ImageImageImage

Offcial HEAT Pre-Season Thread - Media Day & Camp is here!

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,455

Re: Offcial HEAT Pre-Season Thread - Media Day & Camp is here! 

Post#301 » by Bishop45 » Wed Oct 7, 2015 2:48 am

Chalm Down wrote:Heard on Izzy & Ethan today that Spo plans on encouraging Deng to shoot 6-8 three's per game this season. That's an interesting proposal...

I feel like we need him at like 3-4 a game, but I'm not opposed
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
djkeem
Starter
And1: 641

Post#302 » by djkeem » Wed Oct 7, 2015 3:04 am

if possible i would hold onto ennis for at least half the season.
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#303 » by Bishop45 » Wed Oct 7, 2015 3:07 am

Bishop45 wrote:
Chalm Down wrote:Heard on Izzy & Ethan today that Spo plans on encouraging Deng to shoot 6-8 three's per game this season. That's an interesting proposal...

Now that I think of it, that's kind of a real radical idea :lol: , if he can sustain a decent rate and get good shots... idk.

Does higher 3pt usage make a average shooter better/dangerous? 6-8 attempts is Curry, Korver, JR Smith territory... are they more dangerous cause they shoot more, probably. This might not work but I like the creative thinking by Spo

Rest in Power Chadwick

djkeem
Starter
And1: 641

Post#304 » by djkeem » Wed Oct 7, 2015 3:11 am

Henry walker took alot 3pt shots last season though.
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#305 » by Bishop45 » Wed Oct 7, 2015 3:17 am

djkeem wrote:Henry walker took alot 3pt shots last season though.

He also came straight from the D-league and had the bball IQ of a couch potato

Rest in Power Chadwick

Chalm Down
RealGM
And1: 132,742

Post#306 » by Chalm Down » Wed Oct 7, 2015 3:23 am

djkeem wrote:if possible i would hold onto ennis for at least half the season.

If he renegotiates his contract to only make it partially guaranteed by opening night, he might make it.

Who else is worth signing as the 15th man at this point? It's basically him or just keep the spot open
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 78,750

Post#307 » by QUIZ » Wed Oct 7, 2015 3:51 am

Bishop45 wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:

Now that I think of it, that's kind of a real radical idea :lol: , if he can sustain a decent rate and get good shots... idk.

Does higher 3pt usage make a average shooter better/dangerous? 6-8 attempts is Curry, Korver, JR Smith territory... are they more dangerous cause they shoot more, probably. This might not work but I like the creative thinking by Spo

Deng can hit from the corners so Spo may want Deng to fill a Battier type role. In his best season with us Battier shot 1.9/4.4 43% from 3, he was 45.9% from the corners.

Last year Deng was 1.1/3.1 35.5% and he was 44% from the corners overall, 47.1% from the right corner :o

He could be effective in that role if he buys into it.
Don’t let us get one. — Nikola Jovic

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
Chalm Down
RealGM
And1: 132,742

Post#308 » by Chalm Down » Wed Oct 7, 2015 5:14 am

qjz123 wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:

Deng can hit from the corners so Spo may want Deng to fill a Battier type role. In his best season with us Battier shot 1.9/4.4 43% from 3, he was 45.9% from the corners.

Last year Deng was 1.1/3.1 35.5% and he was 44% from the corners overall, 47.1% from the right corner :o

Ethan also mentioned that -- he said he talked to Luol, and Luol's says he's willing to make the adjustment.

Of course that's just talk, but it would be cool if Luol could embrace and do well in that role. Plus, having a strong season from 3 would be good for helping him get a nice contract this summer.
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
Magic Boo
Bench Warmer
And1: 953

Post#309 » by Magic Boo » Wed Oct 7, 2015 12:32 pm

What other options do Deng have? He is the 5th best offensiv player in the starting lineup. He should only play off ball.
Prince Ali
Veteran
And1: 3,507

Post#310 » by Prince Ali » Wed Oct 7, 2015 3:51 pm

seeking some clarity on tonight's preseason game. It was said in another post that it would be available on league pass, but I was under the impression this was one of those games where there would be no video stream available. Can anyone clarify
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,810

Re: RE: Re: Offcial HEAT Pre-Season Thread - Media Day & Camp is here! 

Post#311 » by KingDavid » Wed Oct 7, 2015 5:50 pm

Holy... How fast does he want this team?!
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 78,750

Re: RE: Re: Offcial HEAT Pre-Season Thread - Media Day & Camp is here! 

Post#312 » by QUIZ » Wed Oct 7, 2015 7:05 pm

KingDavid wrote:

Holy... How fast does he want this team?!

I remember Spo saying that he wanted Battier and Miller to put up 10 3's per game in the finals... Suffice to say it didn't happen. So we shouldn't take it too literally.

In 2012 Battier was attempting 4.4 3's per game while playing around 25mpg. If Deng shoots a similar volume as Battier did per minute he'd be around around 6 3's per game if he played 33 minutes.

Deng was 44% from the corners and 47.1% from the right corner. I think he just wants Deng to buy in and fill that Battier corner 3 role.
Don’t let us get one. — Nikola Jovic

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
jereseja
Rookie
And1: 3,572

Post#313 » by jereseja » Wed Oct 7, 2015 9:15 pm

VIDEO: Miami Heat's Goran Dragic talks to Jason Lieser about finishing at the rim

Goran Dragic is one of the most fearless guards in the NBA and routinely scores at the basket against much larger defenders. Last season, he shot 68.2 percent at the rim — a shade behind LeBron James’ 69.2 percent.
Unlike James, Dragic is not an overwhelming physical force. He is 6-foot-3, 190 pounds and utilizes a variety of moves to create space against larger defenders while maintaining an angle at which he can get a shot up.
If I see a big guy, I’m not gonna turn back,” he said. “I’m gonna attack and make something happen.

Dragic, a 29-year-old native Slovenian, is one of the league’s top point guards and was impressive after the Heat traded for him in February. He fit seamlessly with Dwyane Wade and averaged 16.6 points and 5.3 assists per game, then the team signed him to a five-year, $85 million extension in the summer
He expects to be even better this year after having a full offseason and training camp to master Miami’s scheme and familiarize himself with his teammates. With Chris Bosh back in a starting lineup that includes Wade, Luol Deng and Hassan Whiteside, Dragic has every opportunity to put up the best season of his career.
Those guys are All-Stars,” he said. “It makes my job easier to have so many weapons at the same time on the floor and play different styles of basketball. We can play fast or slow. We have a lot of different options

http://video.palmbeachpost.com/VIDEO-Miami-Heats-Goran-Dragic-talks-to-Jason-Lieser-about-finishing-at-the-rim-29786171?ndn.trackingGroup=90068&ndn.siteSection=palmbeachpost_spt_nba_sty_pp&ndn.videoId=29786171&freewheel=90068&sitesection=palmbeachpost_spt_nba_sty_pp&vid=29786171

http://www.mypalmbeachpost.com/news/sports/basketball/video-heats-goran-dragic-explains-his-prowess-at-s/nnxWG/
jereseja
Rookie
And1: 3,572

Post#314 » by jereseja » Wed Oct 7, 2015 9:16 pm

Miami Heat: Big contract fuels Goran Dragic’s bid for All-Star Game

Goran Dragic’s pursuit of respect did not end when he landed an $85 million contract with the Heat in July. At a point when some careers plateau, he believes he is still climbing and has more to prove now than when he was fighting simply to stay in the league.
It is clear where most players stand by the time they turn 29, but that is not the case here. While he is too old to be referred to as an up-and-comer anymore, Dragic is still on the ritse. And that massive deal he signed with Miami puts more compulsion on him to perform than he ever felt leading up to it.
There’s definitely more pressure now,” he told The Post after Tuesday’s practice. “You need to show people that you’re worth that money. I know I have my spot, but you need to prove to everybody that you deserve it.

There’s pressure, and you need to deal with it. I can do that.

Earning that new salary, which makes him the sixth highest-paid point guard in the NBA this season, is only part of what pushes him. Because of the talent Miami has placed around him and the style of offense it intends to run, Dragic has the chance to produce the best season of his career.
Never in his eight years in the NBA has he been given this much responsibility on this strong of a roster. He has a perfect pick-and-roll partner in Chris Bosh and a dominant center in Hassan Whiteside. He blends seamlessly with the skill sets of Dwyane Wade and Luol Deng on the wings.
I’m living the dream,” he said. “Feels good, really. I can’t wait for the first game.

That will not come until Oct. 28. In the meantime, Dragic is honing his harmony with the starting five in preseason games — minus Whiteside, who has been out two weeks with a strained calf muscle — and will continue that process against Orlando in Louisville, Ky., on Wednesday (7:30 p.m., no TV).
Dragic seeks to outdo his 2013-14 season, when he won the Most Improved Player award and averaged 20.3 points and 5.9 assists per game. The Heat are not looking for him to score 20 every night, though that output will be necessary at times, but that assist average could spike into double figures for the first time in his career as he steers an offense that expects to be one of the best in the league.
Dragic had some of these weapons available when he came to the Heat in a mid-season trade — he averaged 16.6 points and 5.3 assists after arriving — and is becoming fully familiar with them. He worked about 21 minutes with Bosh, Wade and Deng on Sunday against Charlotte, and that time should increase as Miami gets deeper into the preseason.
He’s gonna push the tempo,” Bosh said. “He doesn’t have to yell at you and tell you what he’s gonna do. He gets that ball and he’s gone. That’s where his greatness comes in because he’s gonna make sure that we’re running. We’re talking about being a high-octane team on the offensive end, and that’s one of the huge things we have to work off of.

That could translate to a historic achievement for Dragic: becoming the first Slovenian-born All-Star in NBA history.
He was close two years ago, and his current situation seems even more suited for that type of emergence. He does not obsess over that goal, but it has been on his mind for years.
I had a couple of good seasons, but I want more,” he said. “I think with this team, I can do that. I’ve always tried to be an All-Star, so hopefully that’ll come.
“But I know that I can compete against those guys, so that’s good enough for me. It’s not so much about an All-Star Game. It’s more so about me getting over the hump this season and being a better player

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/sports/basketball/miami-heat-big-contract-fuels-goran-dragics-bid-fo/nnwxY/
caliban
NBA TnT Forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 3,231

Post#315 » by caliban » Thu Oct 8, 2015 7:12 am

Preseason watch: Battle for the backup PG-spot!

Code: Select all

name                      mpg      ts%      tov%       net      per      spotrust

Chalmers                 15,5      ,296      42,5    -56,8      -2,1      99%
Johnson                  10,9      ,514      0,0      11,5      18,8      21%
20-21 apbrMetrics RMSE Team win projections winner. Three time RMSE runner up
RGM TnT board Team Win predictions winner
G.cracker
Head Coach
And1: 958

Post#316 » by G.cracker » Thu Oct 8, 2015 5:09 pm

Ray Allen was invited to be the guest speaker at a luncheon today where I work. One thing he said, which was new, was that pre-shot in game 6, when the ropes came out, he looked over at the Spurs bench and saw T-Mac jumping up and down celebrating. He said this drove him crazy since T-Mac had only been signed the week the playoffs began and did nothing and here he was celebrating getting a championship. Ray said to himself, that ain't gonna happen. Great stuff.

Found the video
https://www.periscope.tv/w/1ypJdDMlXQLJW
I'm like Global Warming, you can't ignore me.
RJM
General Manager
And1: 2,266

Post#317 » by RJM » Thu Oct 8, 2015 5:49 pm

G.cracker wrote:Ray Allen was invited to be the guest speaker at a luncheon today where I work. One thing he said, which was new, was that pre-shot in game 6, when the ropes came out, he looked over at the Spurs bench and saw T-Mac jumping up and down celebrating. He said this drove him crazy since T-Mac had only been signed the week the playoffs began and did nothing and here he was celebrating getting a championship. Ray said to himself, that ain't gonna happen. Great stuff.

Found the video

We could still use some three-point shooting...
Magic Boo
Bench Warmer
And1: 953

Re: AW: RE: Re: Offcial HEAT Pre-Season Thread - Media Day & Camp is here! 

Post#318 » by Magic Boo » Thu Oct 8, 2015 10:06 pm

RJM wrote:
G.cracker wrote:Ray Allen was invited to be the guest speaker at a luncheon today where I work. One thing he said, which was new, was that pre-shot in game 6, when the ropes came out, he looked over at the Spurs bench and saw T-Mac jumping up and down celebrating. He said this drove him crazy since T-Mac had only been signed the week the playoffs began and did nothing and here he was celebrating getting a championship. Ray said to himself, that ain't gonna happen. Great stuff.

Found the video

We could still use some three-point shooting...

He would give the opponent 3 free layups, 2 threes, 6 alley oops, 4 free throws and 7 poster dunks for every three he would make. No thanks.
Zasterror
RealGM
And1: 10,019

Post#319 » by Zasterror » Fri Oct 9, 2015 2:27 am

Chalm Down wrote:
qjz123 wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:

Ethan also mentioned that -- he said he talked to Luol, and Luol's says he's willing to make the adjustment.

Of course that's just talk, but it would be cool if Luol could embrace and do well in that role. Plus, having a strong season from 3 would be good for helping him get a nice contract this summer.

If Trevor Ariza can do it, so can Deng.
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#320 » by Bishop45 » Fri Oct 9, 2015 7:23 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/EthanJSkolnick/status/652541887228866563[/tweet]

:lol: I hate when people tell me this about my hair

[tweet]https://twitter.com/EthanJSkolnick/status/652532481653145600[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/JasonLieser/status/652552798903660544[/tweet]

Rest in Power Chadwick

Return to Miami Heat