ImageImageImage

Goran "DRAGON" Dragic: The Official Thread

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Re: Goran "DRAGON" Dragic: The Official Thread 

Post#1281 » by HIF » Fri Jun 3, 2016 10:30 am

IggieCC wrote:
TroubleS0me wrote:bump

needs to get better defensively. not a fan of how we had to take him out late in games for J-Rich.

watching Kyrie Irving "play defense" urged you to bump this thread?

it was like a human sacrifice out there tonight lol

Cleveland need Hassan to protect their PG.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
TroubleS0me
Head Coach
And1: 5,096

Post#1282 » by TroubleS0me » Fri Jun 3, 2016 11:12 pm

IggieCC wrote:
TroubleS0me wrote:bump

needs to get better defensively. not a fan of how we had to take him out late in games for J-Rich.

watching Kyrie Irving "play defense" urged you to bump this thread?

it was like a human sacrifice out there tonight lol

yup lol
Mos_Heat
RealGM
And1: 36,795

Post#1283 » by Mos_Heat » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:51 pm

everyone was so happy :cry:

Also:
IggieCC wrote:As the biggest Dragic fan on this board, I must say this was a great trade.

Iggie loves white dudes for some reason
Spoiler:
:reporter:
Rich2Hassan
RealGM
And1: 5,800

Post#1284 » by Rich2Hassan » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:52 pm

Trade him. He sucks
Heat President of TANK operations.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#1285 » by HIF » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:37 pm

Please it's time to let him free.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
leoshes
Veteran
And1: 5,437

Post#1286 » by leoshes » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:04 pm

If you set him free & he comes back its meant to be. But in this case we close, & lock the door. :wink:
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,450

Post#1287 » by gom » Thu Feb 2, 2017 3:13 am

Gfycat Video - Click to Play

I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
Dr_Heat
RealGM
And1: 96,866

Post#1288 » by Dr_Heat » Thu Feb 2, 2017 3:42 am

Nice
Dr_Heat wrote: Oof
shanedude
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,694

Post#1289 » by shanedude » Thu Feb 2, 2017 5:48 am

Poor HIF
Tyler Gang or Die
kayath
Sophomore
And1: 202

Post#1290 » by kayath » Thu Feb 2, 2017 6:15 am

shanedude wrote:Poor HIF

Does he still posts or he is hiding somewhere?
MartyConlonJr
General Manager
And1: 2,428

Post#1291 » by MartyConlonJr » Thu Feb 2, 2017 7:12 pm

Right now on raw per 36 numbers - Dragic appears to be almost identical to Kyle Lowry. Lowry mainly has him beat in what portion of his shots are 3's while maintaining the similar percentages. Their D seems pretty much the same. Lowry also has him beat in wins, which I assume affects a lot of his offensive advanced stats, which are a lot higher. But otherwise their seasons are extremely close across the board
MartyConlonJr
General Manager

Post#1292 » by MartyConlonJr » Fri Feb 3, 2017 7:22 pm

The other thing about Dragic - he has been so consistent this year. He has had maybe 2 'bad' games since start of december. He is putting up his 13-14 all nba numbers and they are contributing to wins now. He is also working far better with Waiters than Wade, despite similar play styles and levels of playmaking - obviously Waiters is inferior, but you'd think Dragic would have similar problems. I assume Waiters ability to make a three may be part of the difference, but it also seems obvious that Dragic plays better when he is empowered with some level of leadership and authority to make plays
MartyConlonJr
General Manager

Post#1293 » by MartyConlonJr » Tue Feb 7, 2017 6:38 am

Dragic is now shooting 45+ from three for the season behind only Otto Porter. Is this his best season now? Almost all his numbers are career best
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,405

Post#1294 » by RexBoyWonder » Tue Feb 7, 2017 1:12 pm

MartyConlonJr wrote:The other thing about Dragic - he has been so consistent this year. He has had maybe 2 'bad' games since start of december. He is putting up his 13-14 all nba numbers and they are contributing to wins now. He is also working far better with Waiters than Wade, despite similar play styles and levels of playmaking - obviously Waiters is inferior, but you'd think Dragic would have similar problems. I assume Waiters ability to make a three may be part of the difference, but it also seems obvious that Dragic plays better when he is empowered with some level of leadership and authority to make plays

good analysis, most of us knew Dragon will rise when given the keys and the more shooting u surround him with the better he'll be.

Dragic is now shooting 45+ from three for the season behind only Otto Porter. Is this his best season now? Almost all his numbers are career best

He's giving us a consistent 20 PPG on very good efficiency with modest usage, there's no other way to describe his season expect for excellent.

I think most of us got caught on the age thing, thinking we really need to get younger at PG to match our other core players. It's not an invalid point to make, But the reality is he's only 30, and I can see him keeping up this level of play for another 4-5 years. He's more crafty and tall then explosive.

It's just not that easy finding a 20 and 7, humble team player on a team friendly contract.
I'm starting to think He's a long time keeper.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
MartyConlonJr
General Manager

Post#1295 » by MartyConlonJr » Tue Feb 7, 2017 6:15 pm

Yes, I think we are so close to the playoffs now that we may as well push. Goran has now proved himself as someone who when given the reigns, capable of All-NBA type performance (probably not quite this year with Russ, Harden, Curry, Isaiah Thomas, Kemba, Paul, Lowry, Wall and Irving all playing well).

I guess the next question is whether he can remain engaged and productive when we add talent to the roster - can he be the alpha of a true contender? I also think he can be productive much later in his career ala Nash due to his low minutes early in his career and his relative late start (he has played about 17000 minutes - less than John Wall, Steph Curry, Westbrook, and not much more than Lillard, irving or kemba) and the fact that his game is not predicated on athleticism, though he is pretty quick....

In summary, what is our peak as a team with him as the alpha?
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,405

Post#1296 » by RexBoyWonder » Tue Feb 7, 2017 6:48 pm

MartyConlonJr wrote:Yes, I think we are so close to the playoffs now that we may as well push. Goran has now proved himself as someone who when given the reigns, capable of All-NBA type performance (probably not quite this year with Russ, Harden, Curry, Isaiah Thomas, Kemba, Paul, Lowry, Wall and Irving all playing well).

I guess the next question is whether he can remain engaged and productive when we add talent to the roster - can he be the alpha of a true contender? I also think he can be productive much later in his career ala Nash due to his low minutes early in his career and his relative late start (he has played about 17000 minutes - less than John Wall, Steph Curry, Westbrook, and not much more than Lillard, irving or kemba) and the fact that his game is not predicated on athleticism, though he is pretty quick....

In summary, what is our peak as a team with him as the alpha?

To be honest I don't think he can be the alpha (or best player) on a championship team, but who says he needs to be?

He's not making alpha money in this new CBA. He's not a ball hog, and doesn't have an ego.

He can be a great #2 guy on a championship team if we can add that Paul Gorge/Blake Griffin type of a first option.

Dragon and Hassan can both be elite #2 and #3 on any team.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
MartyConlonJr
General Manager

Post#1297 » by MartyConlonJr » Tue Feb 7, 2017 6:56 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:To be honest I don't think he can be the alpha (or best player) on a championship team, but who says he needs to be?

He's not making alpha money in this new CBA. He's not a ball hog, and doesn't have an ego.

He can be a great #2 guy on a championship team if we can add that Paul Gorge/Blake Griffin type of a first option.

Dragon and Hassan can both be elite #2 and #3 on any team.

Ok maybe I should rephrase - can he be an effective #2 on a championship team? He drifted in and out of good play with Wade, but often in the 4th when it went Wade iso time. He didn't seem to have a good groove with Wade, was more passive. Is this something where he and Wade didn't fit, or the reality of Dragic not having control of the offense as #1? The guys you name do see like more off the ball players that would work well with Dragic though (but I can't stand griffin)
BaDaBo
Starter
And1: 7,401

Post#1298 » by BaDaBo » Tue May 2, 2017 9:56 pm

Miami Heat Facebook wrote:Shoutout to The Dragon and his 2016-17 season!
-Team leading 89 steals
-6 double-doubles
-7 30+ point games
-70 double-figure scoring games
-Finished the season scoring in double-figures in a career-high 46 straight games

https://www.facebook.com/MiamiHeat/videos/10155378601429124/
Hoops23
General Manager
And1: 1,269

Post#1299 » by Hoops23 » Wed May 3, 2017 2:02 am

How about trading Dragic and the #14 pick on draft day for Paul George?
Then use the cap space to acquire a PG like Teague, Holiday, Hill and the least Rose or Collison.
BaDaBo
Starter
And1: 7,401

Post#1300 » by BaDaBo » Wed May 3, 2017 10:32 am

Hoops23 wrote:How about trading Dragic and the #14 pick on draft day for Paul George?
Then use the cap space to acquire a PG like Teague, Holiday, Hill and the least Rose or Collison.

IMO all of them except Collison will get bigger or similar contracts as Dragic, so trading him won't really get you any extra cap space. And none are really as good as Dragic atm. ( again IMO )

Return to Miami Heat