ImageImageImage

Heat Have Explored Trade Talks On Jameer Nelson

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

timglick01
Banned User
And1: 93

Re: Heat Have Explored Trade Talks On Jameer Nelson 

Post#81 » by timglick01 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:24 pm

He has been one of the worst PGs in the league this season. I guess they want him because he is a moderately big name
Seabass777
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,723

Post#82 » by Seabass777 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:49 pm

Panda Friend 51 wrote:
balla345 wrote:but if we trade birdman who the heck is our backup Center .... JHAM??

We would be getting Perkins back in that deal. Also Blatche is an option.

Or if Larry Sanders gets bought out by the Bucks,he's an option as well.
"Til the last second...Til the last man... We Fight! We Fight! We Fight!"-Together We Rise. #HEATLifer...
Game6
Senior
And1: 1,425

Post#83 » by Game6 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:12 pm

Jameer Nelson is terrible.

Nelson complains about his minutes, bricks shot after shot & has a player option for the upcoming season.

No thanks. I want Cole & Chalmers gone as much as everyone else but Nelson isn't the answer.

Enough of these washed up vets. I want youth on this team.
Hallstar
Head Coach
And1: 6,798

Post#84 » by Hallstar » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:50 pm

Game6 wrote:Jameer Nelson is terrible.

Nelson complains about his minutes, bricks shot after shot & has a player option for the upcoming season.

No thanks. I want Cole & Chalmers gone as much as everyone else but Nelson isn't the answer.

We've been playing youth, only Whiteside would even get rotation minutes on another playoff team
Game6
Senior

Post#85 » by Game6 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:04 pm

Hallstar wrote:

We've been playing youth, only Whiteside would even get rotation minutes on another playoff team

I mean a lot of youth.

I want us to just get rid of Cole, Chalmers, Granger, Deng, Anderson, Williams. Get some young players/picks back & call it a season.

Start Napier, Ennis, Whiteside & whatever young players we acquire through a trade.

This team needs a complete reset. Tired of seeing washed up vets & injury prone players.
Hallstar
Head Coach

Post#86 » by Hallstar » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:06 pm

Game6 wrote:
Hallstar wrote:

I mean a lot of youth.

I want us to just get rid of Cole, Chalmers, Granger, Deng, Anderson, Williams. Get some young players/picks back & call it a season.

Start Napier, Ennis, Whiteside & whatever young players we acquire through a trade.

This team needs a complete reset. Tired of seeing washed up vets & injury prone players.

Get rid of Wade and Bosh too.

I don't find the Timberwolves of the last 8 or so years being much fun to watch...plenty of youth there
Game6
Senior

Post#87 » by Game6 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:13 pm

Hallstar wrote:
Game6 wrote:
Hallstar wrote:We've been playing youth, only Whiteside would even get rotation minutes on another playoff team

I mean a lot of youth.

I don't find the Timberwolves of the last 8 or so years being much fun to watch...plenty of youth there

Look at the Timberwolves this year. 4 players in the rising star game. Wiggins, Muhammad, Bennett. Payne, Lavine, Rubio, Robinson, Young.

They're a fun team to watch. A lot of potential & youth. That's what I want us to do.

Wade is Wade. He's a Heat-lifer but he's old & is only good for 50-60 games a season. Trying to stay competitive because of him is a mistake. Give Wade his last big pay day & let him be a veteran leader for a rebuilding team.

Bosh is who he is. A good complementary star but not a go to guy. If you can trade him & get back some real assets I'm all for it.

At some point it's time to hit the reset button & that time has come.

I have no interest in potentially missing out on the playoffs & missing out on our pick.
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#88 » by gom » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:00 am

I think I'd rather trade for one of last year's picks that didn't work out. Gary Harris, Dante Exum, Kyle Anderson, TJ Warren, and Nik Stauskus come to mind. Exum, Harris, and Stauskus are guards. PJ Hairston is also probably available for little money. Also, we have a second round pick. I'd take a chance on a guard in that range too - such as one of the Harrisons. Maybe we should look into buying other second round picks. The more players we see the better.

Most urgent now is to get Seth Curry (I am sorry if I keep hitting the same key again and again, but I think we could make something of him). I'd also sign Khem Birch. The whole idea is to create value. They would come in with uber-cheap contracts and be RFA in 2016-7. It's worth giving them a chance.

I know we'll probably do nothing, but clearing out some of our players that are ready to move on and aren't contributing (I won't name names her to avoid conflict) and use the roster space to try some young blood would be excellent.

I posted the OKC trade to acquire Jackson, Perkins, and Lamb for Chalmers, Andersen, & Granger and didn't hear any feedback. I think Thunder fans would do it. Chalmers still has value in the NBA (much more than Cole) and Andersen is a heroic figure. Danny Granger is just filler and we could send money to help buy out his contract. They want to get rid of Perkins. If he comes back we can just waive him and fill out the roster with young talent.

Anyway, I agree with rebuilding but not with tanking. We can't get into the 1-6 group to get Stanley Johnson or Okafor or any player that is "guaranteed" to make a difference. Might as well wait for next year when it is better for us. At this point I see nothing that guarantees that next year we will be better.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
Hallstar
Head Coach

Post#89 » by Hallstar » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:12 am

Game6 wrote:
Hallstar wrote:
Game6 wrote:
I mean a lot of youth.

Look at the Timberwolves this year. 4 players in the rising star game. Wiggins, Muhammad, Bennett. Payne, Lavine, Rubio, Robinson, Young.

They're a fun team to watch. A lot of potential & youth. That's what I want us to do.

Wade is Wade. He's a Heat-lifer but he's old & is only good for 50-60 games a season. Trying to stay competitive because of him is a mistake. Give Wade his last big pay day & let him be a veteran leader for a rebuilding team.

Bosh is who he is. A good complementary star but not a go to guy. If you can trade him & get back some real assets I'm all for it.

I have no interest in potentially missing out on the playoffs & missing out on our pick.

I am not in support of any plan that still has us up and coming in 2025 with "assets"
number1joker
Banned User
And1: 218

Post#90 » by number1joker » Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:11 am

no on nelson
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#91 » by HIF » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:18 am

Hallstar wrote:
Game6 wrote:
Hallstar wrote:Get rid of Wade and Bosh too.

I am not in support of any plan that still has us up and coming in 2025 with "assets"

100% with you Hallstar.

These "youth" promoters don't understand the reality of the situation. A weak losing team for years with no surety of ever making another final. What's worse is they can't handle losing as much as those of us who want to stay contenders theorugh vets.

But it's a no from me for Jameer.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
mh_3
Senior
And1: 167

Post#92 » by mh_3 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:47 pm

Game6 wrote:

So you find a team at 22-30 and currently competing for a playoff spot to be less fun than a team with the second worst record in the league at 11-42?

Calling BS on that. They're only "fun" because of the athleticism and breakaway dunks, but all it is is empty stats. You want to complain about people saying Whiteside is a "looter in a riot"? Well at least the guy has contributed to wins (and a team currently in the race for the playoffs).

You talk about how we have guys who are great complementary pieces to a contender yet, you want to blow that up to get worse? If the Heat are truly 1 or 2 guys away, then why give up on 2016 when you have cap, Riley, and a world class organization to sell?

You want to throw away a shot at getting these guys back to the promised land for a decade or more of 19 year olds dunking because it's "fun".

Thank God you're not a GM.
Game6
Senior

Post#93 » by Game6 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:43 pm

mh_3 wrote:
Game6 wrote:

So you find a team at 22-30 and currently competing for a playoff spot to be less fun than a team with the second worst record in the league at 11-42?

Calling BS on that. They're only "fun" because of the athleticism and breakaway dunks, but all it is is empty stats. You want to complain about people saying Whiteside is a "looter in a riot"? Well at least the guy has contributed to wins (and a team currently in the race for the playoffs).

You talk about how we have guys who are great complementary pieces to a contender yet, you want to blow that up to get worse? If the Heat are truly 1 or 2 guys away, then why give up on 2016 when you have cap, Riley, and a world class organization to sell?

You want to throw away a shot at getting these guys back to the promised land for a decade or more of 19 year olds dunking because it's "fun".

Yes. I don't enjoy watching this Heat team. This team doesn't have any heart & doesn't seem to care. No energy.

Timberwolves are playing for the future. They may lose games now but they are going to be a force in a few years.

We aren't one or 2 pieces away & we aren't getting back to the finals with this core. Anyone who believes that is delusional.

We are 5-6 pieces away. Wade's career is coming to an end, Bosh is a complementary player & Deng is a complementary role player who's going to leave at the end of this season.

Riley himself admitted that the 2016 plan may not be what we think it is because the new CBA has changed things.

The 2015 free agency class is better than the 2016 one. My proposal was to get a lottery pick this year, trade the players we don't need & try to make a move this off season.

Keep on believing we'll get back to the finals because we're a world class organization though. Worked so well for LA & NY.
Maroko
Lead Assistant
And1: 11,432

Post#94 » by Maroko » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:43 pm

Game6 wrote:
mh_3 wrote:
Spoiler:
Game6 wrote:

Yes. I don't enjoy watching this Heat team. This team doesn't have any heart & doesn't seem to care. No energy.

Timberwolves are playing for the future. They may lose games now but they are going to be a force in a few years.

We aren't one or 2 pieces away & we aren't getting back to the finals with this core. Anyone who believes that is delusional.

We are 5-6 pieces away. Wade's career is coming to an end, Bosh is a complementary player & Deng is a complementary role player who's going to leave at the end of this season.

Riley himself admitted that the 2016 plan may not be what we think it is because the new CBA has changed things.

The 2015 free agency class is better than the 2016 one. My proposal was to get a lottery pick this year, trade the players we don't need & try to make a move this off season.

Keep on believing we'll get back to the finals because we're a world class organization though. Worked so well for LA & NY.

I would have given you a perfect 50 if you didnt bring the Wolves, they will never be better than us because they are in the west ! Unless they change the balance between East / West, we will always have a better shot for the playoffs

Game6 you are the hard line of the Miami Heat's future, i dont agree with all you said but you made some good points.
If we take an easy/soft approach the next offseasons, we could stay in the middle of the pack without any ambitions than getting the last spot for the playoffs, it's a risk
but it's also a risk to go on a full rebuild mode
mh_3
Senior
And1: 167

Post#95 » by mh_3 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:44 pm

Game6 wrote:
mh_3 wrote:So you find a team at 22-30 and currently competing for a playoff spot to be less fun than a team with the second worst record in the league at 11-42?

The Heat are playing for the future too, just in a different way. You don't need a team strictly of 22 year olds to be "building for the future". Miami has guys like Napier, Ennis, and Whiteside as you mentioned; and they'll get better with experience.

But I disagree with you, Miami is 2 pieces away from contending. They need a couple more playmakers at the guard positions (a star PG and a playmaking SG to back up Wade). Add to that (if we keep McBob) the front court depth we would have, Miami is not that far from contending.

What I do agree with? 2015 free agency might be better. For the fact that it's very deep in guards. I've supported the idea of trading guys with contracts running past 2015 for expirings. And I'm not opposed to tanking, only its a huge gamble to miss the playoffs and end up getting the 12th spot or something. HUGE gamble. The other issue is, a lot of those guards are RFAs such as Brandon Knight and the way they've been playing now... I just don't see those teams NOT matching any offer thrown at them.

And you're underrating the whole "world class organization" thing. LA and NY are currently in a period of rebuilding, it happens. Every organization goes through that. You know what sub-par organizations do? They do what Minnesota does and EVERY NOW AND THEN, they'll actually look decent.

Building through the draft is a LONG and grueling process. You're talking a possible decade or two just to get your team back into the playoffs. Sorry, but as much as this season has been a flaming dumpster, I'd take sucking for a year or two over sucking for a decade.
GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,051

Post#96 » by GameTime_3 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:16 am

Jameer is terrible but....we have the worst statistical rotation(Point Guard) of any rotation in the NBA.. Let that set in....No one is worst at one position than Miami is a PG. Anything is better than Rio, Cole right now.. Jameer isn't going to score but he knows how to RUN an offense! He knows how to FEED the Post! He knows what it takes to be a winner(Shabazz).... Is he an answer? No but its better than what we have... Does he help us long term? No... Doesn't really help that much... but its more than we have right now...

Sign me up... Not my first, second, 3rd or even top 5 choices... but its an upgrade.
Heat_team02
RealGM
And1: 2,895

Post#97 » by Heat_team02 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:43 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDLK_IRyi0I[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNZlaeFfFqU[/youtube]
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
3ballbomber
General Manager
And1: 10,027

Post#98 » by 3ballbomber » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:23 am

if all we had to give up was cole/chalmers then why not Jameer Nelson. How could it get any worse?
Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Built the right way. Play the right way. Win the right way . .

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
Paz
Analyst
And1: 3,868

Post#99 » by Paz » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:59 am

We wanted Jameer and all we got was Goran Dragic... Shame.
3ballbomber
General Manager
And1: 10,027

Post#100 » by 3ballbomber » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:57 am

3ballbomber wrote:if all we had to give up was cole/chalmers then why not Jameer Nelson. How could it get any worse?

how the ef did it get this good? :o :D
Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Built the right way. Play the right way. Win the right way . .

Virtue, Ethics & Honor

Return to Miami Heat