ImageImageImage

PG: Heat spare OKC of death b/c Mario Chalmers is too nice.

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

Amorphous Blob
RealGM
And1: 4,198

Re: Re: Re: 

Post#681 » by Amorphous Blob » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:27 pm

3ballbomber wrote:
Amorphous Blob wrote:Lol at playing Ennis he sucks, he's a terrible basketball player.

there's a reason why his been shelved on the pine for some time now. he has not exactly proven himself this entire season. If it wasn't for his athleticism i doubt he would still be here. We obviously want to develop him further but clock will be tickin' for the kid if he doesn't show any improvements.

I don't know why the Heat don't send him to the d league to get some playing time.
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,450

Re: 

Post#682 » by gom » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:28 pm

Amorphous Blob wrote:Lol at playing Ennis he sucks, he's a terrible basketball player.

Ennis at least would not hesitate to take open shots like Walker does. Sorry, but that is tremendously frustrating. Why is it better for Walker to drive to the rim and commit an offensive foul than Ennis doing the same thing? Also, Ennis is 86% from the free throw line (53/62), so I'm right. He was an option and we didn't use him.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
Amorphous Blob
RealGM

Post#683 » by Amorphous Blob » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:31 pm

gom wrote:

Ennis at least would not hesitate to take open shots like Walker does. Sorry, but that is tremendously frustrating. Why is it better for Walker to drive to the rim and commit an offensive foul than Ennis doing the same thing? Also, Ennis is 86% from the free throw line (53/62), so I'm right. He was an option and we didn't use him.

Well obviously you're wrong because he's been benched for a while coaching staff would rather go with Walker than him which is alarming.
delanka
Veteran
And1: 16,314

Re: PG: Heat spare OKC of death b/c Mario Chalmers is too nice. 

Post#684 » by delanka » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:31 pm

This is a horrible way to lose!
The bad defense, worst shots, Poor team chemistry, and.....
Amorphous Blob
RealGM

Post#685 » by Amorphous Blob » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:34 pm

Walker has been consistently bad since his first game with us it's hilarious really.
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#686 » by goodboy » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:35 pm

That Orlando game basically solidified a roster spot/permanent rotation for Mr.BILL Walker.

Thx spo.
Bright
gom

Post#687 » by gom » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:37 pm

Amorphous Blob wrote:
gom wrote:

Well obviously you're wrong because he's been benched for a while coaching staff would rather go with Walker than him which is alarming.

Isn't that like saying "just because"? Look, Ennis's 2 pt percentage, 3 pt percentage, and free throw percentage are all higher than Walker's. Walker has fewer rebounds per minute. Steals and blocks? About the same. Statistics don't show that Ennis is worse than Walker. Ennis's miserable PER is higher than Walker's. Ennis's ORTG is higher than Walker's by 12 points and his defensive rating is a point higher (only place where Walker is better). And, if you remember, the team that Ennis played on was much worse in supporting cast than with Dragic and Wade bringing his best.

I don't think Ennis is a great player, but he's better than Walker statistically. That's what I was saying.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/MIA/2015.html
Amorphous Blob
RealGM

Re: Re: Re: Re: 

Post#688 » by Amorphous Blob » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:42 pm

gom wrote:
Amorphous Blob wrote:
gom wrote:

Isn't that like saying "just because"? Look, Ennis's 2 pt percentage, 3 pt percentage, and free throw percentage are all higher than Walker's. Walker has fewer rebounds per minute. Steals and blocks? About the same. Statistics don't show that Ennis is worse than Walker. Ennis's miserable PER is higher than Walker's. Ennis's ORTG is higher than Walker's by 12 points and his defensive rating is a point higher (only place where Walker is better). And, if you remember, the team that Ennis played on was much worse in supporting cast than with Dragic and Wade bringing his best.

I don't think Ennis is a great player, but he's better than Walker statistically. That's what I was saying.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/MIA/2015.html

Hmm I actually didn't know all that good information it must be that Spo just doesn't trust him right now also Shabazz has been banished while Chalmers is allowed to stink it up.
Amorphous Blob
RealGM

Post#689 » by Amorphous Blob » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:43 pm

It is probably that Spo doesn't trust rookies during the playoff push which is stupid.
3ballbomber
General Manager
And1: 10,027

Post#690 » by 3ballbomber » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:45 pm

Amorphous Blob wrote:
3ballbomber wrote:

there's a reason why his been shelved on the pine for some time now. he has not exactly proven himself this entire season. If it wasn't for his athleticism i doubt he would still be here. We obviously want to develop him further but clock will be tickin' for the kid if he doesn't show any improvements.

I don't know why the Heat don't send him to the d league to get some playing time.

I think had we gotten Dragic & Whiteside to start the season and we were playing the way we have been prior to today, they prob would have sent him.....but it's close to PO's now and we need everybody out there. He needs to stay game ready cos he could be put back into rotation any time. The main thing for him is to actually make positive contributions when he is out there. At least for the most part Walker has been decent on Defense, that's one of the major things that get him more playing time than Ennis. Ennis is just a non factor when he's out there. He does nothing for the team that impacts them. He plays timid - He's had his chances.
Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Built the right way. Play the right way. Win the right way . .

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
Amorphous Blob
RealGM

Post#691 » by Amorphous Blob » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:47 pm

3ballbomber wrote:
Amorphous Blob wrote:
3ballbomber wrote:there's a reason why his been shelved on the pine for some time now. he has not exactly proven himself this entire season. If it wasn't for his athleticism i doubt he would still be here. We obviously want to develop him further but clock will be tickin' for the kid if he doesn't show any improvements.

I think had we gotten Dragic & Whiteside to start the season and we were playing the way we have been prior to today, they prob would have sent him.....but it's close to PO's now and we need everybody out there. He needs to stay game ready cos he could be put back into rotation any time. The main thing for him is to actually make positive contributions when he is out there. At least for the most part Walker has been decent on Defense, that's one of the major things that get him more playing time than Ennis. Ennis is just a non factor when he's out there. He does nothing for the team that impacts them. He's had his chances.

Yup it just sucks that they are both pretty terrible ball handlers there have been some bad turnovers when those 2 decide to put the ball on the floor.
Heat_Fan_87
RealGM
And1: 22,412

Post#692 » by Heat_Fan_87 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:52 pm

win tuesday and we are a half game back of mil for 6.
3ballbomber
General Manager

Post#693 » by 3ballbomber » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:00 pm

Amorphous Blob wrote:
3ballbomber wrote:
Amorphous Blob wrote:

I think had we gotten Dragic & Whiteside to start the season and we were playing the way we have been prior to today, they prob would have sent him.....but it's close to PO's now and we need everybody out there. He needs to stay game ready cos he could be put back into rotation any time. The main thing for him is to actually make positive contributions when he is out there. At least for the most part Walker has been decent on Defense, that's one of the major things that get him more playing time than Ennis. Ennis is just a non factor when he's out there. He does nothing for the team that impacts them. He's had his chances.

Yup it just sucks that they are both pretty terrible ball handlers there have been some bad turnovers when those 2 decide to put the ball on the floor.

Yeah, but I agree w/ putting Walker over Ennis, not because i think Walker is any good but at least he doesn't play timid. He is far more experienced and plays w/ more balls out there...this is something you won't find on the stat sheets - plays better on D also, as mentioned. These are all qualities why he gets more playing time. You've heard commentators say plenty of times about Walker's defense - and we all know Miami rewards players for their efforts on the defensive end. Ennis still has plenty to learn. Give me the guy w/ more cahonas & defense out there.
Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
gom

Post#694 » by gom » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:03 pm

If Walker had bigger cajones, he would be taking the uncontested open shots he gets every freaking game. I am not going to convince anyone here. That's ok. It doesn't matter really.
Amorphous Blob
RealGM

Post#695 » by Amorphous Blob » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:08 pm

I just hope the team doesn't bring back walker for next season.
Mugiwara
Starter
And1: 2,692

Post#696 » by Mugiwara » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:10 pm

Would be surprised if walker is in the league next season. Pure trash, even the knicks released him
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 7,997

Post#697 » by Flash4thewin » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:27 pm

I didnt watch the game but did anyone play good? Looking at the box score it seems Whiteside and Beasley were our most effective scorers yet they played so little? Was Dragic hurt because i cant understand how Mario took 14 shots? Walker got 21 mins yet shot 0-6?
3ballbomber
General Manager

Post#698 » by 3ballbomber » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:32 pm

gom wrote:If Walker had bigger cajones, he would be taking the uncontested open shots he gets every freaking game. I am not going to convince anyone here. That's ok. It doesn't matter really.

thats my point though....compared to Ennis he has more testis. Heat reward players who put in effort on the defensive end, Walker plays far better D than Ennis and has shown more in his sort stint w/ Miami & has been more impactful than Ennis has the entire season. THat's why he gets the mins - it's as simple as that.

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
3ballbomber
General Manager

Post#699 » by 3ballbomber » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:38 pm

Flash4thewin wrote:I didnt watch the game but did anyone play good? Looking at the box score it seems Whiteside and Beasley were our most effective scorers yet they played so little? Was Dragic hurt because i cant understand how Mario took 14 shots? Walker got 21 mins yet shot 0-6?

Wade & Deng both came out looking focused and hit their first few shots and looked like it was going to be one of those games.....But nobody else apart from Whiteside helped. Whiteside was our highest scorer and was on his way to another one of those nights but they gave him more fouls than he should have and he had to sit most of the night, wich hurt us alot. Walker is used for defensive purposes, that's why he gets mins, i don't necessarily agree w/ it but hey we are not exactly a deep squad and is one of our main issues right now. Dragic had a tough time getting anything to go his way, they defended him quite well and he just couldn't get in rhythm and after a while he was tentative to drive.

We just couldn't match their intensity. Their intensity was just off the scale and hustled like mad men out there. Our lack of depth hurt us here.....when Hassan sits cos of fouls we have nobody like a Gibson or Thompson or an Adams who can continue to work down low for us. This will be something that Riley really will need to address. We can't be true contenders until we get a solid back up for Whiteside.

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
3ballbomber
General Manager

Re: 

Post#700 » by 3ballbomber » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:39 pm

Amorphous Blob wrote:I just hope the team doesn't bring back walker for next season.

I could see both Walker & Ennis go if it meant bringing in needed pieces & talent that we need.

Virtue, Ethics & Honor

Return to Miami Heat