ImageImageImage

Blatche good replacement for Bosh!?!

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

Temuhjan
Sixth Man
And1: 321

Re: Blatche good replacement for Bosh!?! 

Post#41 » by Temuhjan » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:43 am

I_amWEB wrote:
yungsin1 wrote:Blatche is wayyyyyyyyyy better than Lewis

Oh yea I know that, but Blatche can make more money signing in China than from what the Heat can offer him.

Well.. it is post season in China and Blatche's team did not make it. The fact Blatche signs and plays with us for the next 3 months is not going to compromise his new season in China. Plus, if he proves himself enough, he may get a MLE offer from a NBA team this summer and that's better than playing in China.

In order words, Blache can both have the cake and eat it if he wants. Sweet!!
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,031

Post#42 » by Flash4thewin » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:56 am

Temuhjan wrote:
I_amWEB wrote:
yungsin1 wrote:Blatche is wayyyyyyyyyy better than Lewis

Oh yea I know that, but Blatche can make more money signing in China than from what the Heat can offer him.

Well.. it is post season in China and Blatche's team did not make it. The fact Blatche signs and plays with us for the next 3 months is not going to compromise his new season in China. Plus, if he proves himself enough, he may get a MLE offer from a NBA team this summer and that's better than playing in China.

You are asking Blatche to risk his future for the min when we can offer more but wont because of the tax. One injury and his multy year offer is off the table in China. If you were his agent would you advise him to risk his guarantied contract for the min?
Temuhjan
Sixth Man
And1: 321

Post#43 » by Temuhjan » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:58 am

Flash4thewin wrote:
Temuhjan wrote:
I_amWEB wrote:Oh yea I know that, but Blatche can make more money signing in China than from what the Heat can offer him.

You are asking Blatche to risk his future for the min when we can offer more but wont because of the tax. One injury and his multy year offer is off the table in China. If you were his agent would you advise him to risk his guarantied contract for the min?

The Commies do not offer multi-year contracts to our players unless his name is Stephon Marbury.
dancing2thabeet
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,681

Post#44 » by dancing2thabeet » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:10 am

Temuhjan wrote:
dancing2thabeet wrote:You guys 100 % sure that Quincy Miller isn't getting waived?

I would loved to see the kid fall onto our laps. He brings more firepower as well as more upside than Blatche. We will know if his 10-day contract get renewed by Detroit next week.

Oh, I didn't know he was on a 10 day. Let's hope Pistons like Shawne Williams more. :lol:
orphicwhip wrote:
goodboy wrote:Man I got the flu, still will watch my team play though.

McBob shares the same mentality.
ndnow
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,010

Post#45 » by ndnow » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:01 pm

I'd imagine Riley is looking for the best PF prospect who can play the pick and roll and spread the floor, with Whiteside we have leniency on defense.
yungsin1
Junior
And1: 570

Post#46 » by yungsin1 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:05 pm

dancing2thabeet wrote:
Temuhjan wrote:
dancing2thabeet wrote:You guys 100 % sure that Quincy Miller isn't getting waived?

I would loved to see the kid fall onto our laps. He brings more firepower as well as more upside than Blatche. We will know if his 10-day contract get renewed by Detroit next week.

Oh, I didn't know he was on a 10 day. Let's hope Pistons like Shawne Williams more. :lol:

I didn't know he was on a 10 day either. How tall is Miller? I still might want Blatche more tho....
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#47 » by gom » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:07 pm

yungsin1 wrote:
dancing2thabeet wrote:
Temuhjan wrote:I would loved to see the kid fall onto our laps. He brings more firepower as well as more upside than Blatche. We will know if his 10-day contract get renewed by Detroit next week.

I didn't know he was on a 10 day either. How tall is Miller? I still might want Blatche more tho....

Miller is 6'9", 210 lbs.

He is not as big, strong, or fast as some other choices, but he has better ball handling skills, seems to be athletic (even after the injury), and has a fine shot. I vastly prefer him to Blatche, although Blatche also has size and strength and experience to play center. We have a pretty serious problem if a center goes down.

In any case, if Miller becomes available, just because of his talent, we need to pounce on him. It's like getting another chance in the draft (same thing with Thomas Robinson - if the 76ers waive him).
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#48 » by gom » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:08 pm

ndnow wrote:I'd imagine Riley is looking for the best PF prospect who can play the pick and roll and spread the floor, with Whiteside we have leniency on defense.

Everyone must be able to play defense.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^

Return to Miami Heat