ImageImageImage

Dwyane Wade this Offseason

Prince Ali
Veteran
And1: 3,507

Re: Dwyane Wade this Offseason 

Post#141 » by Prince Ali » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:35 pm

seminoles1993 wrote:yeah his offseason is filled with fashion shows as always. You get what you work for and his work ethic has been questionable during the offseason for the last couple of years. I though maybe this is the year where hell leave the fashions shows and book signings and product advertisement crap but it seems to him his life-after-bball is more important than his career for the last couple of years. I know Ill get **** load of hate for this but I one of his biggest fans but wish his work ethic and drive mirrored that of a kobe bryant.

they wont hear you though.
DWadeno3
RealGM
And1: 2,941

Post#142 » by DWadeno3 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:29 pm

DayofMourning wrote:
DWadeno3 wrote:Wade is not satisfied, otherwise he wouldn't go through the pain of still trying to suit up and play at a high level every night. People have to realize that a chain of events was started when his meniscus was removed and that he now has to work extremely hard just to be able to be on the court relatively pain free. Get a grip and understand that for a second before you trash him.

I agree with this. He is just not physically capable of playing the game like he was before. Those knees are crucial to your success, and he has a chronic injury in one of them. I don't expect to see Wade play full seasons any more. I'm a proponent of lowering his minutes even more, so that we can maximize his impact in games. Hopefully that will increase his impact overall, in these last years of his.

I think his minutes are fine, there are two other factors I think are necessary:

A) An appropriate full-time backup for Wade a la Ray Allen during the Big Three era.

B) a lowered USG%. Wade was doing well efficiency wise prior to the ASB, but it just pummeled from there on out because our other big gun was out and too many possessions ran through him. I think Wade can give you his 21-22 PPG and 4-5 APG on less USG%. It seemed the ball was in his hands a lot but he had too many "empty" possessions as in no field goal or assist resulting form it. With Bosh back, that should automatically be the case though.

#HeatLifer
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,859

Post#143 » by KingDavid » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:13 pm

DWadeno3 wrote:
seminoles1993 wrote:yeah his offseason is filled with fashion shows as always. You get what you work for and his work ethic has been questionable during the offseason for the last couple of years. I though maybe this is the year where hell leave the fashions shows and book signings and product advertisement crap but it seems to him his life-after-bball is more important than his career for the last couple of years. I know Ill get **** load of hate for this but I one of his biggest fans but wish his work ethic and drive mirrored that of a kobe bryant.

Attending off-court events does not prevent you from working hard on your basketball career. Kobe Bryant does it as well, mostly because amongst other things, they're contractually obligated to appear at certain events. Do you know Wade that well personally that you can claim his work ethic isn't good enough? I know, because it was reported, that he came into camp in great shape last season, that's all that matters to me. The sooner you accept that, no matter how hard he works, he'll have knee issues and miss plenty of games for the rest of his career, the better it'll be for you.

I think he's talking about Wade's 3pt shot. Which is a fair discussion point.

His FT% went through the roof post ASB! I was mostly happy with wade this season, given all that has happened....and 30+ fkn starting lineups. It's incredible that we were still that close to making the playoffs in spite of it all.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
seminoles1993
Pro Prospect
And1: 130

Post#144 » by seminoles1993 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:45 pm

KingDavid wrote:
DWadeno3 wrote:

Attending off-court events does not prevent you from working hard on your basketball career. Kobe Bryant does it as well, mostly because amongst other things, they're contractually obligated to appear at certain events. Do you know Wade that well personally that you can claim his work ethic isn't good enough? I know, because it was reported, that he came into camp in great shape last season, that's all that matters to me. The sooner you accept that, no matter how hard he works, he'll have knee issues and miss plenty of games for the rest of his career, the better it'll be for you.

I think he's talking about Wade's 3pt shot. Which is a fair discussion point.

His FT% went through the roof post ASB! I was mostly happy with wade this season, given all that has happened....and 30+ fkn starting lineups. It's incredible that we were still that close to making the playoffs in spite of it all.

Yeah Im talking aabout his 3point shot and his jumper but thats improved this year. I remember last year he couldnt buy a J. But like i said I wish he would put in hard work to fix his 3pt shot. Many guys in the NBA came into the league couldnt shoot are very good shooters, just look at tony parker and Kawhi leonard. I am tired of seeing him passing up wiiiide open 3s after 3s to drive in the congested paint. DEveloping a 3 pt shot would make the defense honest and help the spacing.
RJM
General Manager
And1: 2,266

Post#145 » by RJM » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:36 pm

DWadeno3 wrote:

To be fair, I don't think I've ever heard about Kobe Bryant coming into training camp in anything less than midseason form (like Wade did the season after his awesome 08-09 comeback campaign), and he too has had knee surgery at least once in his career.

We've seen how round Wade's face has gotten from time to time, and we all know that isn't muscle. Granted, it didn't have to do with [Kobe's] meniscus being removed, but I think it deserves to be mentioned for the sake of argument.
Dupas
Analyst
And1: 1,860

Post#146 » by Dupas » Fri May 1, 2015 9:33 pm

You go to work and you have fun. You work on your vacacions? Cmon its more life than bball. You are really putting a guy that averaged what he did this season with 33 year and one knee? Roflmao quit it guys.
JesusHCoxMd
Analyst
And1: 2,528

Post#147 » by JesusHCoxMd » Tue May 5, 2015 1:33 pm

Needs to work on jumpers. He still is more athletic than most of the NBA and can really go off in certain games. But he shouldn't stress his body during regular season as much.

Return to Miami Heat