ImageImageImage

This is the ZORAN Dragi? Thread

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

Firrhos
Ballboy
And1: 33

Re: This is the ZORAN Dragi? Thread 

Post#41 » by Firrhos » Sat Mar 7, 2015 5:50 am

Highlights: Zoran Dragic (22 points, 5 assists) vs. the Drive, 3/6/2015: http://youtu.be/sHowv-VL3YU

Sent from my A0001 using RealGM Forums mobile app
JLop
Analyst
And1: 7,833

Post#42 » by JLop » Sat Mar 7, 2015 11:12 am

Firrhos wrote:Highlights: Zoran Dragic (22 points, 5 assists) vs. the Drive, 3/6/2015: http://youtu.be/sHowv-VL3YU

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHowv-VL3YU[/youtube]

Highlights: Zoran Dragic (22 points, 5 assists) vs. the Drive, 3/6/2015
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,273

Post#43 » by Jstock12 » Sat Mar 7, 2015 8:19 pm

His skill level is above D-League. He can definitely come off the bench for the Heat. I guess he just needs to prove it.
Temuhjan
Sixth Man
And1: 321

Post#44 » by Temuhjan » Sun Mar 8, 2015 9:41 am

Jstock12 wrote:His skill level is above D-League. He can definitely come off the bench for the Heat. I guess he just needs to prove it.

Plus, I am sure he be benefit from attending the summer camp with the Team. I look forward to him rising as the Team's Sixth Man next season.
AndreI119
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#45 » by AndreI119 » Sun Mar 8, 2015 10:58 am

His skill are about right for NBA, but you have to get chance to prove that you can play, not just to get lousy 2-3min at the end when nothing happens, because game is "already over". Miami made a mistake, because he is way better than Chalmers, Nappier and they have those "players" in the rotation. Ccccc
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,292

Post#46 » by MettaWorldPanda » Sun Mar 8, 2015 2:16 pm

He played brutal last night 2 of 11 from the field and 2 of 4 from the line for 7 points in 28 min. Zoran needs plenty of D League action.
SlowPaced
RealGM
And1: 17,487

Post#47 » by SlowPaced » Sun Mar 8, 2015 3:13 pm

Zoran Dragic is not the throw-in piece people thought he is. He can be a serviceable role player in the future. However, he needs to spend a lot of time in D-League first.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,620

Post#48 » by KingDavid » Sun Mar 8, 2015 4:58 pm

JLop wrote:
Firrhos wrote:Highlights: Zoran Dragic (22 points, 5 assists) vs. the Drive, 3/6/2015: http://youtu.be/sHowv-VL3YU

Spoiler:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHowv-VL3YU[/youtube]

Highlights: Zoran Dragic (22 points, 5 assists) vs. the Drive, 3/6/2015

I don't see any NBA quality skill there...
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,554

Post#49 » by DefenseWins » Sun Mar 8, 2015 5:17 pm

The thing about Zoran is he is always moving and is a good rebounder for his size and he plays defense

Shooting though, that is his weakness

He seems like a guy that would fit in San Antonio with their offense because of his movement... Not his shooting tho

I understand the Slovenian fans think highly of Zoran but you have to pay your dues in the NBA. Can't expect big minutes for a team out of nowhere, you have to prove yourself.

Much like Tyler Johnson is right now
mixerball
Veteran
And1: 2,276

Post#50 » by mixerball » Sun Mar 8, 2015 5:38 pm

i think slovenian fans are the most realistic here. he has to do a lot of work before he can get into rotation. mainly shooting.

the thing about zoran that we know that maybe others dont, that you can never count out dragic determination. both of them surprised everyone with how they progressed each year.
so that in mind, im being optimistic. cautiously optimistic. but there is a lot of work to be done.
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,435

Post#51 » by gom » Sun Mar 8, 2015 5:42 pm

SlowPaced wrote:Zoran Dragic is not the throw-in piece people thought he is. He can be a serviceable role player in the future. However, he needs to spend a lot of time in D-League first.

I don't remember anyone here saying he was a throw in piece. The Heat thought about picking him up last summer.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,620

Post#52 » by KingDavid » Sun Mar 8, 2015 5:55 pm

DefenseWins wrote:The thing about Zoran is he is always moving and is a good rebounder for his size and he plays defense

Shooting though, that is his weakness

He seems like a guy that would fit in San Antonio with their offense because of his movement... Not his shooting tho

I understand the Slovenian fans think highly of Zoran but you have to pay your dues in the NBA. Can't expect big minutes for a team out of nowhere, you have to prove yourself.

Much like Tyler Johnson is right now

I agree. But with TJ, he's always had a J, he has NBA level athleticism and quickness.

Think about Andrew Dawkins, he is an elite shooter. But he is pure trash everywhere else.

Rebounding SFs/SGs aren't that big of a deal and is usually indicative of bad rebounding frontcourt altogether. I need to see some more film on him but I don't see anything that will translate to staying on a roster. Maybe his defense? And maybe it's because he isn't in NBA game shape? It's a possibility. I really hope he gets a shot to prove his worth in the league.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,368

Post#53 » by RexBoyWonder » Sun Mar 8, 2015 6:09 pm

He didn't play 5 on 5 basketball since the summer, it takes time to get comfortable.

He'll play 8 games with Skyforce in the next 2 weeks, we'll know more about him after that.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
JPF
Sophomore
And1: 92

Post#54 » by JPF » Sun Mar 8, 2015 6:17 pm

Zoran's best attributes are his glitch defense and energy. That normaly isn't seen on practices, as you'd only get someone who's not playing with the same intensity hurt or in those 2 minutes when everything is decided or to some degree in NBDL. Zoran needs to cover Harden, get instructions to shut him down if he wants to spend another minute on court this season and be thrown out there.... and that's the point when he becomes incredibly valuable considering his shortcomings. Naturaly he won't stop him completely, but will annoy the hell out of him, get into passing lanes, throw himself after the ball on court, be among the firsts in fast breaks and by all that put the right attitude into other members of the lineup. (thinking of the early game vs. Wizards here, he'd definately be usefull there)

After all these months without a regular playing time, NBDL will do him good, no doubt about that.
SlowPaced
RealGM
And1: 17,487

Post#55 » by SlowPaced » Sun Mar 8, 2015 9:58 pm

gom wrote:
SlowPaced wrote:Zoran Dragic is not the throw-in piece people thought he is. He can be a serviceable role player in the future. However, he needs to spend a lot of time in D-League first.

I don't remember anyone here saying he was a throw in piece. The Heat thought about picking him up last summer.

I didn't mean this forum.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#56 » by HIF » Mon Mar 9, 2015 10:31 am

I'll just wait and see what happens. I have low expectations until I see the player for a reasonable amount of time myself.

We got Dragon and that was the point of the deal (his brother simply was part of the deal).
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
JLop
Analyst
And1: 7,833

Post#57 » by JLop » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:09 am

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQksQG3eTV0[/youtube]

Highlights: Zoran Dragic (19 points) vs. the Red Claws, 3/10/2015
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,435

Post#58 » by gom » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:02 am

We should have him here for the next week or so anyway. We only had 9 players the other night after Whiteside was sent off.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 78,750

Post#59 » by QUIZ » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:24 am

JLop wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQksQG3eTV0[/youtube]

Highlights: Zoran Dragic (19 points) vs. the Red Claws, 3/10/2015

Good game from him.
Don’t let us get one. — Nikola Jovic

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
dubasilva
Junior
And1: 412

Post#60 » by dubasilva » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:48 am

mixerball wrote:i think slovenian fans are the most realistic here. he has to do a lot of work before he can get into rotation. mainly shooting.

the thing about zoran that we know that maybe others dont, that you can never count out dragic determination. both of them surprised everyone with how they progressed each year.
so that in mind, im being optimistic. cautiously optimistic. but there is a lot of work to be done.

We like these guys, but there is nothing better than to prove himself in the D-League. He's rookie, so he has plenty of time to develop and improve his shot. Shooting will help him if he wants to stay in Miami.

I can't wait to see how he develops and plays next year.

Return to Miami Heat