ImageImageImage

The Mario Chalmers Appreciation Thread

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,526

Re: The Mario Chalmers Appreciation Thread 

Post#101 » by MettaWorldPanda » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:29 am

Good for Rio. Still glad we moved on. Norris Cole looked like Chris Paul for a minute after we dealt him to NO.
insfo
General Manager
And1: 11,064

Post#102 » by insfo » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:00 am

MVP MVP MVP
3ballbomber
General Manager
And1: 10,027

Post#103 » by 3ballbomber » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:38 am

Chalmers mad, he had to prove a point to us. pride is what made him have that outburst vs OKC. Hopefully he can continue to show and prove and continue to be motivated to prove he is a good player.
Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Built the right way. Play the right way. Win the right way . .

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
HialeahHeatFan
Senior
And1: 767

Post#104 » by HialeahHeatFan » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:00 pm

If he played with this gusto here and outplayed Tyler Johnson he wouldn't have been traded. At some point this need to prove will die out, and wario will come out to play, when dribble off your foot or step out of bound baseline is your main weapon of choice that's what you get.
Cmon_Son-_-
Head Coach
And1: 8,734

Post#105 » by Cmon_Son-_- » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:17 pm

HialeahHeatFan wrote:If he played with this gusto here and outplayed Tyler Johnson he wouldn't have been traded. At some point this need to prove will die out, and wario will come out to play, when dribble off your foot or step out of bound baseline is your main weapon of choice that's what you get.

I'd say 10% was probably the play of TJ, 5% Rio's inconsistency and 80% saving money.
| ̶G̶̶̶i̶̶̶a̶̶̶n̶̶̶n̶̶̶i̶̶̶s̶̶̶ ̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶2̶̶̶1̶̶̶ ̶̶̶ ̶H̶̶̶a̶̶̶r̶̶̶d̶̶̶e̶̶̶n̶̶̶ ̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶ ̶ ̶B̶e̶a̶l̶/̶L̶a̶v̶i̶n̶e̶/̶L̶i̶l̶l̶a̶r̶d̶/̶I̶r̶v̶i̶n̶g̶/̶M̶i̶t̶c̶h̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶3 ̶L̶i̶l̶l̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶2̶.̶0̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶4̶ Jesus 2024| :pray:|
HialeahHeatFan
Senior
And1: 767

Post#106 » by HialeahHeatFan » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:27 pm

Cmon_Son-_- wrote:
HialeahHeatFan wrote:If he played with this gusto here and outplayed Tyler Johnson he wouldn't have been traded. At some point this need to prove will die out, and wario will come out to play, when dribble off your foot or step out of bound baseline is your main weapon of choice that's what you get.

I'd say 10% was probably the play of TJ, 5% Rio's inconsistency and 80% saving money.

What's the remaining 5% , did he not flush after taco night on the last bus ride to an away game. :lol:
TMIMITW
Sixth Man
And1: 1,258

Post#107 » by TMIMITW » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:15 pm

Why is the only post on the Memphis Game thread is all by US! Where are there fans
Kevin Durrant is the best WNBA player in the NBA!
quinninin
Junior
And1: 248

Post#108 » by quinninin » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:39 pm

HialeahHeatFan wrote:
Cmon_Son-_- wrote:

What's the remaining 5% , did he not flush after taco night on the last bus ride to an away game. :lol:

I think it was ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
And a hundred percent reason to remember the name
Heat_Fan_87
RealGM
And1: 22,412

Post#109 » by Heat_Fan_87 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:53 pm

quinninin wrote:
HialeahHeatFan wrote:
Cmon_Son-_- wrote:I'd say 10% was probably the play of TJ, 5% Rio's inconsistency and 80% saving money.

I think it was ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
And a hundred percent reason to remember the name

was listening to that album a few weeks ago.
Cmon_Son-_-
Head Coach
And1: 8,734

Post#110 » by Cmon_Son-_- » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:07 pm

HialeahHeatFan wrote:
Cmon_Son-_- wrote:

Lol I originally had rio's inconsistency as 10% too. Meant to change saving money to 85%

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums mobile app
| ̶G̶̶̶i̶̶̶a̶̶̶n̶̶̶n̶̶̶i̶̶̶s̶̶̶ ̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶2̶̶̶1̶̶̶ ̶̶̶ ̶H̶̶̶a̶̶̶r̶̶̶d̶̶̶e̶̶̶n̶̶̶ ̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶ ̶ ̶B̶e̶a̶l̶/̶L̶a̶v̶i̶n̶e̶/̶L̶i̶l̶l̶a̶r̶d̶/̶I̶r̶v̶i̶n̶g̶/̶M̶i̶t̶c̶h̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶3 ̶L̶i̶l̶l̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶2̶.̶0̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶4̶ Jesus 2024| :pray:|
Maroko
Lead Assistant
And1: 11,432

Post#111 » by Maroko » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:55 pm

3ballbomber wrote:Chalmers mad, he had to prove a point to us. pride is what made him have that outburst vs OKC. Hopefully he can continue to show and prove and continue to be motivated to prove he is a good player.

8-)
leoshes
Veteran
And1: 5,437

Post#112 » by leoshes » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:44 pm

Good for you Mario, prove the haters wrong.
Maroko
Lead Assistant
And1: 11,432

Post#113 » by Maroko » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:17 am

Burnie Riley
Sixth Man
And1: 3,588

Post#114 » by Burnie Riley » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:42 pm

Saw this on hoopsrumors:
“With the way Mario Chalmers is lighting it up in New Orleans, how big of a contract is he setting himself up for this summer? Where do you think he may end up playing next season?” — Kyle

Chris Crouse: Chalmers looks like he found himself a good fit and he could very well return to the Grizzlies next season. If he continues playing this way, he’ll certainly see a raise on his current $4.3MM salary. Memphis will probably want him back, as starter Mike Conley will be a free agent and Chalmers would serve as a decent plan B. As far as his next contract, I can envision him getting a deal in the four-year, $40MM territory, but that’s on the high end of the scale.

:lol:
Heat_Fan_87
RealGM
And1: 22,412

Post#115 » by Heat_Fan_87 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:49 pm

Burnie Riley wrote:Saw this on hoopsrumors:
“With the way Mario Chalmers is lighting it up in New Orleans, how big of a contract is he setting himself up for this summer? Where do you think he may end up playing next season?” — Kyle

Chris Crouse: Chalmers looks like he found himself a good fit and he could very well return to the Grizzlies next season. If he continues playing this way, he’ll certainly see a raise on his current $4.3MM salary. Memphis will probably want him back, as starter Mike Conley will be a free agent and Chalmers would serve as a decent plan B. As far as his next contract, I can envision him getting a deal in the four-year, $40MM territory, but that’s on the high end of the scale.

For some perspective. Chalmers currently has a PER of 20, if he can maintain that, 10mil per year for him would be a good deal.
Dragic has a PER of 11(15 is avg) and he is making close to 20mil per season.
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 78,750

Post#116 » by QUIZ » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:57 pm

Heat_Fan_87 wrote:

For some perspective. Chalmers currently has a PER of 20, if he can maintain that, 10mil per year for him would be a good deal.

He has a career PER of 12.5 and so far his PER in Memphis is 35.4

I think its safe to say that he can't keep it up lol.
Don’t let us get one. — Nikola Jovic

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 78,750

Post#117 » by QUIZ » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:59 pm

I hope so. Rio deserves to get his.
Don’t let us get one. — Nikola Jovic

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#118 » by IggieCC » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:43 am

qjz123 wrote:
Heat_Fan_87 wrote:

He has a career PER of 12.5 and so far his PER in Memphis is 35.4

I think its safe to say that he can't keep it up lol.

I knew Spo was holding back Rio's inner Stephen Curry
Spoiler:
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,554

Post#119 » by DefenseWins » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:14 am

Mario was 2-9 5 fouls last game, was 2-10 4 fouls today... he is back to his old self. They may hide him now that Conley and the others are playing better
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,450

Post#120 » by gom » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:44 am

DefenseWins wrote:Mario was 2-9 5 fouls last game, was 2-10 4 fouls today... he is back to his old self. They may hide him now that Conley and the others are playing better

About the same as Dragic then?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^

Return to Miami Heat