ImageImageImage

Official Miami Heat 2014-2015 Season - Regular Season 3.0 - WE FIGHT!

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Re: Official Miami Heat 2014-2015 Season - Regular Season 3.0 - WE FIGHT! 

Post#761 » by gom » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:12 pm

NBADraft2003 wrote:
gom wrote:
DefenseWins wrote:

He plays like his brother, haven't seen enough around the rim but I liked what I saw. Sure its philly but I like his skill set. Just needs to be a better shooter apparently, but he shot well.

I liked his defense. He can be useful to us for sure... just get something for Rio...

I would be thrilled to get a second rounder and a trade exception.

So disappointed....

:nonono:

You'll even be sadder if the Cavs wins and I become a Bulls fan. LOL.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,948

Post#762 » by DayofMourning » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:20 pm

gom wrote:
NBADraft2003 wrote:
gom wrote:

So disappointed....

Just don't push it too far. I remember when we were playing OKC in the Finals a few years back. I was watching at a bar in Chicago and the Bulls fans hated the Heat so much. One guy got carried away and referred to the Thunder as "we". That was all I needed to hear. We heckled him the rest of the night over that misstep.
gom

Post#763 » by gom » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:28 pm

DayofMourning wrote:
gom wrote:
NBADraft2003 wrote:So disappointed....

Just don't push it too far. I remember when we were playing OKC in the Finals a few years back. I was watching at a bar in Chicago and the Bulls fans hated the Heat so much. One guy got carried away and referred to the Thunder as "we". That was all I needed to hear. We heckled him the rest of the night over that misstep.

The opportunity to torment Cavs fans cannot be missed, but it's like a juicy steak, and I'm a vegetarian.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#764 » by DayofMourning » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:32 pm

gom wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:
gom wrote:

The opportunity to torment Cavs fans cannot be missed, but it's like a juicy steak, and I'm a vegetarian.

They are a pretty absurd bunch. They've tossed all their hopes into the Cavs because they can't count on the Indians (the most painful of my teams to be a fan of) or Browns (is there a worse run franchise in sports?) to bring them any relief? I'd get a big laugh though if Lebron chose to leave in 2016 and they started burning jerseys again.
gom

Post#765 » by gom » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:34 pm

DayofMourning wrote:
gom wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:

They are a pretty absurd bunch. They've tossed all their hopes into the Cavs because they can't count on the Indians (the most painful of my teams to be a fan of) or Browns (is there a worse run franchise in sports?) to bring them any relief? I'd get a big laugh though if Lebron chose to leave in 2016 and they started burning jerseys again.

My team in Brazil, São Paulo, has a rival called Corinthians (a true biblical reference that they're rivals) and I actually kept a video of their fans crying in the stands when their team was relegated to the second division. I've watched it a dozen times or more. It always makes me smile.

If your scenario happens, it would be *almost* as delightful.
Sign5
Head Coach
And1: 9,679

Post#766 » by Sign5 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:40 pm

Send Beasley to the draft, keep the tradition going. Caron in 2003, Wade in 08, sending Beasley should net us the 1st pick if the trend keeps going :lol:
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#767 » by DayofMourning » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:40 pm

gom wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:
gom wrote:

My team in Brazil, São Paulo, has a rival called Corinthians (a true biblical reference that they're rivals) and I actually kept a video of their fans crying in the stands when their team was relegated to the second division. I've watched it a dozen times or more. It always makes me smile.

If your scenario happens, it would be *almost* as delightful.

I understand where you're coming from. The only team I've ever truly hated was the late 90s Knicks. My heat fandom began when Zo was acquired, and immediately afterwards the Knicks became our arch rivals. They were so unlikeable a bunch to play against. Always trying to be bullies, and take us out of our game, rather than play basketball. Whenever they lost in the Finals and rapidly degraded into one of the worst run franchises in the NBA, I really enjoyed every moment. Now, I'm almost sorry for them. They suck so bad in every way. This year's draft pick is the first bit of shining light they've had since that Finals run. Carmelo was a good add for optimism, but the way in which he was acquired was a team destroyer. The team has done nothing of substance since acquiring him either. Its laughable how ill run they are. Even Phil Jackson is no sure thing. He hasn't proven that he can build a team. He's as green as the next guy.
NBADraft2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,123

Post#768 » by NBADraft2003 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:30 pm

gom wrote:
NBADraft2003 wrote:
gom wrote:

So disappointed....

:lol:

Is there any way both could lose? I'm not wired like you gom, can't stand the Celtics, Cavs, or Bulls and never could. I couldn't bring myself to root for any of them.
gom

Post#769 » by gom » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:33 pm

NBADraft2003 wrote:
gom wrote:
NBADraft2003 wrote:So disappointed....

Is there any way both could lose? I'm not wired like you gom, can't stand the Celtics, Cavs, or Bulls and never could. I couldn't bring myself to root for any of them.

I thoroughly enjoy the Cav reaction though. They are very prickly. The thought that all the fandoms of the NBA aren't admiring their auto-fellatio is somehow blasphemous. And if you are a Heat fan that isn't wanting them to win, you are just sad because Lebron spurned you. Sigh.

My major problem is editing my post before I submit, but I already have one strike against me (warning level) so I need to be careful.
NBADraft2003
Lead Assistant

Post#770 » by NBADraft2003 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:44 pm

gom wrote:
NBADraft2003 wrote:
gom wrote:

I thoroughly enjoy the Cav reaction though. They are very prickly. The thought that all the fandoms of the NBA aren't admiring their auto-fellatio is somehow blasphemous. And if you are a Heat fan that isn't wanting them to win, you are just sad because Lebron spurned you. Sigh.

My major problem is editing my post before I submit, but I already have one strike against me (warning level) so I need to be careful.

True. That thread on the GB talking about how we won't make the Playoffs after 4 straight Finals is just filled with idiots. Some Heat fans(Heat3, cyclix, others) were saying how we don't miss Bron and how we've moved on and we were getting generalized as "arrogant" because we got over it, did you see that thread?
gom

Post#771 » by gom » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:48 pm

NBADraft2003 wrote:
gom wrote:
NBADraft2003 wrote: :lol:

True. That thread on the GB talking about how we won't make the Playoffs after 4 straight Finals is just filled with idiots. Some Heat fans(Heat3, cyclix, others) were saying how we don't miss Bron and how we've moved on and we were getting generalized as "arrogant" because we got over it, did you see that thread?

I did. It's very common on GB for the ESPN version of reality to be seen as the only truth. I know Heat fans, dozens of them, both on the Internet (on Reddit & here) and in person. 99% of them have moved on. We just have more in our lives.

Look at this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RzMY8DZRMY

These people are crazy, right?

Oops. That was the Real Madrid x Barcelona video. One second.
gom

Post#772 » by gom » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:49 pm

This video! LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKQVy_RuTOM

I don't know ONE Heat fan that reacted like this.
NBADraft2003
Lead Assistant

Post#773 » by NBADraft2003 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:00 am

Wonder what they're saying now?
NBADraft2003
Lead Assistant

Post#774 » by NBADraft2003 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:01 am

Double Post

Return to Miami Heat