ImageImageImage

Official Heat Offseason 5.0 - Race to the 15 spots

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 78,750

Re: Official Heat Offseason 5.0 - Race to the 15 spots 

Post#1161 » by QUIZ » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:22 am

The Raptors board literally has a 4 page thread talking about Dan Craig's statement about limiting Hassan's minutes when teams go small.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1404977#start_here
Don’t let us get one. — Nikola Jovic

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1162 » by QUIZ » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:28 am

So you lucked into Justise Winslow a little bit, and what’s stood out of the most so far is you’re using him just about everywhere. He’s played one through four, running the point, playing off ball, working in the post, playmaking. Is he just the prototypical jack-of-all-trades type of player to you?

Pretty much. It’s been a really great process for him, and we have had guys that are out that primarily would be our handler – Shabazz, Tyler – so we have had situations where we’ve been able to move him around. He brings that versatility where you can post him, you can run some catch and shoots for him, at times he can handle. He makes really simple, solid plays as well. Him and Josh [Richardson] both.

Is Justise’s court vision better than it might have been advertised at Duke where he was mostly playing the four?

I think so. He has a very rare and unique ability – when he gets into the paint he slows down and he stays on his feet and he’s able to make really simple, solid plays. Most of the time, you see younger players get up in the air and then they try to make decisions. That’s where they get caught and end up turning the ball over a lot. Justise doesn’t do that. He’s very crafty, he can kind of dance around the defense, stay on his feet and make solid plays.

We could see that a little when he was the primary handler in Orlando. Without actually comparing him to these players, he did seem to have a distinct rhythm to him. He makes it seem like he’s not going anywhere, and then he’s right by you.

Yeah, he’s very good at attacking angle. If he sees a gap, he doesn’t go around it to hit it, he goes through it. And when defenders do step up, he has that two-step ability where he can bounce around them. And he can make plays and finish at the rim.

How uncommon is that in a 19-year old?

Very. Very uncommon. Usually you see guys try to get to their launching pad. Generally in high school and college, they can get to their launching pad and make plays over the rim. At this level you got the shot blockers and guys a little bit bigger, more athletic. That’s where it becomes so vital to stay on your feet and make those plays. For him to do that, at his age, with little experience, is very impressive.

So from the way you’re describing him, because he has his own internal pace, he’ll adjust quicker than other guys would?

I think he’s already fast-tracked in that regard, so he can make that jump quicker than most. I think that that’s very rare in that situation, to slow down when you get into the paint. I think he’s ready to take the next step and see the other layers to it.

What’s being on a team with all these 30-year olds going to do for him?

He’s coming to a team where we have a lot of high IQ superstars, so that’s going to be amazing for him. Just fastracking. They’ll really help him, and bring him along quicker than probably most situations for younger players.

It’s almost a coaching dream, in a sense, to actually get an elite young talent in such a veteran atmosphere?

We remind some of our veterans, Dwyane [Wade] and Chris [Bosh], you’re an extension of our coaching staff. You’re coaching the guys on the court. Certain situations they’ll see defensively or offensively, the spacing, those guys will really help fast track him. For sure.

Source: http://www.nba.com/heat/newsrecap/talking-justise-winslow-and-josh-richardson-dan-craig

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,455

Post#1163 » by Bishop45 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:44 am

Corny/funny lol

[instagram]https://instagram.com/p/63pYfGNmqX/[/instagram]
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
Chalm Down
RealGM
And1: 132,742

Post#1164 » by Chalm Down » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:54 am

So was Whiteside's original tweet directed at someone on the coaching staff? That's kind of funny
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
TroubleS0me
Head Coach
And1: 5,152

Post#1165 » by TroubleS0me » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:59 am

MIAMI (AP) Amare Stoudemire spent some time with Dwyane Wade in New York this summer, sipping wine at a trendy hotspot and talking basketball.

He's been texting and talking with Chris Bosh regularly. He's considered himself close with Goran Dragic for years, going back to their time together with the Phoenix Suns.

We can be a really good team," Stoudemire said. "No one thought that the Golden State Warriors would be champions this time last year. We knew they'd be a really good team, but no one thought they'd be world champions. With us, we know we're a really good team. No one thinks we can be world champions, but you never know."

"From playing against Miami, the thing that you learn is that they always have a competitive spirit," Stoudemire said. "There's an aura around here that everyone works hard, that you have to be in top shape which is great because I want to be in the best shape of my life going into this season. I want to surprise the world and have a very, very productive year."

"Just four years ago I was an MVP candidate and an All-Star," Stoudemire said. "I feel like I can still get back to that All-Star level of play. If I can achieve that, then that's going to help the team in its entirety. ... I will accept whatever the role is."

http://www.nbcsports.com/basketball/nba/stoudemire-hoping-heat-get-see-his-all-star-form
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1166 » by QUIZ » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:01 am

Harden is a good size comparison for Winslow. Both of them have around the same height and length.

Soon :o

TroubleS0me
Head Coach
And1: 5,152

Post#1167 » by TroubleS0me » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:04 am

& Dray deleted his tweets lol
Chalm Down
RealGM

Post#1168 » by Chalm Down » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:56 am

TroubleS0me wrote:
Spoiler:
MIAMI (AP) Amare Stoudemire spent some time with Dwyane Wade in New York this summer, sipping wine at a trendy hotspot and talking basketball.

He's been texting and talking with Chris Bosh regularly. He's considered himself close with Goran Dragic for years, going back to their time together with the Phoenix Suns.

We can be a really good team," Stoudemire said. "No one thought that the Golden State Warriors would be champions this time last year. We knew they'd be a really good team, but no one thought they'd be world champions. With us, we know we're a really good team. No one thinks we can be world champions, but you never know."

"From playing against Miami, the thing that you learn is that they always have a competitive spirit," Stoudemire said. "There's an aura around here that everyone works hard, that you have to be in top shape which is great because I want to be in the best shape of my life going into this season. I want to surprise the world and have a very, very productive year."

"Just four years ago I was an MVP candidate and an All-Star," Stoudemire said. "I feel like I can still get back to that All-Star level of play. If I can achieve that, then that's going to help the team in its entirety. ... I will accept whatever the role is."

http://www.nbcsports.com/basketball/nba/stoudemire-hoping-heat-get-see-his-all-star-form

I have a feeling Amare is gonna be a great guy for the team. Aside from the actual basketball stuff, you gotta love his competitive spirit and willingness to play whatever role is best for the team.

One of my favorite vet min signings the Heat have had recently
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
quite shaqly
Ballboy
And1: 16

Post#1169 » by quite shaqly » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:57 am

https://www.behance.net/gallery/28862095/Nike-x-Hip-Hop-Artists-Rebrand-for-15-NBA-Teams

Found this jersey designs, the Heat-Rick Ross design looks really nice!
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#1170 » by goodboy » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:02 am

Winslow is x10 more aesthetically pleasing than Harden though.
Bright
Rich2Hassan
RealGM
And1: 5,800

Post#1171 » by Rich2Hassan » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:41 am

Chalm Down wrote:So was Whiteside's original tweet directed at someone on the coaching staff? That's kind of funny

Probably, Dan Craig's bum ass. I wish Riley would just demote this midget to Assistant Janitor already.
Heat President of TANK operations.
Chalm Down
RealGM

Post#1172 » by Chalm Down » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:49 am

HeatWillRise wrote:Winslow is x10 more aesthetically pleasing than Harden though.

"aesthetically pleasing"

Rocky M5
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,379

Post#1173 » by Rocky M5 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:02 am

HeatWillRise wrote:Winslow is x10 more aesthetically pleasing than Harden though.

I drunkenly read fast and thought it said "Windows 10 is more aesthetically pleasing than Harden though"
Luke Babbit Josh Richardson James Johnson IggieCC is my role model

Let's go Miami Dolp Heat! Aww f*ck it. HEAT!!!

Free $100 if you dont read or hear about this signature
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#1174 » by goodboy » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:35 am

Rocky M5 wrote:

I drunkenly read fast and thought it said "Windows 10 is more aesthetically pleasing than Harden though"

:rofl:
Bright
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1175 » by QUIZ » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:51 am

I agree, Winslow is a good looking guy.

cyclix
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,636

Post#1176 » by cyclix » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:13 am

Man I wish he wore #12
Hallstar
Head Coach
And1: 6,788

Post#1177 » by Hallstar » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:45 am

Rocky M5 wrote:

lol, I did the same
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,810

Post#1178 » by KingDavid » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:35 pm

qjz123 wrote:Harden is a good size comparison for Winslow. Both of them have around the same height and length.

Soon :o

I want to say that Winslow is a mesomorph and weighs more than Harden. I am too lazy at the moment but I can't prove otherwise.

This kid is 19 years old and has the body of a grown man. He and Stanley Johnson make no damn sense.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
Zasterror
RealGM
And1: 10,019

Post#1179 » by Zasterror » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:59 pm

quite shaqly wrote:https://www.behance.net/gallery/28862095/Nike-x-Hip-Hop-Artists-Rebrand-for-15-NBA-Teams

Some of those look very good.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,810

Post#1180 » by KingDavid » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:21 pm

Zasterror wrote:
quite shaqly wrote:https://www.behance.net/gallery/28862095/Nike-x-Hip-Hop-Artists-Rebrand-for-15-NBA-Teams

Some of those look very good.

Yeah I agree. Toronto's looks ridiculously good. I like ours too. I'm just not a fan of highlighting the rapper's names or likeness.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.

Return to Miami Heat