ImageImageImage

I Want The Cavs Round 1....

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,554

Re: I Want The Cavs Round 1.... 

Post#21 » by DefenseWins » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:22 pm

Sign5 wrote:
DefenseWins wrote:I remember when the Bucks would always beat us that one year, I bet they thought they could beat us too, only to be swept come post season time

We arent beating anyone in a top seed if we dont have 3 point shooting, consistency, health. We need Bosh for that ****

I would want to face Cavs next year tho, our squad will be better and I think we match up well.

But this year? Please stop being cocky. We were just talking about tanking, come on

This after one game, everyone thinks the Heat are world-beaters. Let's get at least a friggin 3 game win streak before talking about upsetting a 2nd seed team.

We havent beaten .500 and over teams much either, we are 4-14 since last christmas vs .500 teams, i think both teams have been the cavs too, i dont remember their record when we faced them

Suddenly after one game we can beat anyone in a 7 game series? I admire the homerism for a team 6 games under .500 with 16 games left
xMADEinDADEx
Head Coach
And1: 3,427

Post#22 » by xMADEinDADEx » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:22 pm

qjz123 wrote:Why not? If I had to choose between the Hawks and the Cavs I'd choose the Cavs.

Pass that good stuff you're smoking. Give me the hawks.
Formerly known as G-Menn..
xMADEinDADEx
Head Coach

Post#23 » by xMADEinDADEx » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:24 pm

Threads like this make me laugh.
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 78,750

Post#24 » by QUIZ » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:33 pm

xMADEinDADEx wrote:
qjz123 wrote:Why not? If I had to choose between the Hawks and the Cavs I'd choose the Cavs.

Do you watch the Hawks? For all intents and purposes we shouldn't stand a chance against the Cavs or the Hawks but the Hawks play great defense. They love to pack the paint and we can't shoot 3's so theres nothing we can do about it. The Cav's defense on the other hand can be exploited. They're a bad defensive team in transition and in the half court, 3 of their starters are subpar defensively. No ones smoking anything. It's called matchups those things matter in the NBA. Just because I'd rather play the Cavs doesn't mean I think they're worse then the Hawks.
Don’t let us get one. — Nikola Jovic

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
xMADEinDADEx
Head Coach

Post#25 » by xMADEinDADEx » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:40 pm

qjz123 wrote:
xMADEinDADEx wrote:

Do you watch the Hawks? For all intents and purposes we shouldn't stand a chance against the Cavs or the Hawks but the Hawks play great defense. They love to pack the paint and we can't shoot 3's so theres nothing we can do about it. The Cav's defense on the other hand can be exploited. They're a bad defensive team in transition and in the half court, 3 of their starters are subpar defensively. No ones smoking anything. It's called matchups those things matter in the NBA. Just because I'd rather play the Cavs doesn't mean I think they're worse then the Hawks.

Idk, if i learned one thing from watching thr nba for over 15 years its that playoffs and regular season are two completely different things. Teams that click during the reg season, completely fall off during the post season.

The only consistent thing are stars production, which may also rise to the occasion . like a wade, Shaq, Jordan, lebron, etc

I refuse to acknowledge what the hawks do now and assume things will be the same when everyone has the same amount of rest and stars face against the same defense for best of 7 series.

Time will tell. But I'd rather go against hawks than face off against playoff lebron.. At least in the first round..
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#26 » by goodboy » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:42 pm

Prince Ali wrote:
cyclix wrote:Miami just doesn't have the bench or consistent 3-PT shooting to compete with the Cavs in the first round. Lets not deceive ourselves.

Let's not deceive ourselves. If you are good enough to beat a team 2 of 3 times in the regular season you sure as hell stand the chance to beat them 4 of 7. Right or wrong?

Regular season wins mean jack ****. Nets sweeped us not long ago during the RS, 4-0 or something as well as other teams. Playoffs is a whole new atmosphere.
Bright
xMADEinDADEx
Head Coach

Post#27 » by xMADEinDADEx » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:46 pm

HeatWillRise wrote:
Prince Ali wrote:
cyclix wrote:Miami just doesn't have the bench or consistent 3-PT shooting to compete with the Cavs in the first round. Lets not deceive ourselves.

Let's not deceive ourselves. If you are good enough to beat a team 2 of 3 times in the regular season you sure as hell stand the chance to beat them 4 of 7. Right or wrong?

Regular season wins mean jack ****. Nets sweeped us not long ago during the RS, 4-0 or something as well as other teams. Playoffs is a whole new atmosphere.

Yup. Bulls also in 2010.
Thunder in 2011.
I believe cavs destroyed the Celtics prior to the big 3 and got owned in the playoffs against the same team.

Every goddamn year people make the same damn mistake.
Rs means absolutely nothing except for playoff seeding.
xMADEinDADEx
Head Coach

Post#28 » by xMADEinDADEx » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:47 pm

I mean plenty of stars have said it themselves where the rs is like a marathon. Why would we take the regular season for something its not.

Playoffs is where all teams are focused. Different ballgame.
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,554

Post#29 » by DefenseWins » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:48 pm

xMADEinDADEx wrote:

Hawks have too much ball movement, wouldnt want them. Ball movement is our kryptonite, especially 3s
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,420

Post#30 » by RexBoyWonder » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:00 pm

Some real jinxing going around this board lately...Let's make the playoffs first, then start arguing about who we want to match up with.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
Prince Ali
Veteran
And1: 3,507

Post#31 » by Prince Ali » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:29 pm

xMADEinDADEx wrote:I mean plenty of stars have said it themselves where the rs is like a marathon. Why would we take the regular season for something its not.

the bottom line is ya'll need to stop acting like a bunch of scared little b*tches
xMADEinDADEx
Head Coach

Post#32 » by xMADEinDADEx » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:46 pm

Prince Ali wrote:
xMADEinDADEx wrote:I mean plenty of stars have said it themselves where the rs is like a marathon. Why would we take the regular season for something its not.

the bottom line is ya'll need to stop acting like a bunch of scared little b*tches

Discussing ways to prolong your teams post season run has nothing to do with being scared. People are just trying to stay level headed and be realistic with themselves.
3ballbomber
General Manager
And1: 10,027

Post#33 » by 3ballbomber » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:47 pm

walk with me wrote:For me if we can advance into the second round it would be a huge success but I woud also love a chance at the cavs.

- Our team will be it's freshest (wade specifically)
- Our team will have the experience edge
- If we lose to someone, I would want it to be the cavs knowing we got a chance to beat them.

Hopefully we can lock up that 2 seed and give the sell out a run for his money.

an over reaction to 2 reg season wins.

how about we focus first just making the damn playoffs :lol:
Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Built the right way. Play the right way. Win the right way . .

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#34 » by gom » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:43 am

I think we have to finish 7th to catch the Cavs in the postseason. I don't really see anybody knocking Cleveland out of second place and the Hawks are well ahead and show no real signs of wearing down. Right now, we are on the very edge of qualification and we have to play well to make it even to 8th place.

Honestly, I'm undecided about which team would be best. They would likely both rip us to shreds, however, the postseason is tabula rasa and we have players that know their way around. If I were the opponents, I would not like to face a motivated Miami. I was a lot more optimistic about our chances when the Raptors were 2nd.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
Shewasfly
Head Coach
And1: 11,689

Post#35 » by Shewasfly » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:26 am

I just know I don't want the Hawks. The Hawks are the best team in the east, all their offensive strengths are all our defensive weaknesses, and they are a very athletic and well coached team.

So I don't care about whatever other low key LeBron fan stance people want to try to push to sway that view. I know the odds are heavily stacked up against us for both bc of all our injuries and inconsistencies but give me Cleveland before the Hawks. And the Raptors before both of them.
:tiredJB:
Temuhjan
Sixth Man
And1: 321

Post#36 » by Temuhjan » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:56 am

Would be an interesting idea to entertain, but right now we've got to deal with the tough 2-week schedule ahead of us first.
Aussie Heat Fan
Senior
And1: 545

Post#37 » by Aussie Heat Fan » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:59 am

I'd be happy just to be in the playoffs. Don't care who we play, I just wanna be there.
Temuhjan
Sixth Man
And1: 321

Post#38 » by Temuhjan » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:01 am

Shewasfly wrote:I just know I don't want the Hawks. The Hawks are the best team in the east, all their offensive strengths are all our defensive weaknesses, and they are a very athletic and well coached team.

So I don't care about whatever other low key LeBron fan stance people want to try to push to sway that view. I know the odds are heavily stacked up against us for both bc of all our injuries and inconsistencies but give me Cleveland before the Hawks. And the Raptors before both of them.

IF we do make it the 7th seed, I think we have reasonable chance against the Cavs. McRoberts may make it back in time. He adds an important dimension to our game. A starting line-up of Dragon-Flash-Deng-McBob-Great White looks strong on paper. I don't know if we will make the finals, let alone the 7th seed though. Fingers crossed.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,806

Post#39 » by KingDavid » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:53 am

For those of you that want the Cavs because "we have a chance to beat them in the playoffs", you need to stop smoking Flakka.

I want the Cavs because it makes a good story line for the nba and our key players get playoff experience to take into next year. We have no chance against the Cavs or Hawks without Bosh, mcroberts (or a late return after missing practically the whole season, yeah right), and chemistry. We sure as hell aren't taking a series with rio and walker as first players off the bench.

If being a realist = being a bitch, then some of you need to grow up. RNS.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
EscapoTHB
Suspended
And1: 1,249

Post#40 » by EscapoTHB » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:46 am

I'd rather lose in the first round to the Cavs, than to the Hawks. I feel like the Hawks would just take us apart with their passing. At least with the Cavs we might get a hard foul on Lebron or something. It would be a lot more interesting, though I doubt we would win the series. I think the team would be way more up for a series against the Cavs too.

The Cavs absolutely can't stop DWade either apparently. Which is fun.

But tbh, I'll take anyone. I just want to make the playoffs. It would be so huge after everything this team has gone through this year and be a good experience to carry us through to next year.

Return to Miami Heat