ImageImageImage

1/11 - Heat @

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Re: 1/11 - Heat @ 

Post#1121 » by IggieCC » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:20 am

JLop wrote:
IggieCC wrote:
JLop wrote:
Now that you mention it, the Oklahoma City Thunder have an excellent eye for guards: Russell Westbrook, Reggie Jackson, Eric Bledsoe, etc...

I would add James Harden to that amazing list.. not that he is that great of a SG 8-)

Problem solved. :D

What we need is OKC scout people. Who needs high picks/tanking if you can find Reggie Jackson, Eric Bledsoe and Ibaka in mid-late 1st round?
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,969

Post#1122 » by DayofMourning » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:25 am

Reggie Jackson is not getting the max. He is not an efficient player. He is better than the turds we have but not some near elite talent that some are talking him up to be.
Rock Hardy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,868

Post#1123 » by Rock Hardy » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:29 am

DayofMourning wrote:Reggie Jackson is not getting the max. He is not an efficient player. He is better than the turds we have but not some near elite talent that some are talking him up to be.

PG is becoming an overvalued position, he can score and run an offense, which is also at a premium, and he's capable of decent defense. He'll get a max deal. Lakers would probably offer him that. There are a number of teams thirsty for a proven PG. He's becoming a FA at a good time. I'd make an avatar bet on him getting the max. I think you overestimate GMs. They are notoriously careless with max contracts.
radikalBaller
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,324

Post#1124 » by radikalBaller » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:32 am

Now if we can add Crowder to the deal to backup Wade we are set :

Nelson - Napier - Cole
Wade - Crowder - Chalmers
Deng - Ennis - Granger or Williams (Whoever you want to keep)
Bosh - Blatch - McRoberts
Whiteside - Andersen - UD
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1125 » by DayofMourning » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:33 am

Rock Hardy wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:Reggie Jackson is not getting the max. He is not an efficient player. He is better than the turds we have but not some near elite talent that some are talking him up to be.

PG is becoming an overvalued position, he can score and run an offense, which is also at a premium, and he's capable of decent defense. He'll get a max deal. Lakers would probably offer him that. There are a number of teams thirsty for a proven PG. He's becoming a FA at a good time. I'd make an avatar bet on him getting the max. I think you overestimate GMs. They are notoriously careless with max contracts.

Haha:) Let's up the ante. If he gets the max I will never post here again. If he doesn't then you have to change your screen name to DOM's Son.
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,554

Post#1126 » by DefenseWins » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:33 am

you dont have to be a max player to get the max

joe johnson says so

someone will throw him the max and I hope to god its not us, despite us wanting to draft him first before Cole awhile back lol
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1127 » by DefenseWins » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:34 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/WallaceNBA_ESPN/status/554401332141236224[/tweet]

dis too hype bruh
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,291

Post#1128 » by goodboy » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:34 am

Reggie Jackson is NOT getting the max...
Bright
Rock Hardy
Sixth Man

Post#1129 » by Rock Hardy » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:35 am

DayofMourning wrote:
Rock Hardy wrote:

Haha:) Let's up the ante. If he gets the max I will never post here again. If he doesn't then you have to change your screen name to DOM's Son.

Strong wager, but I'll keep it at an avatar. LOL.
Slot Machine
Head Coach
And1: 4,558

Post#1130 » by Slot Machine » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:35 am

DefenseWins wrote:

joe johnson says so

someone will throw him the max and I hope to god its not us, despite us wanting to draft him first before Cole awhile back lol

Well, Joe's max is different than the max Reggie is eligible for.

I would be really surprised if Reggie got the max, don't think he's deserving of it at all. 4/40 is probably appropriate.
The Bunk wrote:God I hate this fraudulent clown.

I've never wanted to punch someone in the face so badly. Really hoping to run into him at a game one day. I won't hesitate.
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1131 » by IggieCC » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:37 am

DefenseWins wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/WallaceNBA_ESPN/status/554401332141236224[/tweet]

dis too hype bruh

Way to jinx rookie's healthy development stupid reporters!
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,291

Post#1132 » by goodboy » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:37 am

DefenseWins wrote:

joe johnson says so

That Joe deal was bad, but Joe still is somewhat proven to be a good player, I haven't even heard of Reggie till this season. He had some few games with an impressive stint ala Lin-type and that's that.
Bright
Rock Hardy
Sixth Man

Post#1133 » by Rock Hardy » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:42 am

Slot Machine wrote:
DefenseWins wrote:

joe johnson says so

Well, Joe's max is different than the max Reggie is eligible for.

I would be really surprised if Reggie got the max, don't think he's deserving of it at all. 4/40 is probably appropriate.

That's not realistic IMO. Lin is making 15M iirc. Reggie is a much better PG than him. 4/40 isn't getting him signed. You have to look at the market and see what other guys are making that he is comparable to. Then, you have to increase that by 50% or so for the new TV money. I'm gonna guess 4/60 is not out of the realm of possibility. Rubio makes 14M as well. I'm thinking your estimate is very low.
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1134 » by IggieCC » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:43 am

By the way while some posters are looking for a decent PF or totally imagining things, could this guy have had for a min or he didn't clear waiver and wasn't available to us?
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChPOb-tcitQ[/youtube]
I really wanted him. He could have been a solid PF behind Bosh or even a backup center for Whiteside. :(
Rock Hardy
Sixth Man

Post#1135 » by Rock Hardy » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:46 am

HeatWillRise wrote:
DefenseWins wrote:

joe johnson says so

That Joe deal was bad, but Joe still is somewhat proven to be a good player, I haven't even heard of Reggie till this season. He had some few games with an impressive stint ala Lin-type and that's that.

You haven't watched much OKC then. His breakout season was probably two years ago. Last year he developed consistency. This year, he had a great start to the season. He's become more erratic with the return of Russ and Kevin, and the reduced touches. He wants to get his own team. He'll get paid for sure. This season isn't all he's done.
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1136 » by DefenseWins » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:48 am

HeatWillRise wrote:
DefenseWins wrote:

joe johnson says so

you really never heard of Jackson? he has been good for the THunder but now he is being an ahole

the Heat tried to draft him than OKC cock blocked us lmao...

he has been their back up PG and I think he scored like 30 points in the WCF last year, thats when people really took notice. He did fine in the playoffs I think when Westbrook went down
Slot Machine
Head Coach

Post#1137 » by Slot Machine » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:49 am

Rock Hardy wrote:That's not realistic IMO. Lin is making 15M iirc. Reggie is a much better PG than him. 4/40 isn't getting him signed. You have to look at the market and see what other guys are making that he is comparable to. Then, you have to increase that by 50% or so for the new TV money. I'm gonna guess 4/60 is not out of the realm of possibility. Rubio makes 14M as well. I'm thinking your estimate is very low.

Lin's deal isn't a good barometer since it was a fairly bizarre 5/5/15 deal. He didn't get the max or anything like that.

Reggie is averaging 15 a game on 42/28 shooting (50% TS). He's not a good playmaker and he has poor efficiency despite playing with two top 5 players. He's been pressing this year for a max deal and been incredibly selfish in doing so. He's basically a scoring PG that's shown a tendency to ballhog at times and isn't even good at scoring. I would be shocked if he got a max deal.

Rubio got way overpaid as well but it's a bit of a different situation since it was an extension. Teams don't like to go after RFAs quite as much because it ties up their money for a few days in which other players can go off the market. I'll make a bet with you just like DoM. If he gets a max, I change my username to whatever you want, if he doesn't, I choose yours.

If you asked me right now, I think he gets signed-and-traded for a 4/44 deal. Slight overpay but not too bad.

I've never wanted to punch someone in the face so badly. Really hoping to run into him at a game one day. I won't hesitate.
Slot Machine
Head Coach

Post#1138 » by Slot Machine » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:50 am

You guys need to keep in mind that Jackson has never been efficient, even on low volume. He's a bad three point shooter and doesn't draw fouls. Considering his niche is as a scoring PG, that's pretty concerning.

DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1139 » by DayofMourning » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:51 am

DefenseWins wrote:

joe johnson says so

How can you rate a 4 time all star (at the time of his max contract signing) to Reggie Jax?
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1140 » by DefenseWins » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:52 am

heh forgot Jackson's max wont be high or anything but I still wouldnt pay a bunch of money for him when we can develop Napier, who is CHEAP for 4 years right now.

Jackson didnt break out until he got the playing time and the opportunity when Westbrook had injuries. Jackson was good all along but needed the shots lol

Return to Miami Heat