ImageImageImage

Offical Heat off-season, getting ready to beast in 2015-2016

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

dancing2thabeet
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,681

Re: Offical Heat off-season, getting ready to beast in 2015-2016 

Post#841 » by dancing2thabeet » Sun May 24, 2015 10:42 am

Even if Wade signs for less and we don't max Dragic?
orphicwhip wrote:
goodboy wrote:Man I got the flu, still will watch my team play though.

McBob shares the same mentality.
puppa bear
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,500

Post#842 » by puppa bear » Sun May 24, 2015 11:23 am

RexBoyWonder wrote:
puppa bear wrote:
Butter wrote:
Would the Heat be interested in trading for Nicolas Batum?

I personally would be, but I'm not sure what type of deal you would have in mind. What would the Blazers be looking for?

I would want McBob going out - to reduce the 2016 impact of resigning Batum. Deng would then be redundant, so he would likely need to be part of a larger deal.

I suggest you go look up Batum's contract and stats for this past season. Deng makes less and played better.

True, but when you look at the progress of previous years, then buying low on Batum for a 1-year trial might not be a bad thing. If he regains his form from 2013-14 then we could be looking at a great pairing.

The key to me is what they are asking - I wouldn't invest serious assets in him, but there's no harm in kicking the tyres on a deal that could net us a potential long-term fit at the SF.
Butter
General Manager
And1: 124

Post#843 » by Butter » Sun May 24, 2015 11:23 am

puppa bear wrote:
Butter wrote:
Panda Friend 51 wrote:True indeed. I just want something more from the three spot. I like Deng and i know he plays hard and does all the little things yadda yadda but I want a solid three point shooter in a pace and space run and gun style of offense. I hope we could use MLE money on getting that or maybe work out a trade with McBob and Chalmers for (Chandler). I would not be surprised one bit if the team that hires Tibs also finds a way to coax Deng to reunite with him.

Would the Heat be interested in trading for Nicolas Batum?

I personally would be, but I'm not sure what type of deal you would have in mind. What would the Blazers be looking for?

I would want McBob going out - to reduce the 2016 impact of resigning Batum. Deng would then be redundant, so he would likely need to be part of a larger deal.

It would likely need to be a 3 team deal with Deng going to a 3rd team. Really, the only asset that fits what the Blazers need to do is the #10 pick. Im not sure how much the Heat value that pick, but we Wade and Bosh, it seems like they are in a win niw mode.
Sometimes they live by the jumper, and some times they die by the jumper.
Butter
General Manager
And1: 124

Post#844 » by Butter » Sun May 24, 2015 11:26 am

Panda Friend 51 wrote:This article is from April. Not sure how these comments effect his opt in but if we are going up tempo and Deng does not like shooting three's then he is not a fit for our squad.

Luol Deng was dissatisfied with his role on the Heat at times this season.
"When I played [for] Scott Skiles [in Chicago], he didn’t want me shooting any threes," Deng said. "He wanted me close to the rim. My whole focus was the mid-range…. This year, [Erik Spoelstra] wanted me to take the corner threes more than I’ve done in the past…. Not having someone like Josh definitely hurts my game." Deng's role changed (frequently) due to all of the Heat injuries, and it's still unknown if he'll exercise his player option to return next season.

Batum would be perfect for this role.
Sometimes they live by the jumper, and some times they die by the jumper.
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,437

Post#845 » by RexBoyWonder » Sun May 24, 2015 11:30 am

dancing2thabeet wrote:Even if Wade signs for less and we don't max Dragic?

Absolutely no way.

Even if Wade takes just 10 Mil, Dragic gets less then Max, Whiteside takes less then Max, we let Deng go - we still won't be able to sign someone of Batum Caliber in 2016.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
RexBoyWonder
RealGM

Post#846 » by RexBoyWonder » Sun May 24, 2015 11:34 am

RexBoyWonder wrote:

Absolutely no way.

Even if Wade takes just 10 Mil, Dragic gets less then Max, Whiteside takes less then Max, we let Deng go - we still won't be able to sign someone of Batum Caliber in 2016.

This also kills any option of us trading for someone like Batum, because we won't be able to re-sign him in 2016, we'll need to save free cap space for Whiteside.

We have the #10 pick, that's our future wing. He'll be on his rookie contract in 2016. We're not trading it for some heavy contract.
(And regardless of money, Batum isn't worth that pick anyway).
puppa bear
Lead Assistant

Post#847 » by puppa bear » Sun May 24, 2015 11:36 am

If we use the pick & give Dragic a 2016 salary of $20m then we're just under $40m in cap space to work with to resign Whiteside, Wade, others.

Trading the pick & McBob in a trade for Batum would mean that number goes up to over $45m. If we give Hassan his max ($22m) then we'd have over $20m for Wade & Batum - not ideal, but doable, especially if both sign a contract with an opt-out after 1-year, with aim to resign for more $ & years in 2017 (when the cap will be over $100m).
RexBoyWonder
RealGM

Post#848 » by RexBoyWonder » Sun May 24, 2015 11:48 am

puppa bear wrote:

If we use the pick & give Dragic a 2016 salary of $20m then we're just under $40m in cap space to work with to resign Whiteside, Wade, others.

Trading the pick & McBob in a trade for Batum would mean that number goes up to over $45m. If we give Hassan his max ($22m) then we'd have over $20m for Wade & Batum - not ideal, but doable, especially if both sign a contract with an opt-out after 1-year, with aim to resign for more $ & years in 2017 (when the cap will be over $100m).

With cap holds and players getting bigger contracts with the rising cap, not possible in any way. Unless you want to give Wade a pathetic offer. Not to Mention Mcbob's contract can't even match the salary of Batum, it's a non starter. Makes zero sense on every level.
dancing2thabeet
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,681

Post#849 » by dancing2thabeet » Sun May 24, 2015 11:59 am

Better hope we nail the pick, then.
orphicwhip wrote:
goodboy wrote:Man I got the flu, still will watch my team play though.

McBob shares the same mentality.
Hallstar
Head Coach
And1: 6,798

Post#850 » by Hallstar » Sun May 24, 2015 2:15 pm

puppa bear wrote:

Batum had a horrible year, you don't trade a top 10 pick for that
puppa bear
Lead Assistant

Post#851 » by puppa bear » Sun May 24, 2015 2:37 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:
puppa bear wrote:

With cap holds and players getting bigger contracts with the rising cap, not possible in any way. Unless you want to give Wade a pathetic offer. Not to Mention Mcbob's contract can't even match the salary of Batum, it's a non starter. Makes zero sense on every level.

Okay, sorry for not explicitly stating that McBob would have to be sent with the 10 & Bazz to reduce the cap holds by over $9m in 2016, plus have to include a contract of Chalmers. Batum/Blake/23 for 10/McBob/Bazz/Chalmers actually works financially - I know it's not ideal (they would want a 3rd team to absorb McBob ' possibly Chalmers), but it's a starting point for a discussion.

It was stated that it can't happen, the question was asked "Even if Wade signs for less..." The answer to that is yes. It is an unlikely scenario, but a possible one.

It is more likely (& much less financially risky) to simply keep the 10 & 40, hoping we draft a starter & a bench player.

"Makes zero sense on every level" is an overstatement - you're normally one of my preferred posters to read & are well informed on many things, but I think you might have misread the intent of my post. Batum is an interesting thought experiment to explore while we all sit with our thumbs up our arses (Aussie slang for having nothing better to do - not implying people actually finger their anus'), waiting for draft day. We can't officially trade the pick until we've made the pick, and some of the prospect analysis is getting ridiculous. So why not allow the thought experiment?
RexBoyWonder
RealGM

Post#852 » by RexBoyWonder » Sun May 24, 2015 3:43 pm

puppa bear wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:
puppa bear wrote:If we use the pick & give Dragic a 2016 salary of $20m then we're just under $40m in cap space to work with to resign Whiteside, Wade, others.

Okay, sorry for not explicitly stating that McBob would have to be sent with the 10 & Bazz to reduce the cap holds by over $9m in 2016, plus have to include a contract of Chalmers. Batum/Blake/23 for 10/McBob/Bazz/Chalmers actually works financially - I know it's not ideal (they would want a 3rd team to absorb McBob ' possibly Chalmers), but it's a starting point for a discussion.

It was stated that it can't happen, the question was asked "Even if Wade signs for less..." The answer to that is yes. It is an unlikely scenario, but a possible one.

It is more likely (& much less financially risky) to simply keep the 10 & 40, hoping we draft a starter & a bench player.

"Makes zero sense on every level" is an overstatement - you're normally one of my preferred posters to read & are well informed on many things, but I think you might have misread the intent of my post. Batum is an interesting thought experiment to explore while we all sit with our thumbs up our arses (Aussie slang for having nothing better to do - not implying people actually finger their anus'), waiting for draft day. We can't officially trade the pick until we've made the pick, and some of the prospect analysis is getting ridiculous. So why not allow the thought experiment?

Appreciate it, I just truly see no positives in that all endeavor.

We all agree Deng was better then Batum this year. They're both free agent in 2016.

So we have 2 options :

1)Keep Deng, the #10 pick, Mcbob, Rio, And Napier.

Or

2)Go to all this trouble in order to replace Deng with Batum (for 1 year),
lose the #10 pick for the #23 pick,
lose Napier + Mcbob + Rio for 35 YO stetve Blake, (Then hope Deng takes the hint and opts out)
And then jump through hoops in hope we might barley be able to keep Batum after next year.

Why would we even......really.

Still I'm all for both thought experiments (just not this particular one) and asses. Just see the first post in this very own thread on page 1.
UD4MVP
Veteran
And1: 3,091

Post#853 » by UD4MVP » Mon May 25, 2015 4:25 pm

So post all star break, the team we had with Dragic, we were 29th in 3 point shooting, top 10 in turnovers made per game, 2nd to last in assists, and 20th in pace. Ideally in pace we should aim to be in the 10-15 range, a team that can get out and run when we can but also be able to execute in the half-court. Deng is not gonna run the floor, so it's best to get a backup SG and SF that can. Watching GS its amazing how many easy points guys like Barnes and Iggy get just by running and not fumbling the ball like Deng lol.
UD4MVP
Veteran

Post#854 » by UD4MVP » Mon May 25, 2015 4:33 pm

Also we apparently couldve gone after Capela instead of Shabazz last year? Not giving up on Bazz but the way our roster is set up it would be really nice to have Capela as a backup center and less of logjam of guards
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,486

Post#855 » by Bishop45 » Mon May 25, 2015 9:01 pm

want.
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
Dupas
Analyst
And1: 1,860

Post#856 » by Dupas » Mon May 25, 2015 9:23 pm

wade cheering for lebron to win the chip..should i cheer for him too?
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 78,761

Post#857 » by QUIZ » Mon May 25, 2015 9:29 pm

Dupas wrote:wade cheering for lebron to win the chip..should i cheer for him too?

Wade also had a snap chat of him wearing black nail polish… I'm not gonna start wearing that just cause he does. Wade wants his friend to succeed and I have no problem with that, but that doesn't mean that I want the same thing that he does.
Don’t let us get one. — Nikola Jovic

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
Dupas
Analyst
And1: 1,860

Post#858 » by Dupas » Mon May 25, 2015 9:30 pm

qjz123 wrote:
Dupas wrote:wade cheering for lebron to win the chip..should i cheer for him too?

Wade also had a snap chat of him wearing black nail polish… I'm not gonna start wearing that just cause he does. Wade wants his friend to succeed and I have no problem with that, but that doesn't mean that I want the same thing that he does.

i will sent haslem to your house. prepare to get whooped for calling our captain gay
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 78,761

Post#859 » by QUIZ » Mon May 25, 2015 9:34 pm

Dupas wrote:
qjz123 wrote:

i will sent haslem to your house. prepare to get whooped for calling our captain gay

Wade is not gay… just a tad eccentric.

Spoiler:
Don’t let us get one. — Nikola Jovic

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
UD4MVP
Veteran

Post#860 » by UD4MVP » Mon May 25, 2015 9:42 pm

I don't think Lebron would come out and publicly support Wade and Miami in the playoffs had it been the other way around.

Return to Miami Heat