ImageImageImage

Game 1: MIA vs CHA 4/17 @ 5:30PM TNT

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

DWadeno3
RealGM
And1: 2,941

Re: Game 1: MIA vs CHA 4/17 @ 5:30PM TNT 

Post#1321 » by DWadeno3 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:25 pm

3ballbomber wrote:Deng killed it! He has been consistent since POST ASG. Since Spo gave him more 'responsibility' (let's face it that's just nonsense sh*t talk for 'I unleash you out of desperation'). He has fit well w/ the new system (ball movement & quicker pace).

I've been saying since last season that Deng is a highly valuable, key piece, especially when we are true contenders. And that if he was available from another team Riles would be trying to get him in a room. He is a keeper & i predict he'll stay a Heat. He is a Riley sort of guy, simple as that. Big Props to Deng today.

Deng at the 4 spot is the main reason he's become consistently good. Not only is he a tough matchup for plenty of power forwards in the league, but with JJ playing the three spot, we simply have more space for both Wade and Deng to roam around the court. The main reason both Wade and Deng struggled was because we had another guy handling the ball a lot with Goran and had no space for Wade and Deng to have their efficient off-ball movement really flourish. The addition of Joe Johnson and the move from Deng to the 4 is really the secret to our offensive success, as I predicted when JJ signed for us.

EDIT: Good way to start the playoffs, but it's just one game, nothing more than that.

#HeatLifer

Return to Miami Heat