ImageImageImage

Zoran Dragic appreciation thread

G.cracker
Head Coach
And1: 958

Zoran Dragic appreciation thread 

Post#1 » by G.cracker » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:43 pm

You helped get your awesome brother to sign below max value.

And you cooked and ate some jerk slave owners from Mareen when you were in a cave.

I think that's it.
I'm like Global Warming, you can't ignore me.
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,554

Re: Zoran Dragic appreciation thread 

Post#2 » by DefenseWins » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:45 pm

Thanks for that Philly game, that was fun to watch
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#3 » by gom » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:47 pm

Go show them, Zoki! Good luck in the internationals too!
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
shanedude
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,694

Post#4 » by shanedude » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:48 pm

Good luck Zoki. You were awesome against Philly.
Tyler Gang or Die
Seabass777
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,723

Post#5 » by Seabass777 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:57 pm

Great game aganist Philly.
"Til the last second...Til the last man... We Fight! We Fight! We Fight!"-Together We Rise. #HEATLifer...
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 78,761

Post#6 » by QUIZ » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:06 pm

Good luck bruh.
Don’t let us get one. — Nikola Jovic

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,214

Post#7 » by Heat3 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:55 pm

Dude didn't even get a chance to make it to Spo's dog house.
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#8 » by IggieCC » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:02 pm

:cry:
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#9 » by HIF » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:29 pm

All the best Zoran, You would never have made the top 13 here but hope you enjoy the 1.7m and add to that with a decent contract in europe.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
Maroko
Lead Assistant
And1: 11,432

Post#10 » by Maroko » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:42 pm

IggieCC wrote:Image

Wrong pole... :nonono: :nonono: :nonono:

goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,291

Post#11 » by goodboy » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:48 pm

Maroko wrote:
IggieCC wrote:Image

Wrong pole... :nonono: :nonono: :nonono:

:rofl:
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,291

Post#12 » by goodboy » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:49 pm

Wish him nothing but best.
Bright
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,490

Post#13 » by Bishop45 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:55 pm

Good luck Zoki!
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
HEYMANQueHoraEs
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,608

Post#14 » by HEYMANQueHoraEs » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:28 pm

Thanks for uh..everything
Ph4nt0m
Ballboy
And1: 58

Post#15 » by Ph4nt0m » Thu Aug 6, 2015 8:44 pm

In an interview published today in Slovenia, Zoran said that he doesn't hold a grudge against the Heat. Although he will have extra motivation playing against them and the Suns.
He explained further: "What happened, happened. The NBA is a real market and you never know where you'll end up. Miami had to trade me, because I had too big of a contract. They are in a repeater tax situation and had to get rid of 11 million. Unfortunately they sent me to Boston. I don't know if I'll stay there, but my wish is definitely to stay in the NBA. Coming to the States was very helpful for me. I am improving in all elements of the game and I try to be better every year. I think that SL benefited me. To tell you the truth, I didn't want to play because I was almost the oldest on the team, but due to agreement with Miami I went there. I think I did my job correctly."
He said that his club "destiny" is not on his mind right now. He's focused only on being a leader of the National team in this years Eurobasket (because obviously Goran will not play).
Maroko
Lead Assistant

Post#16 » by Maroko » Thu Aug 6, 2015 8:48 pm

Ph4nt0m wrote:In an interview published today in Slovenia, Zoran said that he doesn't hold a grudge against the Heat. Although he will have extra motivation playing against them and the Suns.
He explained further: "What happened, happened. The NBA is a real market and you never know where you'll end up. Miami had to trade me, because I had too big of a contract. They are in a repeater tax situation and had to get rid of 11 million. Unfortunately they sent me to Boston. I don't know if I'll stay there, but my wish is definitely to stay in the NBA. Coming to the States was very helpful for me. I am improving in all elements of the game and I try to be better every year. I think that SL benefited me. To tell you the truth, I didn't want to play because I was almost the oldest on the team, but due to agreement with Miami I went there. I think I did my job correctly."
He said that his club "destiny" is not on his mind right now. He's focused only on being a leader of the National team in this years Eurobasket (because obviously Goran will not play).

Thank you for sharing this stuff with us.
I got few questions for you :

- Do you think he will get his chance with the Celtics ? Not just playing few minutes when the game is already over
- If i were him, i would prefer to play a bigger role in Europe than being benched most of time or sent to the D-League. His game fits perfectly to the Euro game and he will be really appreciate

What do you think ?
Heat_Fan_87
RealGM
And1: 22,412

Post#17 » by Heat_Fan_87 » Thu Aug 6, 2015 8:55 pm

as long as he is happy. sounds like he rather have a chance to play elsewhere than ride our bench.
Ph4nt0m
Ballboy

Post#18 » by Ph4nt0m » Thu Aug 6, 2015 9:01 pm

You're welcome :D

I honestly don't know what will happen with the Celts. You never know what kind of agreements they have going in the background. He obviously won't be happy only with garbage minutes and I think he truly deserves more. Every chance he got in the States, being D-league, SL or regular season, he performed well. He's following his brothers footsteps. If you research Goran's history, you'll find out he truly shined when he got more minutes (under Alvin Gentry). He wants to expand his game beyond Euroleague level, just like Goran. They don't play the same position, but their mentality is the same.
Maroko
Lead Assistant

Post#19 » by Maroko » Thu Aug 6, 2015 9:04 pm

Ph4nt0m wrote:You're welcome :D

I honestly don't know what will happen with the Celts. You never know what kind of agreements they have going in the background. He obviously won't be happy only with garbage minutes and I think he truly deserves more. Every chance he got in the States, being D-league, SL or regular season, he performed well. He's following his brothers footsteps. If you research Goran's history, he truly shined when he got more minutes (under Alvin Gentry). He wants to expand his game beyond Euroleague level, just like Goran. They don't play the same position, but their mentality is the same.

I know but i dont think he will be given a chance in NBA that's why if i were him, i would take my talents to the Euroleague where he could be a star, i know he is a warrior and i always loved that. You never know he can do well with a competition way better than the D-League or even the garbage minutes in the NBA, he could come back later after a strong season in Europe.

We will see what will happen for him :D
Ph4nt0m
Ballboy

Post#20 » by Ph4nt0m » Thu Aug 6, 2015 9:18 pm

Maroko wrote:
I know but i dont think he will be given a chance in NBA that's why if i were him, i would take my talents to the Euroleague where he could be a star, i know he is a warrior and i always loved that. You never know he can do well with a competition way better than the D-League or even the garbage minutes in the NBA, he could come back later after a strong season in Europe.

We will see what will happen for him :D

That's still the mainstream mentality I guess - a white guy from Europe can't get beyond garbage minutes. The same was said of Goran, actually he was called Tragic, but look where he is now...You have to understand our mentality here in the Balkans. Most of the population is poor and not long ago there was a war here. We are raised not to give up, no matter the obstacles. That's why it was so easy for Goran to take less money this summer and help Wade and the team. I said he would take significantly less when folks came out with those ridiculous 100 million contract stories, but nobody believed me.

Return to Miami Heat