ImageImageImage

Why is Whiteside getting no shots?

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,806

Re: Why is Whiteside getting no shots? 

Post#21 » by KingDavid » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:06 pm

Heat_Fan_87 wrote:
KingDavid wrote:
Heat_Fan_87 wrote:Yet you keep watching :lol:

Organization > All.

For as crazy as Bourne sounds at times, he's truly a fan.

Anyone that is on a Heat forum is a fan... i always find the crying about spo funny tho

I don't know what to take from it honestly. Yeah, I've done my fair share of bitching, but it's not going to change anything. SVG had to get replaced back in the day because we weren't going to win with him at the helm. Master of panic and all that. During our recent run, our bench sucked and/or we were mostly old. That's the main reason why we didn't win a lot of regular season games. But we did something most teams dream of.

I don't believe spo is the reason lebron left. Lebron could have easily said "if you want me to stay, get me a new coach". And that would have been the end of it. There's a myriad of reasons, I personally think it's because we had no assets, no future, and wade was breaking down. Maybe some coaching thrown in there too. Looked easier to head back to Cleveland where he'd have more control. But just spo? Nah.

And yeah, the better Hassan does, like going 7-9 in a really bad shooting game from everyone else, and the team continues to ignore him, the more spo's going to expose himself to criticism. Natural order of things I suppose.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
RJM
General Manager
And1: 2,266

Post#22 » by RJM » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:18 pm

I don't know, OP, but I've long been a proponent of the Longley Method, where the 90s Bulls would get Luc (and Cartwright during the first run) involved in the offense early on to keep him engaged throughout the game. I can tell from experience playing center that you get an unknown boost of energy when you're being included in the offense throughout the game. It helps everybody.
Rocky M5
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,379

Post#23 » by Rocky M5 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:29 pm

Dragic has no chemistry with Whiteside and Spo doesn't call plays for him cuz they expect him to get his points off of putbacks and the occasional alley. Even when the offense isnt flowing no one makes an attempt to even get him the ball most of the time.He always gets it and shoots cuz he knows he'll rarely touch the ball on offense. If it doesn't change I don't exactly see why he'd re-sign with us honestly. You don't have someone whos the most efficient scorer on the team and opt for terrible selections everytime. This is actually pretty sad, we get what we've been waiting for and then play like he's a non factor.
Luke Babbit Josh Richardson James Johnson IggieCC is my role model

Let's go Miami Dolp Heat! Aww f*ck it. HEAT!!!

Free $100 if you dont read or hear about this signature
Heat_Fan_87
RealGM
And1: 22,412

Post#24 » by Heat_Fan_87 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:31 pm

KingDavid wrote:
Heat_Fan_87 wrote:
KingDavid wrote:Organization > All.

For as crazy as Bourne sounds at times, he's truly a fan.

Anyone that is on a Heat forum is a fan... i always find the crying about spo funny tho

I don't know what to take from it honestly. Yeah, I've done my fair share of bitching, but it's not going to change anything. SVG had to get replaced back in the day because we weren't going to win with him at the helm. Master of panic and all that. During our recent run, our bench sucked and/or we were mostly old. That's the main reason why we didn't win a lot of regular season games. But we did something most teams dream of.

I don't believe spo is the reason lebron left. Lebron could have easily said "if you want me to stay, get me a new coach". And that would have been the end of it. There's a myriad of reasons, I personally think it's because we had no assets, no future, and wade was breaking down. Maybe some coaching thrown in there too. Looked easier to head back to Cleveland where he'd have more control. But just spo? Nah.

And yeah, the better Hassan does, like going 7-9 in a really bad shooting game from everyone else, and the team continues to ignore him, the more spo's going to expose himself to criticism. Natural order of things I suppose.

Lebron left becasue of 2 main things. Bosh and wade are not nearly as good as they once were. a game here and there they show up but they are not consistent. And winning one ring in loserland would be the best thing he could possible accomplish. better than winning 3+ rings on a team where wade is the face...

As for whiteside, i dont think you can give him more touches. the other team knows he doesnt pass, they will just double and triple team him and make him ineffective. whiteside is fine with what he is doing. Our biggest problems are our supposed 2 best players are too inconsistent, and our bench sucks ass. this team really has a 2nd round celining on it. Over a 7 game series i would expect wade and bosh to have 2 or 3 good games and our bench will suck for the most part.

gerald green is another problem i am seeing, he screws up our team defense, and he is not a good shooter, he is streaky but for the most part he is under 50%.

nothing we can do about any of this. For all we know, pat and andy may have already decided this season is a throw away year and they are hoping to get a big fish next season.

As for the spo criticsm, we can spend all day 2nd guessing his calls, the worst thing he did last night imo was start green. Terrible move. give me walker back over green. give me someone that can knock down a 3 when they are open.

Also, wade and dragic continue to look awful together. both guys require the ball in their hands to be effective, good get pat. It's one thing to defer to lebron, but with wades ego, he will never defer to dragic i fear. lol

whiteside will 100% make max money next season. I can see pat moving on too. smh.
Rocky M5
Pro Prospect

Post#25 » by Rocky M5 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:40 pm

Pat wanted LMA, he was ready to kiss Hassan goodbye after this season anyways

Heat_Fan_87
RealGM

Post#26 » by Heat_Fan_87 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:44 pm

Rocky M5 wrote:Pat wanted LMA, he was ready to kiss Hassan goodbye after this season anyways

LMA would make this team worse LOL. This is 2016. you need 3pt snipers to win now.

I will trust in riley, but his decision making the opast 2 seasons has been poor.

granger
bob
trading 2 first and giving max to dragic(poor fit)
wanting LMA

COME ON PAT!!! WE WANT TO WIN AGAIN!!!

If riley really would rather have LMA over whiteside(and i doubt that) thats awful lol
Bourne85
General Manager
And1: 9,055

Post#27 » by Bourne85 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:48 pm

Rocky M5 wrote:Pat wanted LMA, he was ready to kiss Hassan goodbye after this season anyways

It's true. And I am in the camp that thinks Riley doesn't pay Hassan. We are gonna let him walk. Pat will pitch him loyalty and ask for a discount. And Whiteside will take the Max from someone like Dallas.

That's gonna set us back a while too. Great Centers don't just fall on your lap like Whiteside did.

It is what it is.
Rocky M5
Pro Prospect

Post#28 » by Rocky M5 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:51 pm

Heat_Fan_87 wrote:

LMA would make this team worse LOL. This is 2016. you need 3pt snipers to win now.

I will trust in riley, but his decision making the opast 2 seasons has been poor.

granger
bob
wanting LMA

If riley really would rather have LMA over whiteside(and i doubt that) thats awful lol

He's had some incredible luck in the middle of his questionably bad decisions. but i guess its easy to be right when we're looking in hindsight.

Bourne85
General Manager

Post#29 » by Bourne85 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:58 pm

Heat_Fan_87 wrote:

granger
bob
wanting LMA

Those were all PANICK moves for Lebron leaving. He knew we would be in shambles. He super glued this team together on a whim in hopes to stay competitive enough to lure another top FA. Not gonna lie, when Lebron left, Riley's GMing has been pretty terrible.

If I'm Riley; I offer Wade a 12mil contract next season and he accepts a 6th man role. And if he doesn't like it then he can walk. I trade Mcbob, I let Deng walk. Green can walk, amare can walk

I build around Dragic, Winslow, Whiteside and Bosh (his game will age nicely like Duncan's). TJ can stay as dragics back up.

We sign a 3 and D SF. Start Justise at SG and hope he can become an effective scorer.

Dragic
Justise
3 and D
Bosh
Whiteside

Wade 6th man, TJ. Entire new bench.

Spo can stay, il give him 2 years to turn it around before I can him.
Heat_Fan_87
RealGM

Post#30 » by Heat_Fan_87 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:59 pm

wade will be a problem going forward i fear. just like kobe. Wade has an ego and he will need to take his low % shots.
Pure_Basketball
Head Coach
And1: 6,375

Post#31 » by Pure_Basketball » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:48 am

I feel like most of our problems would dissapear if we pushed the pace, but Spo insists on walking the ball over the 16 second timeline after rebounds and made shots by the other team. We leave ourselves with 16 seconds on the shot clock every time, we never get easy transition points because we never get behind the defense, and that's an extra 10 points we could get a game like we did when Lebron was here.

I tell you what id rather throw the ball into the post where Whiteside is money (even if he doesn't pass it back out) then have Deng post up, McRoberts jump shot, Wade mid range, Winslow 3 all day, yet Spo thinks they're all better shots than giving our best player a post up.

I'll be devastated when he leaves this offseason all because Riley was too loyal to a poor coach.
Bourne85
General Manager

Post#32 » by Bourne85 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:05 am

Pure_Basketball wrote:I feel like most of our problems would dissapear if we pushed the pace, but Spo insists on walking the ball over the 16 second timeline after rebounds and made shots by the other team. We leave ourselves with 16 seconds on the shot clock every time, we never get easy transition points because we never get behind the defense, and that's an extra 10 points we could get a game like we did when Lebron was here.

I tell you what id rather throw the ball into the post where Whiteside is money (even if he doesn't pass it back out) then have Deng post up, McRoberts jump shot, Wade mid range, Winslow 3 all day, yet Spo thinks they're all better shots than giving our best player a post up.

I'll be devastated when he leaves this offseason all because Riley was too loyal to a poor coach.

Can't be devastated when we all know that's where it's headed. Spo has done all that he can so far to CONVINCE Whiteside to leave.

Benching him after BigAl scored 3 THREE baskets in a row on him.

Benching him for missing his free throws during Hack a Whiteside.

Benching him for MAKING his free throws during hack a whiteside.

Closing out numerous games with Whiteside on the bench. To run his precious "small ball".

And Riley? Trying to sign LMA. Like if Whiteside doesn't exist lmao.

Str8 up if I'm Whiteside. I leave. I'm gonna be a rich man anyways. But I can be rich and a star of a team. Getting multiple plays ran for him like Drummond. Or I can be a disgruntled Rich man, seeing guys chuck up mid range bricks, 3 point bricks etc. benching me left an right for small ball. I'm good.

Common sense.

Only way he stays is if we see a HUGE change in our game plan. Where Whiteside isn't just some other. Cuz if things stay the same....can even one of you honestly say he will stay?
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 78,750

Post#33 » by QUIZ » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:16 am

Bourne85 wrote:Only way he stays is if we see a HUGE change in our game plan. Where Whiteside isn't just some other. Cuz if things stay the same....can even one of you honestly say he will stay?

Yes, I think that Whiteside will stay on the Heat. I'm an optimist though.
Don’t let us get one. — Nikola Jovic

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#34 » by goodboy » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:26 am

No doubt Goatside will re-sign back. Take into account MANY teams have passed up on him, that will always linger in his head. The one team who gave him stardom will also give him money, he won't think otherwise.
Bright
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#35 » by gom » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:37 am

Hassan Whiteside stays because not only will we have the money to pay him, but also (most of all) we believed in him when nobody else did. If you follow his instagram & twitter you get a good look inside his head. This is a loyal man who gives a **** about what he is doing and who his cohorts are. I think the best thing we can do as fans is believe in him.

Now let's look at how we are doing as fans:

(you think he doesn't care? That's from his instagram.) Here is the original Twitter feed he saw:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/breezy_taught_u/status/579462545179873280[/tweet]

That was a Lakers fan: @NBAPhilosopher. Very typical of the respect he was getting.

Also, this quote was on his twitter for a year:

I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
EscapoTHB
Suspended
And1: 1,249

Post#36 » by EscapoTHB » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:47 am

I don't think Whiteside is unhappy here. I just think we're not taking the most advantage of him which would help us win. He's going to get paid regardless, and he's effective regardless. But as far as team goals, this team doesn't have a huge window, and not getting this stuff implemented after a summer to prepare is really depressing.

We also have some chemistry issues I think, or one chemistry issue. One fat, out of shape, unfocused untradeable, overpaid Slovenian chemistry problem.
Pure_Basketball
Head Coach

Post#37 » by Pure_Basketball » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:55 am

I'm on Whiteside watch, and in 6 minutes of offensive play we've only passed him the ball once and it was a Bosh turnover. These guys never give him the ball.
Pure_Basketball
Head Coach

Post#38 » by Pure_Basketball » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:13 am

Whiteside 10 minutes in the first, 3 shot attempts in the first quarter, all off offensive rebounds and not from any passes. He's had the ball passed to him twice, once when Bosh picked up his dribble at the 3 point line, and the other when Bosh turned it over to him in the post. Bye bye after this season Whiteside, Spo is going to regret wasting your talents when you're scoring 20+ on other teams.
STA 13
Lead Assistant
And1: 361

Post#39 » by STA 13 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:29 am

Whiteside got passed to 3 times tonight where he was lazy and didn't properly seal his man which resulted in turnovers. He needs to do better there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,444

Post#40 » by Bishop45 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:40 am

STA 13 wrote:Whiteside got passed to 3 times tonight where he was lazy and didn't properly seal his man which resulted in turnovers. He needs to do better there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I admit that Whiteside committed some bad TO's but I think it comes down to simply trusting him in the post. Their not creating anything for him and forcing lobs, etc. I don't know if he's sick, tired or etc. but he does seem off himself. I just hope they go back to feeding him in the post... didn't think they did it enough earlier and they are not doing it at all now
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine

Return to Miami Heat