ImageImageImage

MIA @ WAS - 7:00PM - MARCH 6TH

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,554

Re: MIA @ WAS - 7:00PM - MARCH 6TH 

Post#921 » by DefenseWins » Sat Mar 7, 2015 3:38 am

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxP1PKB0PtY[/youtube]

ugh you can hear this ****
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,703

Post#922 » by DayofMourning » Sat Mar 7, 2015 3:39 am

qjz123 wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:We have the 12th worst record in the league now. Maybe keeping our pick isn't so unrealistic. I don't even want to go that route now. We have plenty of players on this team, we need to figure it out with what we have now. If we keep on switching up lineups, then we aren't going to make the playoffs. If that happens, then I truly hope we were dedicated to getting there, and learn from this.

We need to be bottom 7 to guarantee a top 10 pick. The 7th worst team is Detroit and they're 4 games behind us. Detroit's lost 5 straight getting there would be very difficult unless we benched everyone which wouldn't sit well with Dragic he wants to compete. On top of that even if we do get the 10th pick who do you want from the draft? Is there anybody at the 10 spot that would be a difference maker here?

The bolded is my opinion based on what we have now. We have Whiteside, Bosh, and McBob at the power spots, so we don't need a lot of help there. If we we kept our pick, then we'd be looking for a guard, a Wade replacement, or backup, down the road. The only guy I even like for our team would be Hezonja. He could be a top six or seven pick.

Ugh, this team doesn't need the draft as much as it needs some vampire's blood or something to deal with all these injuries.
Lord Hades
RealGM
And1: 7,281

Post#923 » by Lord Hades » Sat Mar 7, 2015 3:41 am

Jesus, you all need to stop this 'tank' bull****. It's not going to happen.
"We've proven that we can do it and we'll do it again."
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#924 » by DefenseWins » Sat Mar 7, 2015 3:41 am

h[tweet]ttps://twitter.com/PBPjasonlieser/status/574049775215054848[/tweet]

that 1st quarter mang lmao
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#925 » by DayofMourning » Sat Mar 7, 2015 3:43 am

DefenseWins wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxP1PKB0PtY[/youtube]

ugh you can hear this ****

How is it even possible that he keeps falling so hard on his back? The curse is real.
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#926 » by DefenseWins » Sat Mar 7, 2015 3:44 am

Lord Hades wrote:Jesus, you all need to stop this 'tank' bull****. It's not going to happen.

if you look at our schedule, we can tank without even trying. We can't beat teams about .500... Suns had to have their 2 best players tossed out (albeit Hassan got tossed but we have Wade/Dragic).
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#927 » by gom » Sat Mar 7, 2015 3:45 am

Sign5 wrote:
KingDavid wrote:Ninth place...and half our team is hurt? Tank.

I wonder if we can upgrade our fans in the draft. I just saw a bunch of kids work their asses off to get a win. It didn't come, but it didn't mean they are losers.

Tough loss. Tough season. Some of you have to revisit Riley's words before season:

“We’re going to compete with everybody else to win a world championship,” said Riley. “We’re not going into this thing next year with this roster thinking that there’s anything less than that. That’s just the way I am as a man, and the way I coach and the way I manage.”

Jul 31, 2014
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#928 » by DefenseWins » Sat Mar 7, 2015 3:45 am

atleast we didnt have a turd quarter? we scored 34 in the 3rd... lol...
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#929 » by gom » Sat Mar 7, 2015 3:50 am

We did it without Wade and Deng (and Bosh and McRoberts) and without Dragic for most of the run. Whiteside was also not in for much of the game. If you all can't give credit where it's due, then you really don't deserve this team. They were playing for their pride and some (like Shabazz for example) really came through. I'm not going to criticize the last few possessions except to say that the game was in our hands. We let them win. It was a terrible finish but we were 35 points down, so I'm going to stfu.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
Sign5
Head Coach
And1: 9,662

Post#930 » by Sign5 » Sat Mar 7, 2015 3:50 am

Lord Hades wrote:Jesus, you all need to stop this 'tank' bull****. It's not going to happen.

No one legitimately wants to tank, we ALL want this team to go on to the playoffs and upset whoever we face. However, you have to look at the present situation and all angles of what we're dealing with atm.

We're currently 9th

- Dragic is injured

-Wade is injured

- We have a pretty tough schedule remaining.

To be honest they can "tank" without trying if Dragic and Wade are out for more than 2 games, the WORST thing for them to do is not make the playoffs and not have our pick either. That would be crushing.

Hinges on when Dragic returns, this won't be the last game Wade misses for a "sore hip".
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#931 » by goodboy » Sat Mar 7, 2015 3:50 am

only if nba had a 5th quarter (NOT OT) we could have blew them out in that quarter :D
Bright
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#932 » by DefenseWins » Sat Mar 7, 2015 3:54 am

gom wrote:We did it without Wade and Deng (and Bosh and McRoberts) and without Dragic for most of the run. Whiteside was also not in for much of the game. If you all can't give credit where it's due, then you really don't deserve this team. They were playing for their pride and some (like Shabazz for example) really came through. I'm not going to criticize the last few possessions except to say that the game was in our hands. We let them win. It was a terrible finish but we were 35 points down, so I'm going to stfu.

Dragic sparked the run by himself in the 3rd. This might have been his best game as a heat player if he didnt go down, you can see he was heating up. Sucks, but oh well.

He got it to I believe 17 when he went down.

Napier was amazing though.... hitting those 3 3's in a row was AMAZING!
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#933 » by DefenseWins » Sat Mar 7, 2015 3:54 am

Sign5 wrote:

No one legitimately wants to tank, we ALL want this team to go on to the playoffs and upset whoever we face. However, you have to look at the present situation and all angles of what we're dealing with atm.

We're currently 9th

- Dragic is injured

-Wade is injured

- We have a pretty tough schedule remaining.

To be honest they can "tank" without trying if Dragic and Wade are out for more than 2 games, the WORST thing for them to do is not make the playoffs and not have our pick either. That would be crushing.

Hinges on when Dragic returns, this won't be the last game Wade misses for a "sore hip".

don't forget Bosh and McBob out for season

We're one legit injury away, not ailments, away from tanking without even trying. Bruh...
Sign5
Head Coach
And1: 9,662

Post#934 » by Sign5 » Sat Mar 7, 2015 3:56 am

gom wrote:
Sign5 wrote:
KingDavid wrote:Ninth place...and half our team is hurt? Tank.

I wonder if we can upgrade our fans in the draft. I just saw a bunch of kids work their asses off to get a win. It didn't come, but it didn't mean they are losers.

Tough loss. Tough season. Some of you have to revisit Riley's words before season:

“We’re going to compete with everybody else to win a world championship,” said Riley. “We’re not going into this thing next year with this roster thinking that there’s anything less than that. That’s just the way I am as a man, and the way I coach and the way I manage.”

Jul 31, 2014
There's nothing outrageous in what I posted when accounting for our present circumstance. Every Heat fan wants the Heat to make the playoffs, however NO ONE wants us to miss the playoffs AND miss out on our pick. You have to look at all angles even the tough ones. I'm prepared for both situations though, I really just want to fast-forward to next season. So many ups-downs that I've become numb to any sudden injury now.
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#935 » by DefenseWins » Sat Mar 7, 2015 3:57 am

also I believe Beasley was at Center this game :lol:

GAH! I want those last 2 possessions back.
Rapaz
RealGM
And1: 39,224

Post#936 » by Rapaz » Sat Mar 7, 2015 3:58 am

SPOELSTRA

Why did Whiteside play so little?
“Basically the guys out there earned those minutes. It’s not anything more than that, and I’m not going to make it anything bigger than that. The game was turning with those guys out there, so we kept them in there.”

Is there a problem with Whiteside’s attitude?

“He’ll be fine. He understands what our culture is. That exchange is a head coach talking to his player and coaching his player. We have an opportunity now to get the heck out of here and prepare for a big game tomorrow.”

There are character issues arising with Whiteside lately (referencing his ejection Monday and technical fouls in each of the last three games).

“I don’t know. How dramatic can you be right now?”

He was pouting on the bench.

“You’re looking way too much into that instead of the game that was going on. He was very good in the last game and he has an opportunity to get after it again tomorrow.”

WHITESIDE

What did the coaching staff tell you about not playing late?
“They didn’t say nothing to me.”

What was your conversation with Spoelstra in the first quarter?
“It was just regular coach stuff. It wasn’t an incident or anything. It was him just talking about a play or something.”

A lot of guys were cheering at the end, but you weren’t.
“I was cheering. I don’t know what you want me to do, dance? But we’re down. I’m gonna cheer as much as I can.”

Were you upset about your play?

“I played the way I always play. They wasn’t missing any shots when I was in, so there wasn’t much to rebound. I was playing like I normally play.”

http://heatzone.blog.palmbeachpost.com/ ... ashington/
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#937 » by DayofMourning » Sat Mar 7, 2015 3:59 am

Tanking is obviously evil. So don't support tanking. However, some fans may have to come to embrace the idea that every other player on this team will somehow get injured and prevent us from reaching the playoffs, and therefore we should hope to keep our draft pick in order to maximize our assets.
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#938 » by goodboy » Sat Mar 7, 2015 4:00 am

No matter what, the tank rolls on this season, even with our two major assets in Dragic/Whiteside

Pros of tanking right now are;

- Resting basically all our important players (literally all our top players in Wade/Dragic/Whiteside/Deng/McBob and of course CB is already)
- Getting a pick
- Our rooks excelling on the playing time given in the last remains of this season (Nap/TJ/Ennis)

Pros for NOT tanking are;

- Pride, Heat are too good for that ish.
- Maybe pulling an upset in the first round, (If healthy enough lol)
- McBob maybe would return and can fill in the 4 position well in the absence of CB.
- Dragic's' free agency decision should smooth out more.

Realistically I don't see this team going as far as ECF, so tanking is a smarter choice.

I still think we will make the post-season though with the last 8th seed, I don't know, gut feeling. Either way... I just hope we don't lose out on a pick and not making it into the playoffs.
Bright
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#939 » by DefenseWins » Sat Mar 7, 2015 4:02 am

damn you COle! couldnt beat Boston!

Atleast nets lost...
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#940 » by DefenseWins » Sat Mar 7, 2015 4:04 am

I thought Wade should have made an appearance in there man to troll lol....... he was suited up smh. Would have been funny

Return to Miami Heat