ImageImageImage

Official Miami Heat 2016 Offseason/Free Agency/Trade Thread

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

heat4life
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 6,258

Re: Official Miami Heat 2016 Offseason/Free Agency/Trade Thread 

Post#1861 » by heat4life » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:31 pm

In retrospect, I think we might have pulled the trigger on the Mario trade too quickly. We might have gotten more for him now than then. I guess Riley knows best. He shopped him all summer and felt that the Grizzlies offer was decent enough to move on.
ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP
Bourne85
General Manager
And1: 9,066

Post#1862 » by Bourne85 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:43 pm

Give me Beasley or give me Death!!
plipster
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#1863 » by plipster » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:47 pm

QUIZ wrote:
plipster wrote:http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jlcbvym

dragic
wade
winslow
griffin
bosh

bench:
crawford
green
amare
udrih
ud
richardson
stokes

then get joe johnson via buyout :)

Why would the Clippers do that? That's not a trade it's a salary dump. Everyone there is an expiring expect for McBob... and thats not a good thing.

They also have no need for Hassan, they already have Deandre Jordan signed for the max.

i think they do it because:
1) 3 of them are on expiring contracts, but can help them also for this season. after this trade, they could feature a starting lineup of cp3, jj, deng, mcroberts, jordan...with rivers, lance, pierce, mbah a moute, whiteside, wesley and bird off the bench. and since 3 of them are on expirings, this puts them in a good position to go after kd and other top free agents this coming offseason as well.

2) they are actually playing better ball without blake griffin. they are better off without him.

3) they've been trying to gauge interest for crawford for quite some time now. this would also solve their logjam at the guard position. (not enough significant playing time for all of them)

4) whiteside is included since well...he's probably going to be a goner anyway :) hehehe.
cyclix
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,636

Post#1864 » by cyclix » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:48 pm

heat4life wrote:In retrospect, I think we might have pulled the trigger on the Mario trade too quickly. We might have gotten more for him now than then. I guess Riley knows best. He shopped him all summer and felt that the Grizzlies offer was decent enough to move on.

But Udrih has been solid in his role thus far, so I don't mind the trade too much.
Bourne85
General Manager
And1: 9,066

Post#1865 » by Bourne85 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:49 pm

Rio sucks. Been wanting him outta here for a few years now. Cole as well.
Hoops3355
Junior
And1: 231

Post#1866 » by Hoops3355 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:55 pm

Kyle Korver why can't you have an expiring contract.
Miami / Chicago / London
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,634

Post#1867 » by MettaWorldPanda » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:58 pm

dancing2thabeet wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:Ok let's do this

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ho64eh3

I'd preffer to keep TJ. Maybe JRich/Stokes?

Me too but they want TJ. I could understand that considering he's a hometown kid. I would do that deal as is. We get two credible shooters for basically TJ.
cjiscash
Sophomore
And1: 162

Post#1868 » by cjiscash » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:06 pm

I wouldn't mind Beasley and Walker coming back. For all of Beasley's ills, he's still a capable scorer (which is badly needed) and he knows the system (was also surprisingly decent on defense last year). With Walker, although he didn't hit as many threes as we would've liked, he spaces the floor and he's a capable defender. If we have open roster spots after potential trades and we can't get some of the guys we really want (i.e. Joe Johnson), I don't think it would be a bad option to give these guys another look.
SlowPaced
RealGM
And1: 17,487

Post#1869 » by SlowPaced » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:07 pm

Some of the suggestions here are just outrageous. Pacers trading Paul George? Clippers giving up Blake Griffin in a package that gets them Hassan Whiteside when they have DeAndre Jordan?

Gerald Green + Tyler Johnson + Josh McRoberts + Chris Andersen = Omri Casspi + Marco Belinelli is the only viable trade suggestion that I've seen so far and even that one is highly unlikely. Don't see the Kings giving up two shooters in the same trade.

I don't think we'll do anything major, honestly. Probably gonna go after some role player level shooters. I'd love a blockbuster to bring Al Horford and Kyle Korver in but we don't have the assets for it. Hassan doesn't make that much sense for the Hawks, not a good fit with their system.
Heat03
Veteran
And1: 2,532

Post#1870 » by Heat03 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:21 pm

twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,220

Re: RE: Re: Official Miami Heat 2016 Offseason/Free Agency/Trade Thread 

Post#1871 » by twix2500 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:24 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:We shouldn't do any moves that impacts our cap for next season, we need to think LONG TERM. We're not winning the championship this year regardless of what trades we do.

Next year we could have :

Dragic/TJ
Wade/Justise
Batum/Justise
Ryan Anderson
Bosh

I think if Spo builds a good defensive scheme, that's a super dangerous team with speed, shooting and versatility.

Moves we should try to make now :

1. Go after R.Anderson, go hard. He's the type of guy that would stay here long term if we get him now. His shooting is a key factor in our core becoming a successful offense. He's somewhat attainable IMO. (Deng + Whiteside)

2. Try to move Mcbob for cap space, in order to maximize cap for next year so we could gets both Anderson and Batum. (Mcbob + Stokes + cash for cap space = heavily protected future second rounder)

3. AVOID desperation moves (Losing young cheap guys like TJ/J-Rich for a lateral no impact move like Casspi, Teletubbi)

4. Starts posing ass gifs again. I can't stress the importance of step 4 enough. We've clearly angered the BB gods with new found modesty, Only The pear shaped godly creation can save us now.

After what Whiteside did yesterday. I can't make a move with him as a core player. I was hoping and hoping for Whiteside to settle in and become a third star. So unless we make trade for a third star I think we ride this out and clear cap space.

Especially ass gifs is needed

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Heat03
Veteran

Post#1872 » by Heat03 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:28 pm

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jffm59w

Same trade taken to the next level.

Hill/Udrih
Wade/Green
Miles/Wesley
Griffin/Wesley
Bosh/Amare

If green is still playing terrible go after Joe to take his spot and to fill in at backup PF if we don't want Wesley to get those minutes try wright on a 10 day contract. If that doesn't work look at other buyout options or free agents or then finally give Beasley or Walker a look as a last resort.
Heat03
Veteran

Post#1873 » by Heat03 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:34 pm

Also good news that Wade wants to sign with us as fast as possible this summer
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,432

Post#1874 » by RexBoyWonder » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:45 pm

Bourne85 wrote:Give me Beasley or give me Death!!

Let me go grab my shotgun real quick.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
heat4life
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 6,258

Post#1875 » by heat4life » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:47 pm

cyclix wrote:
heat4life wrote:In retrospect, I think we might have pulled the trigger on the Mario trade too quickly. We might have gotten more for him now than then. I guess Riley knows best. He shopped him all summer and felt that the Grizzlies offer was decent enough to move on.

But Udrih has been solid in his role thus far, so I don't mind the trade too much.

Yes but has he been that much better? I am mostly speaking about Chalmers being a more attractive trade asset.
ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP
BaDaBo
Starter
And1: 7,401

Post#1876 » by BaDaBo » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:54 pm

I went 2K16 on this trade and would do it in-game, but not so sure in RL.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jb4vkgg

Spoiler:
Why Miami does this: If the heat think they have a good enough core and it's only (biggest) issue is making the pieces match better to contend, this works. We get shooting, and spacing for our guards and get something for Hassan, without risking him leaving for nothing. Korver is on a good deal. While Fry isn't, if used correctly he'll make you forget that. We get under the tax if I understand it correctly. We keep our young guys as well.

Why Miami doesn't: If miami thinks they need another superstar to contend, you don't do it for the long term contracts and the age of Korver and Fry.

Why Atlanta does it: They get younger, and if they move Halford (I think I've read they're thinking about it) they have Hassan waiting.
Why Atlanta doesn't it: Tobiass Hariss...His contract is baaad, he's still young and can live up to it but man it's bad. They can lose Hassan anyway at the end.

Why orlando does it: They get rid of Tobias and Fry effectivly shedding 15milion for next year ( Splitter 9m 2y other players in their last year).
Why orlando doesn't: They overvalue Furnier? They don't wan't all those one year contracts.

Thoughts?
Heat03
Veteran

Post#1877 » by Heat03 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:06 pm

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=gntyf6r

Ryan Anderson Gay and Casspi to the Heat in this one. Then sign Joe
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,432

Post#1878 » by RexBoyWonder » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:58 pm

BaDaBo wrote:I went 2K16 on this trade and would do it in-game, but not so sure in RL.

Spoiler:
Why Miami does this: If the heat think they have a good enough core and it's only (biggest) issue is making the pieces match better to contend, this works. We get shooting, and spacing for our guards and get something for Hassan, without risking him leaving for nothing. Korver is on a good deal. While Fry isn't, if used correctly he'll make you forget that. We get under the tax if I understand it correctly. We keep our young guys as well.

Why Miami doesn't: If miami thinks they need another superstar to contend, you don't do it for the long term contracts and the age of Korver and Fry.

Why Atlanta does it: They get younger, and if they move Halford (I think I've read they're thinking about it) they have Hassan waiting.
Why Atlanta doesn't it: Tobiass Hariss...His contract is baaad, he's still young and can live up to it but man it's bad. They can lose Hassan anyway at the end.

Why orlando does it: They get rid of Tobias and Fry effectivly shedding 15milion for next year ( Splitter 9m 2y other players in their last year).
Why orlando doesn't: They overvalue Furnier? They don't wan't all those one year contracts.

Thoughts?

Well, it's a realistic idea. Which is more they you can say about most of the trademachine ideas posted.

I really like the fits, but I worry about Frye making 7.5 Mil next year. I feel we value wise we're getting a bit shorthanded considering Korver's decline and age. I would adjust with Us getting Even Fournier, he too is a good shooter.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
BaDaBo
Starter
And1: 7,401

Post#1879 » by BaDaBo » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:18 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:
BaDaBo wrote:I went 2K16 on this trade and would do it in-game, but not so sure in RL.

Spoiler:

Thoughts?

Well, it's a realistic idea. Which is more they you can say about most of the trademachine ideas posted.

I really like the fits, but I worry about Frye making 7.5 Mil next year. I feel we value wise we're getting a bit shorthanded considering Korver's decline and age. I would adjust with Us getting Even Fournier, he too is a good shooter.

I agree with the Fry part, he's a system guy and if used correctly he'll probably play up to those millions otherwise he won't (and isn't atm). It would be on the coaches to use him.

I thought about Fournier, but he's on his last year and with the cap boom would probably demand a salary bigger than Korver (I imagine him getting something like Fry). While Korver is on a 5,7m deal, and will probably demand less after it ends, and can fill a Ray Allen type roll then.
Hallstar
Head Coach
And1: 6,792

Post#1880 » by Hallstar » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:24 pm

Bourne85 wrote:
heat4life wrote:
QUIZ wrote:According to bball ref we're worse offensively this year than last year... WTF?

The Billiam Walker effect

Last year Beasley and Walker kept us from being the worst bench in the league. As a matter of fact we weren't anywhere near the worst bench in the league. Beasley was at what 12ppg? I don't think any of our bench guys is even at 8ppg

It's sad we let those two guys go, two guys that produced more than anyone else on our bench right now.

Oh well. It is what it is. Keep going after the BIG names like Amare, Granger, Mcbob.

At least the 76ers are slightly worse offensively.

Amare was a good move unless you want Haslem as backup C, never liked Granger or McBob, preferred Thornton, but I understood Green could play the 3.

Return to Miami Heat