ImageImageImage

The thrilla' in Manilla; Juego de siete- Miami Heat v. El Clifford- 5/1, 1 PM ET

heat4life
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 6,258

Re: The thrilla' in Manilla; Juego de siete- Miami Heat v. El Clifford- 5/1, 1 PM ET 

Post#1501 » by heat4life » Mon May 2, 2016 3:31 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:You really think his Wife would push for him to play if there was ANY risk?!

Can you imagine the liability for the HEAT and the NBA in general if something happens to Bosh during a game or contact practice? I understand the organization's PoV. Unless we get a big number of doctors telling us "it's OK", we should not risk it. He is still getting paid, just be safe bro! I guess from Bosh's perspective, this could be damaging future earnings.
ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP
Shewasfly
Head Coach
And1: 11,752

Re: The thrilla' in Manilla; Juego de siete- Miami Heat v. El Clifford- 5/1, 1 PM ET 

Post#1502 » by Shewasfly » Mon May 2, 2016 4:03 pm

Tony15 wrote:Just heard on LeBatard show that Bosh and his wife are trying to really pressure the organization to let him play. They were rocking #bringbackbosh shirts at yesterday's game apparently.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

No way. I would need to see pics of this. That is too unprofessional. Why not keep things in house?

I really don't like the way Bosh is trying so hard to be a distraction to his team during a playoff run. I know there are a lot of people here still pretty delusional about Bosh ever being our best player, but he needs to be criticized for this if true. Even if he does really want to return this is not the way to go about it.
:tiredJB:
NBADraft2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,123

Post#1503 » by NBADraft2003 » Mon May 2, 2016 4:03 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:You really think his Wife would push for him to play if there was ANY risk?!

There are risks, all she's trying to do is make him happy. No way in hell are they letting him back on the floor, continue to save him from himself and tell them to stop trying to distract the damn team with this situation.
Shewasfly
Head Coach

Post#1504 » by Shewasfly » Mon May 2, 2016 4:07 pm

Um, absolutely. I'm not going to go into full tea spilling mode, but its not hard to believe Adrienne's motivations aren't completely centering his health and his health only. Let's just say based on her history, she might be considering equal parts financial and health ramifications.
Prince Ali
Veteran
And1: 3,507

Post#1505 » by Prince Ali » Mon May 2, 2016 4:12 pm

NBADraft2003 wrote:

There are risks, all she's trying to do is make him happy. No way in hell are they letting him back on the floor, continue to save him from himself and tell them to stop trying to distract the damn team with this situation.

They aren't distracting the team, some of you guys are looking at this situation too emotionally. This has been going on behind the scenes for weeks it's only just recently you see the Bosh camp being more vocal. The Heat aren't going to play him, they aren't going to risk the PR nightmare if something catastrophic was to happen. Could Bosh via the NBAPA force the team's hand into clearing him? Possibly, but they are under no obligation to play him if they don't believe it is safe.
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,442

Post#1506 » by RexBoyWonder » Mon May 2, 2016 4:15 pm

OH COME ON

You're crazy if you think she would support him playing without getting assurances from a serious doctor that it's safe.

They just had twins for Christ sakes, If it was just Chris himself pushing for a comeback it could've been irresponsible, but no way his family will help him if they thought it's risking his life.

Maybe it's Doctor X against Doctor Y, and Micky and Pat trust Doctor Y more? :-? :dontknow:
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,490

Post#1507 » by Bishop45 » Mon May 2, 2016 4:22 pm

Wife is involved now, more than likely to spin that specific narrative

I'll put my eggs in the basket siding with the doctors
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
NBADraft2003
Lead Assistant

Post#1508 » by NBADraft2003 » Mon May 2, 2016 4:44 pm

Prince Ali wrote:
NBADraft2003 wrote:

They aren't distracting the team, some of you guys are looking at this situation too emotionally. This has been going on behind the scenes for weeks it's only just recently you see the Bosh camp being more vocal. The Heat aren't going to play him, they aren't going to risk the PR nightmare if something catastrophic was to happen. Could Bosh via the NBAPA force the team's hand into clearing him? Possibly, but they are under no obligation to play him if they don't believe it is safe.

It is a distraction. In all this time that they've been doing this behind closed doors to start doing this publicly is just a distraction. Trying to force the organization's hand to play him when he could die on the court, we don't need that at this time.
NBADraft2003
Lead Assistant

Post#1509 » by NBADraft2003 » Mon May 2, 2016 4:48 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:OH COME ON

You're crazy if you think she would support him playing without getting assurances from a serious doctor that it's safe.

They just had twins for Christ sakes, If it was just Chris himself pushing for a comeback it could've been irresponsible, but no way his family will help him if they thought it's risking his life.

Maybe it's Doctor X against Doctor Y, and Micky and Pat trust Doctor Y more? :-? :dontknow:

That's what it is, they're getting okays from this doctor and the not okays from the other. The organization isn't going to put him at any risk unless they are more than 100% assurances that this condition won't occur again.
Prince Ali
Veteran
And1: 3,507

Post#1510 » by Prince Ali » Mon May 2, 2016 5:05 pm

NBADraft2003 wrote:
Prince Ali wrote:
NBADraft2003 wrote:There are risks, all she's trying to do is make him happy. No way in hell are they letting him back on the floor, continue to save him from himself and tell them to stop trying to distract the damn team with this situation.

It is a distraction. In all this time that they've been doing this behind closed doors to start doing this publicly is just a distraction. Trying to force the organization's hand to play him when he could die on the court, we don't need that at this time.

No it isn't a distraction. They just closed out a game 7 yesterday. The players all know what's going on, nobody is distracted.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#1511 » by HIF » Mon May 2, 2016 5:22 pm

Prince Ali wrote:
NBADraft2003 wrote:
Prince Ali wrote:

No it isn't a distraction. They just closed out a game 7 yesterday. The players all know what's going on, nobody is distracted.

I think that Goran was distracted in G1 through G6 but he's not now. :D
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,990

Post#1512 » by eddieheatfan » Mon May 2, 2016 5:22 pm

wow so much drama.i think the heat is in the right of being cautious with bosh.shame on bosh for pushing this issue and no wonder why the godfather was/looked displeased yesterday while the heat were winning.do you guys think that bosh may be moved in the off-season because of his pestering?
dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,176

Post#1513 » by dolphinatik » Mon May 2, 2016 5:23 pm

He is probably at risk whether he plays our not. This is a body issue not a basketball issue. Heat would only bring him in if we get a legit shot at a title.
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 78,761

Post#1514 » by QUIZ » Mon May 2, 2016 6:11 pm

This is the same team that held out TJ 3 weeks after he was medically cleared to play. The Heat have always been cautious.

I get Bosh's perspective, it wasn't that serious this time around and now he feels perfectly fine. The Heat aren't going to risk it though.

To me what's weird is that they've left the door open with the whole 'We're open to anything' bs

If they really want this to stop all they have to do is rule him out for the season.

And for the people talking about this hurting his earning potential, he's got 3yrs of max money left on his deal.

More than enough time to prove his health and even then he'll be 35 when his contract is up.

He wants to come back because he loves the game.
Don’t let us get one. — Nikola Jovic

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
Tony15
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,862

Post#1515 » by Tony15 » Mon May 2, 2016 7:23 pm

Shewasfly wrote:
Tony15 wrote:Just heard on LeBatard show that Bosh and his wife are trying to really pressure the organization to let him play. They were rocking #bringbackbosh shirts at yesterday's game apparently.

No way. I would need to see pics of this. That is too unprofessional. Why not keep things in house?

I really don't like the way Bosh is trying so hard to be a distraction to his team during a playoff run. I know there are a lot of people here still pretty delusional about Bosh ever being our best player, but he needs to be criticized for this if true. Even if he does really want to return this is not the way to go about it.

I'll have to re-listen to that part of the conversation just to make sure, but I swear that's what I heard.

EDIT: Yep. I heard correctly.
Chalm Down
RealGM
And1: 132,753

Post#1516 » by Chalm Down » Mon May 2, 2016 7:26 pm

Shewasfly wrote:

There's nothing delusional about thinking Bosh is the best player on this team even if you don't agree
Bishop45 wrote:"Let Iggie start the season brehs, was the wors that could happen"
Tony15
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,862

Post#1517 » by Tony15 » Mon May 2, 2016 7:33 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:OH COME ON

I believe this is EXACTLY what's going on here. I've watched the NBA long enough to know that teams almost always act in the best interest of themselves, not the players (hell there has been many arguments on this board regarding Micky Arisons waiving of players for tax reasons, regardless of all the good he's done for us). Granted, Miami operates differently in a sense but remember, Bosh already found a doctor that was willing to clear him for b-ball activities and it doesn't matter. Doctor Y in this case, are the Heat doctors the organization trusts and they aren't gonna risk anything. Quite frankly, I don't blame them.
Shewasfly
Head Coach

Post#1518 » by Shewasfly » Mon May 2, 2016 8:08 pm

Chalm Down wrote:
Shewasfly wrote:

There's nothing delusional about thinking Bosh is the best player on this team even if you don't agree

In my opinion it is very much so delusional. It always has been but its especially so at this point. But I don't want to argue about it.
Shewasfly
Head Coach

Post#1519 » by Shewasfly » Mon May 2, 2016 8:12 pm

Tony15 wrote:
Shewasfly wrote:

I'll have to re-listen to that part of the conversation just to make sure, but I swear that's what I heard.

EDIT: Yep. I heard correctly.

Yeah someone else said it too. Messy.
Magic Boo
Bench Warmer
And1: 953

Re: AW: The thrilla' in Manilla; Juego de siete- Miami Heat v. El Clifford- 5/1, 1 PM ET 

Post#1520 » by Magic Boo » Tue May 3, 2016 9:55 pm

Wrong thread...

Return to Miami Heat