ImageImageImage

Official Miami Heat 2014-2015 Season - Regular Season 2.0 - GOATSIDE

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

Seabass777
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,723

Re: Official Miami Heat 2014-2015 Season - Regular Season 2.0 - GOATSIDE 

Post#1901 » by Seabass777 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:02 pm

heat4life wrote:I don't think Beasley, Walker or Ennis are a sure thing for next season. Miami will definitely seek for a swingman who can shoot with their MLE this summer and I can also see them adding another big behind Birdman. There are no safe spots at the end of the roster.

Doesn't Beasley have a team option for next season though?,But then again it can still be at risk for being waived I guess.
"Til the last second...Til the last man... We Fight! We Fight! We Fight!"-Together We Rise. #HEATLifer...
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 78,761

Post#1902 » by QUIZ » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:09 pm

Seabass777 wrote:
heat4life wrote:I don't think Beasley, Walker or Ennis are a sure thing for next season. Miami will definitely seek for a swingman who can shoot with their MLE this summer and I can also see them adding another big behind Birdman. There are no safe spots at the end of the roster.

Doesn't Beasley have a team option for next season though?,But then again it can still be at risk for being waived I guess.

The Heat have a team option meaning they can get rid of him or Walker if they want.
Don’t let us get one. — Nikola Jovic

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
Dmcdani6
Analyst
And1: 5,292

Post#1903 » by Dmcdani6 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:22 pm

greg4012 wrote:
Dmcdani6 wrote:I guess we all see now the glaring hole is more C than anything. Even at PF I think we would be fine. Also, we probably wouldnt be complaining as much cause if we had a full squad cause Bosh and McRob wouldve been out there. I'm sticking with my guns though in thinking that we do need to replace Birdman and UD. is UD going to retire after this season? I didn't think so, but was checking. Also, I'm assuming Bird is playing thru his contract??

Everyone's eagerness to throw birdman in the garbage is really irritating. We were literally down to one actual big man able to play at times yesterday, and it was one who wasn't even supposed to be on the 2-deep on this roster (Haslem).

Are you all telling me that with the below personnel that Birdman isn't a great backup center for next season?

Bosh / McRoberts
Whiteside / Birdman

Between Bosh, McRoberts and Whiteside, that's already 3 players each worthy of playing 30+ minutes per game. One of them being exclusively a center, the other (Bosh) being very capable of playing some minutes at center. If we have health, then Birdman will only need to play about 10-15 mpg. That's a role he excels in. He is at his best when he can just be pure energy off the bench for limited minutes.

I'm cool with trying to find a younger backup center for the future because Birdman probably has one more good season with us. But, let's not act like Birdman in his proper role (10-15 minutes of energy off the bench) is not capable

I think you misunderstood what I meant, I wasn't clear enough. I don't think we have to replace Birdman or UD right away, however, they will need to replace them more than Walker and Beasley IMO. They're on the tail-end of their careers, and if were saying he'd be great in a limited role, couldnt we find someone else do the same?? You might be right in saying we're expecting too much from him, but what if this happens again next season?
dancing2thabeet
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,681

Post#1904 » by dancing2thabeet » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:39 pm

Mars wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/ByTimReynolds/status/580356765016981504[/tweet]

Damn Heat, they actually **** up two birthday wishes back to back. :banghead:
orphicwhip wrote:
goodboy wrote:Man I got the flu, still will watch my team play though.

McBob shares the same mentality.
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,787

Post#1905 » by greg4012 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:16 pm

Dmcdani6 wrote:
greg4012 wrote:
Dmcdani6 wrote:I guess we all see now the glaring hole is more C than anything. Even at PF I think we would be fine. Also, we probably wouldnt be complaining as much cause if we had a full squad cause Bosh and McRob wouldve been out there. I'm sticking with my guns though in thinking that we do need to replace Birdman and UD. is UD going to retire after this season? I didn't think so, but was checking. Also, I'm assuming Bird is playing thru his contract??

Everyone's eagerness to throw birdman in the garbage is really irritating. We were literally down to one actual big man able to play at times yesterday, and it was one who wasn't even supposed to be on the 2-deep on this roster (Haslem).

Are you all telling me that with the below personnel that Birdman isn't a great backup center for next season?

Bosh / McRoberts
Whiteside / Birdman

Between Bosh, McRoberts and Whiteside, that's already 3 players each worthy of playing 30+ minutes per game. One of them being exclusively a center, the other (Bosh) being very capable of playing some minutes at center. If we have health, then Birdman will only need to play about 10-15 mpg. That's a role he excels in. He is at his best when he can just be pure energy off the bench for limited minutes.

I'm cool with trying to find a younger backup center for the future because Birdman probably has one more good season with us. But, let's not act like Birdman in his proper role (10-15 minutes of energy off the bench) is not capable

I think you misunderstood what I meant, I wasn't clear enough. I don't think we have to replace Birdman or UD right away, however, they will need to replace them more than Walker and Beasley IMO. They're on the tail-end of their careers, and if were saying he'd be great in a limited role, couldnt we find someone else do the same?? You might be right in saying we're expecting too much from him, but what if this happens again next season?

If we lose our 3 best big men on the team at the same time for stretches of the season (and 2 of them for the full season), then we'll be similarly in trouble. Just like any team in the NBA would be. How would the Cavs look without Mozgov, Love and Thompson? How are the Warriors without Bogut, Speights, and Green? Hawks without Horford, Milsap, and Antic?

It's just terrible luck this season
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,786

Post#1906 » by contract » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:31 pm

greg4012 wrote:I'm cool with trying to find a younger backup center for the future because Birdman probably has one more good season with us. But, let's not act like Birdman in his proper role (10-15 minutes of energy off the bench) is not capable

Birdman might make sense if you could count on him for those 15 minutes ... but when you need him, he's often hurt. He's going to be 37 years old next season and he's always out injured or limited with some injury. It's time to move on to a healthy body.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
Slot Machine
Head Coach
And1: 4,558

Post#1907 » by Slot Machine » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:22 am

Wow, our upcoming schedule is a lot harder than I thought it was.
The Bunk wrote:God I hate this fraudulent clown.

I've never wanted to punch someone in the face so badly. Really hoping to run into him at a game one day. I won't hesitate.
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 78,761

Post#1908 » by QUIZ » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:48 am

Slot Machine wrote:Wow, our upcoming schedule is a lot harder than I thought it was.

It's one of the easiest remaining though. We play ATL, SAN, then CLE after that it softens up.
Don’t let us get one. — Nikola Jovic

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
Usual Suspects
Sixth Man
And1: 2,185

Post#1909 » by Usual Suspects » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:09 am

qjz123 wrote:
Slot Machine wrote:Wow, our upcoming schedule is a lot harder than I thought it was.

It's one of the easiest remaining though. We play ATL, SAN, then CLE after that it softens up.

We also play Chicago and Toronto again. It's definitely challenging, but then again with this team you never know who we beat and who we lose to.
BIRDMAN BIRDMAN
Head Coach
And1: 2,350

Post#1910 » by BIRDMAN BIRDMAN » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:07 pm

Those random Hornets/Sixers/Bucks/Pacers/Magic games earlier in the season where we all lost could definitely come back and bite us in the **** - before you say we win some and lose some, some of those were actually legit winnable where we had the lead so long/big only to lose because we just didnt give a **** and thought this was still the big 3 era w/ some coasting

Seriously, if this team wasnt such a ****, even just a couple from those list and we would have had major BREATHING ROOM right now something like 4games above ish, but nah they like it to make it hard for themselves

Good luck with that upcoming schedule LOL. Esp if without White
:hug:
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,433

Post#1911 » by RexBoyWonder » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:27 pm

qjz123 wrote:

No. There's nothing easy ahead. Should hope for 8th seed.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
FlashFlare
RealGM
And1: 30,615

Post#1912 » by FlashFlare » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:08 pm

if we can finish the season .500 i would be so happy
100% WADEaboo
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#1913 » by gom » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:48 pm

FlashFlare wrote:if we can finish the season .500 i would be so happy

That is almost impossible. We don't need to finish 0.500 to finish even 6th though most likely.

Once Beasley and Walker got their contracts extended until the end of the year, this team was set. We aren't making changes anymore. What we badly need is a deeper contribution and we got that last night from Tyler, Ennis, and Napier, along with improved performances from UD (incredible!), Beasley and Walker.

Hopefully, Wade and Whiteside can play in Atlanta, but if he isn't 100%, I'd save him for the home games and keep going with the guys we put out last night. 100% Wade in the Detroit games (both of them), Indiana, Charlotte, Orlando, Toronto, & Philadelphia would be a 7-4 finish for 40-42. In my opinion that would be absolutely incredible after the hardship we have faced.

To do that we would have to go 1-4 versus teams above 0.500 (San Antonio and the top 4 teams in the East) and 6-0 versus teams that are all below us in the table. It sounds hard, but three of those teams against worse teams are at home and we have to make that a factor.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
FlashFlare
RealGM
And1: 30,615

Post#1914 » by FlashFlare » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:16 pm

gom wrote:
FlashFlare wrote:if we can finish the season .500 i would be so happy

That is almost impossible. We don't need to finish 0.500 to finish even 6th though most likely.

Once Beasley and Walker got their contracts extended until the end of the year, this team was set. We aren't making changes anymore. What we badly need is a deeper contribution and we got that last night from Tyler, Ennis, and Napier, along with improved performances from UD (incredible!), Beasley and Walker.

Hopefully, Wade and Whiteside can play in Atlanta, but if he isn't 100%, I'd save him for the home games and keep going with the guys we put out last night. 100% Wade in the Detroit games (both of them), Indiana, Charlotte, Orlando, Toronto, & Philadelphia would be a 7-4 finish for 40-42. In my opinion that would be absolutely incredible after the hardship we have faced.

To do that we would have to go 1-4 versus teams above 0.500 (San Antonio and the top 4 teams in the East) and 6-0 versus teams that are all below us in the table. It sounds hard, but three of those teams against worse teams are at home and we have to make that a factor.

im an optimist my friend, nothing is impossible ;)

i agree its a tall order, and we're an unpredictable team. but that 3 game win streak gave me hope, and i know what this team can do. obviously this is all predicated on our best guys being available for all these games.

but let's say we go 2-3 versus teams above .500 and 6-0 versus the rest, then we'll be .500 :lol:

it would be the realistically "perfect" conclusion to an otherwise forgettable season. #GetWellBosh
100% WADEaboo
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#1916 » by HIF » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:31 pm

Wade and Whiteside could be sidelined for a while. If they are 4-7 could be a push - just trying to be realistic.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#1917 » by goodboy » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:58 pm

Heat_Fan_87 wrote:espn coaching rankings
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12561 ... op-coaches

:rofl:
Bright
heat4life
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 6,258

Post#1918 » by heat4life » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:22 pm

No love for David Blatt? Scott Brooks? Randy Wittman? :lol:
ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,859

Post#1919 » by KingDavid » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:03 pm

I know our offense hasn't looked it's best because Spo turns to hero ball a lot...but he is the best, or one of the best in the league at ATO plays. Given how we started the season off, and how busted we got injury-wise, I have a lot of faith in him to turn us into contenders next season when everyone is back and healthy. The Dragon acquisition really helps us for holding things down when Wade is hurt or has lingering injuries.

Dragic/TJ/Shabazz
Wade/Wario/TJ
Deng/Beasley/Walker/Ennis
Bosh/McBob/UD/Beasley/Walker
Whiteside/Birdman

I like our chances. I think we need a solid backup C throughout the regular season and keep Birdman's minutes down and a solid backup SG.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
dancing2thabeet
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,681

Post#1920 » by dancing2thabeet » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:14 pm

That SG has to be a knockdown three point shooter.
orphicwhip wrote:
goodboy wrote:Man I got the flu, still will watch my team play though.

McBob shares the same mentality.

Return to Miami Heat