ImageImageImage

Official Heat Offseason 4.0 - Spoghetti and Green Sauce

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Re: Official Heat Offseason 4.0 - Spoghetti and Green Sauce 

Post#1921 » by gom » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:04 pm

KingDavid wrote:
Bourne85 wrote:My prediction stands. 5th seed, 2nd round exit.

Fk yo opinion.

Agreed.

If we get to the postseason (and - again just like last year - we should), I don't think we should put limits on our expectations. I refer you to Hassan Whiteside's tweet to see the consequences of doubting our team.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/youngwhiteside/status/626095860414177280[/tweet]

Bonus: Hello there!

[instagram]https://instagram.com/p/5s9G6kl0J1/[/instagram]
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#1922 » by HIF » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:08 pm

N82WILL wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:
HIF wrote:
So he's a sophomore as TJ is whilst JRish is a rookie. He has more experience leading teams but was not as good as TJ last year or JRich in SL. He certainlydoesn't have a higher BBIQ - I'd say he has the lowest of the three - more Rio like.

Bazz would run an offense for us no better than either of them and god help us if we need them to when we have Goran, Wade and other experienced guys on the team.

You still seem to think that Shabby would actually make a difference for us if needed. He wouldn't if Goran is out Shabazz makes no difference to our chances at all.

... Your agenda against Shabazz seems too apparent for me to take this post seriously... at all...

Bishop, just let it go. Him and Maroko are the same person/poster. It's obvious, the only thing they talk about is Napier. Trust me, you are better off ignoring him as i do.

If talking about Napier makes us the same person then you, me, Maroko and Bishop must be the same person. What a stupid comment!

Just admit to yourself that your buddy wasn't good enough (as I and Maroko said) for the Heat FO - you know the experts who matter - and move on.

Get back to your Spo bashing - you've always enjoyed that.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#1923 » by gom » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:20 pm

HIF wrote:
N82WILL wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:
... Your agenda against Shabazz seems too apparent for me to take this post seriously... at all...

Bishop, just let it go. Him and Maroko are the same person/poster. It's obvious, the only thing they talk about is Napier. Trust me, you are better off ignoring him as i do.

If talking about Napier makes us the same person then you, me, Maroko and Bishop must be the same person. What a stupid comment!

Just admit to yourself that your buddy wasn't good enough (as I and Maroko said) for the Heat FO - you know the experts who matter - and move on.

What is this fascination that people have for having multiple accounts? Don't you have any friends besides the ones in your head?
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
heat4life
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 6,258

Post#1924 » by heat4life » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:50 pm

Best explanation on why Napier is no longer with the Heat...

From Barry Jackson - Miami Herald
### One NBA general manager who spoke to the Heat said Heat brass realized Shabazz Napier “was not good enough. At that size (6-1), you have to be really quick or a very good shooter, and he’s neither.”... Please see the last post for details on Josh Richardson's signing.
Link
ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP
Jaxon
Rookie
And1: 862

Post#1925 » by Jaxon » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:08 pm

All the dudes in our own fanbase disrespecting this team, I wanna see these same guys come April when we've established ourselves as legit contenders. Probably gonna be railing against us making it to the ECF or being able to beat the Cavs by then though. :noway:
dancing2thabeet
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,681

Post#1926 » by dancing2thabeet » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:15 pm

KingDavid wrote:
Spoiler:
Bourne85 wrote:My prediction stands. 5th seed, 2nd round exit.

Cavs
Bulls
Hawks
wizards
Heat
Rap
Bucks
Pacers

I hope I'm wrong, but usually, I'm not.

Beginning of last season I had us 7th. I was yelled/bitched at for that. I don't judge things with homer glasses, I took into account injuries and whatnot, even then I cut it too close and we missed the playoffs and were 9th.

This season, well like most say "on paper" we probably are second best starting 5 in the east. But does that paper include Wade missing 25minimum? Does it account for Bosh? Surely you guys aren't expecting 36min a night any time soon. I see us working him back in slowly, possibly with a minute restriction for the first half of the season. Also expect some rust from Boshs game. Deng is the oldest what 28 yo on the planet. You can thank thibs for that. He wasn't all that last year and I expect more of the same this year. He was terrible for Cleveland, and hasn't been much better for us. His Bulls days are over.

And again, I don't like our bench at all. Mcbob and a rookie. With bonehead chalmers and scrub amare and Chuck fest Green. Oh boy. Won't even talk about guys like ennis, tj, ud....don't expect anything from them. Although tj was ok from time to time last year, still a scrub in my book tho.

Makes for an interesting season sure, but a championship? No Chance.

We are VERY fortunate to be in the east where we only have a handful of good teams to stand in our way.

But at the end of the line there is a mountain to big to overcome and that is Mr Lebron James and the high powered Cavs. We will lose, but il be damned if I'm not looking forward to that mega series. Cannot wait.

I had a reply to your post. But it was a little too emotional, even for me. Everyone has a right to an opinion. You can't wait for our matchup with Cleveland, cool, neither can I...but you can't wait for the Heat to play at least ONE game with this unit we have now before making such horrible injury predictions? The fact is you still weren't right about last season, regardless of your 7th place prediction. If you're affronting to be clairvoyant about Hassan's emergence, McBob showing up to camp and then blowing out his knee, Dragic's arrival, dismissal of half the team, Bosh going down with bi-lat p. emboli, and multiple random injuries; then I'm going to need tonight's Powerball numbers STAT! Much appreciate.

Additionally;

Fk yo opinion.

I called his breakout game vs. the Clips. Can I make a prediction? :oops:
orphicwhip wrote:
goodboy wrote:Man I got the flu, still will watch my team play though.

McBob shares the same mentality.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#1927 » by HIF » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:24 pm

gom wrote:
HIF wrote:
N82WILL wrote:Bishop, just let it go. Him and Maroko are the same person/poster. It's obvious, the only thing they talk about is Napier. Trust me, you are better off ignoring him as i do.

What is this fascination that people have for having multiple accounts? Don't you have any friends besides the ones in your head?

I don't have any other account than this one. It's simply people who don't like other people disagreeing with them trying to believe that it's only 1 person who disagrees.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
ReturnofMVP3
RealGM
And1: 11,580

Post#1928 » by ReturnofMVP3 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:43 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/KingJames/status/626174424639737856[/tweet]
he coming home
Donald Trump is an idiot.
ReturnofMVP3
RealGM

Post#1929 » by ReturnofMVP3 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:45 pm

I had a dream we cut Amare, then Eminem invited me to a house to help him babysit a little kid. Except while in the house I found out Eminem just snuck in and locked the parents out. So I was like an accomplice to child abduction and he wouldn't let me leave when i told him it wasn't cool.
iniazi
Freshman
And1: 45

Post#1930 » by iniazi » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:24 pm

We can legit contend for a championship if Hassan and Dragic are our best two players, and health, obviously. You know Wade and Bosh are gonna do their thing. They'll produce. If Hassan and the Dragon elevate their games above Wade and Bosh's, then our squad is as good as any other. Sofa-king excited for this year!
Myam333
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,909

Post#1931 » by Myam333 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:32 pm

heater4life wrote:
Rapaz wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/626437603093544960[/tweet]
We were rumored to be interested in him a few months ago . . .

If he clears waivers say bye bye James Ennis.

I would give him the boot so quick...
CoolD
Lead Assistant
And1: 971

Post#1932 » by CoolD » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:33 pm

heat4life wrote:Best explanation on why Napier is no longer with the Heat...

### One NBA general manager who spoke to the Heat said Heat brass realized Shabazz Napier “was not good enough. At that size (6-1), you have to be really quick or a very good shooter, and he’s neither.”... Please see the last post for details on Josh Richardson's signing.
Link
I think I made this same assessment a couple times, most recently was like a month ago.(which I got attacked by some Napier apologists) I almost feel like looking up my own post to toot my own horn.

Though I still think Napier can improve his own shot, but the fact he doesn't have the cleanest release, so that also made me hesitant to believe he would become an elite shooter in the the NBA. Which for him to be NBA starter, he would need to be an elite shooter, to compensate for his other weaknesses, very small, not having elite quickness, very frail frame.
insfo
General Manager
And1: 11,208

Post#1933 » by insfo » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:46 pm

ReturnofMVP3 wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/KingJames/status/626174424639737856[/tweet]
he coming home

he chose to answer pretty weak questions ... seriously though, how could he not pick this gem?? :lol:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/isitcoffeytime/status/626167575337168896[/tweet]
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,806

Post#1934 » by KingDavid » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:49 pm

iniazi wrote:We can legit contend for a championship if Hassan and Dragic are our best two players, and health, obviously. You know Wade and Bosh are gonna do their thing. They'll produce. If Hassan and the Dragon elevate their games above Wade and Bosh's, then our squad is as good as any other. Sofa-king excited for this year!

Uh, not exactly. Great to be excited though.

Dragic and Bosh have to be our #1s for now since they're the best in the league at the Pick & Pop. That will be our go to offense. Then the Pick & Roll with Wade and Whiteside surrounded by shooters. Then the post up with Whiteside. Dragic can't consistently run the Pick & Roll on an elite level like other elite guards out there (think about how nasty John Wall is with that play). That's his weakness and honestly the reason why he isn't a unanimous top 3 PG. But between Dragic and Bosh/Mcroberts/STAT, the P&P will more than suffice for our needs. Very hard play to defend with a Forward like Bosh who can put the ball on the floor against slow defenders or shoot over short ones. Bosh's skill forces the action of his defender to stay home and can't hedge off Bosh to stop Dragic or else it's open season for Bosh from 18ft and out. With Wade and Whiteside, it's a nasty duo. The big man covering Hassan has to hedge Wade and then recover back to Hassan or else Wade's taking his man with a step ahead, on an island to the rim. If the defense collapses, kick out to a shooter or find Deng slashing to the basket. If you double, it's a wide open alley-oop with Whiteside or dangerous post position under the rim with Whiteside as he rolls. This offense has the potential to be pretty damn scary to guard. As it stands though, our best player on offense will have to be Bosh. Defense it will have to be Whiteside.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
Maroko
Lead Assistant
And1: 11,432

Post#1935 » by Maroko » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:59 pm

heat4life wrote:Best explanation on why Napier is no longer with the Heat...

Link

And now HIF is a mod :nonono: :nonono:
ReturnofMVP3
RealGM

Post#1936 » by ReturnofMVP3 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:16 pm

Guys,michael beasley tweeted me omg.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,612

Post#1937 » by MettaWorldPanda » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:21 pm

ReturnofMVP3 wrote:Guys,michael beasley tweeted me omg.

ReturnofMVP3
RealGM

Post#1938 » by ReturnofMVP3 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:25 pm

Panda Friend 51 wrote:
ReturnofMVP3 wrote:Guys,michael beasley tweeted me omg.

I've dined with Canadian Prime Minister (our president) candidates, researched medical metabolites, sequenced a previously unknown gene in crayfish, but this is one of my most fond memories.
ReturnofMVP3
RealGM

Post#1939 » by ReturnofMVP3 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:28 pm

got some hooligans
[tweet]https://twitter.com/easyst0/status/626519451035418624[/tweet]
dancing2thabeet
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,681

Post#1940 » by dancing2thabeet » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:30 pm

Well don't keep us waiting, what did he say?
orphicwhip wrote:
goodboy wrote:Man I got the flu, still will watch my team play though.

McBob shares the same mentality.

Return to Miami Heat