hand is on during that game. Overplaying players that suck is senseless. They get worse as time wears on. He has five guards. There's no real excuse to be running three of them into the ground.
#HEATLifer

SlowPaced
RealGM
And1: 17,487

Post#11 » by SlowPaced » Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:16 am

I thought he should've been moved to the starting lineup. Thanks to Spo, he went the exact opposite way in the rotation.
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by DefenseWins » Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:38 am

KingDavid wrote:
DefenseWins wrote:

He has to divide those minutes and stick with whatever hot hand is on during that game. Overplaying players that suck is senseless. They get worse as time wears on. He has five guards. There's no real excuse to be running three of them into the ground.

This is the same guy that played Bibby over Rio back when Rio was actually the better guy. Over played Lewis, would play Haslem at Center still, played Joel 30 minutes when he gave nothing offensively. He thinks playing Rio-Cole despite them producing nothing is good, cause of their "defense"... despite getting lit up. BENO UDRIH LIT UP COLE! lmao.
Bourne85
General Manager
And1: 9,062

Post#13 » by Bourne85 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:58 am

Idk but might as well send him to the D league. He isn't getting better on the bench.
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#14 » by goodboy » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:11 am

donate to the cause, see sig.

One day it will come true.
Bright
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by DefenseWins » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:14 am

Shabazz in November 7 PPG 46%, 3 point shooting was 41%

it was his best month, gets in a rut while still shooting well from 3 and is locked away

you know whats funny? Cole averages just about that what Napier did in November for the year on WAY worse shooting from the field and from 3. AND with 30-40 minutes of play... Napier does that with less time.
JLop
Analyst
And1: 7,833

Post#16 » by JLop » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:13 am

This is a small fragment from the blog of Ira Winderman:

"The exception can be spent between now and March 10, but this appears to be a sooner-rather-than-later situation. Then again, if the Heat can stabilize their situation, it would give them a card they could use down the road (say if they trade one of their point guards and choose to use it on a point guard, instead)."

This is another fragment from the blog of Ira Winderman:

"The Heat's guard play beyond Dwyane Wade on Saturday night was atrocious. I don't know if Shabazz Napier is the answer, but someone who can make a shot and make a play would be."
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,432

Post#17 » by RexBoyWonder » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:38 am

All I know is im DONE with Rio and Cole, 2 inconsistent role players, below average talents, that has gotten X10 the minutes they deserved over the years.

Get these 2 out and start fresh. Napier or otherwise.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
Mugiwara
Starter
And1: 2,692

Post#18 » by Mugiwara » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:45 am

I can live with Rio coming from the bench.
But Cole is just awful to watch.. Please someone end this madness.

2016 will arrive, and it'd be great if we develop Ennis, Napier because those guys will be here.
Not the Granger's, Cole's of this life.
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by DefenseWins » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:54 pm

29% from 3 for Rio, 25% from 3 for Cole

that's who our corner 3's go to guys, our pull up 3's

Teams aren't stupid, they know to let the ball stick in their hands and let them do something. It kills our offense, especially on a night everyone else shot well.

Though good news, Rio+Cole work for Isaiah thomas lol. doubt Heat do that though. I'd love to ship those 2 off. Rio also is known for showing up big but he actually sucked ass against the Cavs.

Maybe he's a in a rut too, but he gets EVEN MORE minutes, unlike Shabazz. Its unfair. Shabazz gets in a rut and disappears.
Lord Hades
RealGM
And1: 7,281

Post#20 » by Lord Hades » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:34 pm

Napier's banishment is especially frustrating because he's really the only PG with any clue how to run the offense. He's going to have some mistakes, but the hope would be that he learns and progresses. It's not like Colemers isn't mistake-prone... heavily.

I'll put this back up:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/EthanJSkolnick/status/548275194805354496[/tweet]
"We've proven that we can do it and we'll do it again."

Return to Miami Heat