ImageImageImage

Wade NOT a Starter for all-star game

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

heat4life
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 6,258

Re: Wade NOT a Starter for all-star game 

Post#41 » by heat4life » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:58 pm

I don't see Bosh making it in now. Atlanta has the best record in the East and had not starters voted in. The coaches are not going to use 2 out of 7 reserve spots on Heat players. Wade makes it but I'll be shocked if Bosh does as well (although he deserves it).
ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP
Bourne85
General Manager
And1: 8,997

Post#42 » by Bourne85 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:37 pm

Not like they deserve it. I hope neither get picked by coaches either. Absolutely no reason to be this bad in the east with this team.
jonazzz
Junior
And1: 542

Post#43 » by jonazzz » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:08 am

Raptors fan coming in peace. I am a huge Bosh fan,and it will be weird/sad if he doesn't make it as a reserve! But he is still an all star no matter what if he makes it or not.
Shewasfly
Head Coach
And1: 11,432

Post#44 » by Shewasfly » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:21 am

Not surprised to be honest. While the Heat really has a great fanbase we've never really been a "player" fan base who will support a player no matter what. It kind of happened with LeBron (which I find to be incredibly disappointing because he did not put in enough years to deserve the type of loyalty some of you showed him in regards to support), but its never really been the case with Wade despite how many years work he's put in. Our fanaticism is much more team based, so there's no doubt that since the team sucked this year he wasn't going to get as much support.
:tiredJB:
HEAT111
Veteran
And1: 1,803

Post#45 » by HEAT111 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:28 am

heat4life wrote:I don't see Bosh making it in now. Atlanta has the best record in the East and had not starters voted in. The coaches are not going to use 2 out of 7 reserve spots on Heat players. Wade makes it but I'll be shocked if Bosh does as well (although he deserves it).

I think its possible. What is it, 4 more guards and 6 more forwards/center?
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,008

Post#46 » by DayofMourning » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:38 am

Atlanta area radio people think Bosh and Wade are shoe ins. I'd say give the Hawks their due and give them Teague and Horford/Milsap over our two. Kobe's continued run serves as a good example that numbers and accomplishments can be undeserved. Let guys who're playing the best ball get the accolades.
DWadeno3
RealGM
And1: 2,941

Post#47 » by DWadeno3 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:08 am

Shewasfly wrote:Not surprised to be honest. While the Heat really has a great fanbase we've never really been a "player" fan base who will support a player no matter what. It kind of happened with LeBron (which I find to be incredibly disappointing because he did not put in enough years to deserve the type of loyalty some of you showed him in regards to support), but its never really been the case with Wade despite how many years work he's put in. Our fanaticism is much more team based, so there's no doubt that since the team sucked this year he wasn't going to get as much support.

I disagree. The actual Heat fans still support Wade a lot, you can hear it in the arena because even in the LeBron years, Wade was sometimes cheered on the most. The problem is, the Heat fanbase has grown during the LeBron era with a lot of fair-weather and LeBron fans, and they don't appreciate a lot of things in Miami, Wade being one of them. On one hand it's good that our fanbase has grown but on the other, a large part of the reason we don't receive any respect as a fanbase is due to the newly added ones.

#HeatLifer

Return to Miami Heat