ImageImageImage

Where does Chris Bosh rank among NBA PFs?

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

Where does Chris Bosh rank among NBA PFs?

top 3
18%
top 5
48%
top 8
18%
top 10
12%
top 15
4%
top 20
No votes
top 25
No votes
top 30
No votes

Total votes: 50

Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,031

Re: Where does Chris Bosh rank among NBA PFs? 

Post#41 » by Flash4thewin » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:40 pm

twix2500 wrote:The only PF i would take over Bosh is LaMarcus and Anthony Davis. Bosh is a better offensive player than every PF except for LaMarcus. And you guys forget, Bosh average 21 pts with the worse point guard play in the league. This is not even counting the leadership.

Anthony Davis is a no brainer, i would rather take Bosh over LaMarcus because with Bosh you can also play him at C and it give you more versatility. This season with an elite PG Bosh will have a very good year.
BenoUdrihFTL
RealGM
And1: 23,487

Post#42 » by BenoUdrihFTL » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:19 pm

I ranked LMA over the modern Bosh that Spo created (i.e. a spot-up shooting role player), but I do still think Bosh is a better player than LMA if used similar to how LMA has been used the last 5 seasons (Bosh's Usage% in a Heat uniform is 23.9 whereas LMA's has been climbing steadily from 25.7 in 2011 to 30.2 in 2015).

I also think LMA's offensive game is somewhat overrated, LMA to me is the Kobe Bryant of PFs; he's a phenomenal shot maker but overall he's a bit of a black hole chucker with low efficiency. LMA's career TS% is .532, bogged down by the last two seasons of .507 in 2014 and .528 in 2015. These are pretty disappointing numbers for what's supposed to be a top-3 offensive PF, especially considering LMA's elite (elite for all NBA players, not just bigs) FT shooting as well as his ability to even hit 3s. Meanwhile Bosh has a career .571 TS%. Before people chalk that up to Bosh padding his efficiency stats as a 3rd option for Miami, I'll note that Bosh posted a cumulative .571 TS% over 7 seasons in Toronto (.592 TS% on 24.0 ppg in his final season up north).

So career .571% on 19.3 ppg to career .532% on 19.4 ppg is a pretty significant difference, and should probably tell us with relative certainty who the better offensive PF is.
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,813

Post#43 » by HeartBreakKid » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:39 pm

dancing2thabeet wrote:
Zbo Gasol Millsap Love ... lol I was sure there were going to be Bass and Sullinger in your list in front of Bosh too
Yeah...those guys are real bums and Bosh is a superstar. Comparing those guys to Brandon Bass rofl.

Also, Bosh has career RPG of 8.6 while LMA is at 8.4. Care to guess their career PPG? 19.3 for Bosh and 19.4 for LMA ... while taking note that Bosh played 4 season with those guys Dwyane Wade AND Lebron James
Citing that bosh played with Wade and James, but then not citing who Bosh played with in Toronto? Bosh only put up crazy boxscore stats in Toronto because he was playing losing basketball. He didn't do anything

. Let's take defense out of the question because Bosh eats LMA alive on that end. Wait maybe LMA has a better FG% than Bosh? Nope. Surely he is a better three point shooter than Bosh? Nope. But LMA made playoffs on his own! Yeah, he had to drag scrubs such as Lillard, Matthews, Batum and Lopez there. I'm running out of arguments for LMA.

And what did Chris Bosh ever do by himself? He couldn't even make the playoffs in the East, and you can't even say that it's because his team was bad, because there are always teams that make the playoffs that don't have a single star in the East. Yet you're trying to tell me that Bosh is a borderline top ten player still? That's jokes.

Bosh didn't "drag" his team, but he was by far the best player on his team. And I love how you're citing his team like they are megastacked, compared to the West they don't stand out and they have a horrible bench. Safe to say Bosh has had the better team of lately.

LMA has an actual back to the basket game that gives him portability, he doesn't need to dominate the ball in his hand to be the #1 option and most of all he does not rebound like a pussy. You citing their raw RPG as proof that they are even is jokes. Bosh hasn't played with another big in YEARS and he still puts up poverty rebounds. Lebron James was the lead rebounder on his team, and even this year he only averaged 7 rebounds. He's averaged 7 rebounds throughout his entire Miami tenure including post James era, and that is quite a bit less than what LMA has averaged. Being the offensive anchor on a 50 win team > Chris Bosh underachieving in the playoffs every single year of his career, and missing the playoffs the majority of the time he's ever been the best player on his team.

All you're doing is comparing PPG and RPG, and not even that - you're comparing CAREER RPG and PPG as if that is relevant when deciding who is better today. That is jokes.

Also, if we take your crappy argument of just comparing PPG and RPG - then how on earth is Bosh a better player than either Kevin Love, did you even think about that? Your basic ass criteria for comparing players still backfires, and the fact that you think Paul Milsap is a scrub shows you don't know anything. I mean this is a Heat forum so no one is going to give a fair assessment, but I guess you can live in your own little bubble.
Heat_Fan_87
RealGM
And1: 22,412

Post#44 » by Heat_Fan_87 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:50 pm

tough one. Now that he has whiteside next to him, im going to say he plays like a top 3 PF this season. but considering the past, i voted top5 5.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,859

Post#45 » by KingDavid » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:16 pm

HeartBreakKid wrote:
dancing2thabeet wrote:
Zbo Gasol Millsap Love ... lol I was sure there were going to be Bass and Sullinger in your list in front of Bosh too
Yeah...those guys are real bums and Bosh is a superstar. Comparing those guys to Brandon Bass rofl.

Also, Bosh has career RPG of 8.6 while LMA is at 8.4. Care to guess their career PPG? 19.3 for Bosh and 19.4 for LMA ... while taking note that Bosh played 4 season with those guys Dwyane Wade AND Lebron James
Citing that bosh played with Wade and James, but then not citing who Bosh played with in Toronto? Bosh only put up crazy boxscore stats in Toronto because he was playing losing basketball. He didn't do anything

. Let's take defense out of the question because Bosh eats LMA alive on that end. Wait maybe LMA has a better FG% than Bosh? Nope. Surely he is a better three point shooter than Bosh? Nope. But LMA made playoffs on his own! Yeah, he had to drag scrubs such as Lillard, Matthews, Batum and Lopez there. I'm running out of arguments for LMA.

And what did Chris Bosh ever do by himself? He couldn't even make the playoffs in the East, and you can't even say that it's because his team was bad, because there are always teams that make the playoffs that don't have a single star in the East. Yet you're trying to tell me that Bosh is a borderline top ten player still? That's jokes.

Bosh didn't "drag" his team, but he was by far the best player on his team. And I love how you're citing his team like they are megastacked, compared to the West they don't stand out and they have a horrible bench. Safe to say Bosh has had the better team of lately.

LMA has an actual back to the basket game that gives him portability, he doesn't need to dominate the ball in his hand to be the #1 option and most of all he does not rebound like a pussy. You citing their raw RPG as proof that they are even is jokes. Bosh hasn't played with another big in YEARS and he still puts up poverty rebounds. Lebron James was the lead rebounder on his team, and even this year he only averaged 7 rebounds. He's averaged 7 rebounds throughout his entire Miami tenure including post James era, and that is quite a bit less than what LMA has averaged. Being the offensive anchor on a 50 win team > Chris Bosh underachieving in the playoffs every single year of his career, and missing the playoffs the majority of the time he's ever been the best player on his team.

All you're doing is comparing PPG and RPG, and not even that - you're comparing CAREER RPG and PPG as if that is relevant when deciding who is better today. That is jokes.

Also, if we take your crappy argument of just comparing PPG and RPG - then how on earth is Bosh a better player than either Kevin Love, did you even think about that? Your basic ass criteria for comparing players still backfires, and the fact that you think Paul Milsap is a scrub shows you don't know anything. I mean this is a Heat forum so no one is going to give a fair assessment, but I guess you can live in your own little bubble.

Bosh is not going to get rebounds over that monster Hassan Whiteside. Whiteside is the best rebounding center in the Eastern Conference. He's not one of the scrub big men that are on Portland. We played at the slowest pace in the NBA. There are no rebounds to be had for Bosh. But this comparison ends on the defensive end. And I don't expect Bosh to improve on the rebound numbers since his game is stretching the floor. He's cooked LMA head to head.

Keep sticking to the offensive side of the ball though. I love how you completely yet, conveniently ignore the defensive end of the ball. That's what separates him from the LMA's and the Love's of the NBA. Imagine, Chris fkn Bosh getting sat out of fourth quarters because he sucks on defense like Love. Chris Bosh "underachieving" as a third option has led to championships. We'll take it. Bosh is the better PF between him and LMA. Of course Bosh couldn't prove anything this season, did you forget that he was gone post ASB? He's the best pick and pop big in basketball but was declared out for the season when we finally got the best pick and pop guard in Dragic. But you're a Celtics fan and we took the guy your board wanted badly, so naturally you'd be salty and start making comparisons without a fair frame of context against a Heat player. Get the **** out, please.

And pre-Miami, Toronto was pure trash. THAT'S why he didn't make noise in the playoffs in the east back then. The only PF in today's game that could have led that horse-**** of a team to a playoff berth is AD. Kobe scored 81 on em!
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,859

Post#46 » by KingDavid » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:24 pm

I didn't vote because he only played half the goddamned year without a chance to mesh with significant roster changes. IMO, it's borderline stupid to vote on his placement because he has to prove himself as a top option and couldn't do that this season. Check me next summer.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
BenoUdrihFTL
RealGM
And1: 23,487

Post#47 » by BenoUdrihFTL » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:00 pm

HeartBreakKid wrote:
dancing2thabeet wrote:

lol where to begin with this mess

- Bosh did make the playoffs in TOR. Multiple times. He carried two of the worst playoff teams in NBA history to the playoffs in TOR.

- You cite Bosh's lack of teammates in TOR to downplay his impressive individual production yet then conveniently ignore his lack of teammates in TOR when making the false claim that he never got to the playoffs in TOR. How very... convenient.

- LMA's portable back to the basket game resulted in the relative majority of his FGA last season coming from the 16ft-<3pt range (aka the most inefficient shot in basketball), from where LMA shot a blistering .409%. Contrast that to Bosh, who in his last full season ('13-14) took the relative majority of his shots at the rim, from where Bosh shot .710%. inb4 "he only got those shots cause LeBron": Bosh took most of his shots at the rim even when he was in TOR, and Bosh was a much more efficient scorer than LMA even when Bosh was in TOR.

- Bosh has a career 14.2 total REB%, LMA has a career 13.8 total REB%. Bosh has also been made to spend the last 5 years forfeiting rebounding position to defend the PnR.

- Bosh has been a better playoff performer throughout his career than LMA. Bosh: playoff career 18.4 PER, .553 TS%, .144 WS/48, 112 ORtg, 105 DRtg. LMA: playoff career 19.0 PER, .494 TS%, .069 WS/48, 104 ORtg, 111 DRtg.

You'll note that earlier in this thread I ranked current LMA higher than Spo's current utilization of Bosh, however the reality is that Bosh can do everything LMA can do but Bosh can do it all better. The lone edge LMA might have is rebounding but even then it's very close.
dancing2thabeet
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,681

Post#48 » by dancing2thabeet » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:04 pm

HeartBreakKid wrote:
dancing2thabeet wrote:

It would probably be fun to continue this conversation, but you gotta give me more than "I think LMA is better." You gotta give me some facts. Now I know I went pretty basic with career PPG and RPG but that's just because from your posts it didn't seem like you could handle anything more. You said Bosh never made playoffs and you did put Zbo above Bosh so there's that, among other nonsense. I'm not saying Bosh is infinitely better than LMA but you just put Bosh like 3 tiers lower than him and that's just pure disrespect, especially when in reality Bosh beat him in H2H almost every time they met. Also, for a pussy rebounder Bosh did grab a pretty important one... "back out to Allen, his three pointer, BANG"

To sum it up, Bosh can do things that LMA can, but it doesn't work the other way around. Sure, LMA has a better low post game and is probably a tougher rebounder - but that's pretty much it. Bosh is better at EVERY OTHER aspect of the game and that's a fact.
orphicwhip wrote:
goodboy wrote:Man I got the flu, still will watch my team play though.

McBob shares the same mentality.
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,442

Post#49 » by RexBoyWonder » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:32 am

RonySeikalyFTW pretty much said it all and killed the argument.

LaMarcus Aldridge has been overrated for a few years and Bosh has been underrated. Mainly due to roles and narratives.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs

Return to Miami Heat