ImageImageImage

Let's Help Pat Fill Out the Heat Roster - UPDATED

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

Big Player to Replace Henry Walker (Thanks Whiteside) (vote only 1 this time)

Khem Birch (Sioux Falls, not a center)
16%
Emeka Okafor (recovering from serious back surgery)
5%
Willie Reed (PF)
No votes
JaVale McGee (available)
47%
Larry Sanders (does not want to play, possible depression)
No votes
Byron Mullens (Sioux Falls)
11%
Greg Oden (history of injuries)
16%
Chris Johnson (he was on our team earlier but didn't stick)
No votes
Sim Bhullar (Reno)
5%
Other (Alex Kirk, Hamady Ndiaye, Aaron Gray, Jordan Vandenberg, Kyrylo Fesenko, Hasheem Thabeet (grand rapids))
No votes

Total votes: 19

ndnow
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,010

Re: Let's Help Pat Fill Out the Heat Roster 

Post#221 » by ndnow » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:00 pm

UDWade wrote:
YAWKYAWK wrote:
UDWade wrote:"Us"?

You clearly didn't watch this team last year.

Oh? He was such an important piece last year, we decided to keep him another year. He even made key contributions in the playoffs.

OH WAIT

That's the coach's fault. Fact of the matter is you don't know basketball if you think he doesn't add ANYTHING to a team with no bench and 1 healthy PF.

Ballboys sometimes…

I'm sorry but he is right, no need to insult him. Beasley has been on and off the team multiple times for a reason, he just isn't good. It's not the coaches fault, that excuse on this subject is so tired. I'd be surprised if he gets another shot on the team from Riley.
Myam333
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,909

Post#222 » by Myam333 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:13 pm

ndnow wrote:
UDWade wrote:
YAWKYAWK wrote:
Oh? He was such an important piece last year, we decided to keep him another year. He even made key contributions in the playoffs.

OH WAIT

That's the coach's fault. Fact of the matter is you don't know basketball if you think he doesn't add ANYTHING to a team with no bench and 1 healthy PF.

Ballboys sometimes…

I'm sorry but he is right no need to insult him. Beasley has been on and off the team multiple times for a reason, he just isn't good. It's not the coaches fault, that excuse on this subject is so tired. I'd be surprised if he gets another shot on the team from Riley.

Sooo Granger and Williams were better, no? If your argument for him not being good is his defense, then Granger and Williams would like a word with you.

And coaching does have something to do with it. A few people here believe it too. Go back a few pages to see their arguments.
smartcane
Junior
And1: 259

Post#223 » by smartcane » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:20 pm

YAWKYAWK wrote:
UDWade wrote:
YAWKYAWK wrote:Oh? He was such an important piece last year, we decided to keep him another year. He even made key contributions in the playoffs.
OH WAIT

Ballboys sometimes…

Right. We need a power forward. Beasley's a tweener (that can't defend) AT BEST. Sure, his inconsistent shooting and 1 dimensional scoring could provide a small spark off the bench...but that's not enough to counter how much of a defensive liability he is. Face it, Beasley wasn't good enough to stay his first or second stints here, why would a third be any different?
And what does me being a "ballboy" have to do with anything.

As a Beasley supporter i think i need to face the facts like the other Beasley supports, his talent isn't why he isn't on this team. It is clearly his personality. If he had a good team personality the team would have worked around his weakness. He plays better defense than Harden, Dirk, Nash, Martin, Kaman and i can go on and on but all of those guys have never been referred to as a team cancer like say blatche and Beasley. Beasley has the offensive talent that if he had the right personality a team would build around. We has fans don't see those things but with a team so desperate for a PF and we haven't signed him speaks volume. So i have to admit that it is time we move on and see if Blatche is less of detriment to the team.
YAWKYAWK
Freshman
And1: 7

Post#224 » by YAWKYAWK » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:47 pm

DefenseWins wrote:We need a guy who can play C and PF. The only thing is we need floor stretching. Birch seems like the right guy. We can't be picky this late in the season...

We need more than floor spacing from Bosh's replacement, we need someone that can actually defend (or just someone who won't get destroyed consistently) as well.
YAWKYAWK
Freshman
And1: 7

Post#225 » by YAWKYAWK » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:01 am

UDWade wrote:
ndnow wrote:
UDWade wrote:That's the coach's fault. Fact of the matter is you don't know basketball if you think he doesn't add ANYTHING to a team with no bench and 1 healthy PF.

Ballboys sometimes…

I'm sorry but he is right no need to insult him. Beasley has been on and off the team multiple times for a reason, he just isn't good. It's not the coaches fault, that excuse on this subject is so tired. I'd be surprised if he gets another shot on the team from Riley.

Sooo Granger and Williams were better, no? If your argument for him not being good is his defense, then Granger and Williams would like a word with you.

And coaching does have something to do with it. A few people here believe it too. Go back a few pages to see their arguments.

I'd take Shawne over Beasley any day tbh. But I was never a fan of the Granger signing.
Temuhjan
Sixth Man
And1: 321

Post#226 » by Temuhjan » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:51 am

YAWKYAWK wrote:I'd take Shawne over Beasley any day tbh. But I was never a fan of the Granger signing.

Agreed. But why were we stuck with Granger in the first place? Why can't we have Spencer Hawes and Isaiah Thomas instead of Granger, McBob and Super Mario in the first place?
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,433

Post#227 » by gom » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:24 pm

Temuhjan wrote:
YAWKYAWK wrote:I'd take Shawne over Beasley any day tbh. But I was never a fan of the Granger signing.

Agreed. But why were we stuck with Granger in the first place? Why can't we have Spencer Hawes and Isaiah Thomas instead of Granger, McBob and Super Mario in the first place?

Granger was a chance we took that didn't work out. If it had worked out everyone complaining would be beating their chests about how the Heat resurrected a fossil into a 17 ppg/5 rpg player. I'm still not convinced he's washed up, but I do know that he did not work out for us and we gave him plenty of chances.

In any case, let's focus on the future. We need to find someone to solve the current problem. Our back court looks pretty good. I think Walker will be signed as Deng's backup (and is playing in front of Ennis already). We have two needs: a backup center and a stretch PF. If Andersen or Whiteside go down, simply put, our season is kaput. We already have the problem at PF though. I'm not really sure which problem is worst. The way it's gone with injuries this could unravel pretty easily, but we don't have great aspirations anyway. I think we should look for the best talent that solves either one and grab it.

At the moment, if we can't get Quincy Miller (Detroit has him locked down until next week), it might be better to sign Khem Birch because in a pinch he might be able to cover for PF or C for us. Beasley's defense is a real liability and we have to focus on what we can do. We can still defend. We can't give it up.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
gom

Post#228 » by gom » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:33 pm

This should probably be locked now too. I think we got the roster.
R-Dolenska
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#229 » by R-Dolenska » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:16 am

Slovenian Chris Bosh is free agent.....

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoWW_E5BRBU[/youtube]
Paz
Analyst
And1: 3,862

Post#230 » by Paz » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:08 am

R-Dolenska wrote:Slovenian Chris Bosh is free agent.....

The Slovenia HEAT? I like it.
deb
Senior
And1: 455

Post#231 » by deb » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:50 pm

In 2009 he would actually be a realistic option. Back then he was arguably the best pf in Europe and the Spurs really wanted him. Now he's pretty much done...
dancing2thabeet
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,681

Post#232 » by dancing2thabeet » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:03 pm

Paz wrote:
R-Dolenska wrote:Slovenian Chris Bosh is free agent.....

The Slovenia HEAT? I like it.

Sadly, this is at least 2 years late, maybe even more. He was great back in his time, like an European Louis Scola with better range, but injuries really hampered him lately. He would have probably joined the Spurs if he didn't get injured in his amazing stint with Barcelona. He couldn't even make it to our national team, where he would help immensely. Another one of what could have beens. :(
orphicwhip wrote:
goodboy wrote:Man I got the flu, still will watch my team play though.

McBob shares the same mentality.
gom

Post#233 » by gom » Sun Mar 1, 2015 1:21 pm

I think Quincy Miller might soon be available:

Feb 27, 2015 - The Detroit Pistons assigned Quincy Miller to the Grand Rapids Drive of the D-League.
dancing2thabeet
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,681

Post#234 » by dancing2thabeet » Sun Mar 1, 2015 2:38 pm

We have no roster spots though
orphicwhip wrote:
goodboy wrote:Man I got the flu, still will watch my team play though.

McBob shares the same mentality.
WD
RealGM
And1: 3,228

Post#235 » by WD » Sun Mar 1, 2015 2:41 pm

Here we go again, thinking we need a player that is not currently on our roster........WOW
#HEATLifer
gom

Post#236 » by gom » Mon Mar 2, 2015 9:24 pm

WD wrote:Here we go again, thinking we need a player that is not currently on our roster........WOW

Well, we do need to improve and Miller could help in the absence of Bosh. Beasley's contract can be ended at any time and the technical on Saturday shows what we can expect.

This is the last day of Miller's 10 day contract and he is gathering dust in the D-League at the moment. He can add a lot to the team. What is the problem with adding someone who can actually help?
Myam333
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,909

Post#237 » by Myam333 » Mon Mar 2, 2015 10:40 pm

So we shouldn't sign him back over one tech?

Miller couldn't get Omri Casspi's spot with the Kings...

If we were tanking then I'm all for getting Miller.
Temuhjan
Sixth Man

Post#238 » by Temuhjan » Tue Mar 3, 2015 3:16 am

gom wrote:Well, we do need to improve and Miller could help in the absence of Bosh. Beasley's contract can be ended at any time and the technical on Saturday shows what we can expect.

This is the last day of Miller's 10 day contract and he is gathering dust in the D-League at the moment. He can add a lot to the team. What is the problem with adding someone who can actually help?

The Pistons recalled Quincy Miller from the D-League, the team announced. Pistons coach/executive Stan Van Gundy said he and his staff were leaning toward re-signing him to a second 10-day contract. So, no such luck for us. :noway:
Temuhjan
Sixth Man

Post#239 » by Temuhjan » Tue Mar 3, 2015 3:25 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/drpemberton/status/572417024451854337[/tweet]
gom

Post#240 » by gom » Tue Mar 3, 2015 8:17 am

UDWade wrote:So we shouldn't sign him back over one tech?

No, he needs a fair 10 day evaluation. I will concede that he fits in well with the group. I do have an antipathy to egotistical plays that harm the team. That technical served no purpose and his justification of it (to Ira) was pathetic.

UDWade wrote:Miller couldn't get Omri Casspi's spot with the Kings...

Casspi is a Sacramento draft pick and he has history there. The truth is the Kings didn't play Miller enough to make an appraisal. They could only offer two 10 day contracts and Detroit snatched him up during the break for the all star game.

UDWade wrote:If we were tanking then I'm all for getting Miller.

Well, we're obviously not tanking, but I don't see why that's a factor. Miller is an asset we should accumulate. If he develops we can have a good reserve for Bosh. Haslem won't be around forever.

Return to Miami Heat