ImageImageImage

3 Starting Guards (Wade, Chalmers, Dragic)

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

cyclix
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,636

Re: 3 Starting Guards (Wade, Chalmers, Dragic) 

Post#21 » by cyclix » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:08 pm

I don't care how good Chalmers has looked these past few games, he shouldn't be starting at all with a backcourt of Wade and Dragic manning the guard positions.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,759

Post#22 » by KingDavid » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:09 pm

Xellious wrote:Heat style basketball where playing small since Spoelstra took over as our headcoach. We have a very good Center in the middle which is Whiteside so I think having 2 guards and long athletic Deng does make any sense. Just take a good look at league leading Golden State Warriors they play small using Green as pf that only stands 6 foot 7

What do the Warriors have to do with us? We can't put Wade at SF, he'll get killed out there like we usually do when we go with 3 guard lineups.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,554

Post#23 » by DefenseWins » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:10 pm

cyclix wrote:I don't care how good Chalmers has looked these past few games, he shouldn't be starting at all with a backcourt of Wade and Dragic manning the guard positions.

It won't start but I can see Spo using it to end games

He did it last time already
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#24 » by KingDavid » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:12 pm

DefenseWins wrote:
cyclix wrote:I don't care how good Chalmers has looked these past few games, he shouldn't be starting at all with a backcourt of Wade and Dragic manning the guard positions.

It won't start but I can see Spo using it to end games

He did it last time already

That's going to hurt us so badly. Think we're bad on defense now? LOL wait for it
#HEATLifer

MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,528

Post#25 » by MettaWorldPanda » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:17 pm

KingDavid wrote:Three guard lineup is horribly bad.

6'4" Wade -very generous measurement IMO
6'2" Chalmers
6'4" Dragic

That is a recipe for disaster and puts unnecessary strain on our players. Think Battier playing the 4 and how that crushed him. The same thing would occur here with Wade playing SF while getting his hamstrings and knees toasted by bigger SFs bodying him.

Thanks for pointing this out KD. Most two guards are 6'4 and up with most being on the higher end of that scale. With Z Dragic and TJ on the roster there should never be a time that we have to go that small. If we go small lets atleast have three 6'4 or 6'5 guards on the floor.
cyclix
Assistant Coach

Post#26 » by cyclix » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:17 pm

And thats why Spo's gotta go. Him and Chalmers gone would make this team better, IMO.
Paz
Analyst
And1: 3,862

Post#27 » by Paz » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:22 pm

Dragic|Chalmers|Wade|Deng|Whiteside

Too small and horrible spacing.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#28 » by KingDavid » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:22 pm

Panda Friend 51 wrote:

6'2" Chalmers
6'4" Dragic

That is a recipe for disaster and puts unnecessary strain on our players. Think Battier playing the 4 and how that crushed him. The same thing would occur here with Wade playing SF while getting his hamstrings and knees toasted by bigger SFs bodying him.

Thanks for pointing this out KD. Most two guards are 6'4 and up with most being on the higher end of that scale. With Z Dragic and TJ on the roster there should never be a time that we have to go that small. If we go small lets atleast have three 6'4 or 6'5 guards on the floor.
I have no problem with 2011 Wade playing SF in spurts. That would work because he was just incredible. This current injury prone Wade? Hell no. We have guards and we have SFs. Use them appropriately. He can push Deng to PF since he has the size but that's another thing that could only work in spurts. Would have to trust Zoran, Walker, and Ennis to hold the fort at SF. I dunno about that. But playing smaller is not the answer and would only lead to more injuries.
#HEATLifer

cyclix
Assistant Coach

Post#29 » by cyclix » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:30 pm

G Dragic
G Wade
F Deng
F McBob
C GODside

MUCH better.
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,554

Post#30 » by DefenseWins » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:55 pm

cyclix wrote:And thats why Spo's gotta go. Him and Chalmers gone would make this team better, IMO.

I'm critical of Spo as much as anyone but we are short of stretch PFs, and he has no choice unless we get a stretch PF out of no where

We gave up 3 stretch PFs as well in the trade but meh I am happy they are gone from the team cause they made us worse anyway. Hamilton also would have been too slow
pr0wler
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,249

Post#31 » by pr0wler » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:55 am

6'2" Chalmers
6'4" Dragic

I'm not saying Wade should play SF full-time or anything, but 6'4'' actually under represents his height. He's almost 6'5''.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/dwyane-wade-4726/
DWadeno3
RealGM
And1: 2,941

Post#32 » by DWadeno3 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:05 am

My starting lineup would be:
C: Whiteside
PF: Walker
SF: Deng
SG: Wade
PG: Dragic

Both Walker and Deng seem to either be strong or long enough to also guard most 4's in the league, while providing much better offensive spacing. It was clear that our offense in part struggled against Philly because they flat out disrespected Haslem and he couldn't make them play. I don't expect Walker to be lights out every night, but at least he'll be a threat the defense will react to. Our lineups with Shawne Williams at PF weren't that bad early on anyways and I think Walker has a better basis to be a solid defensive player, as he seems a little bigger (not taller) and has better lateral quickness.

#HeatLifer
Maroko
Lead Assistant
And1: 11,432

Post#33 » by Maroko » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:40 pm

pr0wler wrote:

6'2" Chalmers
6'4" Dragic

I'm not saying Wade should play SF full-time or anything, but 6'4'' actually under represents his height. He's almost 6'5''.

Hmmm i tried to find your 1st post in the first page, didnt find anything, were you posting with another
Spoiler:
fake
account ? :P

Anyway with that strategy, i can tell you right now you will lose the money you bet for us to win the ECF ! :nod:
Xellious
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#34 » by Xellious » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:04 pm

Maroko wrote:
pr0wler wrote:

6'2" Chalmers
6'4" Dragic

Hmmm i tried to find your 1st post in the first page, didnt find anything, were you posting with another
Spoiler:
fake

Anyway with that strategy, i can tell you right now you will lose the money you bet for us to win the ECF ! :nod:

Do you guys in fans . heat. nba . community forum knows the exact definition of their own opinion means? FYI, opinionated thoughts can never go wrong because there is no right or wrong in an opinion. You guys are the one running that forum and you should be fair enough to understand everyones opinion. Im just saying this because I observe in your forum, you guys just want to block every ppl you want to block without talking to them which is very disrespectful and hindering this so called freedom of speech. You guys should be ashamed of yourself of having your own personal interests instead of making Heat community better by letting others say whatever their opinion is.
Maroko
Lead Assistant
And1: 11,432

Post#35 » by Maroko » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:25 pm

Xellious wrote:
Maroko wrote:
pr0wler wrote:

Spoiler:
fake

Do you guys in fans . heat. nba . community forum knows the exact definition of their own opinion means? FYI, opinionated thoughts can never go wrong because there is no right or wrong in an opinion. You guys are the one running that forum and you should be fair enough to understand everyones opinion. Im just saying this because I observe in your forum, you guys just want to block every ppl you want to block without talking to them which is very disrespectful and hindering this so called freedom of speech. You guys should be ashamed of yourself of having your own personal interests instead of making Heat community better by letting others say whatever their opinion is.

Did someone delete your thread ?
So when you say something, we have to agree with you even if we dont like your idea, is that your idea of the Freedom of Speech ?

Funny that i quote you with your fake account and you respond with the other one :P

I have the right to say it's an horrible idea and it wont work for us !
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#36 » by KingDavid » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:26 pm

pr0wler wrote:

6'2" Chalmers
6'4" Dragic

No, it doesn't. I live in Miami and have met Wade on different occasions. I'm 6'6 1/2". If he's 6'5", then I'm 6'8". His wingspan and ginormous hands fool everyone.

You've never heard Lebron crack jokes on his height?
#HEATLifer

Xellious
Ballboy

Post#37 » by Xellious » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:33 pm

Well it doesnt necessarily mean your team will ultimately lose when you use put lesser height for speedy offense. If you take a look back when Phoenix have had lesser height starters having Marion 6'7" @ PF, Joe Johnson 6'7" @ SF, Richardson 6'5" @SG, Nash 6'1" @ PG, Stoudemirw 6"10" @ C, they were able to beat legitimate tall teams. My point is, Heat are running small ball since Spoelstra took as Heat's headcoach and he did some studies how to win as a small group so I think in my own opinion "disrespectful" Moroco, even if Heat play small ball they have legitimate chance to beat opponents.
Xellious
Ballboy

Post#38 » by Xellious » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:40 pm

Maroko wrote:
Xellious wrote:
Maroko wrote:
Spoiler:
fake

Did someone delete your thread ?
So when you say something, we have to agree with you even if we dont like your idea, is that your idea of the Freedom of Speech ?

Funny that i quote you with your fake account and you respond with the other one :P

I have the right to say it's an horrible idea and it wont work for us !

That is the point right there. It doesnt necessarily mean you dont like my post you impose that you are right because your belief and my belief are different and there is no wrong or right in that matter and why the hell you guys are being so disrespectful and controlling other beliefs and blocking them. That site is for every Heat fan and you guys are depriving each and everyone their own beliefs. You should be ashamed of yourself of twisted thoughts because that site should be for the people and not by you all admins in that site.
Xellious
Ballboy

Post#39 » by Xellious » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:45 pm

Point of this argument is you should change your sites name because it is not really intended for Heat fans. It just a bunch of A holes community who doesnt give a damn what heat fans believe in.

*No need for insults. Check your PM's please.
--heat4life
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#40 » by KingDavid » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:47 pm

Xellious wrote:Well it doesnt necessarily mean your team will ultimately lose when you use put lesser height for speedy offense. If you take a look back when Phoenix have had lesser height starters having Marion 6'7" @ PF, Joe Johnson 6'7" @ SF, Richardson 6'5" @SG, Nash 6'1" @ PG, Stoudemirw 6"10" @ C, they were able to beat legitimate tall teams. My point is, Heat are running small ball since Spoelstra took as Heat's headcoach and he did some studies how to win as a small group so I think in my own opinion "disrespectful" Moroco, even if Heat play small ball they have legitimate chance to beat opponents.

That's not undersized at all. Aside from Nash, those were all incredibly athletic players in their primes. They kept getting spanked by taller teams in the playoffs and never got to the Finals though. JJ is 6'7" at SF is not undersized and Marion @ PF was a great fit for him. He was a very effective defender at PF. Wade is not an effective defender at this stage in his career at SF and is terribly undersized.

Teams don't win anything playing with three guards.
#HEATLifer

Return to Miami Heat