ImageImageImage

Dwyane Wade this Offseason

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

nick89
Ballboy
And1: 2

Dwyane Wade this Offseason 

Post#1 » by nick89 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:51 pm

Seriously I love d-wade but this offseason he needs to go and find himself a jump shot guru, someone he has never worked with before and is not afraid to lay the law down to him and he needs to develop a consist jump shot and 3 point shot.

Seriously there have been far worse jump shooters than dwyane when the started like Jason Kidd and they worked on it and it can/will/does provide longevity to a career e.g Kidd and look at Vince carter how much longer he played on due to a jump shot.

If Dwyane does not do something about this during the summer, he will be a non factor in this league within the next two season he will hit 35 and have little to no value as his athleticism/ explosiveness and fitness all seem to be detoriating anyways.

I guess it is just hard to see Dwyane how he is now he relied so much on his athleticism early in his career that his lack of jump shot development is really killing him in his later part of his career.
Heat_Fan_87
RealGM
And1: 22,412

Re: Dwyane Wade this Offseason 

Post#2 » by Heat_Fan_87 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:56 pm

this gets said every offseason, and every offseason wade is buys doing ****, like going to china, and doing publicity stuff. But yea, our team would be sooooo much better if wade was a 40% 3pt shooter
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,197

Post#3 » by Heat3 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:59 pm

This is his 12th season....in 2 years he might be retired. He doesn't need a three point shot. Just play his old man game and NOT take stupid 3s.
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

DWadeno3
RealGM
And1: 2,941

Post#4 » by DWadeno3 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:01 pm

His midrange jumper was good prior to the ASB, even the three ball wasn't terrible when he limited his amounts and didn't just chuck 'em away like he currently does. It really pisses me off when every time Wade struggles, the stupid discussion of him relying on his athleticism (really, look at his play in the past couple of years, he's gone below the rim a lot with his game) in his better days comes up. Wade is an incredibly skilled player, that has never been the problem.

The sole issue of his is his reliability. Not only the team has to adjust to him constantly missing time, but he himself has to as well. There's nothing worse for a player than constantly being in and out of the lineup with various ailments. Wade will never be a non-factor in this league, he's far too good of a basketball player for that. But we'll simply have to realize that we'll only have him for 50-65 games a season and that he'll have stretches where he struggles due to constantly being out.

#HeatLifer
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,247

Post#5 » by twix2500 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:03 pm

I know people harping on him taking three's as if he gonna become Kyle Korver in the offseason. Ill take todays old Wade over the old Jason shooting Kidd. I like that he is getting in the post more, didnt do it last game thou.
Paz
Analyst
And1: 3,864

Post#6 » by Paz » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:08 pm

Wade's shot woes come from leg conditioning. He isn't able to get enough under the ball. That's why you see it clanking the front of the rim every shot. When he forces the issue to get under the ball, his accuracy takes a hit. He needs to get back to his roots and take a cycle of HGH. That would be lovely.

PS. This didn't need it's own thread. Dwayne Wade's shooting issues are ubiquitous and don't need a spotlight.
Sc0pe92
Sixth Man
And1: 597

Post#7 » by Sc0pe92 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:13 pm

Keep doubting wade...SMH
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#8 » by IggieCC » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:16 pm

Worry about offseason in offseaon :wink:
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#9 » by goodboy » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:20 pm

Its not about doubting Wade, we can criticize, sure. Main point is that he should NOT take shots that he's not good at, alas 3pointers.
He should stick to his post-game, and shoot lights out when he's hot. He may be still fresh off the injury-break he had as well, so its why his shot hasn't been falling recently.

Last night Wade was a great-player maker (still had silly turnovers but with 8 assists) and should have stuck to it besides forcing shots, he was doing really good going hard to the post though and should have done that besides jumpers/3's.
Bright
cyclix
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,636

Post#10 » by cyclix » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:20 pm

Sc0pe92 wrote:Keep doubting wade...SMH
Just like these so called Heat fans were doubting Riley early in season, and then he put em to sleep. So will Wade
Bourne85
General Manager
And1: 9,066

Post#11 » by Bourne85 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:35 pm

Meh Wade will be fine. Has been terrible lately. But he will figure it out.

I think his ego is the main problem. He differed to Lebron, doesn't want to defer to Dragic now. But he should. Dragic can prolong wades career. Just get in the post man, floaters, short mid range shots etc,
DWadeno3
RealGM
And1: 2,941

Post#12 » by DWadeno3 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:45 pm

Bourne85 wrote:Meh Wade will be fine. Has been terrible lately. But he will figure it out.

I think his ego is the main problem. He differed to Lebron, doesn't want to defer to Dragic now. But he should. Dragic can prolong wades career. Just get in the post man, floaters, short mid range shots etc,

If his ego was a problem, he wouldn't have deferred to anybody in the first place.

#HeatLifer
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,554

Post#13 » by DefenseWins » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:50 pm

This dude bout to retire and only good for 55 games a year...

He needs to stick to what he knows and stop forcing, I don't get why he forces and tries to be like Kobe when everyone else is doing fine.

What he needs to do this offseason is stay in shape, and convince Dragic to stay even more and that's a successful offseason lmao
3ballbomber
General Manager
And1: 10,027

Post#14 » by 3ballbomber » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:49 pm

really? in your first and only post? is this coach nick w/ the lipth?
Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Built the right way. Play the right way. Win the right way . .

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
Shewasfly
Head Coach
And1: 11,752

Post#15 » by Shewasfly » Sun Mar 1, 2015 12:46 am

I wish people hadn't said so early on that Wade doesn't need to get a 3 point shot. He does and he still needs to, especially at this stage in his career. If he's going to be so lazy and not try to attack the paint, he does need to stretch the defense and be a constant threat from there.

The thing that's annoying about the way people talk about Wade though, is that they have these incredibly high expectations for him whenever they notice he is slumping (even just for 3 games after having been out for a month prior). But then he doesn't get the type of credit for being as good as someone who has those type of expectations put on him. So its kind of a lose-lose for him. He will have expectations put on him to go out and produce like a LeBron, but he will never get credit like LeBron gets when he does reach and exceed those expectations.
:tiredJB:
thinktellectual
Rookie
And1: 726

Post#16 » by thinktellectual » Sun Mar 1, 2015 1:37 am

Heat3 wrote:This is his 12th season....in 2 years he might be retired. He doesn't need a three point shot. Just play his old man game and NOT take stupid 3s.

He might not need it, but this team does.
People still don't understand how important 3p shooting is, not just because it gives you 50% more points, but because it creates a ton of spacing.

Just look at the spacing in today's game:

You have 5 defenders that are basically in the paint, ready to kill any penetration.

If Wade had a respectable 3p shot (33-35% would be great), his defender wouldn't be in position to help on Dragic's penetration.
And if Deng was in the corner (where the X is) instead of almost in the paint himself, his man should also stay further away from the paint. This would leave Dragic with only one guy to beat, which he can easily do. But in this case he saw there was no space, so he had to pull up at the FT line for a jumper.

Anyone that understands basketball beyond "the team with the most points wins" should understand how important the 3p shot it. No, really, for all the 3p shots made by the opponent you have to make 50% more shots if you're not also making 3's.

Anybody thinks it's a coincidence that the best 3p shooting teams in the NBA are the best teams in the NBA ?
The Hawks and Warriors lead the NBA in 3p%.

The best 3p shooting team in 2014 ?
The champions: the Spurs.

2013's champions ?
2nd in 3p shooting. The Spurs were 4th.

Do you see a pattern here ?
Sure, there's more than 3p shooting, but nobody can deny 3p shooting is extremely important for success.
3ballbomber
General Manager
And1: 10,027

Post#17 » by 3ballbomber » Sun Mar 1, 2015 9:04 am

I dunno........he's j's are trash, he's hesitating on 3's and to my knowledge is not working on them.....hell even Haslem is workin' on that corner 3.......c'mon Wade, it's your later years you gotta incorporate new things into your bag of tricks.
Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Built the right way. Play the right way. Win the right way . .

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
krikor
Veteran
And1: 723

Post#18 » by krikor » Sun Mar 1, 2015 10:04 am

Unfortunately he will only get worse from here on. Old wade will never be back , its damn shame..because with prime wade this team would be in top three in the conference. We got very good deal of role players around.
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager
And1: 8,311

Post#19 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Mon Mar 2, 2015 2:24 am

I remember hearing this talk in 2005, 2006, 2007.
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager
And1: 8,311

Post#20 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Mon Mar 2, 2015 2:25 am

krikor wrote:Unfortunately he will only get worse from here on. Old wade will never be back , its damn shame..because with prime wade this team would be in top three in the conference. We got very good deal of role players around.

Prime Wade, and this team is #1 in the East.
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016

Return to Miami Heat