ImageImageImage

And in the 2015 NBA draft the Miami Heat select....JUSTISE WINSLOWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,051

Re: And in the 2015 NBA draft the Miami Heat select....JUSTISE WINSLOWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Post#1281 » by GameTime_3 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:58 pm

Justiise has been great on D but on offensive, he has been the polar opposite at time. He relies on a 3, that isn't working way to often and doesn't attack the rim enough for my liking right now. He has the body to attack but he is a bit afraid right now to do anything wrong on the offensive side of the ball. Last night they put a center on him, so that the center could play center field and leave Justise wide open. You can't have that. The kid will be better but he must also improve a bit on that side of the ball.
Heat_Fan_87
RealGM
And1: 22,412

Re: And in the 2015 NBA draft the Miami Heat select....JUSTISE WINSLOWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Post#1282 » by Heat_Fan_87 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:01 pm

GameTime_3 wrote:Justiise has been great on D but on offensive, he has been the polar opposite at time. He relies on a 3, that isn't working way to often and doesn't attack the rim enough for my liking right now. He has the body to attack but he is a bit afraid right now to do anything wrong on the offensive side of the ball. Last night they put a center on him, so that the center could play center field and leave Justise wide open. You can't have that. The kid will be better but he must also improve a bit on that side of the ball.

I love winslow, but he is borderline unplayable due to his offense. opposing teams are putting their centers on him(basically not even guarding him) hard to watch. he keeps falling back on his jumper. i think he improves over the summer, but right now, its bad.
GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,051

Post#1283 » by GameTime_3 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:05 pm

Heat_Fan_87 wrote:
GameTime_3 wrote:Justiise has been great on D but on offensive, he has been the polar opposite at time. He relies on a 3, that isn't working way to often and doesn't attack the rim enough for my liking right now. He has the body to attack but he is a bit afraid right now to do anything wrong on the offensive side of the ball. Last night they put a center on him, so that the center could play center field and leave Justise wide open. You can't have that. The kid will be better but he must also improve a bit on that side of the ball.

I love winslow, but he is borderline unplayable due to his offense. opposing teams are putting their centers on him(basically not even guarding him) hard to watch. he keeps falling back on his jumper. i think he improves over the summer, but right now, its bad.

You can play him but you have to be careful. To close out a game, you can since you know Wade/Bosh and Goran will take most of the shots but for long stretches, where we are slowing the tempo for no reason, its hard to have him. Justise can run the court, has a very high IQ but to often, we bring it up and have him stand in the corner. I recall earlier in the year we posted him up a bit but now, they all go to Deng since we aren't using Deng off screens or back cuts.
orphicwhip
Starter
And1: 5,482

Post#1284 » by orphicwhip » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:36 pm

IDK if I posted this in this thread or not but Justise's biggest problem besides his jumper is his FOOTWORK.

It's really bad. It's why he blows fastbreak layups or shots really close to the rim or throws up soft shots that get blocked. He can't gather consistently. That limits his handle even more and probably his confidence in driving as well.

The good thing? footwork has to be the EASIEST thing a ball player can fix with tons of reps. Once he does that and I believe that his jumper will improve, the sky is the limit for this kid. He can already pass, rebound and play GREAT D. He's the perfect wing to mold. My only fear is that our player development or coaching staff fails him, or worse, we trade him.

I hope he has a crazy work ethic and drive and makes the most of the offseason because it'll be crucial for his future.
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,123

Post#1285 » by twix2500 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:43 pm

The problem everyone they put on the court is trying to drive and score at the basket. You can't have all five guys doing that.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Heat_Fan_87
RealGM
And1: 22,412

Post#1286 » by Heat_Fan_87 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:47 pm

twix2500 wrote:The problem everyone they put on the court is trying to drive and score at the basket. You can't have all five guys doing that.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Thats what happens when you assemble a team with no shooters.
orphicwhip
Starter

Post#1287 » by orphicwhip » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:23 pm

Seriously can't stress enough how bad Justise's foot work is, it undermines his handle so much. His body is too low when he drives too and can't gather consistently and that makes him miss so many easy opportunities.

At the same time, knowing how easy it is to fix has me so excited for this kid's future. God I hope our coaching staff doesn't neglect this kid.
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 78,750

Post#1288 » by QUIZ » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:29 pm

orphicwhip wrote:Seriously can't stress enough how bad Justise's foot work is, it undermines his handle so much. His body is too low when he drives too and can't gather consistently and that makes him miss so many easy opportunities.

At the same time, knowing how easy it is to fix has me so excited for this kid's future. God I hope our coaching staff doesn't neglect this kid.

It also limits his athleticism. The kid can jump but more often than not he'll chose to toss up a soft floater/layup instead of dunking the ball.
Don’t let us get one. — Nikola Jovic

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
orphicwhip
Starter

Post#1289 » by orphicwhip » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:37 pm

QUIZ wrote:
orphicwhip wrote:Seriously can't stress enough how bad Justise's foot work is, it undermines his handle so much. His body is too low when he drives too and can't gather consistently and that makes him miss so many easy opportunities.

It also limits his athleticism. The kid can jump but more often than not he'll chose to toss up a soft floater/layup instead of dunking the ball.

YES. absolutely. You see him with his head at the rim on blocks or even that dunk he had on the Hornets but because he can't gather very well he's throwing up super soft layup attempts because he's tripping over himself try to put up a shot attempt.

I don't want to compare the two but Westbrook was obviously far ahead of Winslow in terms of creating scoring opportunities for himself but he had terrible footwork coming into his league, the improvement from his 1st to third seasons was INSANE, he used to just throw himself at the rim with his crazy vert but by his third season he could actually score at the rim really well and could actually put up very effective layups and shot attempts.

So glad he's only 19.
CanesHeatFins
Senior
And1: 650

Post#1290 » by CanesHeatFins » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:51 am

The suposed less ready than Winslow, 19yo Booker, just went off for 32. Our 19yo looks like the worst offensive perimeter player in the entire league, and yet I feel like I'm the only one that feels like Meryl Streep.
Burnie Riley
Sixth Man
And1: 3,588

Post#1291 » by Burnie Riley » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:11 pm

CanesHeatFins wrote:The suposed less ready than Winslow, 19yo Booker, just went off for 32. Our 19yo looks like the worst offensive perimeter player in the entire league, and yet I feel like I'm the only one that feels like Meryl Streep.

It's frustrating when the three guys picked right after him are coming along nicely offensively. Myles Turner was out for a few months and he comes out shooting like Chris Bosh lately:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fKxQeKR4UE[/youtube]
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I28uRJmJm74[/youtube]

Trey Lyles is also coming along shooting like 44% from 3.

It's interesting to me that Winslow is the only one we didn't see working on his game before the draft. Everybody else was at places like P3 working on their game and putting out pre draft workout videos. Hopefully he figures it out because we need more than Michael Kidd-Gilchrist.
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,353

Post#1292 » by Bishop45 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:27 pm

I'm not really worried about Winslow, I thought he would be further along offensively than he is but he's a smart player... I have very little doubt about him and certainly no envy over Devine Booker, tbh
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,123

Post#1293 » by twix2500 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:52 pm

As of right now Winslow is strictly a defensive role player. Yes he 19 yrs old, but right now its hard to play him because of the struggles the Heat are having on offense, in which he exaggerates that problem even more. He is pretty much the player I thought he would be when I scouted him. I dont know if I stated it here, but I stated it after I scouted him that I would not be surprised if he fall in the draft. I dont think he will be much of an offensive threat any time soon. I want to him to attack more on defense. He very solid but we need him to be great. Need to see him create more turnovers to compensate for the lack of offense.
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,450

Post#1294 » by gom » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:26 pm

Thoughts on sending Justise to Sioux Falls to learn to shoot the orange ball into the hoop. If we could shed a useless player (by waiving him - wide selection of choices available) we could bring up someone from the D-League for his place.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#1295 » by Bishop45 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:30 pm

gom wrote:Thoughts on sending Justise to Sioux Falls to learn to shoot the orange ball into the hoop. If we could shed a useless player (by waiving him - wide selection of choices available) we could bring up someone from the D-League for his place.

It would be nice to get him some time to develop but we, like... need him right now lol

Rest in Power Chadwick

gom

Post#1296 » by gom » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:37 pm

Bishop45 wrote:
gom wrote:Thoughts on sending Justise to Sioux Falls to learn to shoot the orange ball into the hoop. If we could shed a useless player (by waiving him - wide selection of choices available) we could bring up someone from the D-League for his place.

It would be nice to get him some time to develop but we, like... need him right now lol

No. We don't. He doesn't make the team much better like he is. Run Deng & Green at the SF position. We're not winning as it is. We need to think long-term with Justise. He's barely able to hit the rim (even throwing airballs). We need him to succeed and a trip to frozen Iowa might be helpful. He'll get the ball more and be force to put up shots. When he comes back players will have to guard him.

We do need a roster space though. The time has come to waive Birdman. The team is playing garbage. They need to see the consequences of their trashy play. Having players that contribute nothing on the team only make the others working resentful.

Waive Birdman and bring up someone who can play in the backcourt. Screw team chemistry. It means nothing now.

There is a carrot and a stick. How would you like to be Micky Arison paying these turds almost $100M to bring this "spectacle" out onto the court? A programmer at Carnaval Cruise Lines making 60K a year is supposed to show up every day and work. Most of these players make more than 60K a game!
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#1297 » by Bishop45 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:42 pm

gom wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:

No. We don't. He doesn't make the team much better like he is. Run Deng & Green at the SF position. We're not winning as it is. We need to think long-term with Justise. He's barely able to hit the rim (even throwing airballs). We need him to succeed and a trip to frozen Iowa might be helpful. He'll get the ball more and be force to put up shots. When he comes back players will have to guard him.

We do need a roster space though. The time has come to waive Birdman. The team is playing garbage. They need to see the consequences of their trashy play. Having players that contribute nothing on the team only make the others working resentful.

Waive Birdman and bring up someone who can play in the backcourt. Screw team chemistry. It means nothing now.

There is a carrot and a stick. How would you like to be Micky Arison paying these turds almost $100M to bring this "spectacle" out onto the court? A programmer at Carnaval Cruise Lines making 60K a year is supposed to show up every day and work. Most of these players make more than 60K a game!

I'm not sure we have anyone to play in his place that wouldn't send our defense crashing towards the boards. He's probably our best wing defender and our defense is barely enough on most nights. I'd like to see him get more time to develop but I don't know how effective a trip to the d-league would be..

Rest in Power Chadwick

gom

Post#1298 » by gom » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:48 pm

Bishop45 wrote:
gom wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:

I'm not sure we have anyone to play in his place that wouldn't send our defense crashing towards the boards. He's probably our best wing defender and our defense is barely enough on most nights. I'd like to see him get more time to develop but I don't know how effective a trip to the d-league would be..

I think a two week trip to Sioux Falls would result in a far more motivated Justise Winslow:

Sioux Falls:

Miami Beach:

Bishop45
RealGM

Post#1299 » by Bishop45 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:54 pm

GoM you trying to kill him cause he can't shoot?!?!

Rest in Power Chadwick

QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 78,750

Post#1300 » by QUIZ » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:34 pm

No, a trip to the d league would be demoralizing. It wouldn't be motivating.
Don’t let us get one. — Nikola Jovic

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda

Return to Miami Heat