ImageImageImage

NBA Free Agency 2015: The Official Thread

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

Free Agents the Miami Heat Should Target in 2015 Offseason

DeMarre Carroll (Unrestricted / Small Forward / 6-8)
5%
Josh Smith (Unrestricted / Power Forward, Small Forward / 6-9)
10%
Jimmy Butler (Restricted / Shooting Guard / 6-7)
2%
Monta Ellis (Player Option / Shooting Guard / 6-3)
2%
Wesley Matthews (Unrestricted / Shooting Guard / 6-5)
20%
Gerald Green (Unrestricted / Shooting Guard / 6-8)
27%
Danny Green (Unrestricted / Shooting Guard / 6-6)
20%
Kawhi Leonard (Restricted / Small Forward / 6-7)
5%
Marc Gasol (Unrestricted / Center / 7-1)
2%
Other
7%

Total votes: 41

Temuhjan
Sixth Man
And1: 321

Re: NBA Salary Cap Could Rise To $90M In 2016, $105M In 2017 

Post#21 » by Temuhjan » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:37 pm

Dun think daz gonna change a thing for us vis-a-vis other teams. Basically, all players are gonna receive a raise. That's all.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#22 » by HIF » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:47 pm

Temuhjan wrote:Dun think daz gonna change a thing for us vis-a-vis other teams. Basically, all players are gonna receive a raise. That's all.

Please stop saying "us" you are a cav and can't jump to "us" just because we're winning.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
Temuhjan
Sixth Man

Post#23 » by Temuhjan » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:52 pm

HIF wrote:
Temuhjan wrote:Dun think daz gonna change a thing for us vis-a-vis other teams. Basically, all players are gonna receive a raise. That's all.

Please stop saying "us" you are a cav and can't jump to "us" just because we're winning.

If I am a Cavs, then why did I not go to the Cavs site at all or says anything good about them, you dumbass!! :crazy:
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,759

Post#24 » by KingDavid » Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:50 pm

Temuhjan wrote:
HIF wrote:

If I am a Cavs, then why did I not go to the Cavs site at all or says anything good about them, you dumbass!! :crazy:

Funny, you call him a dumbass for calling you out...yet you posted this on the Cavs board;

Temuhjan wrote:We are bandwagoners and we are proud of it. Who doesn't like a champion, the greatest player in the world known as LeBron James?

Mod, can we make this thread a sticky?

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1335746#start_here

You're just here now because we're still a good team.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,450

Post#25 » by gom » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:51 pm

He is right though about this subject anyway. It's better to look at salaries as percentages of the cap, rather than as discrete quantities. Another thing to consider is that long-term contracts, even if they are expensive (like Goran Dragic's) will be a good deal, because the relative amount per cap will be smaller. This is another reason that McRoberts and Bosh are good deals, assuming they can play in good health.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
FlashFlare
RealGM
And1: 30,615

Post#26 » by FlashFlare » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:15 pm

KingDavid wrote:
Temuhjan wrote:
HIF wrote:Please stop saying "us" you are a cav and can't jump to "us" just because we're winning.

Funny, you call him a dumbass for calling you out...yet you posted this on the Cavs board;

Temuhjan wrote:We are bandwagoners and we are proud of it. Who doesn't like a champion, the greatest player in the world known as LeBron James?

LMAO damnnnnnnnnn

exposed
100% WADEaboo
gom

Post#27 » by gom » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:40 pm

I don't really understand the idea of switching teams when players switch teams either. I've only cheered for two NBA teams in my life: the Lakers (since I'm from California) were my team when I was young (70s + 80s) and the Heat (which only existed since I moved to Florida in the early 90s from overseas). I've cheered for São Paulo since 1986 and can't imagine someone switch from SPFC to Corinthians or Palmeiras, but I have to say that I did enjoy watching Santos with Neymar and Ganso when they weren't playing us. Their game was beautiful, so I guess that's similar.

Speaking of which, in soccer preferences, I see many of you are Barcelona fans. To me that's a little like being a Cav fan since Lionel Messi, Mascherano, Xavi, Dani Alves, and Neymar (etc) all play there. I mean, I like the way Barcelona plays and I thought the World Championship game against Santos was illuminating, but I wouldn't cheer for them just because they are great. I believe I became a better SPFC fan when we faced adversity - not when we were champions. Barcelona fans *never* face adversity.
FlashFlare
RealGM
And1: 30,615

Post#28 » by FlashFlare » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:14 pm

gom wrote:I don't really understand the idea of switching teams when players switch teams either. I've only cheered for two teams in my life: the Lakers (since I'm from California) were my team when I was young (70s + 80s) and the Heat (which only existed since I moved to Florida in the early 90s from overseas). I've cheered for São Paulo since 1986 and can't imagine someone switch from SPFC to Corinthians or Palmeiras, but I have to say that I did enjoy watching Santos with Neymar and Ganso when they weren't playing us. Their game was beautiful, so I guess that's similar.

Speaking of which, in soccer preferences, I see many of you are Barcelona fans. To me that's a little like being a Cav fan since Lionel Messi, Mascherano, Xavi, Dani Alves, and Neymar (etc) all play there. I mean, I like the way Barcelona plays and I thought the World Championship game against Santos was illuminating, but I wouldn't cheer for them just because they are great. I believe I became a better SPFC fan when we faced adversity - not when we were champions. Barcelona fans *never* face adversity.

in terms of soccer/football, it's kind of the way I became a Heat fan. I watched D-Wade before he got to the NBA, specifically in the NCAA tournament, and then followed him to Miami when he got drafted and have been a fan ever since. It's the same with Barcelona. Watched Neymar before he got to Barcelona and always loved the Brazilian flair. Was a big Ronaldinho fan but mostly in the World Cups... and didn't watch club football at all, ironically he was on Barca :lol:

Barcelona last season and this season before the turn of the new year was full of adversity lol. We were in a supposed crisis this year before Messi completely took over. btw, become a big Messi fan now, dude is just unreal ;)
100% WADEaboo
gom

Post#29 » by gom » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:54 pm

FlashFlare wrote:in terms of soccer/football, it's kind of the way I became a Heat fan. I watched D-Wade before he got to the NBA, specifically in the NCAA tournament, and then followed him to Miami when he got drafted and have been a fan ever since. It's the same with Barcelona. Watched Neymar before he got to Barcelona and always loved the Brazilian flair. Was a big Ronaldinho fan but mostly in the World Cups... and didn't watch club football at all, ironically he was on Barca :lol:

Barcelona last season and this season before the turn of the new year was full of adversity lol. We were in a supposed crisis this year before Messi completely took over. btw, become a big Messi fan now, dude is just unreal ;)

That's not the kind of adversity I mean. Barcelona was busted for illegal recruitment of minor players. The deal with Neymar looks pretty unscrupulous really with a lot of people that were officially uninvolved seemingly much richer. The father of Neymar is actually facing investigation, but of course in Brazil there is no justice, so it was good that FIFA stepped in. I'm not a fan of FIFA at all - is there a more corrupt sporting organization? I don't think so - but in this case they were right. Broken clocks are right twice a day too.

I don't really have a team in Spain, but I believe that Barcelona has a lot to do with how football is being destroyed in South America. Mazinho's sons never even had a chance to play in Brazil and Messi never played a game for an Argentinean club.

Neymar was wicked against São Paulo. I always dreaded playing him and applauded when he was sold to a European club because he always took all the cookies from our cookie jar. :banghead:

Anyway, I'm also a fan of Ronaldinho. He's still a dangerous player in Brazil. He is slow but he can pick apart a defense very easily. If you love Barcelona, enjoy this peace offering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mme7xdbTeE

Barcelona, the city, by the way, is one of the most pleasant seaside cities I know. Lovely partying people with a generally festive atmosphere going on pretty much all summer long and they have a great music festival too.
thinktellectual
Rookie
And1: 726

Post#30 » by thinktellectual » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:14 pm

After trading for Durant and Anthony Davis and extending them, I don't think there'll be much cap left for Riley to work with.

And I'm only half joking.
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 7,999

Post#31 » by Flash4thewin » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:15 am

RJM wrote:With Chris Bosh and Shabazz Napier under contract through that season, Miami could easily sign extend Whiteside for a while, Wade one last time, bring back Deng, retain Dragic, and bring back the likes of Chalmers, Beasley, Johnson, Walker, and Ennis before even considering adding two star players. Look at what Miami has on its roster at about $56 million. Each of these players could receive modest pay raises and Miami would still have enough for two more players.

Let's assume the lineup looks like this:

PG: Goran Dragic
SG: Dwyane Wade
SF:
PF: Chris Bosh
C: Hassan Whiteside

PG: Shabazz Napier - Tyler Johnson
SG: Mario Chalmers - James Ennis*
SF: Luol Deng - Henry Walker*
PF: Josh McRoberts - Michael Beasley
C:

Assuming UD eventually retires (he's 34 now; he'll be 36 then and likely even more eroded, skill-wise) and Riley stays loyal to some of his guys, above is what Miami's roster will look like during the 2016 offseason before free agency begins. Those with asterisks above their names are potential cuts between now and then. I think there's a solid chance Beasley will grow into a player that will spend the rest of his days here in Miami this time around.

Miami will have between $45-50 million (extra) to bring in star talent and needed frontcourt assistance. As mentioned above, Miami's championship culture, stable organization, [state] income tax-free location, weather, and cap space will be very alluring to potential free agents. Miami will be a serious contender in no time due to this one-time salary cap advantage. Eventually, the market will stabilize and contracts will scale to appropriate proportions.

Until then, Riley will totally cash in on this situation and not only surround Wade with one last serious championship contender, but establish this franchise with a stable foundation for years to come. This is going to be insane, people. Miami, New York, and Los Angeles are primed to seriously benefit from this cap increase, but Miami has a decided advantage the others don't: Some semblance of a core to build around (Dragic, Whiteside, Wade, Bosh, role players).

We have to factor Dragic will be getting a max this offseason (Which in the big picture is cheaper than waiting on 2016). Also Whiteside will get a max thrown at him. The actual amount of money we will have to spend in 2016 wont be the astronomical value people are thinking.
3ballbomber
General Manager
And1: 10,027

Re: AW: NBA Salary Cap Could Rise To $90M In 2016, $105M In 2017 

Post#32 » by 3ballbomber » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:37 am

Magic Boo wrote:There are tons of great PGs in 17' but we should have Dragic so theres not much to be exited about.

We should sign some good role players like Iggy/Parsons, Redick, Mike Scott etc.

Dragic/Patty Mills
Wade/Redick
Parsons/Iggy/Beas
Bosh/McBob/Scott
Hassan/Dwight Howard :p

:lol:
Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Built the right way. Play the right way. Win the right way . .

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
3ballbomber
General Manager

Post#33 » by 3ballbomber » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:45 am

RJM wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:
Scary how things fall into place, right? I won't feed the trolls with that speculation, but Miami could legitimately draft a young big man project and then balance Whiteside with a veteran inside presence like Nene or Chris Kaman.

gimme Nene any day on this team.
Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
3ballbomber
General Manager

Post#34 » by 3ballbomber » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:47 am

KingDavid wrote:
Temuhjan wrote:
HIF wrote:Please stop saying "us" you are a cav and can't jump to "us" just because we're winning.

What a complete twit

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
HIF
RealGM

Post#35 » by HIF » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:37 am

gom wrote:I don't really understand the idea of switching teams when players switch teams either. I've only cheered for two NBA teams in my life: the Lakers (since I'm from California) were my team when I was young (70s + 80s) and the Heat (which only existed since I moved to Florida in the early 90s from overseas). I've cheered for São Paulo since 1986 and can't imagine someone switch from SPFC to Corinthians or Palmeiras, but I have to say that I did enjoy watching Santos with Neymar and Ganso when they weren't playing us. Their game was beautiful, so I guess that's similar.

It's because they are either very young or bandwagoners (which is normally the same thing). I've supported Leicester City all my life - just happens to be no badge despite my request - and the Heat all of their life.

HIF
RealGM

Post#36 » by HIF » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:45 am

FlashFlare wrote:
gom wrote:I don't really understand the idea of switching teams when players switch teams either. I've only cheered for two teams in my life: the Lakers (since I'm from California) were my team when I was young (70s + 80s) and the Heat (which only existed since I moved to Florida in the early 90s from overseas). I've cheered for São Paulo since 1986 and can't imagine someone switch from SPFC to Corinthians or Palmeiras, but I have to say that I did enjoy watching Santos with Neymar and Ganso when they weren't playing us. Their game was beautiful, so I guess that's similar.

in terms of soccer/football, it's kind of the way I became a Heat fan. I watched D-Wade before he got to the NBA, specifically in the NCAA tournament, and then followed him to Miami when he got drafted and have been a fan ever since. It's the same with Barcelona. Watched Neymar before he got to Barcelona and always loved the Brazilian flair. Was a big Ronaldinho fan but mostly in the World Cups... and didn't watch club football at all, ironically he was on Barca :lol:

Barcelona - adversity!!!!

You don't know what adversity is.

Mugiwara
Starter
And1: 2,692

Post#37 » by Mugiwara » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:48 am

You gotta stick to your team, no matter what.

You can change women, but you can't change teams
Temuhjan
Sixth Man

Post#38 » by Temuhjan » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:10 am

HIF wrote:It's because they are either very young or bandwagoners (which is normally the same thing). I've supported Leicester City all my life - just happens to be no badge despite my request - and the Heat all of their life.

Look man, let me made this clear once and for all, I WAS a LeBron fans ever since the formation of the Big 3 in 2011. He played some very fascinating basketball with Wade and Bosh. I was not happy when Bron ditched this team for the Cavs last summer but I went along anyway. However, I was totally and completely disappointed when Bron tried to dictate he wants and not wants in his come back speech on the basis of who are Rich Paul's clients. It is both stupid and unethical. I'd confirmed I want no part of the Cavs when they yielded to that silly demand and traded away Wiggins.

Fact is, how someone became a Heat fans is unimportant. What is important is we want the Heat and only the Heat to win. Enuf said.
HIF
RealGM

Post#39 » by HIF » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:21 am

Temuhjan wrote:
HIF wrote:It's because they are either very young or bandwagoners (which is normally the same thing). I've supported Leicester City all my life - just happens to be no badge despite my request - and the Heat all of their life.

Look man, let me made this clear once and for all, I WAS a LeBron fans ever since the formation of the Big 3 in 2011. He played some very fascinating basketball with Wade and Bosh. I was not happy when Bron ditched this team for the Cavs last summer but I went along anyway. However, I was totally and completely disappointed when Bron tried to dictate he wants and not wants in his come back speech on the basis of who are Rich Paul's clients. It is both stupid and unethical. I'd confirmed I want no part of the Cavs when they yielded to that silly demand and traded away Wiggins.

Fact is, how someone became a Heat fans is unimportant. What is important is we want the Heat and only the Heat to win. Enuf said.

So you say but after he quit the Heat you were on the Cavs board supporting them, so it seems you are just talking bleep. I don't believe you. I'm not surprised that you are a Heat fan at the moment because we are doing great and we have a real spirit. you are a bandwagonner but maybe one day you'll become a true Heat fan.

Whatever it doesn't matter what I think about you so don't worry it man. Keep making stupid poll threads and supporting the Heat. In a couple of years I'll believe you're a Heat fan if you're still with us and if we've been through bad times.

Temuhjan
Sixth Man

Post#40 » by Temuhjan » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:27 am

HIF wrote:So you say but after he quit the Heat you were on the Cavs board supporting them, so it seems you are just talking bleep. I don't believe you. I'm not surprised that you are a Heat fan at the moment because we are doing great and we have a real spirit. you are a bandwagoner but maybe one day you'll become a true Heat fan.

Whatever it doesn't matter what I think about you so don't worry it man. Keep making stupid poll threads and supporting the Heat. In a couple of years I'll believe you're a Heat fan if you're still with us and if we've been through bad times.

I cannot promise you anything about what happens in a couple of years, but I can promise you I will be a Heat fans and a Heat fans only while I am here. :usa:

Return to Miami Heat