ImageImageImage

Official 2015 NBA Draft Talk 2.0 - Miami Heat Edition

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Re: Official 2015 NBA Draft Talk 2.0 - Miami Heat Edition 

Post#961 » by goodboy » Sun May 24, 2015 5:42 am

contract wrote:
HeatWillRise wrote:
UD4MVP wrote:Even after playing through blood clots for a month you still hate CB. smh

This.

Bosh is probably the most-like-able player in the NBA. The "minor" sacrifice? the phuck? He was the first option franchise guy in Toronto and chose a 3rd fiddle role with all eyes on wade/james. On top of that, he was happy to do it for the success of the team. I literally stopped reading the "minor" sacrifice. He went out of his role to play a different position and jack up 3's where he practiced for years on the heat for making it easier for James/Wade to excel in the post.

Or ... and this is just a theory ... Bosh no longer wanted to be "the guy", so he went someplace where he wouldn't have to be. And maybe he likes standing out at the 3 pt line and chucking 3s rather than banging down low.

Tell that to Spo, not Bosh.

And again, just a theory with no substance, at all.
Bright
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,786

Post#962 » by contract » Sun May 24, 2015 6:11 am

HeatWillRise wrote:
contract wrote:
HeatWillRise wrote:This.

Bosh is probably the most-like-able player in the NBA. The "minor" sacrifice? the phuck? He was the first option franchise guy in Toronto and chose a 3rd fiddle role with all eyes on wade/james. On top of that, he was happy to do it for the success of the team. I literally stopped reading the "minor" sacrifice. He went out of his role to play a different position and jack up 3's where he practiced for years on the heat for making it easier for James/Wade to excel in the post.

Or ... and this is just a theory ... Bosh no longer wanted to be "the guy", so he went someplace where he wouldn't have to be. And maybe he likes standing out at the 3 pt line and chucking 3s rather than banging down low.

No actually that was sarcasm on my part. This past summer Bosh didn't go looking for a prime role or an offense where he could live on the block, he was going to sign with the Rockets to "sacrifice" in exactly the same way as he's been doing here.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
Burnie Riley
Sixth Man
And1: 3,588

Post#963 » by Burnie Riley » Sun May 24, 2015 6:14 am

I feel confident that this man will help Pat make the right decision:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pgc-sS5frZM[/youtube]

It started with a phone call on the Heat side, too.

"Adam," team President Pat Riley remembers asking last November, "what's going on with this guy?"

Adam Simon has worn all hats inside the team's personnel department the past 19 years. College scout. International scout. Advance scout of opposing teams. Director of personnel. Riley remembers Simon, back at his Heat start, "stacking up VHS tapes" of players to study.

In some manner, he's the personnel side's example of Erik Spoelstra, who worked his way up from breaking down video to Heat coach. Simon's title now is the Heat's assistant general manager and general manager of Sioux Falls in the Developmental League.

As such, he became intrigued with Whiteside. Every couple of weeks, Riley gets a report from the scouting staff of the top five available players at every position incorporating the developmental league, Europe, China – the entire known basketball world.

From those lists, the Heat has found gems through the years like Bruce Bowen, Keith Askins, Ike Austin, Udonis Haslem and Voshon Lenard.

Whiteside was at the top of the list Riley got. He was a known commodity before that. The Heat wavered between drafting him and Texas center Dexter Pittman in 2010 with a high second-round pick. There were differences, starting Pittman's more developed body and game.

"When Hassan came from Marshall, he had no clue,'' Riley said. "He just didn't have that basketball IQ. I remember seeing Marshall just put him in a zone in the middle of the court, and he just stood there. He didn't know how to play man-to-man defense."

The Heat took Pittman with the 32nd pick. Sacramento took Whiteside with the 33rd. He played in one game for Sacramento that year before being shipped to Reno of the Development League and starting his journey.

Four years later, Whiteside was back in the D-League with Iowa. Which is why Riley was calling Simon. The scout had been pushing Whiteside. The idea was underlined as Riley inspected the daily box scores from the opening games of the D-League.

"When you go all the way back to the beginning, this is about Chet Kammerer and Adam Simon and Eric Amsler at the top of our scouting department,'' he said. "They keep me aware. They know who's out there."

Full article: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... olumn.html
Burnie Riley
Sixth Man
And1: 3,588

Post#964 » by Burnie Riley » Sun May 24, 2015 6:34 am

I found this article about how Kammerer discovered James Ennis:
James Ennis was not an impulse buy.

The Miami Heat became aware of the Ventura High product when he was still playing at Ventura College two years ago and scouted him in person before he ever took the floor for Long Beach State.

The Heat was also attracted to James' body.

Kammerer explained that the Heat is "very big on" players whose wingspan exceeds their height. For example, guard Mario Chalmers, who is 6-foot-2 with a 6-9 wingspan, is a "plus 7." Ennis, who is 6-7 in socks with a 7-foot wingspan is a plus 5.

Sounds like he must love Oubre from this year's group.

"I heard about (Ennis) when he was at Ventura College," Kammerer said. "His first year at Long Beach State, I went to practice there with coach (Dan) Monson, and watched the first weekend of practice.

"They had this real good team with Casper Ware, (Larry) Anderson and (TJ) Robinson. I went to watch those guys. But when I got there to watch the practice, I noticed this young, long wing. By the end of the practice, I was really impressed with him. I said, ‘There's the best pro prospect on the roster.' "

Full article:
http://www.vcstar.com/news/james-ennis- ... or-a-while

He is not infallible though, aside from passing on Draymond he said these things:
Heat's Chet Kammerer sees Fab Melo with significant NBA upside, "I think he can be a pretty significant player in the league."

Heat Personnel Dir. Chet Kammerer says the best two players in last year's draft were Michael Carter-Williams and Tim Hardaway Jr.
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#965 » by goodboy » Sun May 24, 2015 6:53 am

contract wrote:
HeatWillRise wrote:
contract wrote:Or ... and this is just a theory ... Bosh no longer wanted to be "the guy", so he went someplace where he wouldn't have to be. And maybe he likes standing out at the 3 pt line and chucking 3s rather than banging down low.

No actually that was sarcasm on my part. This past summer Bosh didn't go looking for a prime role or an offense where he could live on the block, he was going to sign with the Rockets to "sacrifice" in exactly the same way as he's been doing here.

pessimist gon' pessimist
Bright
LEIF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 921
Location: Charleston, SC. Born and raised in The City of North Miami.

Post#966 » by LEIF » Sun May 24, 2015 12:13 pm

twix2500 wrote:I watched a lot of game type last night. And Justise Winslow is a shooting guard not a small forward. I notice how small he was while I was watching game tape. Then i looked at his measurements, 6'4.5 without shoes, he just way to small to be a starting SF. So whom ever drafting should be looking at him to fill a shooting guard position.

Watched the Gonzaga game of Stanley johnson, his defense is notoriously good. He is always in front of his man in good stance that players dont even think about trying him. I was getting bored and Im sure he was too, of his man just being scared to try him. His offense, well he has tons of potential and i see his problems. His problem can be fix easily. I know Shawn Marion lived off the floater, but Johnson handle is too dam good to pick up his dribble so early. Whom ever i read said he not athletic, is an idiot. The kid is extremely atheltic just doesnt utilize it to its fullest. If the kid would use his handle all the way to the basket and finish with strength he would of been a 20 plus scorer last year.

When ever he gets in the summer league, they should let him run some point and tell him to trust his handle because its dam good and finish strong like a 250 pounder.

Great stuff twix2500.

More posts like THIS in the DRAFT thread & less Bosh slander with discussion on if/if not he is tradable. Thanks.

Follow me on Twitter @Lefty_Leif
Heat_team02
RealGM
And1: 2,895

Post#967 » by Heat_team02 » Sun May 24, 2015 1:40 pm

Richaun Holmes 2nd Rd New Mix. In his other highlights, his specialty is dunking & can drive.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmGPlCkXzKU[/youtube]
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,471

Post#968 » by Bishop45 » Sun May 24, 2015 1:50 pm

If Bosh would have went to Houston, he would have been "ring chasin'" like Bron but now he is scared for staying and committing to one team... ain't that a b... :rofl:, let's stop spamming this thread with nonsense. Bosh is still top ten in his position.
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,247

Post#969 » by twix2500 » Sun May 24, 2015 1:58 pm

Burnie Riley wrote:I found this article about how Kammerer discovered James Ennis:
James Ennis was not an impulse buy.

The Miami Heat became aware of the Ventura High product when he was still playing at Ventura College two years ago and scouted him in person before he ever took the floor for Long Beach State.

The Heat was also attracted to James' body.

Kammerer explained that the Heat is "very big on" players whose wingspan exceeds their height. For example, guard Mario Chalmers, who is 6-foot-2 with a 6-9 wingspan, is a "plus 7." Ennis, who is 6-7 in socks with a 7-foot wingspan is a plus 5.

Sounds like he must love Oubre from this year's group.

I know im being picky, but it is annoying when people say things out their ass especially when it is the subject of your article. Ennis is 6'5.75 without shoes and 6'7 with shoes (what kind of thick socks give you a inch and quarter of height lol).
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,943

Post#970 » by DayofMourning » Sun May 24, 2015 2:02 pm

Burnie Riley wrote:
Burnie Riley wrote:http://www.foxsports.com/florida/story/ ... ies-052315

A podcast with ira winderman talking about Heat's draft possibilities.

Wow, what a douche. He brings up a possibility of trading Whiteside and the #10 for Towns or Okafor. No wonder people call him Ira Windbag.

If we are going to trade Whiteside and ten for Towns (there's no **** way you entertain that for Okafor) then you might as well trade Bosh to NY and Wade to LA and Dragic to Sacramento because you just gave up on winning now.

Whiteside is untradeable to me. He's a perfect fit next to Bosh and gives us an advantage against almost every team in the league. He's the best rebounder/shot blocker combo in the league. If he's healthy over the next several years he could own the DPOY award. Ira doesn't get that. The Heat got so lucky to find him.
Jaxon
Rookie
And1: 862

Post#971 » by Jaxon » Sun May 24, 2015 2:18 pm

why would we trade Whiteside to draft an inferior and less experienced player? Whiteside is Towns with plus athleticism.
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,471

Post#972 » by Bishop45 » Sun May 24, 2015 2:26 pm

Hoping somehow we land a great back-up center... we would be one of the biggest teams in the league
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,247

Post#973 » by twix2500 » Sun May 24, 2015 2:34 pm

Just watched a couple of games of Kelly Oubre. The first and last impression, the kid is extremely raw. Should of stayed in college another year, and worked with a coach on a lot of fundamentals (his feet positioning is killing his offense). Good dribbler in the open court, but struggles when put pressure is put on him and very weak with his right hand. Again it has to do with is feet, he is a two foot jumper and loses balance when jumping off one foot. Anyways, on the fundamentals... The kid is extremely physically talented, reminds me a lot of Scottie Pippen. Has crazy length broad shoulders 7'2 wingspan, 6'5.75 without shoes 6'7 with shoes (may be a lil taller because of that flat top interfering with measurements). But he relied all on his physical gifts that made him a defensive go to player last year. He was able to recover a lot when he jumped the gun due to his length and athleticism, but that is not gonna cut in the NBA. A true small forward, will take some years to develop and needs one on one coaching. His game on the court gives me confidence that he is a guy who is a willing learner, but just needs that one on one attention. Again he needs time, needs a good 2 years of coaching and could very well be Pippen esque.

shanedude
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,694

Post#974 » by shanedude » Sun May 24, 2015 2:59 pm

So tired of hearing Hassan's name come up in trade scenarios.
Tyler Gang or Die
Heat_Fan_87
RealGM
And1: 22,412

Post#975 » by Heat_Fan_87 » Sun May 24, 2015 3:02 pm

Jaxon wrote:why would we trade Whiteside to draft an inferior and less experienced player? Whiteside is Towns with plus athleticism.

only reason there is...

one is going to cost 100mil over the next 5 years, the other is going to cost less than 30.

I would never trade whiteside, but this team has made poor decisions based on saving money in the past.
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,432

Post#976 » by RexBoyWonder » Sun May 24, 2015 3:17 pm

Jaxon wrote:why would we trade Whiteside to draft an inferior and less experienced player? Whiteside is Towns with plus athleticism.

I wouldn't do it but the argument would be : age, character, huge salary gap.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
Heat_team02
RealGM
And1: 2,895

Post#977 » by Heat_team02 » Sun May 24, 2015 3:28 pm

shanedude wrote:So tired of hearing Hassan's name come up in trade scenarios.

I'd much rather hear trade talks involving Napier packaged with the #10.

Napier & #10 to Boston for #16, #28 & #45 picks.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,432

Post#978 » by RexBoyWonder » Sun May 24, 2015 3:50 pm

Heat_team02 wrote:
shanedude wrote:So tired of hearing Hassan's name come up in trade scenarios.

I'd much rather hear trade talks involving Napier packaged with the #10.

Napier & #10 to Boston for #16, #28 & #45 picks.

That's terrible.

We don't even have roster spots for all these rookies. We need 1 high quality wing (drafted) and one backup Center (second rounder or MLE money).

We don't need 3 more James Enniss/Napiers type talents.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
dancing2thabeet
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,681

Post#979 » by dancing2thabeet » Sun May 24, 2015 3:53 pm

I agree, we already have 4 youngsters, we don't need 3 more. We need rotation ready players.
orphicwhip wrote:
goodboy wrote:Man I got the flu, still will watch my team play though.

McBob shares the same mentality.
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,031

Post#980 » by Flash4thewin » Sun May 24, 2015 4:05 pm

Heat_Fan_87 wrote:

only reason there is...

one is going to cost 100mil over the next 5 years, the other is going to cost less than 30.

I would never trade whiteside, but this team has made poor decisions based on saving money in the past.

Its not only that, we cant out spend other teams offer or offer more years. We are coming off a lottery season. Say we have another bad season, Wade gets hurt again or we dont go far in the playoffs. Whiteside is as good as gone. Also Whiteside has little to no trade value because we dont have his birdrights, so all we can trade him as is a one year rental.

Return to Miami Heat