ImageImageImage

Official Miami Heat 2014-2015 Season - Regular Season 2.0 - GOATSIDE

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Re: Official Miami Heat 2014-2015 Season - Regular Season 2.0 - GOATSIDE 

Post#1921 » by IggieCC » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:39 pm

HeatWillRise wrote:
Heat_Fan_87 wrote:espn coaching rankings
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12561 ... op-coaches

:rofl:

Spoiler:
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,683

Post#1922 » by KingDavid » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:17 pm

IggieCC wrote:
HeatWillRise wrote:

:rofl:

Spoiler:

The Mario Chalmers effect.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
ReturnofMVP3
RealGM
And1: 11,580

Post#1923 » by ReturnofMVP3 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:31 pm

LeBron and K-Love beefing.. Like he thought he'd be CB type team player.
Donald Trump is an idiot.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,683

Post#1924 » by KingDavid » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:44 pm

ReturnofMVP3 wrote:LeBron and K-Love beefing.. Like he thought he'd be CB type team player.

Huh? Where'd you hear that? Sounds like BS to me. Winning cures all.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
ReturnofMVP3
RealGM

Post#1925 » by ReturnofMVP3 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:03 pm

KingDavid wrote:
ReturnofMVP3 wrote:LeBron and K-Love beefing.. Like he thought he'd be CB type team player.

headline on wiretap, and discussed in the GB too.
insfo
General Manager
And1: 10,977

Post#1926 » by insfo » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:40 pm

Good for Spo. Though this ranking means nothing in the grand scheme of things, anything positive about the Heat is fine by me.
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 78,750

Post#1927 » by QUIZ » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:42 pm

KingDavid wrote:

Yeah cause K. Love's a winner… lol
Don’t let us get one. — Nikola Jovic

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
ReturnofMVP3
RealGM

Post#1928 » by ReturnofMVP3 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:49 pm

insfo wrote:

Good for Spo. Though this ranking means nothing in the grand scheme of things, anything positive about the Heat is fine by me.

He slept his way to the top.
insfo
General Manager
And1: 10,977

Post#1929 » by insfo » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:53 pm

ReturnofMVP3 wrote:
insfo wrote:

Yeah sure .. in that case, so did a lot of others :banghead:
Usual Suspects
Sixth Man
And1: 2,185

Post#1930 » by Usual Suspects » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:05 pm

Ok can we get a confirmation that Cyclix and Bob Cousy are not the same person.

NBA legend Bob Cousy on Whiteside:

"I have never said this in the 40 years since I retired," Cousy said, "but he is the first big guy, not (Patrick) Ewing, (Hakeem) Olajuwon, Shaq (O'Neal), who reminds me defensively and on the boards of Russell. He runs the floor well, he has excellent timing, he blocks shots and keeps them in play the way Russell did."

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasybasketball/update/25123704/bob-cousy-heats-hassan-whiteside-plays-like-bill-russell
ReturnofMVP3
RealGM

Post#1931 » by ReturnofMVP3 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:07 pm

insfo wrote:
ReturnofMVP3 wrote:
insfo wrote:

Yeah sure .. in that case, so did a lot of others :banghead:

Ethically that doesn't make it right.
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM
And1: 8,088

Post#1932 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:54 pm

The only people laughing about this on the general board are other Heat fans. I'm just confused how people got their expectations for this team so high. It helps to have perspective, and frankly, the talent on this team when you account for injuries, SUCKS. We are playing 3-4 guys a night heavy minutes that are either terrible rookies, or weren't in the league until we picked them off the scrap heap. Whiteside is a major find (who btw nobody gives Spo ANY credit for helping develop), but guys like Walker, Beasley, Ennis, Napier, they're lucky to be in the league and we're having to play them heavy minutes (not to mention ancient UD and Birdman). This is basically Wade and the 09 or 10 Heat, except this is no longer 09 or 10 Wade.

If somehow next season everyone can stay healthy, then yeah, we should do a lot better. Just have to hope that is the case. And even then, Wade will be another year older, as will UD and Bird.

Also, SVG is ranked too low, and Doc's too high imo. I've always felt Doc was really overrated as a coach, everyone forgets a lot of Magic fans hated him, Boston fans (including Bill Simmons) wanted him fired until Ray/KG showed up, and now he's underachieving with a super talented Clippers squad that unlike us, doesn't have injury issues to deal with.

People like Doc cause he won a championship and he's a great motivational/public speaker (he was an announcer at one time), but in terms of x's and o's I'd say he's pretty bad.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#1933 » by HIF » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:57 am

Amazed to see that Riley and Andy are only ranked 4 in the GM list.

ESPN are a joke!
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
3ballbomber
General Manager
And1: 10,027

Post#1934 » by 3ballbomber » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:27 pm

Tim_Hardawayy wrote:

The only people laughing about this on the general board are other Heat fans. I'm just confused how people got their expectations for this team so high. It helps to have perspective, and frankly, the talent on this team when you account for injuries, SUCKS. We are playing 3-4 guys a night heavy minutes that are either terrible rookies, or weren't in the league until we picked them off the scrap heap. Whiteside is a major find (who btw nobody gives Spo ANY credit for helping develop), but guys like Walker, Beasley, Ennis, Napier, they're lucky to be in the league and we're having to play them heavy minutes (not to mention ancient UD and Birdman). This is basically Wade and the 09 or 10 Heat, except this is no longer 09 or 10 Wade.

If somehow next season everyone can stay healthy, then yeah, we should do a lot better. Just have to hope that is the case. And even then, Wade will be another year older, as will UD and Bird.

This will be the 3rd board i've been saying this for now....the only people who look down on Spo are Heat fans. Everybody else directly involved w/ the league & the team have reiterated many times their respect for Spo. Love Hubie Brown, always respect his views & has been saying it all season long also.

As mentioned above for what we are working w/ the criticism cannot be justified. I've said it over & over now that not only are we dealing w/ injuries all season long but we are also a completely new team coming into this season, filled w/ rookies, d-leaguers and has-beens, we had absolutely no chemistry what so ever & we are still currently working on it. As soon as we get just a little bit of consistency somebody always injured again.

While all this mess is occurring we trade 4 players, who, either started or played heavy mins 1st half of the season and we add 3 new players that we have to now re-adjust playing w/ among the mess. We finally get a bit of continuity 2nd half of the season and get some wins under our belts....then bam, again, an injury to Whiteside 12 mins of an important game we most likely would have won if he hadn't cut his hand.

Heat fans expect way too much from the coach and a team that just isn't as talented as they think, that is still working on chemistry. These players are all new to each other and never had to go through battles before = furthrmore we are facing teams that have been playing together for a while. Let's use some common sense here.

Q: Erik Spoelstra regresses more than anyone on the team. -- Aura.

A: I think it comes down to the prism you're viewing Spoelstra. When your choice at the end of a game like Heat-Bucks comes down to whether you're going to go with Michael Beasley or Henry Walker, then you're operating under difficult circumstances to begin with. You would have to believe the outcome would have been different in Milwaukee if Chris Bosh or Josh McRoberts or even a healthy Hassan Whiteside was available. But when you know you have such limits, that's when you also have to be far more precise, better utilize your timeouts, get as much size as possible on the court, demand that an efficient set by run on at least one of the trips down court. This is a new reality for Spoelstra, coaching a lottery-level roster. Even Wednesday, there weren't many buttons to push other than Dragic. So is that coaching . . . or roster (and injury) desperation?

-Ira Winderman

Again, my points constantly supported and reiterated by those directly involved w/ the league and the team.

Here's what i've always said...judge the coach when we actually have a team that is deep and filled w/ enough talent to be a legit contender. look at our bench for christ sakes :-? ....look at who we rotate at power forward :o We don't have the roster right now, let alone highly criticize any aspect of this team right now seeing as we've been through so much this season.
Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Built the right way. Play the right way. Win the right way . .

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
heat4life
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 6,258

Post#1935 » by heat4life » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:18 pm

Some fans think to coach is as easy as learning to control these..

ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP
heat4life
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 6,258

Post#1936 » by heat4life » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:21 pm

Tim_Hardawayy wrote:

Also, SVG is ranked too low, and Doc's too high imo. I've always felt Doc was really overrated as a coach, everyone forgets a lot of Magic fans hated him, Boston fans (including Bill Simmons) wanted him fired until Ray/KG showed up, and now he's underachieving with a super talented Clippers squad that unlike us, doesn't have injury issues to deal with.

People like Doc cause he won a championship and he's a great motivational/public speaker (he was an announcer at one time), but in terms of x's and o's I'd say he's pretty bad.

Great post.

I am with you with regards to Doc. He benefited from having Tom Thibodeau during the Celtics run and then bailed on the team when it was time to rebuild. Great speaker, motivator but he needs a good X's and O's guy under him or he is exposed. Now, as for his GM'ing?... :noway:
ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP
3ballbomber
General Manager

Post#1937 » by 3ballbomber » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:58 am

heat4life wrote:Some fans think to coach is as easy as learning to control these..

funnily enough i think this is exactly how easy they think it is to coach an NBA team.
Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
Rapaz
RealGM
And1: 38,905

Post#1938 » by Rapaz » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:27 am

Justise Winslow has me riding shotgun in the Tankmobile. This kid is impressive.
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,715

Post#1939 » by contract » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:39 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/JoeGoodmanJr/status/581641494550937600[/tweet]
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
3ballbomber
General Manager

Post#1940 » by 3ballbomber » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:01 am

contract wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/JoeGoodmanJr/status/581641494550937600[/tweet]

He was putting up alot of 3's early in the game w/out hesitation. i was quite surprised since he mostly passes them up even when he has some space. This would explain his play. Hopefully all good after it's drained. Continued Blessings on his health.

Virtue, Ethics & Honor

Return to Miami Heat