ImageImageImage

3 Starting Guards (Wade, Chalmers, Dragic)

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

Xellious
Ballboy
And1: 0

3 Starting Guards (Wade, Chalmers, Dragic) 

Post#1 » by Xellious » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:37 pm

When G. Dragic was still playing in Phoenix this season, alongside with Bledsoe and Thomas, they made amazing three guard uptempo combos that bedazled the entire league. As for this Heat team, the 3 guard combination can still be implemented and will be as effective as Dragic's previous team. In my own opinion, Wade, Chalmers and Dragic is a very good starting combo because it will create fast pace type of Heat basketball. Moreover size isnt a problem for this team mainly because it delivers team effort defense. Whiteside, as athletic as he is, can cover players down the shaded lane. I think it would be better to shuffle Heat's starters to 3 guard combo.

G. Dragic
D. Wade
M. Chalmers
H. Whiteside
L. Deng
insfo
General Manager
And1: 11,310

Re: 3 Starting Guards (Wade, Chalmers, Dragic) 

Post#2 » by insfo » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:42 pm

lol .. the reason he wanted to leave the Suns was this 3 guard line up .. but yeah, lets see what we can come up with after a few practices.
insfo
General Manager

Post#3 » by insfo » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:43 pm

And Chalmers is not a starter. He was starting because the other options were much worse. He is a backup shooting guard at this point.
Rapaz
RealGM
And1: 39,361

Post#4 » by Rapaz » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:44 pm

Not a fan of the 3-guard lineup if Chalmers and Wade continue to dominate the ball. The only way it works is if they defer to Goran and let him run the offense. Otherwise, leave Chalmers on the bench.
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,554

Post#5 » by DefenseWins » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:45 pm

insfo wrote:lol .. the reason he wanted to leave the Suns was this 3 guard line up .. but yeah, lets see what we can come up with after a few practices.

Not exactly

He left because he wasn't ball handling, the other two were while he stood in the corner. He wants to be involved in everything

If we let him ball handle at PG we should be fine and he shouldn't have a problem

Rio goes back to his spot up days, and it can help since he has his 3 point stroke back. Defensively tho idk, not too good.
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by DefenseWins » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:48 pm

Rapaz wrote:Not a fan of the 3-guard lineup if Chalmers and Wade continue to dominate the ball. The only way it works is if they defer to Goran and let him run the offense. Otherwise, leave Chalmers on the bench.

I don't know what the hell Wade was doing the other night. He turned into Kobe and forced up ugly shots and wouldn't stop...

Rio was also ball dominating and I'm a little worried about it. Everytime a new PG comes Rio gets a fire lit under his ass and he tries to prove himself and may lead to some issues... But it would be nice if he turns into a 6th man right now.
caliban
NBA TnT Forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 3,231

Post#7 » by caliban » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:55 pm

It's unfortunate but with the roster of today I don't see any other choice. Deng, Wade & Haslem on the floor at the same time is an offensive nightmare for obvious reasons.
20-21 apbrMetrics RMSE Team win projections winner. Three time RMSE runner up
RGM TnT board Team Win predictions winner
Zasterror
RealGM
And1: 10,019

Post#8 » by Zasterror » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:03 pm

Wade has been missing a lot of bunnies these days but he will get himself back in rhythm once Dragic gets the touches and attempts he deserves. Wade said it himself, he needs Dragic to get easy buckets for him for rhythm purposes.
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#9 » by goodboy » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:04 pm

No.
Bright
Xellious
Ballboy

Post#10 » by Xellious » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:08 pm

When we acquired Dragic the focus shifts to him as our primary focus in offense. He will basically the captain of the ship and will do the handling most of the time. He needs an uptempo sort of casts that is why he will be needing 2 guards in it. Although, Deng havent been a pf ever in his career but as agile and long as he is, he can withstand it but by the help of rotational defense specially Whiteside.
Xellious
Ballboy

Post#11 » by Xellious » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:12 pm

And by the way Deng accepted the challenges of becoming a powerforward in the absence of Chris Bosh...

Q Do you think they have legitimate interest for Michael Beasley, knowing he can help score with Bosh out for the season? -- Frank.

A: I am answering a Michael Beasley question because I believe it is a name that at least has to be considered at this stage. But it could come down to where the Heat plan to play Luol Deng, who said he is braced for minutes at power forward, possibly to move into Bosh's role. What the Heat really need is an athletic, scoring wing. I'm not sure if that is Beasley. But I do know that the moment, at least at this moment, is looking too big for James Ennis. He remains a prospect, but the Heat have moved into must-win mode.
Sign5
Head Coach
And1: 9,679

Post#12 » by Sign5 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:14 pm

No thnx Jeff.
Slot Machine
Head Coach
And1: 4,558

Post#13 » by Slot Machine » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:16 pm

One of the worst ideas I've ever heard. No offense to OP, but jesus.
The Bunk wrote:God I hate this fraudulent clown.

I've never wanted to punch someone in the face so badly. Really hoping to run into him at a game one day. I won't hesitate.
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 78,761

Post#14 » by QUIZ » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:24 pm

insfo wrote:lol .. the reason he wanted to leave the Suns was this 3 guard line up .. but yeah, lets see what we can come up with after a few practices.

Not true, in Phoenix when they went to the 3 guard lineup they made him play SF if we did it Dragic could still play the 1 with Chalmers and Wade at the 2 and 3 respectively.
Don’t let us get one. — Nikola Jovic

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,031

Post#15 » by Flash4thewin » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:30 pm

Xellious wrote:And by the way Deng accepted the challenges of becoming a powerforward in the absence of Chris Bosh...

Q Do you think they have legitimate interest for Michael Beasley, knowing he can help score with Bosh out for the season? -- Frank.

A: I am answering a Michael Beasley question because I believe it is a name that at least has to be considered at this stage. But it could come down to where the Heat plan to play Luol Deng, who said he is braced for minutes at power forward, possibly to move into Bosh's role. What the Heat really need is an athletic, scoring wing. I'm not sure if that is Beasley. But I do know that the moment, at least at this moment, is looking too big for James Ennis. He remains a prospect, but the Heat have moved into must-win mode.

Playing out of position has a tendency to lead to injury. With the season we are having its just like asking for it to put Deng at PF. Ask Battier how well he liked playing PF. Deng is smart and is after money, he wont purposely put himself in a situation that will negatively impact his future earning.
insfo
General Manager

Post#16 » by insfo » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:31 pm

qjz123 wrote:

Not true, in Phoenix when they went to the 3 guard lineup they made him play SF if we did it Dragic could still play the 1 with Chalmers and Wade at the 2 and 3 respectively.

Yeah, I get that .. but still seems like a slippery slope. But I'll wait to see it more in games and would love to be wrong and for the 3 guard line up to catch fire.
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#17 » by gom » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:33 pm

Definitely I'm not a fan. The problem we have is in the front court. We don't have to break the rest of everything.

Goran, Chalmers, Napier
Wade, Johnson, Zoran
Deng, Ennis, Walker
Haslem, (Bosh), (McRoberts), ????
Whiteside, Andersen

Even if we get a PF now that can come in, I think Haslem is going to be the starter going forward. The Deng experiment won't work with Ennis at SF. The other two options are Zoran and Walker.

If we get a PF (let's call him Beache), he should play behind Haslem, at least at first.

One possibility though, if Zoran can play as an actual SF (he has height for that):

Goran, Chalmers, Napier
Wade, Johnson (or Chalmers)
Deng, Zoran, Ennis
Haslem, Beache, ????
Whiteside, Andersen

In this case maybe call up Birch instead of Walker. I haven't seen Walker play enough to know what he can do. His D-League stats are interesting.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,859

Post#18 » by KingDavid » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:42 pm

Three guard lineup is horribly bad.

6'4" Wade -very generous measurement IMO
6'2" Chalmers
6'4" Dragic

That is a recipe for disaster and puts unnecessary strain on our players. Think Battier playing the 4 and how that crushed him. The same thing would occur here with Wade playing SF while getting his hamstrings and knees toasted by bigger SFs bodying him.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
Xellious
Ballboy

Post#19 » by Xellious » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:53 pm

Heat style basketball where playing small since Spoelstra took over as our headcoach. We have a very good Center in the middle which is Whiteside so I think having 2 guards and long athletic Deng does make any sense. Just take a good look at league leading Golden State Warriors they play small using Green as pf that only stands 6 foot 7
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by DefenseWins » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:01 pm

This is inevitable but it won't start

You can't start this against star guys lol

Return to Miami Heat