ImageImageImage

Random Thoughts XVI

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Re: Random Thoughts XVI 

Post#1941 » by goodboy » Sun Jun 5, 2016 8:09 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J_vjY0i3KU[/youtube]

1:16 :rofl:
Bright
Maroko
Lead Assistant
And1: 11,432

Post#1942 » by Maroko » Sun Jun 5, 2016 9:18 pm

HeatWillRise wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J_vjY0i3KU[/youtube]

1:16 :rofl:

Dont worry, you are safe with HWR as your bodyguard !

Man all that talk about protein, training.... :nonono: :nonono: :nonono:
dancing2thabeet
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,681

Post#1943 » by dancing2thabeet » Sun Jun 5, 2016 11:32 pm

Maroko, are you seriously going to argue with me about the history of my country? About the conflict my father and both uncles told me about firsthand because they were, you know, there? You're supposed to be an NBA fan and we all know your basketball knowledge is subpar at best, yet you want to debate something you know absolutely nothing about - apart from the two paragraphs you read on wikipedia, of course. Let's just not go there, okay?

Secondly, I never said racism is gone for good. It's still there along with all other non-race related crimes of modern world. And none of it is going away. However, it's infinitely better today compared to how it was in days of Cassius growing up. Racism is not enforced by political parties anymore (think apartheid) and it's not an issue he would still struggle with - which was the reason for the name change in the first place. Slave days are over. Me calling him by his birth-name isn't a sign of disrespect, but a sign of me acknowledging how far we've come in regard to racial segregation and the horrors behind it. It's also a sign of me not giving a damn about how self proclaimed "loved by god" converted to islam, as if christianity invented racism. He was the greatest boxer of all time and even greater human rights activist, but he was also full of himself. Now, since you're clearly the expert, you know full well about the other reason he changed his name, right?

Another thing: might I suggest you stick to gifs and not to actual words while posting? Because your English looks like somebody took a big, steamy dump on Joakim Noah's jumpshot.
orphicwhip wrote:
goodboy wrote:Man I got the flu, still will watch my team play though.

McBob shares the same mentality.
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#1944 » by goodboy » Sun Jun 5, 2016 11:37 pm

Bright
Maroko
Lead Assistant
And1: 11,432

Post#1945 » by Maroko » Mon Jun 6, 2016 12:18 am

@ That Slovenian Thabeet fan :

Who wrote :

Although racism might not be completely gone, it's certainly been supressed from civilized world

Who has a problem with english ? :crazy: :crazy:

I showed you all the titles of big newspaper from all over the world and it was written "Muhammad Ali" not the name you keep using by disrepecting a dead man. You are the simple mind here not me, you think you are right by doing it that way, talking to us that because the racism is gone in the civilize world, we should call him by his original name... Who are you to say this kind of non sense ?

Here we go with your true face with the "as if christianity invented racism" WHO SAID THAT ?
And for your information, show me where you have to change your name in Islam. Let me clear about it, there is no law about it and nothing about it in the Quran.

What was for that pic ? Why the Miami Heat, a basketball team right, took that pic ? Was it in the 60's, 70's, 80, 90' ? Distant past right ? Why did they stand for that young man who got killed ?

I got no answer from you with these Neo-Nazi standing in Slovenia ? Was it in Wikipedia ? What about the Gispy people living in Slovenia, do they have the same right ?

OK THX BYE

Return to Miami Heat