ImageImageImage

PG: Heat spare OKC of death b/c Mario Chalmers is too nice.

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

dr3am
RealGM
And1: 10,485

Re: PG: Heat spare OKC of death b/c Mario Chalmers is too nice. 

Post#701 » by dr3am » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:43 pm

Westbrook is a beast man, probably the best all around player in the league right now... with that being said on to the next one fellas
3ballbomber
General Manager
And1: 10,027

Post#702 » by 3ballbomber » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:44 pm

Mugiwara wrote:Would be surprised if walker is in the league next season. Pure trash, even the knicks released him

That pure trash averaged around 22 mins in our last couple of wins. He's not totally useless perhaps. If he's trash then Ennis & Shabbaz must be pieces of turds for getting Zero minutes out there - Hell TJ getting more mins than them.
Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Built the right way. Play the right way. Win the right way . .

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#703 » by gom » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:47 am

Mugiwara wrote:Would be surprised if walker is in the league next season. Pure trash, even the knicks released him

Sorry. I disagree. This is way over the top. Walker's problems can be corrected. He is definitely playing as he is told to play and that combined with his errors is yielding poor results.

Forward.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,248

Post#704 » by twix2500 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:01 am

This game was lost because of turnovers, Dragic getting overmatched, Deng getting shut down. We allowed them too many easy transition points that could of been prevented. Defensively we got caught a lot looking at Westbrook instead of our own man. That halftime surge and i think end of third or early fourth surge by the Thunder killed any chances.

It had nothing to do with Chalmers or even Walker. With the way we handled the ball it was over with.

It was one of those games that we just didnt play smart. That can be fixed.

The sad part is, if we could of made a surge late 3rd early 4th. I think Wade was game to have another big 4th close out game.

Amazingly, my concern about Dragic happened. Dragic was not a factor in transition.
twix2500
RealGM

Post#705 » by twix2500 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:00 am

Rewatching this game now, 1st quarter mistakes were allowing Westbrook run fullcourt for a easy layup after miss layup, Whiteside getting caught watching twice instead of defending his man. This resulted in giving the thunder the lead. Spo subbing Birdman for Beasley instead of Whiteside lead to Whiteside getting in foul trouble.

2nd quarter turnovers led to OKC having a 9 pt lead early. The Walker/Deng/Whiteside lineup closed the gap to 5. Whiteside foul trouble then with less than a minute left two turnovers again led to 5 pt run.

3rd Quarter cut the led down to 5, then turnovers again (especially Wade and Deng) put them back up to 10.

4th quarter the Heat just could not cut the lead, game was pretty much over.

*This game had nothing to do with Walker or Chalmers, that iv seen everyone screaming about. It had nothing to do with the scheme either. The only thing i seen spo doing a bad job was managing Whiteside minutes badly when in foul trouble. This game was lost due to turnovers which was a team effort.
Sent from my SGH-M919 using RealGM Forums mobile app
Slot Machine
Head Coach
And1: 4,558

Post#706 » by Slot Machine » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:00 am

Sure love having a "shooter" out there who's shooting 32 FG% and 29 3P%.
The Bunk wrote:God I hate this fraudulent clown.

I've never wanted to punch someone in the face so badly. Really hoping to run into him at a game one day. I won't hesitate.
dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,176

Post#707 » by dolphinatik » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:04 am

Beasley and Haslem played well. Dragic was ok, Whiteside was good when not fouling.
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
3ballbomber
General Manager

Re: 

Post#708 » by 3ballbomber » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:09 am

twix2500 wrote:Rewatching this game now, 1st quarter mistakes were allowing Westbrook run fullcourt for a easy layup after miss layup, Whiteside getting caught watching twice instead of defending his man. This resulted in giving the thunder the lead. Spo subbing Birdman for Beasley instead of Whiteside lead to Whiteside getting in foul trouble.

2nd quarter turnovers led to OKC having a 9 pt lead early. The Walker/Deng/Whiteside lineup closed the gap to 5. Whiteside foul trouble then with less than a minute left two turnovers again led to 5 pt run.

3rd Quarter cut the led down to 5, then turnovers again (especially Wade and Deng) put them back up to 10.

*This game had nothing to do with Walker or Chalmers, that iv seen everyone screaming about. It had nothing to do with the scheme either. The only thing i seen spo doing a bad job was managing Whiteside minutes badly when in foul trouble. This game was lost due to turnovers which was a team effort.

you forgot a huge factor in this loss......Kanter - 27pts & 12 rebounds. Killed us from the tip. I think if he wasn't playing so well and so aggressive early it could have been anybody's game. Wade & Deng came out pretty good from the tip also.
Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
gom

Post#709 » by gom » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:22 am

We had the same number of turnovers (18) as Oklahoma City but failed to capitalize on them as well.

People *are* frustrated with the shooting and with good reason.

Chalmers shot 4-14
Walker shot 0-6

All shooters were bad except Whiteside though. Wade & Dragic were at 40%. Deng slightly over 40%.

The shooting is just one aspect of the game where we were beaten. We were also out-rebounded 52-40. When Whiteside was off the court (which happened way too fast because of his foul trouble) we were very vulnerable. Everyone dunked on us - right in front of our power rotation.

Sometimes it is good for a defeat to bring you back to Earth and show you how much hard work there still is to do. Hopefully the team will embrace this as an opportunity to improve and find a way to win the more important games in the middle of the week.
twix2500
RealGM

Re: Re: 

Post#710 » by twix2500 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:24 am

3ballbomber wrote:
twix2500 wrote:Rewatching this game now, 1st quarter mistakes were allowing Westbrook run fullcourt for a easy layup after miss layup, Whiteside getting caught watching twice instead of defending his man. This resulted in giving the thunder the lead. Spo subbing Birdman for Beasley instead of Whiteside lead to Whiteside getting in foul trouble.

you forgot a huge factor in this loss......Kanter - 27pts & 12 rebounds. Killed us from the tip. I think if he wasn't playing so well and so aggressive early it could have been anybody's game. Wade & Deng came out pretty good from the tip also.

No I didnt forget Kanter, he played great and he should the matchup favors him. but it wasnt his play that kept giving them leds. It was the turnovers, when we didnt turn the ball over we scored at a more efficient rate than OKC up until the 4th. It was anybodies game if it wasnt for the turnovers.
3ballbomber
General Manager

Post#711 » by 3ballbomber » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:42 am

twix2500 wrote:
3ballbomber wrote:

No I didnt forget Kanter, he played great and he should the matchup favors him. but it wasnt his play that kept giving them leds. It was the turnovers, when we didnt turn the ball over we scored at a more efficient rate than OKC up until the 4th. It was anybodies game if it wasnt for the turnovers.

spite of TO's we managed to keep it reasonably close all throughout.....Wade & Deng came out shooting well to start. It was Kanter who kept pouring it in early. Our aim here from reports prior to tip off from Spo was to give it to them early and that's exactly what we did w/ both Deng & Wade hitting their first numerous shots - but Kanter kept answering on his own. Yes the TO's were obviosuly a factor but they didn't blow us out until the 4th Q. We even won the 3rd Q.

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
Temuhjan
Sixth Man
And1: 321

Post#712 » by Temuhjan » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:52 am

OKC out-shot us, out-rebounded us, out-assisted us and schooled us in the paint. Our defense looks like swiss cheese especially after they fouled out Whiteside.
twix2500
RealGM

Post#713 » by twix2500 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:46 am

3ballbomber wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
3ballbomber wrote:you forgot a huge factor in this loss......Kanter - 27pts & 12 rebounds. Killed us from the tip. I think if he wasn't playing so well and so aggressive early it could have been anybody's game. Wade & Deng came out pretty good from the tip also.

spite of TO's we managed to keep it reasonably close all throughout.....Wade & Deng came out shooting well to start. It was Kanter who kept pouring it in early. Our aim here from reports prior to tip off from Spo was to give it to them early and that's exactly what we did w/ both Deng & Wade hitting their first numerous shots - but Kanter kept answering on his own. Yes the TO's were obviosuly a factor but they didn't blow us out until the 4th Q. We even won the 3rd Q.

Bruh i just rewatched the game. they got leds off of turnovers. 9pt to 10pt lead through most of the 2nd and third quarter. Every run they made was off of turnovers. When we were not turning the ball over, we were out scoring them dispite Katner scoring dispite getting outrebounded. At the worse we were keeping the scoring rate equal when not turning ball over. OKC made a run in the 1st when Whiteside wasnt defending his man. They made a run in the 2nd twice due to turnovers. They made another run in the third off of turnovers. OKC didnt make runs off of missed 3 pointers. This is not the Lebron Miami Heat, we can not afford to turn the ball over to a team like OKC. OKC is a team that thrives in wreckless play, we are not a team anymore that can play that game with OKC. A lot of our turnovers were not due to OKC defense, it was due to lazy passes or just dumb passes that lead to a dunk or three pointer for OKC. It was not close in the third quarter, it was 66-56 with 30 secs left in the third, the game was not close, reachable yes, but not close. The closet we got was 5 pts until we turned the ball over. The turnovers were the biggest factors.

I understand we want better three point shooters. And even getting out rebounded is not what lost us the game it was the turnovers.

Your relying to heavily of your opinion on the box score. OKC controlled the tempo of the game from the second half of the first quarter till the end. The reason the lead go bigger in the fourth is because the Heat gave up, once they felt they couldnt cut the led. It was over with once Westbrook hit that 3 at the end of the third to make a 10 pt lead. The players just wanted to go back home.

I seeing all these miss leading rants, especially the rant about Walker at powerforward. Walker at PF was one of the lineups that actually closed the lead to 5. I do not like that lineup neither but it was one of the lineups that was effective.
Cmon_Son-_-
Head Coach
And1: 8,734

Post#714 » by Cmon_Son-_- » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:36 am

I just turned on my TV and the replay of the game is on. We're down 6 in the 4th,what the hell happened that we lost by almost 20. Its probably really bad I'm not going to watch it. Plus its really late I'm tired :lol:
| ̶G̶̶̶i̶̶̶a̶̶̶n̶̶̶n̶̶̶i̶̶̶s̶̶̶ ̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶2̶̶̶1̶̶̶ ̶̶̶ ̶H̶̶̶a̶̶̶r̶̶̶d̶̶̶e̶̶̶n̶̶̶ ̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶ ̶ ̶B̶e̶a̶l̶/̶L̶a̶v̶i̶n̶e̶/̶L̶i̶l̶l̶a̶r̶d̶/̶I̶r̶v̶i̶n̶g̶/̶M̶i̶t̶c̶h̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶3 ̶L̶i̶l̶l̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶2̶.̶0̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶4̶ Jesus 2024| :pray:|
gom

Post#715 » by gom » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:49 am

twix2500 wrote:
3ballbomber wrote:
twix2500 wrote:

Bruh i just rewatched the game. they got leds off of turnovers. 9pt to 10pt lead through most of the 2nd and third quarter. Every run they made was off of turnovers. When we were not turning the ball over, we were out scoring them dispite Katner scoring dispite getting outrebounded. At the worse we were keeping the scoring rate equal when not turning ball over. OKC made a run in the 1st when Whiteside wasnt defending his man. They made a run in the 2nd twice due to turnovers. They made another run in the third off of turnovers. OKC didnt make runs off of missed 3 pointers. This is not the Lebron Miami Heat, we can not afford to turn the ball over to a team like OKC. OKC is a team that thrives in wreckless play, we are not a team anymore that can play that game with OKC. A lot of our turnovers were not due to OKC defense, it was due to lazy passes or just dumb passes that lead to a dunk or three pointer for OKC. It was not close in the third quarter, it was 66-56 with 30 secs left in the third, the game was not close, reachable yes, but not close. The closet we got was 5 pts until we turned the ball over. The turnovers were the biggest factors.

I understand we want better three point shooters. And even getting out rebounded is not what lost us the game it was the turnovers.

Your relying to heavily of your opinion on the box score. OKC controlled the tempo of the game from the second half of the first quarter till the end. The reason the lead go bigger in the fourth is because the Heat gave up, once they felt they couldnt cut the led. It was over with once Westbrook hit that 3 at the end of the third to make a 10 pt lead. The players just wanted to go back home.

I seeing all these miss leading rants, especially the rant about Walker at powerforward. Walker at PF was one of the lineups that actually closed the lead to 5. I do not like that lineup neither but it was one of the lineups that was effective.

You are right that the turnovers were a big factor and that they cut our momentum whenever we started getting it right. The end of the second quarter was particularly sloppy.

You are also right that the passing was lazy and dumb. We did not seem to have mental focus through a large part of the game.

My main point is that we had the turnovers, not only because of poor execution and lack of concentration, but also because of a lack of options. They *knew* where the pass was going because we didn't really vary our game. Clearly they were better prepared than we were and they hit all our strong points by getting Whiteside into foul trouble early, killing the transition game, and then clogging the paint against penetration. How many times did Wade go to the rim? I really don't remember one. What about Dragic? Very few, I think. Beasley could do it. Walker tried once and drew an offensive foul. Chalmers a couple times.

Otherwise we had midrange jump shots and 3 for 18 3 point attempts.

It wasn't just turnovers. It was a general lack of creativity on our offense. We were scouted and they made us impotent against them.

I just hope that we have more tools in Milwaukee.
ReturnofMVP3
RealGM
And1: 11,580

Post#716 » by ReturnofMVP3 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:13 am

Cmon_Son-_- wrote:I just turned on my TV and the replay of the game is on. We're down 6 in the 4th,what the hell happened that we lost by almost 20. Its probably really bad I'm not going to watch it. Plus its really late I'm tired :lol:

we tanking to keep 7 and play LeBron at 2.
Donald Trump is an idiot.
dancing2thabeet
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,681

Post#717 » by dancing2thabeet » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:10 am

Didn't get my gift. :(
orphicwhip wrote:
goodboy wrote:Man I got the flu, still will watch my team play though.

McBob shares the same mentality.
3ballbomber
General Manager

Post#718 » by 3ballbomber » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:36 am

twix2500 wrote:No I didnt forget Kanter,

You totally did.....you failed to mention him twice in your two above posts before replying to me.

Now allow me to debunk your Turn Overs argument & support my Kanter factor point......

1st Q:

- Both Wade & deng Hit their first shot
- Wade w/ a steal and score, w/ resulted in Roberson's ankle sprain
- It was 6-1 our favor at that stage so we came out aggressive as planned
- After that time out to get Roberson off Kanter hits his first shot, a long jumper.
- WAde them a lob to Hassan resulting in an allyhoop - 8-3 our favor
- Kanter then answers w/ another long jumper, not too far from where he shot last time.
- We had Zero Turn Overs at this point
- Nobody else is able to score for OKC for a long stretch including Westbrook who missed 2 consecutive shots.
- Finally Thunder is able to score - guess who put the ball in the bucket.....Kanter - who has scored 6 of Thunders 7 pts.
- Miami playing a solid 4 mins to start the ball game.
- Another stretch where Thunder turned the ball over and couldn't score and then guess who tied the game.....Kanter. Now scored 8 of OKC's 9 pts.
- We are now at the 7 min mark. That's 5 mins w/ no turn overs & Kanter keeping up w/ us. We are playing reasonably well.
- Wade then scores his 3nd bucket & is 3 of 3 - off to a great start
- Another stretch were OKC were not scoring and Wade then hits his 4th shot, a 3 pointer and is now 4 of 4 - his heating up.
- We are playing a hell of game right now. Blocking shots, taking boards, causing turnovers and getting to the line. All that and we're only up 5 pts at this point, w/ 6 mins left....Kanter has allowed them to stay in this ball game.
- After the Wade 3 guess who drives, gets fouled and gets an and1? KANTER
- Kanter has now scored 11 of Thunders 12 pts.
- finally @ the 5:30 mark somebody else apart from Kanter scores w/ was Waiters, who scored the first pt for OKC. THat's 2 players only who has scored for Thunder. And w/ that 3 they took the lead for the first time by one point.
- No, we have i think 1 turn over at this point - a Wade pass wich hit the back of Deng.
- Westy then scores and makes it a 3 pt game.
- No, not a ridiculous amount of turn overs for us here - only ONE. It is not the cause, thus far. Kanter has kept them alive. Also we missed 6 of last 8 since Wade's 3.
- Chalmers hits s a 3 to even the ball game.
- We are playing well, spite of the misses. We are playing rather solid.
- 4 min mark we made our 2nd turn over by Beasley. that's 2 TO's in 8 mins of play.
- Kanter then converts str8 after and he now has 13 of OKC's 21 pts.
- Kanter is killin us and has not missed at this point.
- Spite of Kanter socring we are able to score also and trail at this point by a bucket w/ 3 mins left.
- Nobody can score for about 40 seconds and then guess who......yes, Kanter with another bucket. He has now poured in 15 pts of OKC's 23 and is now 7 for 7 and sank his and 1......dude is PERFECT.
- Thunder end up winningt he 1st Q by 4 mesely pts
- Miami just 2 turn overs to OKC's 4.

It took a player to go a perfect 7 for 7 and score 15 pts of OKC's 25 pts for them to keep up w/ our production on their home floor. We also made them turn the ball over 4 times, we only had 2. Take away even half of Kanters points & we could have won that quarter, w/ momentum going into the 2nd quarter.....wich bodes well for not only our team's confidence moving forward but for our individual players who were not able to get into rhyhtm that 1st Q. It would have been good mentally for us to take the 1st Q & we set out to take it but Kanter had other plans. Kanter single handedly keeping them alive all throughout that 1st Q.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2nd Q:

- we started the 2nd Q w/ a turn over by Beasley.
- We got it to a pt and Dragic turned the ball over.
- 2 mins and they have yet to score.
- Morrow finally hits that big 3 to put them up 4pts.
- We are unable to score and they hit a 3 shots including a bucket to put them up 7.
- We get another turn over but only because Wade tripped - i wouldn't count that one.
- At about the 7 mins mark they get an and1 to put them up by 9 pts.
- We finally convert our 7th pt after over 5 mins.
- we are down 7 pts at his point, w/ 3 TO's.....but it's us missing shots more than TO's that is losing us the game so far.
- We make our 4th turn over from a Chalmers lob to Wade wich was deflected.
- At this point Thunder has had 10 turn overs to our 6
- We finally score our 11th pt at the 5 mins mark. it's MIA 11- OKC 12 in the 2nd Q at this point & we are down only 6 pts.
- We got it to 4pts a the 4 min mark.
- Kanter makes his 17th point
- Walker turn over - Miami's 8th - OKC still has about 10 TO's at this point.
- finally we score our 15th pt @ just over 2 mins. OKC has 16 pts this Q and we are down 5 pts still.
- We had multiple chances to get it down to at least 3 but we missed around 7 consecutive tries.
- Novac hits a 3 to put them up to 8 w/ a min left. THey hit another 2 shots from our turn overs to finally put them up to 10 pts at the half.
- Miami 8 TO in the 2nd Q (10 all up) - OKC 8 TO (12 all up.)

OKC 2 more TO's than Miami to end the 1st half

It seems our poor shooting percentage had more to do w/ us losing 2 quarters than turn overs - Considering they had more TO's than us most of the 1st half. They just converted our TO's more than we did since we weren't able to find the damn hole.

Here's something interesting - that goes waaay against your argument further about TO's being the main factor to us losing......

........in the 3rd Q we had a total of 5 TO's to OKC's 3 (MIA 15 TO total - OKC 15 TO total) and we still won the quarter by a bucket. Why? because we made 10 of our 17 shots. The Thunder missed their first 5 shots in that Q & were 8 for 12. Wich further proves that it's our poor shooting that lost us this game more than it was our turn overs.

I'm not going to get into the 4th Q because i think i've made enough solid points against your argument. TO's just added to our many problems in this game but were indeed not the main factor to the loss.

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
twix2500
RealGM

Post#719 » by twix2500 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:48 am

Here is the problem you are equaling that when OKC turns it over, it is equal to us turning it over. It is not, because OKC thrives with high turnovers. By matching OKC in turnover you will lose. You have to consider who OKC is. It is like our team in the past, if the opposing team matched us in rebounding they will lose. You had to beat miami in rebounding. You have to BEAT OKC in turnovers. Plus our turnovers were unforced. You giving OKC more posessions. Can you imagine going to another team board in 2011 and they say rebounding is not why they lost because they had one more total rebound. That Joel wasn't a factor because he had 4 rebounds. Then come to our board and we celebrating Joel's 4 rebounds.

3ballbomber
General Manager

Post#720 » by 3ballbomber » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:42 am

lol i think you're reaching now, mate. Besides i'm not using comparisons of TO's between the two teams to support my argument. That was just something i stumbled into while watching the replay and play by play on nba.com......

So obviously i don't think you read my entire reply. I broke it down, play by play as i replayed the game back on league pass. I put everything into context w/ my stance. I'll simplify it:

During OKC's scoring drought where we could have cut the lead closer or even take the lead WE COULD NOT & FAILED TO SCORE EACH TIME. That has nothing to do w/ Turn overs. We were in the fight regardless & kept the deficit reasonably low. At one point deep in the second we failed to score on 7 CONSECUTIVE TRIES. Had we just scored at least twice that 1st half score would have been just a deficit of 6 or less. TO's WERE NOT OUR MAIN REASON FOR LOSING! You completely dismiss all other factors.

If we played the 1st & 2nd Q like we did the 3rd....we'd probably have won the game. TO's didn't matter in that 3rd Q since we had more - IT WAS SHOOTING PERCENTAGE that was the main factor. Ours was high and there's was low, We got more in - they did not....Thus: we won that Quarter. It's simple.

It's not even a matter of opinion - The game don't lie. After that long Factual break down there's no more i could possibly say.

Virtue, Ethics & Honor

Return to Miami Heat